Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toulouse

♪ The FEBRUARY chat - part 6 ♪

hello Tiph

I'm guessing you got new laptop/PC?

finally!

how have you been?

Ok the hunger's caught up with me, so I nipped back to spend my lunch break with you guys.

Hiya Bee, how was the weekend? We were at Borough on Saturday and it was absolutely heaving with people!

Hello Zoonie - I spent most of saturay at home - boiler problems so we had an engineer there then he left and we had to call him back as we had water leaking from the ceiling (just a drips but still). All sorted now.

Did you go to Covent Garden? Next time you in the area - you must go to Ben's Cookies - they are to die for and always long cue for it.

It was pouring down whole weekend and it's still rainy today Sad

Bee wrote:
hello Tiph

I'm guessing you got new laptop/PC?

finally!

how have you been?

Yeah finally! I'm loving it but its taking SOOOOOOO long.... I have to get everything off my old laptop using only an 8 gig card... and it takes my old computer 30 minutes to do 5 gigs onto the card, and the new one only 5 minutes to take it off... but I can't burn CDs on my old one anymore so I have to move all my photos/mp3s etc bit by bit. But its worth it.... How have you been?
Kinda the new bit for me is ... I'm unofficially single which is a big change... but an expected and nice one I think....

Zoonie wrote:
Ok the hunger's caught up with me, so I nipped back to spend my lunch break with you guys.

Hiya Bee, how was the weekend? We were at Borough on Saturday and it was absolutely heaving with people!

How is lunch? Thanks so much for all the registry stuff! Snuffles cannot wait to redecorate!

We had lovely weather all day on Saturday, a bright and sunny day, if just a tad chilly, but we wrapped up so it was no problem.
We stayed around Borough I'm afraid as we had a very long lunch with 2 bottles of wine (there were 4 of us mind) then we shopped and then we went back to the same place and had two coffees each while we chatted and caught up with each others' news (these are the friends we spent NYE with) Then they had to go and reclaim their car before it ran into the excess of £15 an hour!

Yesterday though it rained and was vile all day, much the same as today.

I just booked a romantic night away for me and the IMOM next month Smile

No problem Tiph. I can send you some of the Aussie stuff tomorrow, I just thought it would all be overwhelming in one go - beynd that I have to look back and see what you missed? or you can leave me a note.

Is it prying too much to say 'unofficially single?' that sounds a bit drastic, hope you're ok.

[quote="TiphphinneYeah finally! I'm loving it but its taking SOOOOOOO long.... I have to get everything off my old laptop using only an 8 gig card... and it takes my old computer 30 minutes to do 5 gigs onto the card, and the new one only 5 minutes to take it off... but I can't burn CDs on my old one anymore so I have to move all my photos/mp3s etc bit by bit. But its worth it.... How have you been?
Kinda the new bit for me is ... I'm unofficially single which is a big change... but an expected and nice one I think....
[/quote]

I might be moving out in 3 weeks - I have seen a room that I like that will be available mid March. I was going to see another one but eventually got reply to my second e-mail saying someone else is very interested and it that person won't take it that she will get in touch with me.

The girl that's dealing with the first room is currently away but shoudl be back by end of this week so I will get in touch with her and see if I can get the ball rolling.

We are already spliting up what's in a flat (well stuff that was purchased with our money).

If you want to talk Tiph - you know how to find me. In a way I'm really sorry to hear that you are single but at the same time I'm releaved that you know where exactly you stand so you can make plans for future.

Zoonie wrote:
We had lovely weather all day on Saturday, a bright and sunny day, if just a tad chilly, but we wrapped up so it was no problem.
We stayed around Borough I'm afraid as we had a very long lunch with 2 bottles of wine (there were 4 of us mind) then we shopped and then we went back to the same place and had two coffees each while we chatted and caught up with each others' news (these are the friends we spent NYE with) Then they had to go and reclaim their car before it ran into the excess of £15 an hour!

Sounds like a nice way to spend Saturday and I hope all goes well for your romantic night away with IMOM.

I just find out that I might (fingers crossed) avoid 4 days whith Mr B's mother - she is planning to come down for Easter weeknd and even Mr B's not looking forward to it.

Zoonie wrote:

OHHHH!!! Do tell ! I want details haha:)

Zoonie wrote:
No problem Tiph. I can send you some of the Aussie stuff tomorrow, I just thought it would all be overwhelming in one go - beynd that I have to look back and see what you missed? or you can leave me a note.

Is it prying too much to say 'unofficially single?' that sounds a bit drastic, hope you're ok.

Nope not prying. My husband and I have split. We are still living in the same house .... but thats it more like room mates... its been BAD for a while but we both decided with all our history and the kids to keep going as we were ... or to attempt to get one of us to move away. So it'll be interesting ... but I'm single for the first time in 11 years (married for 10 years in July)... I think it takes a lot of pressure off of things - and as friends we don't nag each other or fight as much. since we made the move things have been a lot better.

Bee, every cloud has a silver lining my friend (re Mr B's mother) congratulations

Just got a call from IMOM they're cancelling all the trains on his route again (flooding this time)
Seriously, he paid £3,500 for his season ticket and every day is a blooming lottery as to whether he'll get anywhere - if it's not one thing, it's another!

We're having a Friday out and then overnight at The Snooty Fox at Tetbury, on their Foxy Friday special offer Smile

Have booked one of the four poster rooms

that's one, not sure about the other one, anyway I asked for the quieter one.

We've been there before when I was pregnant with YD rofl, so a long time ago - but it was lovely in that shabby chic, quintessentially English country style and the food was very good, so am hoping for a similar visit.
As we recall the bar was really cosy with a big log fire going, and I read that now they have a massive Great Dane in residence, bless.

Tiph, sorry it's over then, but if you can be friends and still share the raising of the boys, it's much better to get on well and go forward that way - good luck to you.

[quote="Tiphphinne]
Nope not prying. My husband and I have split. We are still living in the same house .... but thats it more like room mates... its been BAD for a while but we both decided with all our history and the kids to keep going as we were ... or to attempt to get one of us to move away. So it'll be interesting ... but I'm single for the first time in 11 years (married for 10 years in July)... I think it takes a lot of pressure off of things - and as friends we don't nag each other or fight as much. since we made the move things have been a lot better.[/quote]

I know exactly what are you talking about - me and Mr B have much better relationship now that we had few months ago.

It's still sad when something like that happens after such a long time (for us it was 9 years and 3 months)

I feel weird now - the IMOM and I have been together without a break for 34 years and I'd still marry him again knowing what I know now.

He's just rang to say he's got on a train but they might terminate it somewhere or another, so I have to go and get ready in case I have to play chauffeur, back later.

Zoonie - it's not weird - you are just unbelieavably lucky.

So many women would give anything for what you have

I will have to sign off now too - must finishe few things here before end of the day.

I hope IMOM will get home safely and not too late.

byeeee from me :hug;

If I start playing the piano (badly), singing and crying into my beer...will someone arrive ?? congratulations

armellproctor wrote:
Wish , Wish, is that really you???

It's me Armell Laughing Really...I'm here I was just at the other forum...I was waiting for you to arrive actually, since OH is not here so no fixed time for dinner tonight

How's it going. The Olympics have had us so excited ....

it's going great hun, i am a bundle of nrves watching the Olympics lol i can't sit still with all the cheering at the TV thank God i am alone most of the time so no one sees me lol how are you doing ??

armellproctor wrote:
it's going great hun, i am a bundle of nrves watching the Olympics lol i can't sit still with all the cheering at the TV thank God i am alone most of the time so no one sees me lol how are you doing ??

Not too bad thanks. Busy weekend working and doing stuff on the house - it goes so quickly !

Olympic coverage is not so great here actually (unless you want to stay up til 2am each morning )

Weather is really damp and miserable, but we're off to Prague this weekend for OH's birthday so that will be lovely

Ooohh exciting.

Armell - you don't have the cupid bear plushie ? The TWS one ? or the MB one ?

Wish Fairy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:

Not too bad thanks. Busy weekend working and doing stuff on the house - it goes so quickly !

Olympic coverage is not so great here actually (unless you want to stay up til 2am each morning )

Weather is really damp and miserable, but we're off to Prague this weekend for OH's birthday so that will be lovely

it has been bright and sunny here , hard to think that it is winter , you are so lucky to be going away, we have to wait until the end of May before we go to the cabin , as for the Oylimpics lol it is usually us staying up all hours of the night watching lol it has bee quiet enjoyable for me this time lol

Wish Fairy wrote:
Ooohh exciting.

Armell - you don't have the cupid bear plushie ? The TWS one ? or the MB one ?

it was the red one, i have the pink one brb i am going to check again , Rus just won the game with an empty netter 4-2 they are in 1st place okay brb

Okay...I though I had sent one to you. I have 1 spare, am sending now.

(flicking the TV on too in case there is any coverage)

Wish Fairy wrote:
Okay...I though I had sent one to you. I have 1 spare, am sending now.

(flicking the TV on too in case there is any coverage)

ah thanks hun xoxo

My favourite is the red bear (the valentine TWS from this year - not the cupid one) - so cute!

Wish Fairy wrote:
My favourite is the red bear (the valentine TWS from this year - not the cupid one) - so cute!

yes i like that one too!!!

what do you think of our mountains?? are they not beautiful? i see them everyday they look so pretty with the snow on them

i think my favorite is the valentines bunny , i am going to make one , bought the ribbon yesterday, i will try and make one that looks as cute, we are out f first place now

armellproctor wrote:
what do you think of our mountains?? are they not beautiful? i see them everyday they look so pretty with the snow on them

armellproctor wrote:
i think my favorite is the valentines bunny , i am going to make one , bought the ribbon yesterday, i will try and make one that looks as cute, we are out f first place now

Armell, I think it looks absolutely beautiful..the mountains...everything 8)

There is no coverage on right now (which is weird cos nothing else good is on either Mad _)

You're so creative making all those lovely things. I am completely rubbish at making stuff Laughing

LOL. I have no idea what that could be. I'm gonna check at Bee's house. Need to reload PS - brb

Wish Fairy wrote:
Ha...Like the "ugly" sock monkey ? He's a cutey !
Do you sell them or keep em or what ?

i usually just give hem away lol but i have said that i am going to keep each one now and if anyone wants one i will make it for them , my hubbie is going to make me some doll stands so that i can display them in my sewing room

armellproctor wrote:
it's gone now , i really can't remember who had it so now i am sure it was a banned one lol it had to be

AshamedAshamedLaughing

Wish Fairy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
it's gone now , i really can't remember who had it so now i am sure it was a banned one lol it had to be

AshamedAshamedLaughing

i will find that dam thing if it kills me lol i know i saw it lol

armellproctor wrote:
oh no my siggy picture is gone ?????

The end bracket of the "IMG" looks like it's missing Sad

i read something about an ugly sock monkey doll in RL??/

my grandma made me one when I was young... wish I sill had that.... she made an elephant in the same style too, it was real neat.

have either of you seen different colour tigers around? I am trying to gather pictures of them. so far I have ornage, white, black, and blue.

Wish Fairy wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
oh no my siggy picture is gone ?????

The end bracket of the "IMG" looks like it's missing Sad

rubbish i wonder what it was lol