Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

What book are you reading right now?

Here is the description from Amazon.com lol... They word it much better than I could lol...

It’s 1964 and young American Kate Hughes anticipates finding knowledge—and perhaps love—at Oxford University. She discovers possibilities in David MacKenzie, a young lecturer who carries on the legacy of his friend and mentor, C.S. Lewis. But conflict arises when she also catches the eye of the dashing Lord Stuart Devereux. Kate’s heart is torn between the two men, and her convictions are challenged as her vulnerability draws her to a rendezvous she may regret.

Sprinkled with allusions to classic English literature, references to C.S. Lewis, and an appearance from Professor J.R.R. Tolkien himself, this wonderful first novel unfolds with grace into an endearing story that will delight both devotees of The Inklings and readers of romance.

For those that aren't aware of who C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien are famous Authors who are well known for Chronicles of Narnia (Lewis) and Lord of the Rings (Tolkien)

I am reading a novel that was started by Michael McDowell and finished by Tabitha King. It is called Candles Burning.

Known for his chilling Blackwater series, author Michael McDowell left behind the unfinished manuscript for Candles Burning upon his death in 1999. In the spirit of the ghost stories that Michael loved, Tabitha King has taken up where he left off, weaving a Southern gothic fabric of murder, guilt, innocence, corruption, and survival, in the voices of the living and the dead.

Calliope "Calley" Dakin is just seven when her beloved father is tortured, murdered, and dismembered by two women with no discernible motivation. In the aftermath, Calley and her mother find themselves caught up in inexplicable events that exile them to Pensacola Beach, where-in a house that's a dead ringer for Calley's late great-grandmother's house-a woman awaits their presence. For Calley is no normal little girl.

I spent a summer reading Twilight and hated it. Edward Cullen reminded me waaay too much of my emotionally abusive ex boyfriend.

The fact that he got his family involved in controlling Bella, just made me ill.

Right now, I'm not reading anything though, have been trying to find the time to work on my stories.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I spent a summer reading Twilight and hated it. Edward Cullen reminded me waaay too much of my emotionally abusive ex boyfriend.

I feel the same way! I never have gotten the appeal of Edward...or Bella for that matter. Sometimes I'm scared to say so because the fans love the books so much. I know how that can be. I'm a big Harry Potter fan, which some people don't get either.

at the moment im reading WANING MOON BY Yborjen

i have only been able to read a few sentences each day lol but im reading it on the computer thats why , i get sidetracked by pet society :S

do i recommend it? YES!!! its the story about how Carlisle Cullen (character on twilight) gets turned into a vampire and the struggles to keep himself from killing humans

Currently right now, I am reading Eclipse. From the Twilight Series.
I'm only on Chapter 2. But it's great so far !!! congratulations

TennisPrincess wrote:
Currently right now, I am reading Eclipse. From the Twilight Series.
I'm only on Chapter 2. But it's great so far !!! congratulations

will you please check your facebook link as it is a rule of the forum that everybody have a valid link. At the moment yours goes to my homepage, which usually means you have copied the link from your f/b homepage not your PROFILE page as required. Any problem with this please contact either myself or any mod/admin who will be happy to help you

jocunddaffodils wrote:
Tiddly Winks wrote:

I feel the same way! I never have gotten the appeal of Edward...or Bella for that matter. Sometimes I'm scared to say so because the fans love the books so much. I know how that can be. I'm a big Harry Potter fan, which some people don't get either.

Thank you. Smile I thought for a time that it was just me, but then I started seeing articles in periodicals about how it's not good. I believe wholeheartedly that before passing judgment on any book, that I read it first.

I love Harry Potter though.

I will be reading these books again and again till the Book Market:
1. Mythology
2. Egyptology
3. Dragonology
4. The Wizardology Handbook: A course for Apprentices
5. The Wizardology Handbook: Wizards of the World

I am currently reading:
Agatha Christie-Murder of Roger Ackroyd (In English)

I am reading Postern of Fate. The most Intresting book I ever read.

I am finishing Eclipse (infact I cant wait to get the kids in bed so I can finish it lol)

I'm going to buy Breaking dawn tomorrow congratulations

I'm so sad Sad I'm not reading anything right now!! I went to get the second book in the series I was reading so I left my name and number for them to call when they get it.... I can't really buy new books so I'm going to have to wait until the twilight series comes into the local used book store lol. I may be the last one to read them lol but I'll be a part of that group eventually lol!

I was reading the first book Of twilight than I stopped when I discovered Agatha Christie's books behind some books. I can't belive I have about 20 .

Gaiamaiden wrote:
WOOHOO LISA!!!!! Smile are you enjoying eclipse? Smile xx

I LOVE IT!!!

They are jsut teaming up with the werewolves...I am so excited I just cannot wait to finish it congratulations

I think I might be getting a little obsessed with it all Ashamed

I even have a pic of Edward as my pc wallpaper Ashamed

And its all your fault

it isnt my fault!!! you watched Twilight because you were bored! lol so thank your bordom lol xxx

ok maybe i did have a little to do with it lmao

I never would of considered watching it though if it wasnt for the fact you had gone on about it that much that I was curious...so it is all your fault

lol so my obsession has become your obsession lmao
okay then i will except 100% of the blame lol but it was worth it wasnt it?! lol

lea75 wrote:
I think I might be getting a little obsessed with it all Ashamed

I even have a pic of Edward as my pc wallpaper Ashamed

And its all your fault

OMG ...poor Mr Tennant ...to have been discarded so easily

Hmph. Harry Potter is better than the Twilight Saga by thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss much.

Mangoberri wrote:
Hmph. Harry Potter is better than the Twilight Saga by thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss much.

Agatha Christie's better than Hp a Twilight. (Let this not start a book fight) Laughing

Tromo3 wrote:
Mangoberri wrote:

Agatha Christie's better than Hp a Twilight. (Let this not start a book fight) Laughing

Never read Agatha Christie...Twilight was okay..until I read Harry Potter again!

right now im reading one of those Cherub books by Robert Muchamore.
im reading the Class A one. congratulations its my first one of the cherub books

I am now reasind Breaking dawn...the last of the twilight saga

It is a huge book, but it is still not big enough for me Sad There is part of me that cant wait to see what happens, but then another part of me that doesnt want the book to finish..how sad am I? (please dont anwer that lol) Laughing

I am reading:
Postern of fate
Flying class
The Damned Yard

I'm reading a book called The Roadside Crosses by Jeffery Deaver and thoroughly enjoying it at the moment

@gaimaiden:
you crack me up! you need to start reading the other twilight fanfic. i promise you they will not disappoint! LOL!!!

i love magical books, but not fantasy, really. im reading a book called Confessions of a Shopaholic for the billionth time. also, UNDOMESTIC GODDESS is the most AWEOSME book i ever read!! by sophie kinsella

at the moment i am reading Nikolai Gogol- Dead Souls

Just finished book two of the Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's the second book I've read from Collins, and I must say that she is really good. Smile

The Trump Card by Ivanka Trump...very..powerful and inspirational for entrepreneurs?

I've already finished Flowers for Algernon, by recommendation. It made me cry a lot at the end. It's a masterpiece.

Guest Guest
Mangoberri wrote:
The Trump Card by Ivanka Trump...very..powerful and inspirational for entrepreneurs?

That sounds like an interesting book. I will put it on hold at my library.

I am reading 2 books...
- Rainy Day Games (to find stuff to do with my daughter at home)
&
- Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life
It's a self help book that starts with clearing out the extra "Stuff" in your house... then it moves on to "feelings" and "relationships" so you can live a more stree-free and happy life. I'm likeing it allot. It's not hard to folow, and once you start trowing things out, you can't stop!!! (I'm a hoarder, so this is helping me allot!) Laughing

I'm reading Linda Fairstein - Hells gate

It is the latest in the series on Alex cooper and assistant DA and it is fabulous Smile

I am reading Julian Comstock by Robert Charles Wilson. It is entertaining Smile

I am reading L.A. Candy from Lauren Conrad. I would say it is more than I expected from Lauren Conrad and so far it is an entertaining book. congratulations

I'm reading Bridge to Holy Cross by Paullina Simons, the second book in a trilogy about a Russian girl during WWII and beyond. So far better than the first book in the trilogy!