Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jul

David on Carrie Underwood special Dec. 7 ["Lie" mp3 on page 30]

Sorry Jul for hijacking your post but I wanted to tell y'all that I've posted a link to the "Lie" mp3 in page 30 and you can also find it HERE Very Happy

Made

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8335

Quote :
"Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special" (working title) is set to premiere on Monday, December 7 at 8:00/7:00c with a rebroadcast also set for Tuesday, December 22 at 8:00/7:00c. The two-hour event will feature appearances by Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley and David Cook with additional performers to be announced.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=8335

EXCLUSIVE: FOX SCHEDULES UNDERWOOD SPECIAL, FALL FINALES
By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)
LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX has locked down its December plans, which include a new special from "American Idol" alum Carrie Underwood as well as the fall finales of "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Glee."
"Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special" (working title) is set to premiere on Monday, December 7 at 8:00/7:00c with a rebroadcast also set for Tuesday, December 22 at 8:00/7:00c. The two-hour event will feature appearances by Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley and David Cook with additional performers to be announced.
Meanwhile, "Glee" will wrap its initial 13-episode run on Wednesday, December 9 at 9:00/8:00c. As previously announced, newcomer "Human Target" will assume the show's Wednesday, 9:00/8:00c slot in January. "Glee" then will return for the back half of its freshman season in the spring.
And finally, "So You Think You Can Dance" will conclude its first fall edition with a two-part season finale on Tuesday, December 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET) and Wednesday, December 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET). The former installment will lead into "Gordon Ramsay Cookalong Live!" at 9:00/8:00c, as specified back in August (read the story).

I was going to merge them but didn't know which was first because they have the same time stamp! I'll merge yours into this one, then, Smile

Remember how great he was at the Rockefeller Christmas tree-lighting last year, and how cute he looked in that red scarf?

I'm not sure if I'm excited for this or not, lol. I wish it was a David Cook Christmas Special, lol! Not a huge fan of Carrie personally, so I'm not thrilled I have to sit through numerous performances from her (I'm sure), and some others... I am glad he'll be doing a Christmas song though. That is Sorry to be so negative, but...that's what I think. lol.

No duets, please...(I'm sure there will be...)

I loved when he did the Rockafeller Center thing last year. His cover of Happy Christmas is amazing. I love it so much. It's just so weird that we're discussing Christmas already. Where has the year gone?!

@breann wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm excited for this or not, lol. I wish it was a David Cook Christmas Special, lol! Not a huge fan of Carrie personally, so I'm not thrilled I have to sit through numerous performances from her (I'm sure), and some others... I am glad he'll be doing a Christmas song though. That is Sorry to be so negative, but...that's what I think. lol.

No duets, please...(I'm sure there will be...)

LOL, I'm with you on not being a fan of Carrie and not looking forward to enduring her. But hey, we get to hear David sing. Even if he does have to do a duet with her and she hogs the spotlight that should be on him. Laughing

Yay! I loved when he sang Happy Christmas last year at the tree lighting thing.

I'm only watching this for David or Kelly Clarkson if she randomly appears, LOL. Not a fan of Carrie at all...

I agree, Happy Xmas at Rockefeller was awesome, just David and Neal acoustic. Plus, that's like my favorite holiday song ever. Very Happy

I'm not a Carrie fan at all, but I love Brad Paisley and of course David, so it won't be too hard to watch, lol.

Kitunen on DCO said that this is being taped on 10/22 and 10/23. Maybe David will tweet about it during his break.

As far as being early for Christmas, I couldn't believe how much Christmas stuff I saw out at stores last weekend. It's not even Halloween yet!

@DCOOK91 wrote:
I'm only watching this for David or Kelly Clarkson if she randomly appears, LOL. Not a fan of Carrie at all...

Haha I agree completely. Either way I'm happy to hear David sing another Christmas song.

I like Carrie's songs but not a fan of her... I hope kelly clarkson is on there! Can't wait to see david on tv again Smile .... i hope there isn't another duet unless it's a duet with kelly clarkson

Kitunen on DCO said that this is being taped on 10/22 and 10/23. Maybe David will tweet about it during his break.

As far as being early for Christmas, I couldn't believe how much Christmas stuff I saw out at stores last weekend. It's not even Halloween yet!

I couldn't believe it either... until I walked out of school today and there was like an inch and a half of snow on the ground. Seriously, it looked like December.

But anyways... I'm not a huge Carrie fan either, as many of you said. But that's alright. I'll endure her. *le sigh*

I would die happy if Kelly and David did a duet. But of course, he's doing something with Carrie again...

Guest Guest

I always love to see David appear in any show Very Happy And ITA, David and Neal acoustic at the Rockefeller was awesome Awww Love

YAY CHRISTMAS! i'm ridiculously excited for this. christmas music is amazing Smile
he already covered happy xmas, my favorite christmas song, so i can't wait to see what he does this year.

Well, I for one, am just happy to know David will be on TV again!! I could care less that it has to do with Carrie though.

I like Carrie. What's not to like? I'm not a fan of modern country music, really. But she has a powerful voice, is lovely to look at, seems pleasant, and acts like a lady.

But anyways:
Totally psyched that we will see David on a holiday show this season!

cheers

I'm not a fan of Carrie's music either, but David seems to be really good friends with her so I'm happy for him. I'm sure David will have his own special some time in the future. I just can't wait to see him on tv again!

I'm so excited!! I love Carrie. Awww Love Can't wait to hear another duet from them.

Well, I for one am excited.. David.. Carrie.. Christmas music.. hopefully a duet!!! Can't wait! WooHoo!!

@DCOOK91 wrote:
I would die happy if Kelly and David did a duet. But of course, he's doing something with Carrie again...

is he really?

Maybe we will get a Cookwood Xmas single. That would be pretty cool. I also wonder if there are more things lined up for David for the holidays.

Quote :

that's next week! So when does it air?

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
@DCOOK91 wrote:

is he really?

He's doing...this, LOL. That's what I meant. He's going to be on the special.

fangrrl wrote:
Maybe we will get a Cookwood Xmas single. That would be pretty cool. I also wonder if there are more things lined up for David for the holidays.

a single would be awesome, love those two. I just can't wait to see it lol

This is exciting. Can't wait to hear him sing Christmas music. I could care less if he does a duet with Carrie or not. I'd rather hear him alone, but I like Carrie and I love her voice and it would work well together. And this will be some good publicity for him! Can't wait to see him on t.v.

I like any reason to see him on TV. Great However (and nothing against Carrie), I wouldn't want a Christmas duet single. Just...no.

Well, at least there's something to look forward to right after the tour ends. Saddest But I will know, "Man, this was taped in October."

I would love to see David and Kelly Clarkson do a duet of Baby it's cold outside. lol. That would be adorable. Not a Carrie fan. i don't hate her, but she is too I don't know, Barbie Dollish for me. She is sweet though and she seems like a genuine person. No wonder David likes her. Just not a big fan. maybe because she beat Bo, and I really wanted Bo to win. lol Also, not a country fan. But kelly and David duet would be cool.

@vsteph1 wrote:
I would love to see David and Kelly Clarkson do a duet of Baby it's cold outside. lol. That would be adorable. Not a Carrie fan. i don't hate her, but she is too I don't know, Barbie Dollish for me. She is sweet though and she seems like a genuine person. No wonder David likes her. Just not a big fan. maybe because she beat Bo, and I really wanted Bo to win. lol Also, not a country fan. But kelly and David duet would be cool.

Pushes imaginary "like" button.

@vsteph1 wrote:

like this one? Terry\'s fav word

Someone said there might be sketches on the show. It would be so awesome to see David acting in a Xmas sketch.

@vsteph1 wrote:

like this one?

Sure. Close enough.

@vsteph1 wrote:

I have waited for a duet with Kelly since David won Idol, LOL.

There are definitely sketches on the show..and FWIW Brad Paisley already pre-taped his part at the Grand Ole Opry and he recorded a solo, and also his vocals and shots for a duet with Carrie so there's a possibility David will have both.

Whether you like Carrie or not she's a huge star with lots of influence. I think it's a very good thing for David to have her as a friend. I'd bet anything she had a huge hand in selecting exactly who she wanted on this special and IMO it shows a great deal how much she respects him. He's not really at the point in his career where he would have his own special anyway and this will be good publicity for him.