Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all of you in the USA, here's wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving. Hope you eat a piece of pumpkin pie for me.

Tiddly Winks wrote:

To all of you in the USA, here's wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving. Hope you eat a piece of pumpkin pie for me.

Happy Thanksgiving...everyone... SmileSmile

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you celebrating today. Have a fantastic day with family and friends xxx

Happy Thanksgiving to all xxxx

We dont celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK, but my daughters school are hosting a Turkeys for Africa day today. They each have to make a trukey hat, and then take in a pound. A pound can pay for 2 turkeys to be given to a family in Africa, as well as showing them how to take care of them as use them to provide food/ money for their families

These are my girls turkey hats

Guest Guest

a big thank you from america here. congratulations

happy thanksgiving to everyone else from renny and me.

@Lea: i agree with tiddly. cutest turkeys ever.

Happy Thanksgiving to all members who celebrate, hope you will have a nice time with family and friends
A-ma-zing hats ! Lea & beau-ti-ful girls
congratulations

thanks everyone....poor Jadine was not happy when she came home last night from school. There was a competition for the best turkey hat, and the person who won it didnt even make theirs, they just went out and bought a fancy dress hat Sad... I have to admit it really wasnt fair to all the kids who took the time to make their own hat (especially as the letter stated that they should be homemade hats!)

lea75 wrote:
thanks everyone....poor Jadine was not happy when she came home last night from school. There was a competition for the best turkey hat, and the person who won it didnt even make theirs, they just went out and bought a fancy dress hat Sad... I have to admit it really wasnt fair to all the kids who took the time to make their own hat (especially as the letter stated that they should be homemade hats!)

That was not fair..
They should stick to their words that it should be homemade..

I had something like that happen some years ago. There was a contest with the bearmaking club and after working my tail off on my entry, the one that won cheated. It really took the fun out of making the bear. We were supposed to use an old pattern from the early 20th century. That is, we had to design the legs of the bear.

So, I went to a friend of mine who helped me select the mohair based on how the bears looked back when and she helped me with the dimensions on it. What basically happened was the bears were supposed to be exactly as the pattern depicted except for the missing legs.

The woman who won had totally reshaped her bear's head, and then put flowers all over the bear, making it look about as close to dressed as possible without it actually being dressed. The day the judging happened, we had been in a car accident, so we got there rather late, but managed to vote on it. The other people in our group were really upset about this, so we have, over the course of the year been discussing quitting.

At any rate, since then, I have not even bothered to get into anymore of their contests. Sad that that sort of stuff also happens with kids.

It totally takes all the motivation out of trying to do something creative. I think the handmade stuff is a thousand times better than all that store bought stuff, but that's just me.