Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The FEBRUARY Chat - part 1

Ok so ...I'm opening the bar........perhaps that will entice you all ....

(I realise drinking alone is not good LOL)

I was wrestling with the vac and the steam cleaner Wish, so now a little light refreshment wouldn't be a bad idea! Laughing

Zoonie wrote:
I was wrestling with the vac and the steam cleaner Wish, so now a little light refreshment wouldn't be a bad idea! Laughing

Well you made it in at the right time because tonight I have Sancerre (passes over glass)

How was your day ? Thanks for trading the witch doll btw ....and do you have a set of new MI yet (the pink cupid, heart pouch etc ?)

Oh lovely

No problem with the trade, although I'd convinced myself this morning that it was Tanya rather than you
I remembered though once she said it wasn't her.

Frannie kindly gifted Zoonie an apron and a heart shaped pillow, but I don't think I've seen the cupid doll?

Eeek Wish will you pop my wine back in the fridge for a wee while please, I have to go for a while, but, like Arnie...will be back!

Zoonie wrote:
Eeek Wish will you pop my wine back in the fridge for a wee while please, I have to go for a while, but, like Arnie...will be back!

For sure...and will send Zoonie a little MB mail while I wait :-)

Thanks Army, and oooh 'citing Wish, thank you - sorry to run out on your earlier

armellproctor wrote:
good morning / evening t you both i hope you are well xoxo

LOL - I was just thinking that you might be dropping by :-)

How are you my dear friend Smile Having a good day so far ?

Mine has been quite quiet actually - bit of work, some bank stuff, lond walk with dogs (have to walk them separately now ....so takes 2 hours each day) and then a bit of PS trading Smile
Watcha been up to Armell ?

Wish Fairy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:

Mine has been quite quiet actually - bit of work, some bank stuff, lond walk with dogs (have to walk them separately now ....so takes 2 hours each day) and then a bit of PS trading Smile

i don't know how my day is , i just got up , never got to bed until after 3 lol i haven't been up to much lately just sewing on my dolls , reading my books and playing ps that's about it , bowling tonight though and that's always a blast lol saw my sister on saturday and we went to thrift stores we had a great time and i found special doll patterns and tons of material i got 12 patterns and all that material for just over $ 20 it would have been well over a $100 if bought at regular price lol

My day has been a bit same old/same old. Builder finished tiling and grouting the floor and window sill today (plus the area that's serving as a skirting board) oh and the shower tray.

And he put up a corner cupboard too (am taking photos for a slide show of progress)

Tomorrow he'll tile the shower area (walls) and then after that it should come on in a huge leap.

armellproctor wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:

i don't know how my day is , i just got up , never got to bed until after 3 lol i haven't been up to much lately just sewing on my dolls , reading my books and playing ps that's about it , bowling tonight though and that's always a blast lol saw my sister on saturday and we went to thrift stores we had a great time and i found special doll patterns and tons of material i got 12 patterns and all that material for just over $ 20 it would have been well over a $100 if bought at regular price lol

Well I suppose it is only around 10am for you so....
Wow - you;re gonna spend Feb sewing. I am SO rubbish at sewing and have a hard time just getting a button back on LOL

I like sewing, but I enjoy hand sewing best.

Today I also made calls about the TV needing a repair (for the inbuilt DVD) and the kettle which has a fault - the lid wont open. I bought it from House of Fraser on line, the lady on the phone said, can you take it back to your nearest store? pointed out that I'd bought it on line because our nearest store is a round trip of nearly 90 miles Doh!

Zoonie wrote:
I like sewing, but I enjoy hand sewing best.

Today I also made calls about the TV needing a repair (for the inbuilt DVD) and the kettle which has a fault - the lid wont open. I bought it from House of Fraser on line, the lady on the phone said, can you take it back to your nearest store? pointed out that I'd bought it on line because our nearest store is a round trip of nearly 90 miles Doh!

Gggggggrrr - I hate when they say that. I had similar issue with the bank today!! But all sorted when I went to the branch as telephone banking were SO unhelpful!! The guy at the branch was Amazing! the guy on the phone SUCKED big time !
My neighbours are always popping over to ask me to fix things that are not working for them LOL...I feel like "the Clock Winder" sometimes

Zoonie wrote:
My day has been a bit same old/same old. Builder finished tiling and grouting the floor and window sill today (plus the area that's serving as a skirting board) oh and the shower tray.

And he put up a corner cupboard too (am taking photos for a slide show of progress)

Tomorrow he'll tile the shower area (walls) and then after that it should come on in a huge leap.

i wish i was having all that done , but i can't complain as i get the work done for free, just have to wait until my brother inlaw has the time . i am going to paint the family room and the hallway soon and then the stairs are going to be done we are re placing the carpet on the stairs with wood and the top landing will be hard wood as well as the hall way then on to my bathroom which will be tiled and waynes cotting on the walls i am looking for an vintige side board that will be where my bathroom sink will go in and i have an 1930's mirror that will go over it

Woo Hooo Armell. I wish I had a B-I-L who was in any way useful.....1930's sounds FAB.

Gill - I have you down as a little more comtemporary, but still traditional...am I right ?

I'm usually the Mrs. Fixit! in our house, but sadly neither can be done, and to be fair, under guarantee, why should I meddle with them?

Army, that will be lovely then when it's done - ours is costing an arm and a leg, take it from me.

OMG nearly had a Bikkie moment, IMOM is making me roar with laughter.

Wish Fairy wrote:
Woo Hooo Armell. I wish I had a B-I-L who was in any way useful.....1930's sounds FAB.

Gill - I have you down as a little more comtemporary, but still traditional...am I right ?

Well yes, you would be right.

The thing is, it's the main bathroom we're having done and so it has to fit with the rest of the house.

The hall, stairs and landing are fairly grand really, it was all done before we bought the house, so it's no good going ultra modern (with Georgian style windows and fancy coving etc.)

The most radical style decision was to for go a bath and just have a very large shower

Wish Fairy wrote:

i have a lot of antiques and want to make my house like an old county house with a twist lol i found 2 doors from an old house about the 30's anyways i made a head board and a foot board with them for my bed it looks like an old style bed now lol hubbie made the posts for the doors to go on so it looks really good ( i think it does anyway ) lol

Zoonie wrote:
I'm usually the Mrs. Fixit! in our house, but sadly neither can be done, and to be fair, under guarantee, why should I meddle with them?

Army, that will be lovely then when it's done - ours is costing an arm and a leg, take it from me.
OMG nearly had a Bikkie moment, IMOM is making me roar with laughter.

Quite agree - that's what you have guarantee for !!

What the heck is "BIKKIE" ...I'm as bit lost (or dumb LOL)

Hi gang! Just wanted to post my picture of Hambone again ... I love him so much!!! congratulations

Zoonie wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:

Well yes, you would be right.

The thing is, it's the main bathroom we're having done and so it has to fit with the rest of the house.

The hall, stairs and landing are fairly grand really, it was all done before we bought the house, so it's no good going ultra modern (with Georgian style windows and fancy coving etc.)

The most radical style decision was to for go a bath and just have a very large shower

my hubbies bathroom has a huge soaker tup he likes taking baths, my bathroom has the shower which i like more than baths lol

mindyjoy wrote:
Hi gang! Just wanted to post my picture of Hambone again ... I love him so much!!! congratulations

ah he is so cute , i named my little kitty peppa i love her too i just worry that she will run away so i keep checking to see if she wants to be fed lol

Wish Fairy wrote:

Hee Hee you wouldn't know, it's a kind of acronym-ish meaning Beverage/Keyboard/Interface, some kind of city-speak for when you spit your drink out over your keyboard

mindyjoy wrote:

77MINDY!!!! Hello angel, aaaw so adorable, how the name though? how?

armellproctor wrote:

my hubbies bathroom has a huge soaker tup he likes taking baths, my bathroom has the shower which i like more than baths lol

Neither of us bathe really, IMOM never, and me err, possibly when we go on a beach holiday - we both shower.

collin10.jpg

collin11.jpg

although the cupboard in the corner is a curved front set on the corner, not straight, and the shower floor is mosaic tiled like the windowsill and the skirting board area - which is the same granite as the hand basins are set into, and, there are cupboards down the side of the vanity area too.

I just typed some revisions.

The other luxury bit is that there's electrical underfloor heating too.

Am kind of pleased you like it Army. The limestone, granite and the wood are all lovely Smile

@ Gill - thanks for the interpreation (I think). The bathroom is FAB !! Ours is a bit similar. I hate a bath actually but OH loves to soak!

Hi Mindy - how you doing ?

Gosh gotta run and get the dinner y'all - see you later.

Wish Fairy wrote:
@ Gill - thanks for the interpreation (I think). The bathroom is FAB !! Ours is a bit similar. I hate a bath actually but OH loves to soak!

Hi Mindy - how you doing ?

Gosh gotta run and get the dinner y'all - see you later.

bye bye sweetie and thank you again xoxo

Zoonie wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:

Hee Hee you wouldn't know, it's a kind of acronym-ish meaning Beverage/Keyboard/Interface, some kind of city-speak for when you spit your drink out over your keyboard

mindyjoy wrote:

77MINDY!!!! Hello angel, aaaw so adorable, how the name though? how?

I really can't say, it was just the first thing that came to mind ... quite silly though, isn't it? At least it will be unique.

See you Army Smile

Names are a funny thing really Mindy - I chose Zoonie's petling name after Socks who we're fostering, only Zoonie's pet is named Sox.

I just love his little white paws .... so prosh!!!!

I am being swept away with work .... have a great rest of the day, everyone!

why do i keep reading FEBRUARY as FERARRI, when it comes out in the recent topics? Laughing

Heya SIB,why is Chup looking so sad? a pet's mean to do great things for you!

Zoonie's pet's blue too.

I'm trying to find out how many colours there are? so far, black, buff, blue and pink, for sure.

How are you and Mrs SIB doing? We had a severe hoar frost this morning and IMOM's train was delayed.

tweet40 wrote:
why do i keep reading FEBRUARY as FERARRI, when it comes out in the recent topics? Laughing

LOL Tweet didn't see your post before...I diagnose that you have either a racing car, or, a very, very expensive road car - fixation!

Zoonie wrote:
Heya SIB,why is Chup looking so sad? a pet's mean to do great things for you!

Zoonie's pet's blue too.

I'm trying to find out how many colours there are? so far, black, buff, blue and pink, for sure.

How are you and Mrs SIB doing? We had a severe hoar frost this morning and IMOM's train was delayed.

Hey Zoonie:)
I need to fix that. poor Chup is always stuck with a frown since I chose that mouth in the shops when I made him...poor Chup..didn't even stand a chance to look happy when I made him. Laughing

Mrs. SIB and I are doing great! She has her test tomorrow so has been real bust studying this weekend again:)
Our weather has been pretty up and down latetly but we have had a gale/storm almost every weekend!
Nothing worse than delays! I guess it has been pretty cold there where you are Sad

It's freezing (and then some) just going to eat a home made Cottage Pie with a cheesy mash topping -real comfort food!

Sending Mrs SIB the very best of British! (luck, obv) let us know how it goes,

and yes, put a smile on Chup's face as soon as the weather picks up! lol.

Off to eat, see you x

I am playing with stuff to see how it looks .......

What do you think ?? This is not intended to obligate you to use it, I just need a purpose when I make things or they turn out looking stupid ....errr stupider ... Laughing

Hi chup !! I agree with Gill ..... You need a smile on your face ....

Zoonie wrote:
It's freezing (and then some) just going to eat a home made Cottage Pie with a cheesy mash topping -real comfort food!

Sending Mrs SIB the very best of British! (luck, obv) let us know how it goes,

and yes, put a smile on Chup's face as soon as the weather picks up! lol.

Off to eat, see you x

Oh dear! I hope you warm up! Yumm..the pie sounds really comforting!
I will pass on the best wishes to the Mrs. I can't wait till she is done. She has been studying lots!
I'll see which mouth works on Chup:)
See ya soon Smile Nice chatting as always!

ok, ..... This was a drive by ...... need to finish the housework before OH gets home ...

ttfn .......

Hello anyone about??????

Ive missed you all loads Sad