Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

2010 Chat - January (part 6)

Oh!!! really??!!?? how funny - see Zoonie gets everywhere Laughing

I'm just distracted, breaking UK national news - a woman has been arrested after walking into a police station stating she has killed her two children (both under 5) Police have found their bodies in her car.

It's happened in the next village to us - well, not a village, a small market town where we go to shop, visit the library etc.

Shocking!

Yeah, K and me started singing in the store, was quite funny!

OMG that's terrible!!! Gives me goosebumps

Singing is good ♫ (well you know me!)

It's so strange, we really do live in a rural area, but also this week there was a the trial of a woman accused of the attempted murder of her daughter.
She lives only just over a mile from our house. The case should never have been brought IMO, it was very sad, and she was found guilty of assisted suicide, but given only one year sentence, which was suspended

(if that doesn't translate for you just say)

I love singing, not sure if it's in tune, but I don't mind :p

I understood, thank you Smile
Very strange indeed and so 'creepy' to know someone is capable of killing his or her own flesh and blood, let alone someone you don't know...

I mentioned something about a guy beginning of January, he killed a couple (for the reason that they were bugging him too much, at least, that's what he says, and for him it was the final drop), afterwards, it seemed he kidnapped another girl, raped and murdered her too, that was 3 or 4 years ago. AND - yup... other confessions were made, things that happened 10 to 20 years ago. At that point I stopped following the case, it was too bad.

That's why IMOM is so relieved to be let off doing Jury duty, because the court he was summoned by is a court that tries more serious cases, the mercy killing one this week and also another murder case.

It's very, very difficult, but there have been two trials resolved this week of mother's 'euthanising' their own terribly ill or injured child. One got 9 years (as he was in a vegetative state and didn't express a wish to die) but the other, the local one, her daughter had tried to commit suicide (as she had previously) and her mother was actually helping fulfil her daughter's own wishes - I think the outcome of each trial was fair really.

But yes, terribly hard to think about, let alone decide upon.

Let's change the subject, sorry, it's a bit deep!

Hm, that makes it sound different, if it's about euthanasia. I'm very cautious about my opinion about that, but it changes my point of view now in those two cases actually.

Let me see, what's there to tell. Nothing much over here actually lol, I'm going to pack more things tomorrow and try to get everything done in time, so I won't have to stress. I remember last year, I had exam the day before we left, that was hard. Now it's BFs turn, but I try to get everything ready, so he only has to pack his things

Oh yes, your holiday is even closer than I thought! so exciting Smile

Am in and out now BBG, cooking - it sure comes round quickly too!

Oh may I ask what you're cooking?
Not to worry, will be in and out myself too, am enjoying some Guitar Hero on Wii, I didn't play for at least 3 weeks now hee hee, so I deserve some fun!

We're having some new potatoes, roasted mixed peppers with herbs and some cherry tomatoes, and fish (flat, white fish in a bread crumb with seeds) with that we'll have some tartare sauce.

Can't wait - am really hungry to be honest, and there's a cooking programme on TV too!

That sounds sooo good!
I missed James Martin the other night, but luckily I got it ready to record, so phew!

i am great thank you. Congratulations on your pets wedding, your wedding rooms are sooo cute xxx

Not so bad, just going to eat though, grrr bad timing.
Am having work done on house, it's going ok, but it's really cold darn sath!

Hi there Frannie!
If it was a busy day, then you deserve some time off and a huge drink!

well... I'll maybe save the drink for dinner... still have 2-3 hours before that

We've eaten.

Bar's open, so that sounds like a good thing then congratulations

so sorry short visit for me.. OH just walked in.. going to go relax for a bit.. see you next time

See you later Frannie
I think I'm heading to bed early, I'm having a sore throat and eyes, but still want to finish a couple of things

Looks like i missed you all, it was my sons birthday today so we had a family dinner and I only just finished clearing up....Womans work and all that.

Oh well I'll have a quick look at Ps and catch you all later.

Night night xx

Me too, night Frannie, keep checking footie progress (Villa for OH) and watching Relocation etc etc.
Can't get over the fact that he reminds me of David Blunkett (although not blind obviously) - the pair f them seem to suffer arrested development!

Toulouse wrote:
Dawn! I'm still here!

Oh hi Toulouse, I thought you were heading for bed..... how was your shopping trip?

Hi Gill nice dinner hun?

I'm still here for a bit, looking for some online company while I'm finishing a couple of things on the computer

Shopping trip was pretty awesome, time flew by like it was nothing and we both were very tired afterwards. Was glad I had to take the bus home, don't think I was able to drive!

How are you hon?

Glad you enjoyed it, you deserve some R&R the way you've been studying and your ski trip coming up too

I'm good thanks, had a busy day (tongue in cheek)and family dinner for my sons birthday so good yes

Was it a good birthday Dawn?

Dinner was good thanks although we're agog over news of a murder in the next village Sad
(on Sky and BBC sites, East Sussex, two children in their mother's car)

R is shouting at the TV (Sjy Sports News)

No other news here lol.

I'm redecorating at Sparkles house, with the hunt I've neglected her space,,,poor thing. So having a free week is good, she's having a complete re model congratulations

R&R! I had to google it, but I get it now
I don't rest too much, at least, I don't feel like I get enough sleep, but I really try to enjoy my spare time now and do the things I had to 'miss' the last couple of weeks (I try to get as less distracted as I can).

Oooh, a birthday party! Wish him a happy birthday Smile

Zoonie wrote:

Dinner was good thanks although we're agog over news of a murder in the next village Sad
(on Sky and BBC sites, East Sussex, two children in their mother's car)

R is shouting at the TV (Sjy Sports News)

No other news here lol.

Oh My Goodness, Gill that's awful....you know I don't watch the news very much, it's a bit of a hangover from living at home cos Dad was obsessed, so I haven't heard that news. How terribly sad, I'm kind of glad I didn't hear it. I get so upset!

Zoonie wrote:

Toulouse wrote:
R&R! I had to google it, but I get it now
I don't rest too much, at least, I don't feel like I get enough sleep, but I really try to enjoy my spare time now and do the things I had to 'miss' the last couple of weeks (I try to get as less distracted as I can).

Oooh, a birthday party! Wish him a happy birthday Smile

It was a good birthday, I think he enjoyed it Smile not so much a party as a family dinner just the four of us which is very rare these days. He's 23 today!!! I can hardly believe it tbh, and I have to say I feel a lot better today than I did 23 years ago Laughing

Yes Toulouse, you should enjoy every minute of your relaxation time hun. It's good to take time for yourself xx

Sorry Dawn, I was saying to BG earlier that this week our neck of the woods has been hitting the national news for all the wrong reasons (unlike you I follow all the news and politics -find it fascinating, and actually enjoy the challenge of thinking through issues that are really hard to come to terms with - guess it's a throw back to wanting to be a barrister)

I've been redecorating numerous rooms all week for the big wedding, so next week will probably do them all over again lol.

Don't forget Spot the Difference in Zoonie's attic!

BG will send a final reminder for your comp, held off due to Kijo's messages.

foxydrama wrote:
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

seems I missed a wedding :good:

Hi Foxy, nice to meet you hun, yes you did if you weren't around yesterday. It was so much fun! Did you look at the thread?

foxydrama wrote:

Foxy!!! my darling, so glad to see you

Yes, a whole dedicated wedding thread in here Smile

I've had two fabulous ideas for April Spot the Difference comps - keep laughing to myself (oops!)

foxydrama wrote:

Foxy!!!!

DawnyDawn wrote:
It was a good birthday, I think he enjoyed it Smile not so much a party as a family dinner just the four of us which is very rare these days. He's 23 today!!! I can hardly believe it tbh, and I have to say I feel a lot better today than I did 23 years ago Laughing

Yes Toulouse, you should enjoy every minute of your relaxation time hun. It's good to take time for yourself xx

Lol, I bet you feel better now Laughing
I'm actually counting down towards my best friends baby, she's due for May.

Zoonie wrote:
Sorry Dawn, I was saying to BG earlier that this week our neck of the woods has been hitting the national news for all the wrong reasons (unlike you I follow all the news and politics -find it fascinating, and actually enjoy the challenge of thinking through issues that are really hard to come to terms with - guess it's a throw back to wanting to be a barrister)

I've been redecorating numerous rooms all week for the big wedding, so next week will probably do them all over again lol.

Thanks sweetie!
I should follow the news a bit more, I sometimes have no idea what's going on in the world

Zoonie wrote:

I didn't mean to sound flippant about world affairs and such Gill, I do have an enquiring mind; I don't much enjoy watching the news over and over again and I suppose in that case I miss events as they occur. I hate the way the reporters over dramatise even the weather, so all told I do miss quite alot.

Oh No! More burnt soup! How does burnt soup get to look like burnt meat balls LOl

DawnyDawn wrote:
foxydrama wrote:

Hi Foxy, nice to meet you hun, yes you did if you weren't around yesterday. It was so much fun! Did you look at the thread?
hi dawn, nice to meet you! I have that thread open too and am trying to see the pictures!

Zoonie wrote:
foxydrama wrote:

Foxy!!! my darling, so glad to see you

Yes, a whole dedicated wedding thread in here Smile

I'm looking at it now... You know, I'm so out of touch with PS- there have been weeks where I never even saw the new items, I just log in to feed Foxy...

So right now I'm multi-tasking... was trying to watch a show, do my nails, chat here, see the Wedding pics and see the stores in PS...

why are there only 24 hours in the day!!!!!!

Zoonie wrote:
I've had two fabulous ideas for April Spot the Difference comps - keep laughing to myself (oops!)
i like those!

Toulouse wrote:
foxydrama wrote:

Foxy!!!!

DawnyDawn wrote:

Lol, I bet you feel better now Laughing
I'm actually counting down towards my best friends baby, she's due for May.

Zoonie wrote:

Thanks sweetie!
I should follow the news a bit more, I sometimes have no idea what's going on in the world

Hi there!!
congrats on the wedding hee hee!!
what's the lotion? there was a lotion! i'm so lost! :shok:

Curse the burnt cooking Dawn.

I didn't take you as being flippant, not at all, just different ways of dealing with thins.

I'm really well able to deal in a 'two hats' kind of analytical way, which isn't for everyone - not to say things don't affect me emotionally, not at all, but I do just find so many things fascinating in an academic way and can spend days theorising lol

[zip lip]

foxydrama wrote:

Hi there!!
congrats on the wedding hee hee!!
what's the lotion? there was a lotion! i'm so lost! :shok:

thank you congratulations
It's actually the sunscreen decor, didn't know the name yet : D

Foxy I am one of the world's worst with mystery items (last week there was sun lotion) but can send you some TWS if you fancy any? (take a look at the Gift Registry thread) I know you don't usually worry about what Foxy has, but here are spares in the Registry and you are most welcome.