Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennyfurlynn

SNL Promos!

I'm watching SNL right now, and they just showed before commercial, "Next week on SNL, Ben Affleck with musical guest David Cook" !!!!
I may have squealed a little.

AHHHH!! Yahoo!WooHoo!!

Umm, no picture or anything yet. LOL. Just the words on the screen and voiceover. But I'm going to keep watching this channel, because sometimes the musical acts show up with the host in the commercials.

I'm freaking out thinking of next week!!!
Dancin Smiley

Guest Guest

It was great-both Ben Affleck and David Cook names in big bold white letters!! Awww Love

saw it too Very Happy
it was so cool...I knew it was coming, but I was still wicked excited

Umm, no picture or anything yet. LOL. Just the words on the screen and voiceover. But I'm going to keep watching this channel, because sometimes the musical acts show up with the host in the commercials.

I'm freaking out thinking of next week!!!
Dancin Smiley

Me too, I reallycan't wait for it, I'm so anxious. bouncebounce

They just showed the picture of Coldplay before they performed. I can't wait to see the one of David and the band! cheers I seriously may have heart palpitations next Saturday night, lol. WTF is wrong with me?!

They just showed the picture of Coldplay before they performed. I can't wait to see the one of David and the band! cheers I seriously may have heart palpitations next Saturday night, lol. WTF is wrong with me?!

Nothing is wrong, I'm right there with you. LOL Face

^I know! I thought of the pictures when we first found out about SNL
They always do cool pics, so I'm super excited for the one (or possibly 2?) new pics of david!!!
I don't think the rest of the band will be in them though since he's technically a solo artist

Guest dawtreecookie
I'm watching SNL right now, and they just showed before commercial, "Next week on SNL, Ben Affleck with musical guest David Cook" !!!!
I may have squealed a little.

AHHHH!! Yahoo!WooHoo!!

I SAW THAT!!!

AND I SQUEALED TOO!!! WooHoo!!

"NOV 1
BEN AFFLECK
DAVID COOK"

I saw! Unfortunately, my first thought wasn't, "Oh my god, David on SNL next week!!!!"

It was, "Why the hell is Ben Affleck hosting? He doesn't have anything going on right now..."

I'm still trying to figure out what his second song will be. It just can't be TOML.

Oh Mocha, don't hate on Ben. Wink I thought he did a good job last time he hosted. You do have a point, though. He doesn't have anything coming out until next February. But I don't even care who hosts. I just care that David is on there!

As for the second song, am I terrible that I'd rather it not be TOML? I just doubt he'd sing something else from the album...but who knows?

Oh Mocha, don't hate on Ben. Wink I thought he did a good job last time he hosted. You do have a point, though. He doesn't have anything coming out until next February. But I don't even care who hosts. I just care that David is on there!

As for the second song, am I terrible that I'd rather it not be TOML? I just doubt he'd sing something else from the album...but who knows?

No, you're not terrible. It just can't be TOML. Hopefully, Bar-ba-sol or something. He needs an uptempo song.

I love that they just said "David Cook" and not American Idol. He's already beyond the show.

no, you're not terrible Jenny, I'm hoping that the other song is something besides TOML also. I mean...of course I'll always love Magic Rainbow but this is a time to move forward and promote the album. anyways, artists on SNL usually sing their current song and then maybe the song that's gonna be the next single.
like for instance, tonight coldplay sang Viva La Vida 1st, and now they're singing a song called Lost, which is the next single
so it would make sense for David to sing a new song Very Happy

Guest dawtreecookie

Ben has that movie He's Just Not That Into You. Though I don't know why anyone would want to promote that....

I hope he doesn't sing TOML either. No hate for the magic Magic Rainbow . I would just die to see something new.

Guest Guest
Coldplay is on for the third time tonight!!!! OMG-maybe next week.................????

OMG Coldplay is now playing Yellow! For one, I adore this song. Also, that makes THREE songs they've played! AHH! One can only hope. Wink

ETA: Shook, we're on the same wavelength tonight! LOL

^i know?!? i was so confused when they came on again....and they're singing an old song, which is odd...maybe because amy poehler isn't there so they had to cut a skit?
(I don't want to get my hopes up for a 3rd song from David just because it's happening this week, only to find him doing the normal 2!!!)

Guest Guest
OMG Coldplay is now playing Yellow! For one, I adore this song. Also, that makes THREE songs they've played! AHH! One can only hope. Wink

ETA: Shook, we're on the same wavelength tonight! LOL

ROFLOL I know!
I am at the computer and have the TV on behind me and when they said Coldplay it was like what???

Three Coldplay songs...maybe three David songs...? Are we really that fortunate?

Light On + TOML +.....? The anticipation will KILL me.

uhhhhh they started playing some more before it ended?!? madness!!

Guest dawtreecookie

3??? That would be so so so awesome! Do the guests usually sing 3 times or is it just because it's Coldplay?

I love Yellow, it's one of my favourite songs! Smile Before Coldplay got a little but douchey and big-headed. Yellow is just a really simple, sweet song. Awww Love
I like the recorded version better than that this live one they just did though.

Guest Guest
Now Coldplay got to play the show out-only briefly but...........!!! Is it November yet?

Three Coldplay songs...maybe three David songs...? Are we really that fortunate?

Light On + TOML +.....? The anticipation will KILL me.

OMG what will it be? It has to be a new song, I don't think it is time to be doing more covers.

Guest Guest
I'll pee myself if we get in... just sayin.

They definately have to let you in!! :lol!:

Not literally... but yeah, me and Stacy will more than likely be bouncing and flailing, while Chel and Jen remain calm... it's a way of life with us... and we're dumb asses.

Not literally... but yeah, me and Stacy will more than likely be bouncing and flailing, while Chel and Jen remain calm... it's a way of life with us... and we're dumb asses.

Yeah that's pretty much how we roll.

Dedicated Dumb Asses FTW! cheers

I didn't see it cuz I fell asleep way early last night, but 2 of my friends IMed me to let me know. I didn't want to be like, duh. I've known for weeks. LOL Face

Coldplay got 3 songs? I've never heard of any musical guest getting that many songs, but I would pretty much be dead if that were to happen with David.

Guest Guest
My husband said that if a band is really popular they get three songs...he said when the Rolling Stones were on, they got three songs too.

I saw! Unfortunately, my first thought wasn't, "Oh my god, David on SNL next week!!!!"

It was, "Why the hell is Ben Affleck hosting? He doesn't have anything going on right now..."

I'm still trying to figure out what his second song will be. It just can't be TOML.

Both Ben and David will be on the show on a (most likely) record breaking audience night. I honestly think most people don't care who's hosting or performing. They are watching for the election spoofs. But both of the guys will benefit from all the exposure. They timing of all this SNL popularity couldn't be more perfect for our Davey's debut. Mega Rock

Well, David is pretty popular. I think he's worthy of 3 songs. We are ALL Innocent

You can ask my girls -- we were having a sleepover in my bedroom since my husband is out of town -- and I went CrAzY!!

Kind of embarrassing....

But squeeeeeed and jumped up and down on the bed...

I'm SO EXCITED for next week....

Woo Hoo!!

WooHoo!!

omg - when do David and the guys arrive here in NY for rehearsals and stuff? I wonder if he'll just stay here for a month or whatever for all the stuff he has going on here. Ah, that would be so awesome!
bounce

Stacy, I read on Andy's Facebook (I think) that he was in NY for the week...I can only assume that means all the guys are there?

Yup. That's the way it'll go down!

Ok, what channel does SNL come on and what time for the east coast?? I CAN'T MISS THIS!