Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

April Chitter Chatter - Part 1

Bee wrote:
armellproctor wrote:
it's almost 2 am here and i am having a diet coke lol breakfast is a long ways off for me lol

so nice of you to come and see us at such early morning hour - it's 10am here but bank holiday so no work (yay) - at least not paid one Sad

can's sleep again hun?

been having trouble the last few nights,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovril

there you go Frannie.

English muffins and crumpets (or pikelets as they're sometimes known) are different

Muffin

Crumpet/Pikelet

Spread on the toast Bee - although it used to be great as a hot drink at the footie match when it was really cold weather.

It is very salty though.

5 am here.. but lots to do today, no morning nap for me

IMOM is tormenting me going on about Socks.

He was kept overnight at the charity place - in a pen I guess...IMOM wasn't happy about that, but as I said, they need to check him over and observe him before introducing him to his new people (who are meeting him today)

IMOM says, hah - he'll soon be the boss of them!

Frannie wrote:
5 am here.. but lots to do today, no morning nap for me

i have lots to do tomorrow and then i am off to a surprise party for some friends they have been married 50 years ,

is that the outside of the crumpet Gill? when you open the english muffin.. with a fork, never a knife, that's how they look.

okay i am going to get something to eat you have both made me really hungry lol so much for my diet lol

me_in_10.jpg

just for a laught

@zoonie - before I even read your post - I had a banana and strawberry shape youghurt - lasting satisfaction Laughing

thank you Army

I just realsised that Bee's been dressing for freaky friday since wednseday. Does anyone else still doing nekkid wednesday and freaky friday?

armellproctor wrote:

i have lots to do tomorrow and then i am off to a surprise party for some friends they have been married 50 years ,

How lovely Smile

Frannie wrote:
is that the outside of the crumpet Gill? when you open the english muffin.. with a fork, never a knife, that's how they look.

the crumpet outside yes, and then it has those kind of 'cells' all the way through, the English muffin has a totally different texture and a plain surface when you cut through it, like bread.

I just read one American guide to breads where it says English people toast crumpets at tea time, and serve with clotted cream and jam, lol, I never heard of such a thing at all.

I'm not even sure I like crumpets all that much, but R does - I find them a bit chewy - quite a different texture from anything else.

Bee wrote:

just for a laught

@zoonie - before I even read your post - I had a banana and strawberry shape youghurt - lasting satisfaction Laughing

aaaw Bee, not funny - really sweet.
Great minds think alike on the brekkie front!

Bon appetit Army congratulations

Bee, I think you'll agree that Zoonie is indeed rather freaky today

Army - keep meaning to ask you about the throne you donated this week - where does it come from? I can't seem to find out.

Zoonie wrote:

I just read one American guide to breads where it says English people toast crumpets at tea time, and serve with clotted cream and jam, lol, I never heard of such a thing at all.

I'm not even sure I like crumpets all that much, but R does - I find them a bit chewy - quite a different texture from anything else.

aaaw Bee, not funny - really sweet.
Great minds think alike on the brekkie front!

I think they are talking about scones(and got it all mixed up) - you would have them with clotted cream and jam for tea.

I was refering to the pic I posted (well it's not really funny pic but its very old - me at tender age of 5.5)

[quote="Zoonie"]Bon appetit Army congratulations

Army - keep meaning to ask you about the throne you donated this week - where does it come from? I can't seem to find out.[/quote

it comes from the new type of MB that they have now along with two different crowns and a Moody cat

ahh but see... if you split the English muffin with a fork.. all those cells are thee... the better to catch the butter.

Zoonie wrote:

indeed!

I'm so out of touch with the game - you got some (to me) new baloons and floating butterfly?? Is that a petling?

I've just seen new MB items listed - looks like we'll be doing laundry next week

night night army

I just posted egg if anyone still collecting.

@frannie - I have my mum's eyes (or my nan's - they both had same beautiful blue eyes)

Bee wrote:

I think they are talking about scones(and got it all mixed up) - you would have them with clotted cream and jam for tea.

I was refering to the pic I posted (well it's not really funny pic but its very old - me at tender age of 5.5)

Yes, I imagine they were.

My first comment is about the picture, I just didn't post it again so soon after you showed it Smile
You said, for a laugh and I said it's not funny, it's sweet.

armellproctor wrote:

it comes from the new type of MB that they have now along with two different crowns and a Moody cat

Aaah I see, all I ever got from those is a pie in the face!
oh and was gifted the cat I think?

Frannie wrote:
ahh but see... if you split the English muffin with a fork.. all those cells are thee... the better to catch the butter.

It's s totally different texture altogether Frannie, the crumpet is kind of waxy is the best I can describe it - unlike any other kind of bread product.

Bee wrote:

I'm so out of touch with the game - you got some (to me) new baloons and floating butterfly?? Is that a petling?

I've just seen new MB items listed - looks like we'll be doing laundry next week

The balloons are Easter balloons, still in store.
The butterfly is from the cocoon in the cash shop, it was a gift for Easter Smile

Night Army, sweet dreams x

moody cat??? I have seen someone posting a pic of a pie in a face and I thought it's repeated April Fool's day thing.

Nope not seen Kijo.

Bee, the new boxes are like trick or treat - you either get the pie in the face like me, or you get one of the gifts that Army mentioned.

eeeek... someone sent me a Mysterious Easter Gift yesterday.. and I can't find it!

The game crashed within seconds of receiving it... and it didnt even occur to me to look for it right after I got back in

It'll be there somewhere Frannie.

Oh and did you find that missing egg you were hunting for? I did give a clue.

Thanks Bee for Hideeni, still searching for another blue clover one and a mosaic one too.

yes I saw the hint.. still missing march 31... that reminds me.. have to send you the jpg...

sorry was on the phone with Mr B listening about how much his mother is driving him mad - he says the longer she stays he's more and more convinced that the's adopted.

Frannie, you should stop chatting about it and go look for it instead

(((KIJO)))

Hah Bee, I reckon I was definitely adopted (live in hope)

I saw Frannie was looking for me??

Gill I sent you the Scavenger Hunt entries for the Triathalon whenever you get a moment.

Has anyone heard from Tanya?? : /
Didi she say she was leaving somewhere or something? I havent seen her in a couple of days. : C
and now its the weekend.

oh.. while I'm begging for hints..... look who pops up! Good morning kijo!

hello Kijo
how are you today hun?

Gill...what time do we have to have in the list of spotted eggs?

Laughing alright Frannie, what do you want??

Morning Bee, I am okay... a bit bushed... sad I do not have today off..... but oh well.

HOPEFULLY a week from Tuesday I will be able to get my car. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE pray for me and keep giving me positive thoughts over this next week!!!

I'm looking for a hint for # 8.. the goldish squiggly line....

everyone else seems stumped as well... maybe just a store would do? or one of your very cryptic hints

inu-kijo wrote:

Gill I sent you the Scavenger Hunt entries for the Triathalon whenever you get a moment.

Has anyone heard from Tanya?? : /
Didi she say she was leaving somewhere or something? I havent seen her in a couple of days. : C
and now its the weekend.

Haven't seen Tanya here at all this week, sorry.
Will try and look a little later, I have to go and attack the kitchen (you know those times when you feel like sweeping your arm across the whole table to clear it!)

Frannie wrote:
Gill...what time do we have to have in the list of spotted eggs?

Oh any time, not quite sure what chance I'll get with it being holiday weekend, you know me, not a clock watcher Smile

inu-kijo wrote:

HOPEFULLY a week from Tuesday I will be able to get my car. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE pray for me and keep giving me positive thoughts over this next week!!!

Always do honey, every day.

Frannie... its a Holiday item.

love the squiggly line description. ; D

oh btw Gill, I had to run out so quickly yesterday, I wanted to know I was only picking at you with the whole piercing conversation!

be right back

Let me know if the arm sweep works... all I have left is the very right third of my kitchen counter... need to get it done so I can bake my lamb cake

Awww thanks Gill, that is so sweet!!!
Its gonna be really close..... will be paying my Rent really late... and still will not have paid power or cable or anything else.... I just hope I can make it through this month.... sad thing is, I know when i go to get my car the gas tank is empty......
But if I can get through this month, I can start to catch back up with everything..... and will be much better off having a way to get around!!!!

's ok Kijo, I did reply. It's each to their own.
If we didn't have our own opinions we'd all be clones, so where would be the fun in that?

For me, personally, I find the whole piercing and tattooing thing quite sinister looking, and as I don't keep my hair, makeup and clothes the same year in and year out, find it a bit strange how people go for such permanent decoration, I like change...which is no bad thing when I look back at some of our old pictures and cringe congratulations

hahahaha. well for me I think its different.... and its better than tattoos because i can always take it out.

I always get an ad reline rush every time I get one... that is the best thing of it.
(had one that ran through the back side of my neck... it was great.)

I dont think the ones i have are gaudy, overboard, or look bad one me... but still , no excuse for ANYONE to tell me off and call me Ugly!!! : C