Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HisLightbeam

PRAISE HIM, THE KING OF KINGS!!!

Recently, and continually, we have been reading about them in the newspapers, hearing about them on the radio, and on television we are bombarded with images, sensationalism, speculation, sadness, and human attempts to keep their memories alive and going. Who are they? They are kings and queens that God raised up to be the best at what they do in different areas of life. The king of comedy, the king of pop, the king of infomercials, the queen of - can I say I've forgotten? They came, were raised, discovered their talents and gifts, and blazed like glorious stars on the backdrop called time. Then, like those same stars, they were extinguished one by one, as is the natural destiny of every human. They went home. I sat back and observed. I shook my head continually, saddened for each family's successive loss. But God amazes me, because I know that He has given gifts to men, through Christ, through His excellence. And so, while, I mourned those losses of tremendous giftedness and talent, men and women who really did change the world for the better, I am exceedingly glad for the gift Giver. The one who really does work His perfect will into our lives, the one who lifts us up to be Kings and priests in our own right. The one who breathed life into us from the beginning and who will resurrect us at the end of time. And while things may look shaky and uncertain because of the myriad of events that continue to bombard us on the natural level, the real reality is that God is the King who is still seated high up on His throne. He has honor and glory and power and the kingdom of everything and everywhere. He is One who cannot die, burn out, leave our presence. He is always present. Always, eternally the King of Kings. Everyone else is just an emissary. As long as He is there on His throne, and He is eternally on His throne, my little world is secure, no matter what tries to shake my stability.

Isaiah 6 (New International Version)

Isaiah 6

Isaiah's Commission

1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory."
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

I am excited about the new things God is doing for His people. How great a God we serve! Hallelujah, my triumphant Lord!

Wow! I did a study on this a few years ago. I have moved so much since then and I seemed to have misplaced it but I want to add as much as I can remember to the scripture you referenced!

Uzziah was a good king but he tried to take over (operate) duties that did not belong to him and it caused many of his people to turn away from God. We all know that God was not going to allow that to keep happening. What Isaiah saw in this vision was God commissioning him to be His messenger to His people. These people thought they were going to be blessed by God but they were actually going to be destroyed because of their disobedience.

Isaiah was called to tell them how sinful they were so they could recognize how Holy God is. In the presence of God, there is Holiness. We have to understand that Holiness is perfect, pure and set apart from all sin. When we step into the presence of God (Holiness), we will see just how imperfect we are. Those seraphim recognized how holy God is. How bright holiness is. That's why they had to cover their faces and cover their feet.

I will stop here because I don't want to really start guestimating on this. Prayerfully, I can locate my study. Thank you Hislightbeam for posting this!

Ladies,
I'm just soooo excited about what God is doing in the lives of His people!!

My heart is so overjoyed...

God is moving and all I can say is..."Lord, what ever it is you're doing in this season - Don't do it without me!" Have yall heard that song?

"Don't Do It Without Me" by Bishop Neil C. Ellis - It's on the Wave of Glory c.d.