Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justicarjamie

A Strange Liberation

I don't normally have dreams like this, so I'm inclined to think it's a nonsense dream, but I could be looking at it wrong.

I was an observer in a large wooden building. At the rear of the building was a jail cell, it had many men inside, one stood out and I thought it was Johnny Depp, he was wearing a striped prison uniform. He was leaning up against the bars, up on a wooden crate where the door was. There were others like me, just hanging out in the building. The doors to the building suddenly came open, they were large wooden doors like a barn would have. A man was visible in front of the doorway, and I whispered "Legolas". The man was tall, wearing a green army type uniform. He held in each hand by his side enormous shotguns. His face was dirty. He began to hum a tune, it was haunting and powerful sounding, as he slowly walked forward. As he came inside and got closer to the jail cell, he started lifting the guns with each stride, while still humming the melody. When he got close enough to the cell he stopped and each gun was pointed at the cell door. Johnny and the people in the cell had a surprised look on their faces. Johnny stepped off the box and got away from the cell door. Legolas hummed the final note.

I don't normally have dreams with celebrities in them, either...but, I wouldn't necessarily dismiss this one!

The gist of the dream is that you were observing someone who was about to be set free from their prison cell.  That's an awesome symbol!  When I have dreams where I'm not really a participant - just someone who's watching the events unfold - that's usually how it plays out in real life.

The Legolas character can be symbolic for an angel or the Lord.  The Johnny Depp person would be the one to watch for in your waking life.  From what I've seen in other people's dreams about famous people, there should be something about the real life person that would cause you to compare them to the actor.  Is there anyone in your waking life that reminds you, somehow, of Johnny Depp?  It could be appearance, behavior, or even just their name.  This person should also be someone that you recognize as being held captive in some way.  This dream shows that they are about to be set free from that captivity.

Thank's again Mark for replying. I hadn't thought of the dream in that way, yet it's so simple.

Only one person comes to mind as fitting the Johnny character. My brother is not a believer, never has been, but he is very eccentric. I have been praying for his salvation for some time. Wouldn't that be awesome =)