Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toulouse

March Chat Part 7

what a shame.. two cats in her house and neither is a mouser?

We noticed some white deposits on the worktop - crumbled plastic I think.

I got up the big steps above the kitchen wall cabinets, and saw the pipe work for the extractor was loose, not actually fitting into the hole in the outside wall.
It must be a mouse who's come in through the vent and chewed a hole in the housing that joins the ducting to the fitting in the wall - so now that all needs replacing - meanwhile the hole's all bunged up with crumpled shiny paper as a temporary measure (best I could do)

gosh - he must be timing his return home right - one train in an hour? now is not good time to be waiting at the train station - even though you can go and sit down somewhere in London Bridge or Charring Cross (during the day - not in the middle of the night)

Zoonie wrote:
We noticed some white deposits on the worktop - crumbled plastic I think.

I got up the big steps above the kitchen wall cabinets, and saw the pipe work for the extractor was loose, not actually fitting into the hole in the outside wall.
It must be a mouse who's come in through the vent and chewed a hole in the housing that joins the ducting to the fitting in the wall - so now that all needs replacing - meanwhile the hole's all bunged up with crumpled shiny paper as a temporary measure (best I could do)

it never seems to stop for you zoonie - at least you life if faaaaaaaaaaar from boring

Frannie wrote:
what a shame.. two cats in her house and neither is a mouser?

LOL.
Dennis has caught mice in the past - outside though. Socks probably would, he's lean and very swift.
This one must've come in at night when Socks isn't in the kitchen, and Dennis is probably well in the land of nod.

I've checked all the cupboards and worktops (counter tops) no evidence it's been down at a lower level (thank goodness)

That is some SERIOUS coffee wastage (and work) going on there Frannie.

Bee wrote:
gosh - he must be timing his return home right - one train in an hour? now is not good time to be waiting at the train station - even though you can go and sit down somewhere in London Bridge or Charring Cross (during the day - not in the middle of the night)

Defintely not overnight!

Yes, during peak morning time he can get two trains an hour up to London, but only one an hour home, or a half hour round trip for me to collect him from the next station along the line (which really wouldn't be worth while would it!)

@ Bee - it's only this year, it seems to be one thing after another !

@Bee

IMOM's train comes from Hastings, it looks as though it wont be running at all
before or after Tunbridge Wells, so he wont be getting any service at all ...
I wonder if he can get any refund at all on his season ticket?

I really hoping and wishing that it's over and you can have some piece and quiet and relax for a bit

Zoonie wrote:
@Bee

IMOM's train comes from Hastings, it looks as though it wont be running at all
before or after Tunbridge Wells, so he wont be getting any service at all ...
I wonder if he can get any refund at all on his season ticket?

not sure to be honest. Get him to ask at the train station - they SHOULD know

OMG I am so sorry!!!
Sister's BF dropped by for the computer and we started talking until now!

Bee wrote:
I have not seen Remeber me yet as it won't be in cinemas here in Uk for few more days (2 April I think) but I might have to wait a bit before I go and see it (due to moving my finances are really tight right now).

What book did you get? Anything good? I have not read decent book for ages (since Twilight saga).

The movie comes out next week, so they're making a special event out of it, where only women can go to and it's very fun as we get a goodie bag

It's not really a reading book like the Twilight series, it's more a travel guide (all about California lol)

Bee wrote:
not sure to be honest. Get him to ask at the train station - they SHOULD know

Looking at the map on the south eastern site, the answer's no, they're putting on a replacement bus service to and from T Wells - which would probably at an hour or so to his journey...and, T Wells is normally a massive scrum to board anyway, so can you imagine?!!?

Oh and on top of that, when they do put replacement buses on between us and TW, they never coordinate the times to work with the times of the trains (bet that shocks you eh? )

I have news of Socks as well btw!

I'm so very sorry, I was on the phone with my sister, then dropped by in the thread and all of a sudden her BF was here and we started talking about a lot actually (my head hurts LOL)

not really zoonie but do tell the news about Socks

Ok home time for meeeeeeeeeeee
but I will read back to know the news about Socks
enjoy rest of your day and take care

Hi BG.

Some people want to adopt Socks, they've been home-checked and declared suitable, and have a nice home and garden in a rural area about 10 miles away from here.

The lady from the rehoming charity is coming to collect him on Thursday afternoon, and then we'll see if it works out (if it doesn't he's coming back here)

Byeeee Bee.

I have to go wake up Robin..

by the way.. she passed phase one of the test with flying colors.... now on to sit for phase 2 sometime next month!

Z, that's good news! I hope it turns out well
Although I recon you are going to miss the little rascal Smile

going to grab something for my headache and eat something small

be back later

Well done to Robyn, Frannie Smile

We'll definitely miss the scamp, wont ever forget him, bless him.

Zoonie wrote:
Hey Wish, are you feeling better my love?

Hey Gill - yes, I am 100% better thanks !

I just read back and saw that Socks is getting adopted - that's cool, but we're going to miss hearing about him LOL

Hey Frannie - Mark still doing ok ?

BG - are you completely better now ?

Hi Sharon.. didn't know you were not feeling well, but hope all is better now

Wish Fairy wrote:

I just read back and saw that Socks is getting adopted - that's cool, but we're going to miss hearing about him LOL

I'm really going to miss him, but, you know us - there's never a shortage of stories lol.

Glad you're better

Mark's gone back to work I gather? he's obviously made a strong stuff!

truthfully, for a man as sick as he is, he's got the most amazing will, Yes back to work and have talked to him twice... doing well

of course, this latest is counted among the easier ones for him.. no chest cracking and the leads were good and didn;t need to be replaced

Thanks Frannie - I felt just awful over the weekend, but it's completely gone now.

I've had a very productive day to day - end of year accounts done, invoicing done, all laundry washed and ironed (and put away) ....dogs walked (got SOAKED LOL)

Did y'all have a good day so far ?

have had a good day but going crazy looking for the chocolate biscuit table... does Wish Fairy.. the baker turned hotel operator happen to have one?

Frannie wrote:
have had a good day but going crazy looking for the chocolate biscuit table... does Wish Fairy.. the baker turned hotel operator happen to have one?

Ohhh you know Frannie -it's the one thing I just don't have I'm sorry.

I saw Bogie trading for one earlier ...any reason in particular there is such a run on Chocolate biscuit tables.

I have just the shelves :-(

well yeah... it's probably one of the items in the hunt

Boogs asked me if I had one, but I don't.

I've been behind again all day because I slept late after being up at 3am rescuing Socks from whatever cafuffle was going on outside.

i'm about ready for another nap... only slept 2 hours last night and then an hour on morning nap

Hi Wish, thanks for asking
I think my cold is finally coming to an end, just having a major headache now (just took something)

OMG a new hunt

Bye Frannie

BG - that's good news that your cold has almost gone. This time of year they have such a habit of hanging around!!

(I say "this time of year" but it's been more like winter here the past few days!)

Frannie your here just sent you a note its in my 13th room

oh not sleeping yet Wish!

Hi Boogie.. thanks for letting me know about the table!

Wish, BG, Me loon how are you all today? Sweet dreams Frannie
(hope I did not miss anyone)

WB Frannie!

Hiya Boogs, how are you?

Wish, it's been very odd today... This morning I went out without a coat because it was really warm, then in the late morning it started raining... And now the sun is shining again.. We're expecting hail, snow and rain... I hope for Dawn's OH weather's going to be better this weekend since he's having that bike trip over here. You got all soaked, are you warm again?

Sharon.. this week is easier than last. Mean ol kijo.. errr I meant sweet kijo, usually makes the week after the 5 day hunt an easier one

Frannie wrote:
oh not sleeping yet Wish!

Hi Boogie.. thanks for letting me know about the table!

Ive also sent you something in ps

Frannie wrote:
tadaaaaa .. made it out here without spilling a drop!

Well done!

bogie wrote:
Hi all

Just on the phone to YD

bogie wrote:
Wish, BG, Me loon how are you all today? Sweet dreams Frannie
(hope I did not miss anyone)

Great thanks - you ? I hope today was better for you ?

Toulouse wrote:
WB Frannie!

Hiya Boogs, how are you?

Wish, it's been very odd today... This morning I went out without a coat because it was really warm, then in the late morning it started raining... And now the sun is shining again.. We're expecting hail, snow and rain... I hope for Dawn's OH weather's going to be better this weekend since he's having that bike trip over here. You got all soaked, are you warm again?

I'm all showered and dry now thanks...in reality if I wasn't used to getting a soaking my poor old dogs would never get walked - it's rained every day for a week here !! Apparently there will be snow in Uk tonight too LOL

Frannie wrote:
Sharon.. this week is easier than last. Mean ol kijo.. errr I meant sweet kijo, usually makes the week after the 5 day hunt an easier one

Gonna check it out then ...maybe (my eyesight is still scarred from the triathlon one )

No wish Smile not today, I think they are all comming around now, was just a shock to them!!! but it should never be a shock I produce the accounts on a regular basis and tell them what needs to be done to secure their jobs! OMG and I do it all and put up with the grief for free!

How's your day been Wish?

Me loon is it news about her BF's job?