Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The FEBRUARY Chat - part 3

It did go well thanks.

The owner of the salon did my hair, she was very chatty and bubbly and really quite sweet.

I've had it cut to my shoulders, and kicking out, slightly shaped around the face and my fringe cut back in (yaaay)*
I like it.

*that would be bangs if Kijo's reading...
I never understood that term at all!

You're making me want to go back to the salon!
But I just went, to have my fringe/bangs cut (it was too long to go skiing, I could hardly see)

Bwahahaha! Guess what, Kijo, episode 1 of season 3 is on, and they all have way too much hairgrowth!

debora10.jpg

Well, something like that is what I had in mind, and it's quite like that, but with a soft full fringe.

I need to have a few blonde highlights put in next time, that would be nice for the warmer weather.

It's bitter here today, an icy wind and has snowed most of the day too - luckily it was ok driving as it has only settled a little.

bobs generally dont have bangs.... and are usually much shorter.

i dont care for "fringe" myself.

Ashamed I have not had a hair cut for over a year

I don't like going to a new place where I don't know how they are going to cut my hair. Last time I had my hair cut was one of the students salon on Oxford Street (Vidal Sassoon) and I had layers put in my long hair.
I was there for over 3 hours as the students have to be checked by tutors all the time but it was done very nicely and only cost me £4.50 so I can't really complain.

I was going to go there last December but they were fully booked till end of January when I tried to book when I had fridays off.

Everytime I read or think 'bangs' it makes me think of the explosion that's supposed to have created the world Laughing My hair grows so quickly, it could be the bang that stops the world congratulations
That's why I don't worry about going anywhere new, or having a lot cut off it, another month and it'll need cutting again.
My fringe'll need snipping by the end of next week at the latest.

ED's partner had been cutting it, but he's been a bit scissor shy. He used to do it for nothing when he was training. He still will, even at the salon - but it's not fair to ask him as that means he loses a client fee.

Anyway they were very nice at this place, it's about 20 mins or so drive away. The only problem was parking restrictions.

yeah parking can be pain in backside. Luckily here in London you can get almost everywhere by public transport which saves you parking headache ( and I don't drive in Uk anyway)

I wouldn't drive anywhere in London - but here it's an essential really, although of course the train is handy for longer journeys.

Just waiting for IMOM to arrive home now, hope it's on time. I can usually tell as I start to hear cars leaving the station car park.

Just giving some thought to a Valentine Comp, I have a spot the different ready but I've had some big donations this week, some especially for prizes

hihi jumping on from work.. so bored today. Hope I can go home when boss gets in

Zoonie wrote:
Just waiting for IMOM to arrive home now, hope it's on time. I can usually tell as I start to hear cars leaving the station car park.

Just giving some thought to a Valentine Comp, I have a spot the different ready but I've had some big donations this week, some especially for prizes

Oooh Gill I was going to try to run a contest - shall we pool ideas. I have some Valentine questions and am searching the trade threads for some extra good prizes !!!!!!!!

Wish Fairy wrote:
Hi ....anyone here this time ?

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Frannie wrote:
hihi jumping on from work.. so bored today. Hope I can go home when boss gets in

hello frannie

less than hour for me before I can leave (have not done much work today).

if you look at the end of part 2 chat I have described my last night room viewing

Frannie wrote:

Hey Frannie - still on weather warning over your way ?

Bee wrote:
Wish Fairy wrote:
Hi ....anyone here this time ?

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hello Bee How was the viewing last night ? I hope it was awesome !!

Toulouse wrote:
BRB, going to get my contacts out

Hi and Bye BG

I think the worat of the weather has been here and gone, now the cleanup, cold enough though that tonight it will freeze again if folk don't clean well

IMOM arrived congratulations and the C&G bus rolled up.

Hi Frannie, Hi K, and Hello Wish.

We can pool ideas Wish, will PM your Facebook if I may?

Wish Fairy wrote:
OMG Bee - I Just read back ............. Sad
It sounds dreadful

what's goin' on?

Zoonie wrote:
IMOM arrived congratulations and the C&G bus rolled up.

Hi Frannie, Hi K, and Hello Wish.

We can pool ideas Wish, will PM your Facebook if I may?

of course, please do. I am just trading for nice prizes right now Smile

Wish Fairy wrote:

of course, please do. I am just trading for nice prizes right now Smile

Don't go too mad, there are some nice prizes in waiting Smile

Darn customers Frannie!

K, last couple of posts of the thread before this one, about Bee's flat hunting...

Ok this is 5th time my FF crashed on my today - I take it as a sigh that I shouldn't be here when I'm suppose to be working and will sing off to get ready to leave work in 30 minutes.

Thank you all for keeping me company and I will try to pop in later after my SW class tonight (hoping for loss this week - had 0.5 pounds gain last week)

lots of and to everyone

Bee wrote:
Ok this is 5th time my FF crashed on my today - I take it as a sigh that I shouldn't be here when I'm suppose to be working and will sing off to get ready to leave work in 30 minutes.

Thank you all for keeping me company and I will try to pop in later after my SW class tonight (hoping for loss this week - had 0.5 pounds gain last week)

lots of and to everyone

Good Luck @ SW

Toulouse wrote:
See you later Bee and good luck!!!

WB BG....Hiya K-B
Smile

Just getting IMOM's news - we've been invited out a week on Sunday Smile

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following articles must not be brought within xxx xxxxxx: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items,laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to xxx xxxxxx.

• Any article that might be used as a weapon be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police

• Unlicensed musical instruments:

- trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance

• Flag poles greater than 1m in length

• Flares

• Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks

• Frisbees and similar items

• Dangerous or hazardous items

• Illegal substances

• Explosives or ammunition; fireworks

• Knives, blades or other weapons

• Firearms

• Scooters, skateboards or other skates

• Laser devices

• Smoke canisters

• Signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding

• Unauthorised fliers

• Spray paint, large industrial style “permanent“ marker pens

• Prams / push chairs

• Transmitting devices

• Professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)

• Large suitcases, lap tops, and back packs

(trip hazards)

• Illegal merchandise items

• Water bottles (need to have the ability to decant)

• Illegal charity collection utensils

• Motor bike helmets

• Umbrellas

• Darts

• Hampers and Cold Boxes

• Air horns

• Alcohol

• Animals (except service dogs & guide dogs)

any idea where we're going?

Wish Fairy wrote:
I want to say "The Palace"...........but am hoping it's the rugby Laughing

Laughing

I wont be needing a hat!

It's a game I'll give you that, but not rugby...

Aww.,......the Palace fit so perfectly for me congratulations and I was really hoping someone I knew would get to go to the rugby this year!

BG - you googled it ?? That must be your OCD kicking in Laughing

Yeah, I actually entered a little piece of text Zoonie put here Ashamed and I found something, but it wouldn't be fair for me to say it since first I googled it and second I am not quite familiar with it (heard about it though)

Sorry guys congratulations

You're just not trying...

it's the Carling Cup final at Wembley.

As you obviously knew OH's team are playing Man U!

His Boss has a box, and invited OH and guest (I guess he thought he'd give him a choice) but he says it's worked out well as his factory manager is also a Villa fan, and he's taking his wife.

It'll be the first time I meet OH's new crowd Smile

Toulouse wrote:
Yeah, I actually entered a little piece of text Zoonie put here Ashamed and I found something, but it wouldn't be fair for me to say it since first I googled it and second I am not quite familiar with it (heard about it though)

Sorry guys congratulations

8)
Zoonie wrote:
You're just not trying...

it's the Carling Cup final at Wembley.

As you obviously knew OH's team are playing Man U!

His Boss has a box, and invited OH and guest (I guess he thought he'd give him a choice) but he says it's worked out well as his factory manager is also a Villa fan, and he's taking his wife.

It'll be the first time I meet OH's new crowd Smile

Apart from the last 2 sentences it made no sense at all to me ...it's football is it? Laughing
Well, great you get to meet everyone nad I guess since YOU like the footie its cool.
congratulations
Chupacabra wrote:
Good afternoon C&G family:)

Chup is hunkering down preparing for yet another big winter storm to blow through.
Hope my electricity stays:)
How is everyone?

Hi Chup - good to see you
........let's all hunker down together here. It's blinking cold in UK >

Wish Fairy wrote:

Hi Chup - good to see you
........let's all hunker down together here. It's blinking cold in UK <<shivers>>

Hi WIsh!!
Sounds like a great plan.
All my prep is done. Went out to secure my boat...that was not fun! Got soaked and blown around...secured my apt furniture and my in-laws outdoor furniture...I am all ready to chill now:) 8) Ohh...do I hear the blender going ? Margaritas!!

Wish Fairy wrote:
LOL Chup....(Frozen) Margarita coming right up congratulations

I have wine for the ladies ????

He he! Thanks! Wine works lovely too! Wahoo.
Gonna be blowing bad till Friday!

Zoonie wrote:
PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following articles must not be brought within xxx xxxxxx: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items,laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to xxx xxxxxx.

• Any article that might be used as a weapon be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police

• Unlicensed musical instruments:

- trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance

• Flag poles greater than 1m in length

• Flares

• Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks

• Frisbees and similar items

• Dangerous or hazardous items

• Illegal substances

• Explosives or ammunition; fireworks

• Knives, blades or other weapons

• Firearms

• Scooters, skateboards or other skates

• Laser devices

• Smoke canisters

• Signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding

• Unauthorised fliers

• Spray paint, large industrial style “permanent“ marker pens

• Prams / push chairs

• Transmitting devices

• Professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)

• Large suitcases, lap tops, and back packs

(trip hazards)

• Illegal merchandise items

• Water bottles (need to have the ability to decant)

• Illegal charity collection utensils

• Motor bike helmets

• Umbrellas

• Darts

• Hampers and Cold Boxes

• Air horns

• Alcohol

• Animals (except service dogs & guide dogs)

any idea where we're going?

white house or in jail....