Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firehawk

Rewarding weekend

Got shed loads done to the bike this weekend. Way more than expected. Where do I start. lol

Spare tail panels sprayed, fitted and polished. Nice 'Monster' green decals fitted.

Solenoid and switch fitted to seat lock powered by ignition. The lock and bracket was removed by the P/O. Don't worry, I've thought about flat batteries and fitted the charger socket externally.

Battery box infills made from mesh and fitted (bloody hard work)

8X6 plate fitted.

Engine side casings sprayed satin black. Were polished but very badly.

Bellypan fitting made and bellypan drilled and sprayed.

Rear footpeg hangers resprayed.

Chips in tank and frame filled, flatted and polished so now spotless.

Clean front sprocket area. Kind of fucked it up and managed to pop the piston out of the slave cylinder. Gave me the opportunity toclean and rebuild it though.

Made some brackets to secure the bottom of my powerbronze rad cover.

Fitted double 12v power socket under seat.

Green LED's fitted to clocks.

Oil and filter changed.

Fitted fender extenda.

Then went for a ride. Managed to spill petrol over the tank when I filled up so need to respray the cap again. Also though she felt skittish. Checked the tyre pressures at the garage and the rear was on 9 psi. She now handles but better after being inflated.

All I have left to do is to get the grab handles, rack and spare swingarm powdercoated. Fit the swingarm along with my SRAD shock. Spray the rocker cover satin black and do tappets and carb balance. Change the plugs. Fit spare sidestand. Fit paddock stand bobbins. Fit bellypan. Fit my infills from Herb when they arrive.

How she is now -

just wondering whether or not to fit some SV clip-ons and sell the renthals. I don't like the thought of all the modding the yoke would take to fill the holes left behind. I was more comfortable wrist wise on my sv though.

@firehawk wrote:
Got shed loads done to the bike this weekend. Way more than expected. Where do I start. lol

Spare tail panels sprayed, fitted and polished. Nice 'Monster' green decals fitted.

Solenoid and switch fitted to seat lock powered by ignition. The lock and bracket was removed by the P/O. Don't worry, I've thought about flat batteries and fitted the charger socket externally.

Battery box infills made from mesh and fitted (bloody hard work)this aint the bandit forum jeff

8X6 plate fitted with some free advertising for this site. www.BanditForum.co.uk used as the slogan. Lol

Engine side casings sprayed satin black. Were polished but very badly.

Bellypan fitting made and bellypan drilled and sprayed.

Rear footpeg hangers resprayed.

Chips in tank and frame filled, flatted and polished so now spotless.

Clean front sprocket area. Kind of fucked it up and managed to pop the piston out of the slave cylinder. Gave me the opportunity toclean and rebuild it though.

Made some brackets to secure the bottom of my powerbronze rad cover.

Fitted double 12v power socket under seat.

Green LED's fitted to clocks.

Oil and filter changed.

Fitted fender extenda.

Then went for a ride. Managed to spill petrol over the tank when I filled up so need to respray the cap again. Also though she felt skittish. Checked the tyre pressures at the garage and the rear was on 9 psi. She now handles but better after being inflated.

All I have left to do is to get the grab handles, rack and spare swingarm powdercoated. Fit the swingarm along with my SRAD shock. Spray the rocker cover satin black and do tappets and carb balance. Change the plugs. Fit spare sidestand. Fit paddock stand bobbins. Fit bellypan. Fit my infills from Herb when they arrive.

How she is now -

this aint the bandit forum jeff but bikes looking sweet

@firehawk wrote:
this aint the bandit forum jeff but bikes looking sweet

Very Happy

Just realised what you meant by it now. That'll teach me for directly copying and pasting. lol. Cheers

Lookin gud m8, wouldn't personally go the clip on route, you could try flats, they look gud thumbs

Lookin gud m8, wouldn't personally go the clip on route, you could try flats, they look gud thumbs

agree

cheers fellas. I'm slowly getting used to the renthals. Rode home from work yesterday with no probs. Was a bloody good ride too. She was dropping in to corners very nicely indeed Smile . Just need to de-adjust the front shocks because they feel rock solid. It's strange how I was more comfy with clip-ons though.