Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toulouse

March Chat Part 7

Bee! meant to tell you.. I thought of you last night!
There was a travel/cooking show on TV.. they were in Prague and showed the traditional Christmas (Eve?) dinner of the fried carp and potato salad. I recall you talking about that!

sneeks in to say Hi ....

I miss being here but am so caught up with work right now it would be noticed if I'm slacking...

Big hugs to everyone xx

Frannie wrote:
Bee! meant to tell you.. I thought of you last night!
There was a travel/cooking show on TV.. they were in Prague and showed the traditional Christmas (Eve?) dinner of the fried carp and potato salad. I recall you talking about that!

really? Strange time to be making shows about Christmas meals from around the world - Easter food would be more appropriate - we do have some traditional food and baking for Easter too!

That remind me I should look up the recipe for Easter stuffing and maybe make it this weekend.

I'm picking up socks and banana peels in Petville...

DawnyDawn wrote:
sneeks in to say Hi ....

I miss being here but am so caught up with work right now it would be noticed if I'm slacking...

Big hugs to everyone xx

Hi and bye Dawn

Toulouse wrote:
i'm back for a bit

Welcome back!

Bee wrote:

That remind me I should look up the recipe for Easter stuffing and maybe make it this weekend.

Oh, do share the recipe. congratulations

and off again, gonna head to town to do some shopping and try to get some work done after

see you later

hello BG

sorry I'm working at the same time Sad

Did you have nice time shoping? I hope the weather is better at your end than here - it's been raining on and off all day

Sorry, was on the phone with my sister
I just noticed there's a "Ladies @ the movies" night next week, and they're showing "Remember Me", we both want to see it and those events are the best, last time I went was with "Sex & the city" and I won a DVD and a gadget!
So I needed to call her to arrange everything : )

I didn't go long actually, just went to a book store, for a book I saw a couple of weeks ago I could use and that was it

Also very bad weather over here!!

ahhhh stretches... good second mornng!

Just read back... it wasn't a show about Christmas foods.. was a show about Prague.. and they just happened to have that dish on the menu all the time

I have not seen Remeber me yet as it won't be in cinemas here in Uk for few more days (2 April I think) but I might have to wait a bit before I go and see it (due to moving my finances are really tight right now).

What book did you get? Anything good? I have not read decent book for ages (since Twilight saga).

Franniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
good second morning - hope you had nice rest.
OIC - I'm with you on the program now - I was wondering if it was maybe some re-run but now I know. That's not the first time you watched something on telly about Czech Republic - we must be very popular then Smile

Frannie wrote:
well I watch a lot of travel shows.. I love seeing it all.. but hubby's health has prohibited us from as much travel as I would like.

This particular show was:

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Anthony_Bourdain/Episodes_Travel_Guides/Episode_Prague?fbid=mog7WBB6dwS

i love watching travel shows - seeing different places. I also love watching cooking shows when they go to different countries and learn to cook local food.
So sorry that you can't travel as you would like - I know just how it feels (even though mine is for different reason). Travelling is one of my dreams...

hey there KB - such a long time no see.
How are you? Busy?

i'm doing well! day off at work!
I actually can't join the forum at work, connection is too slow

so only have few left hours Laughing

how are you hun?

I'm up and down. Life is busy - work, moving etc.
I'm counting days till weekend - we have 4 days off (friday to monday) for easter so I will be unpacking from my recent moving (and I'm also plannig to sleep a lot).

I don't come here much now as well - depends how busy work is.
What browser are you using? I'm now using google chrome and I found out that it works better for me on this forum than firefox did.

only 1 day off in france...
i use to come frannie but i always find myslef alone on the forum! Wrong timing i guess

do you know about fb credits girls? On the cash coins section they say you can pay with them but what is it?

no days off here in the US.. separation of church and state..

no idea what FB credits are

church and state are separate in france too but we keep some days off from our history!

But as US don't really have an old past rofl...you have to work

k-barré wrote:
only 1 day off in france...
i use to come frannie but i always find myslef alone on the forum! Wrong timing i guess

I think in Czech you only have Monday as bank holiday but here in UK you have Good Friday and Easter Monday as bank holiday - well I'm not complaining as I don't have to work then now (I used to when I was working in pub trade)

oo change of plans.. brrrr stil too cold on the deck so we're in my garage smoking room... better than not at all I suppose. I forget the sun has not risen high enough this time of year... still too far south

Frannie wrote:
oo change of plans.. brrrr stil too cold on the deck so we're in my garage smoking room... better than not at all I suppose. I forget the sun has not risen high enough this time of year... still too far south

well you know Frannie - there is one solution to that - quit the death sticks (sorry can't help it - never been smoker)

i hear what you're saying Bee... but it aint gonna happen anytime soon. last time I quit (for 6 years) I gained 50 pounds and never lost it when I went back to smoking

yeah but it's not the cigarettes (or lack of it) that makes you gain pounds - you are substituting it with food (keeping you hands busy I would imagine) but if you don't want to quit that it ain't gonna happen.

After all it's your health but people who care for you (I'm sure)would prefer you not smoking so you can be around for longer

i hate this forum.............i really do Mad

it's f**** not working!
Anti french solution or what! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

can't see any answers or take ages! really boring

k-barré wrote:
i hate this forum.............i really do Mad

it's f**** not working!
Anti french solution or what! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

can't see any answers or take ages! really boring

have you tried different browser? what are you using right now? Internet Explorer (IE) of firefox (FF)?

took me a long time to get used to it here... actually made me sick for first week with refreshing etc... or i was just sick anyway

i tried with I explorer and firefox but it's not working! really boring....i can't even enjoy the time on here

try google chrome - I'm using the portable version but I'm sure full version will work same way - I find it it's faster than firefox. What you got to lose?

Frannie wrote:
Hi Gill1 Which kitchen item is broken today? LOL

You might joke Frannie - have I told you about the kitchen extractor fan being attacked by a mouse?
(I kid you not!!!)

Hiya Bee, how's your day?

nope didn't hear about the mouse... just yesterday was the cassrole disaster..

You might enjoy knowing that yet another one of my floors got mopped due to coffee disasters

Zoonie wrote:

You might joke Frannie - have I told you about the kitchen extractor fan being attacked by a mouse?
(I kid you not!!!)

Hiya Bee, how's your day?

really? fan attacked by a mouse? do tell

I'm doing OK - work is soon finishing and only 2 more days till long weekend. Just shame about the weather.

I was acutually thinking about you this lunch time (well more Mr Zoonie) as Mr B send me an e-mail with details if train strike starting on 6 April and I was thinkging how is he going to get to work? It says trains are going to be running only between 7am and 7pm and all lines have only 2 trains an hour

Frannie wrote:
Just posted a hideeni sighting!

Thanks, was a duplicate though Sad

I've just posted one too if anyone needs him.

for zoonie:

The revised timetable will be in operation between 07:00 and 19:00 with no service running outside of these times.

Currently the provisional services we will be able to offer are as follows:

Charing Cross Service
Ashford International – Charing Cross – two trains per hour - calling at all stations to Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, then fast to London Bridge.

Tunbridge Wells - Charing Cross – two trains per hour - calling at all stations to Sevenoaks, Orpington, then fast to London Bridge. (10 Carriages)

Sevenoaks – Charing Cross – two trains per hour - calling at all stations to Hither Green, then fast to London Bridge.

Gillingham – Charing Cross – two trains per hour - calling at all stations to Slade Green, then Abbey Wood, Woolwich Arsenal, Charlton, Greenwich, then fast to London Bridge.

Frannie wrote:
nope didn't hear about the mouse... just yesterday was the cassrole disaster..

You might enjoy knowing that yet another one of my floors got mopped due to coffee disasters

Is that your housework schedule Frannie? slosh and mop?

Thanks for the info Bee, I'll have to double check as we're a couple of stops further than T Wells and there's only usually one train an hour stops here on his way home!

Will tell about the mouse situation.

it's more than slosh.. Sunday was no filter in the coffee maker.. entire pot on the floor grounds and all.... today was a whole cup dumped in the utility room... another entire mop job.... only two more tiled floors and I will have to rent a steam cleaner LOL