Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Thread for Introducing Yourself and Meeting New Friends

Okay, so we already have a chit-chat thread. Two actually, since the first one filled up. But today someone said something to me that really made me think about that thread and our forum; made me realize that maybe that thread is more of a place for people who already know each other to chat. That maybe there could be a thread specifically for introductions. We have some stuff in the Word Nerd Community folder, but with actual NEWS starting to trickle in about David's new album and single, I figure everyone will have their eyes glued to the David Discussion and more people have been appearing here every day.

Anyway, maybe it's awkward to step in the middle of an ongoing conversation in the chit-chat thread with a "Hi, I'm _____" post. So if you'd like your fellow Word Nerds to get to know you a bit, c'mon in here and post a little something about yourself! And if you've been here forever like I have, lol, well, newbies have no clue who you are either so you should post here as well! Smile

So... hi. Hi!
What's your name? Where do you live? What do you do? What's your favorite David Cook song? What other musicians do you like? What is one thing about you that is unusual? What's the most embarrassing David Cook-related thing you've done? What are your hobbies or interests (other than the obvious - David Cook, lol)? Have you ever seen David perform live and/or met him? If so, please share the experience with us and we will with you! Do you have any weird likes or dislikes or phobias? When did you first discover the wonder that is David Cook?

Anything about yourself you'd like to share is welcome. Those are just some random questions and you don't have to answer those, just... introduce yourself and anything you'd like to share. I LOVE meeting new people whether they're new to the site or just haven't felt comfortable enough to post about themselves yet. And hey, you never know when or where David might read so maybe you're introducing yourself to him, too. Wink

Oh, and is there anything people post about here that makes you scratch ? 'Cause we are happy to welcome you into the loop and explain away!

Someone has to go first, so I'll double-post, lol.

Hi, I'm Stacy. I live in New York City. I've also lived in North Carolina, Texas, and Northern & Southern California. I'm an architect. Which I love because it lets me exercise my right brain AND my left every day. I design homes for really rich people, which is fun because, even if I have hardly any money, I get to play with lots of it, lol.

I am 40, but I like to think I don't look it, and have never married or had any kids. My username, realiTVlover, is a mashed reality TV lover. I used to watch almost all the reality TV shows but now not nearly so many. AI, SYTYCD, Big Brother, and I've started watching Celebrity Apprentice again this season (Go, Meatloaf!)

Like many of us, David had me at "Hello". Living where I do is lucky for me because there are tons of venues within 3 hours driving of me and so I have gotten to see David perform a number of times. I've met him more than once, too, and the last time I did, ... it's a funny story, too long for this post. But as embarrassing as it can be to think of, it has entertained a lot of people and I love that. Even if David hates me, lol.

My favorite DC songs are Anodyne, Let Go, Declaration, Paper Heart and... well, the list can get very long, lol.

Okay, I'll just go with that for now. Who's next? Popcorn

Guest Guest
Oh I'll start...

I'm Barb and like Stacy I've been here since the beginning. I'm a mom, teacher and professional household manager. I have two amazing children(who are really grown ups lol). I love them both even when they are driving me crazy.

I found David because I was fascinated with Michael Johns and his sexy accent. So yeah THANKS Michael, I owe you a beer. I've been hooked since All Right Now. I have seen David perform live and I've been lucky enough to meet him a few times. He really is even more stunning up close and personal. His eyes and charm just suck you right into his soul.

Aside from David my interests are reading, the beach and my family/friends. I've met some incredible women because of David. People who have become real life friends. I'm hoping to meet even more new friends at the Race for Hope this year and through our forum.

Hmmm something you might now know about me unless you've been around here a long time... I am the one who had the Word Nerd dog tags engraved and sent to David. They hold a special place in my heart. I still believe that they are one of the most meaningful things(along with the Signal and Sentiments books and our support of his charitable efforts) that we as a fandom have ever given to him.

I grew up with rock music. I have a special place in my heart for David's pre idol music, but I love Lie lol. My favorite songs are Stitches, Thought You Knew and Til I'm Blue(I know that's MWK not David but still).

Hi, I'm Daina.

I like picnics and long walks on the beach... heh.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll be back later with a real post Wink

I thought I would reintroduce myself. I use to visit the AI forums during season 7. I mostly posted in the PB thread. That was such a great time. It was a great place to spend a few minutes and enjoy the company of others that love music. It was also great to see budding new musicians and singers realize their dreams.

It is hard to believe so much time has flown by. I no longer remember my Word Nerd number or title. Sorry!

I love that David has finally announced his new single coming out the 19th of April. I am looking forward to his AI appearances and new album. If you all don't mind I thought I would occasionally pop back in here to catch up on DCTA news.

Guest Guest
sadantnan, Welcome and please stop by any time you want to catch up on the news and to discuss the music. We have some interesting conversations down in the music and lyrics folder HERE

sadantnan, I KNEW I recognized your name from somewhere. The proverbial box thread on the AI forum was some of the best conversations I've had as part of this fandom. Glad to see you de-lurk here - welcome! I looked you up in the word nerd number thread - you are word nerd #1737. Smile

Daina, but do you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain? Wink

Such a great idea Stacy! I actually went to school to become an architect, but ended up as a Computer Programming major instead. And my DH and I were Big Brother fans as well.

My name is Mandy. I live in Lancaster, PA, originally from the Philadelphia region. Needed to get away from the big city, so Amish country was apparently the way to go. Although where I live is Millersville, right off of a University campus and in a regular neighborhood, so its not very country. But right down the street is nothing but farms. I am a stay at home mom to 2 kids, Kenzie (almost 9) and Jacob (4).
I listen to all sorts of music, some of my favorites are +Live+, Pearl Jam, RadioHead, REM, Our Lady Peace, Kenny Chesney, Maroon 5, Sugarland, Daughtry. Favorite David Cook song would have to be.. Avalanche.

Something unusual about me? I have to wear something pink and something striped everyday.. But can't be pink striped, lol. I fear elevators, birds, and bridges. Hobbies would be scrapbooking and photography. I am a huge Mickey Mouse fan, I love anything Disney. I love weather.. Anything weather related I get very nerdy about. I would love to chase a tornado. I also have a strange fascination with earthquakes.

I think I first noticed David at Billie Jean, my DH was a fan before I was. I was a Jason Castro fan from the beginning... David grew on me week and week. I never watched Idol before season 7, and I struggle through each season since. I am just stuck on Season 7 being the best ever!

Oops, I feel like I just talked way too much about myself.

Hi!, Mandy. You didn't talk too much at all! I love the pink or striped but not pink striped, lol. You left me wanting to hear more about you!

Guest Guest

Hi, I'm Tricia and I am from NB, Canada. I am a single mom, my son is 10 and loves David too (taught him well, lol)

I work for Xerox in the Service and Supplies dept. I help fix the printers of major companies. When they run low on supplies, like ink, staples, paper...I send it out to them. I make sure the on-site techs are efficiently doing their job when paged to a site.

Currently my favorite DC songs are The Truth, Avalanche, BBS, Peace of Mind.....

I also love BSB (saw 2x in concert) U2 (going to see this July for my bday)
Ryan Star (saw him open for David) really I listen to everythingfrom Andrew Lloyd Webber to Ozzy

What's the most embarrassing David Cook-related thing you've done?
Well, one time I was shopping and heard LO playing....
I kinda started singing, guess it was too loud as I was getting looks

What are your hobbies or interests (other than the obvious - David Cook, lol)?
Currently I make computer graphics - mostly requests here
at The Word Nerd Home (come visit in the Digital Design By Request thread)

Have you ever seen David perform live and/or met him?
Yes, I was very fortunate to have seen David perform 2x in 2009.
Once in KC and the next night in Wichita. Travelled over 2000 miles
to see him perform.... AMAZING!!!!

Didn't get a chance the 1st night to meet him, but I did after the show on the 2nd night.

David comes out. So he says he will sign autographs but NOT do pics (only exception was a couple of little children) So he's making his way down the line and finally its my turn.....

So I tell him that I came from Canada, just to see my FIRST show of his.
Asked for a pic, but didn't work LOL

So then he decides to tease me.
He's all CA-NA-DA in some weird voice. Tells me that they may have some shows booked in Canada. I told him I was about 3 hrs from Maine and that he probably won't be close to my city, lol. THEN he procceeds to back up and says "WOAH, WOAH!! Wait a minute, wait a minute. We might have some shows in Canada and YOU came to WICHITA!!!" I was all uuummm, yea!... Here comes the suprise........
He says "I'm just kidding" and pulls ME in for a HUG!!!! ShockedThud_old

Do you have any weird likes or dislikes or phobias?
I strongly dislike mustard. Scared of heights and deep water (pools are ok, but lakes and 'open' water...NO WAY!!!) I like to see the bottom.

When did you first discover the wonder that is David Cook?
Idol..... Noticed him from the start....but he had me at "Hello"

Guest Guest
Hi everyone!

I'm Jeannie. I'm old enough that my oldest son is 6 weeks older than David is... I have two other sons, one Andy's age and one Kyle's age. I've been married to the same man for 30 years now. We'll celebrate our 31st anniversary in May. Besides our sons, we have two golden retrievers - Maddie and Pearl. They are my babies.

I am a CPA, so right now is my busy season. I'm looking forward to April 19th for two reasons - David's single release, and the first day of non-tax season, back to a normal life for me. Thank you District of Columbia for having a legal holiday fall on the 15th of April this year, extending tax season until Monday the 18th.[/sarcasm]

I had never watched Idol, except for the rare audition episode until season 7. Along came the writer's strike, I was channel surfing and happened to stop on Idol just as David sang "Hello." I was hooked, like so many others. Never looked back. Because I live in Ohio, I was lucky to have a ton of shows within driving distance of me, and I was fortunate enough to get to quite a few. I love seeing the guys sing live. Can't wait for April 29th, when I'll see them in DC.

Random facts about me - Writing is my hobby, though I wish I had more time for it. I have co-authored two different non-fiction books, and had 4 short stories published in anthologies. I have a fear of elevators too, and I hate mice. I have broken every one of my toes at least once, most several times. I once broke 4 at one time while bouncing on a hoppity-hop. (Wonder how many people remember those?) Like David, I hate mustard. Always have. I love to travel. While I've lived in Ohio all my life, if I could I'd move to the coast of Oregon, which is my favorite place I've ever been. Love the oceans on one side of me, and the mountains on the other that you get on the coast there. I love Coke - regular not diet, and hate Pepsi.

I love this thread... it's fun reading different things about people. I hope everyone whether a long time member or a new poster joins in.

Guest Guest
Mandy, You're not too far from me. I'm in NJ right outside of Philly. We'll have to plan on meeting up at a local concert or two when David starts to tour again. I also love Disney. My daughter and I actually took a girls only trip there a couple of years ago. It was fun going there without kids(my daughter is 20).

Jeannie, I had a hoppity hop, the one with the horse head and my brother had the plain one with just a handle. Oregon is beautiful, but I would choose Cape Cod as my favorite place in the States. My dream retirement would be a Summer home on the Cape and a Winter condo in NYC. I love the city, theater, shopping etc.

Guest Guest
Ooh, I forgot to say I love Disney too.

My hoppity-hop had a plain handle. I was using it in the basement and hopped into a wall, which was how I broke all my toes. Except for my pinky toe, which escaped.

Guest Guest

Loving this thread! Nice to get to know more about you, sadantnan and momtoknj! Hope many of our members share whatever they feel like about themselves Very Happy

My screen name Made is pronounced Maddie Thing is my real name is Madelon (very original of me, lol). I live in a very tini tiny land far, far away called Uruguay, way south of the South American continent, like sandwiched between Argentina and Brazil.

I love music in all it's varieties and genres and had a duo in my younger days with a friend called "Hard Rain" (you know, Bob Dylan's song). We sang folk-rock songs and performed mainly at pubs. Then the children came and working those late hours was no longer an option but we had a blast doing it while it lasted Very Happy

I have two daughters (around David's age) and have been in my second marriage for 20 years now Heart I'm a web/graphics designer and I work from home (thanks God!). Hubby is a painter, so art and creativity flow in our house!

I kind of check-marked David during his audition, and though I also liked other contestants, ever since "All Right Now" I knew David was MY IDOL. Awww Love I was never, ever disappointed in my choice; on the contrary, I've been pleasantly surprised more than once.

Well, think this is enough for now LOL flag

It is really nice to get to know more about all of you. Hopefully as the single and album progresses I will get to see more of everyone.

Nan-

Hi friends !

ABOUT ME
My name is Christiana - but the friends call me Chris. I was born and lived all my life at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I'm a civil engineer but ended working as system analyst at one of the biggest brazilian companies.
I work as a Business Inteligence Solutions Team Leader.
I'm married, have a 22 years old stepdaughter and a dog daughter - the "real" PIPER.
I'm old enough to be David's mom..but only at my documents... Very Happy ... I'm younger by heart and passionate like a teen. Wink
Besides David my hobbies are: Graphic works (I take part of some groups where we exchange siggies, etc...), Travelling (I know more than 20 different countries), go to the beach, play with my dog and watch TV Series (my favs are Dexter, Crimininal Minds (2), CSI (3), Hawaii 5.0 and White Collar)
Some of the artists that I like besides David (my forever #1) : Elton John, Coldplay (I had seen both in concert and will see again next september at Rock'n Rio), MWK (I love Andy and his voice), Lifehouse, Daughtry, Josh Groban, Simply Red, Phil Collins, U2... and so many other... I'm a music addicted ! Very Happy

I'm now involved and monetarily supporting some iniciatives related with shelters for abandoned dogs - this is a great passion that moves me now !

HOW DAVID ENTERED MY LIFE
I followed AI Season 7 by our local TV which showed the episodes with one week delay.
David got my attention since his audition but he really had me at Billie Jean.
I was not able to see his victory live - at that time I had no idea I could watch by internet streaming and didn't know about David's forums.
I knew he won the season at the internet - I stood hours searching for some news about the result and finally found a video showing Ryan announcing him as the winner and all that amazing victory moments of him. I screamed like a mad woman and had probably awaken my neighbours - it's almost 1 am here in Brazil. Melt
I joined the Word Nerd Home some weeks after - I started to search about him on internet and ran into the site and joined and got my WN# and found amazing friends.. and so on. Hug

MEETING DAVID
Despite living in Brazil, I had the chance to see David at US in 2009 during my vacations - at his show in Sacramento. AMOF I planned my vacations in order to have this chance to see him. Awww Love
I didn't really meet him but was able to see him playing catch with one of his crew members, and talk to him, tell that I'd come from Brazil to see him... etc... after the show he signed my DCTR album. No photos or hug unfortunatelly - maybe one day at the future I could be lucky enough to get one.
But I was able to meet and take photos with Andy, Neal and Kyle - and this was amazing, they are great guys and very nice ! I also met some DCfans Friends there (some of them from here) - almost 20 - and it's a blast. Group Hug1

MY FAVORITE SONGS OF DAVID
Tough question but I'll try to post here some of them that come first into my mind:
Anodyne, Lie, Silver, Straight Ahead, Avalanche, Light On (not really his song but he made it "his"), Just in Case, I did it for you (this song got me at the show I went to).

EMBARASSING MOMENT DAVID'S RELATED
About one year (or more) ago, I had as my work computer wallpaper a photo of David at Manila Show. A guy came to install a new software at my computer and when he saw David's photo at the screen, he asked me:
- It's your son ?
I needed to control myself to answer him a quick NO.. and run to the bathroom and LMAO !! ROFLOL

I'll try to come back later to talk a little bit more about me !!

Guest Guest
Awww Love this thread!

Hi! I'm Barb & chose my screen name back in the AI days when David just shook my world with his voice! I never changed it & here we are over 3 years later (& still getting shook LOL Face )

I am a RN for many years now and work in a hospital taking care of new Moms & their newborns. It is a great job which can be challenging but also rewarding during the 12 hour 7p-7a shift 3 nights a week.

I have two grown kids, my daughter who is a couple of years older than David & my son who is a couple of years younger than David. I have been married for 35 years now (of course I was very young when I got married Very Happy ).

I am a big baseball fan & love going to games whenever I can here in South Florida. I have lived in some part of Florida -since I was 4 years old except for one year in TX & one year in Ohio. Besides enjoying all the travel & friends I have made because of David & his music I enjoy doing needlework & occasional scrapbooking & of course the big one "shopping' I love to shop Heart

I look forward to getting to know everyone here a little better & sharing this great time in David's career with all of you. Group Hug1

ETA~ I have been to quite a few shows & met David-I hope everyone gets that experience one day.

Aw, I love this idea! It helps us get to know each other a little better- even those of us who have been around for three years and spent hours traveling together Wink

So... Hi! My name is Jamie. As my screenname suggests, I live in Texas; I have lived here (and within the same 30 mile radius...) all of my life with the exception of a brief stint in California. I spent a month living in Pacific Grove in September 2005 and a whopping 6 weeks enrolled at the University of California at Davis for my Master's degree that fall.... and then I called it quits. As much as I love to travel, Texas was/is/always will be home.

I am a 27 year old veterinary technician for both large and small animals with plans to become a veterinarian soon. I'm in the process of getting the last of the vet school pre-requisites before I apply this fall (for the second time....fail.). I'm praying I don't become a career student at this point....

I love Limousin cattle and Australian Cattle Dogs (aka Blue Heelers). My family raised both throughout my childhood, and I plan on getting back into them when I get a "grown up" job. My pride and joy is my 2 year old Heeler named Jozie. I have a cat too, but she's a diva and snoot. She loves me on her own time. Razz

I love to read, travel, sing really loud in my truck when nobody hears me, dance, and support Texas A&M University (WHOOP!). I love football. I tolerate baseball. I hate basketball. I love springtime in Texas and cotton-candy jellybeans. I hate feet, spiders, and stupid questions. I don't eat fruit or vegetables other than potatoes, corn, and the occassional squash.

I get seasick apparently. ( I just discovered this over spring break.... Puke )

I've seen David 18 times- only 5 of which were in my state. For one of those five shows, I had to drive more than 9 hours to get there. Damned big-ass state. I have had several encounters, some of which I wish I could forget. It's amazing how that man can make an educated woman babble like a toddler.

The first time I saw David Cook on my tv, I had no idea what his name was. I just knew that the scruffy dude in the black shirt and black jeans with the white guitar was going to/needed to win. Fast-forward 6 weeks, and I'm watching Idol Gives Back. I haven't watched a single episode of the seasson. There was a spectacular male specimen all dressed in white, standing in the middle of the line, belting the F*CK out of some Jesus song. Holy shit, I thought....that dude should win this whole thing. Life goes on, and my town finds out that one of our very own is in the Top 7 of American Idol. Our local news goes NUTS for Jason Castro. Oh hell, I figure I better watch now, I need to support a fellow Aggie (what TAMU students are called). My sister is my info source, keeping me in the Idol loop. "Yeah, Jason did good with Mariah Carey, but OHMYGOD you should hear this David Cook guy! He's the rocker and he did AMAZING tonight!" So I watch some grainy video on Rickey's blog of some guy with spikey hair absolutely KILLING "Always Be My Baby". Holy cow. That guy is awesome. Fast forward to the next week, and I'm dying to know what the rocker guy does with Andrew Lloyd Webber. I watch a second grainy video from Rickey.....and I'm in love. Done. Stick a fork in me. The rest is history. It wasn't until after Top 3 night that I even realized that the scruffy dude in black, the vision in white, and the "rocker dude" were all the same person.

I've met some fantastic ladies through this site and this fandom, and I can't wait for the chaos to start up again! Very Happy

My name is Penny, I am 34 years old and reside(born & raised in) in a small town in upstate,ny called Malone. It is a very lovely and peaceful place to live but there isn't much to do here. NYC is a little over 6 hours away, Albany is 4 1/2 and the Canadian boarder is about 30 mins away. With no transportation those places may as well be in china,lol.

I live with my girlfriend of 15 years ( I am bi & proud & hopefully I don't offend anyone, I know it's a touchy subject). My girlfriend has 3 children that consider me a step-mom, they are all grown up and now have children of their own, so I am a step-grandmother too. I have an 11 yr old German Shepard who is my fur-baby, love her to pieces.

My Dad is my hero, he is 68 years old, has a full time very physically demanding job and does tons of walking. He is such a strong man, he has battled cancer( it's in remission now thank god), he also copes with having a brain tumor, heart problems and diabetes. I don't have 1/3 of the problems he does and can't do what he does.

I unfortunately lost my Mother when I was 10 due to Lung Cancer. Growing up without a Mother was very difficult and it is still hard to deal with. Every time I see a Mother and their Daughter(no matter what age) I am reminded of how much I missed out on.

I have seven nephews, one niece, one great nephew and one great niece who bring a lot of joy into my life. I have two older sisters, one I am super close to, the other, well we don't see eye to eye. We live minutes away from apart and never see each other, she doesn't want anything to do with me Very Sad It hurts but you can't change how a person feels.

I cope with mental illness every day, I have bi-polar, panic attacks, depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I am unable to work because of these things. It is not an easy task dealing with these things, medicine and counseling do help but nothing is a cure all. It's a tiring battle, so many ups and downs and sometimes you just want to give up.

The music of two artist gives me reasons not to give up. One is, of course, our amazing David, the other is Bon Jovi. I am very grateful for these talented musicians, they give me light in my times of darkness and I believe with all my heart that I wouldn't of had the strength to fight my illness's without their inspiring lyrics.

Besides David and Jovi I also enjoy, Daughtry, Crystal Bowersox( who I get to see at my local fair in August) and a little bit of everything else. I like to scrapbook, make my own cards, read and write. My favorite tv shows are Bones, House and American Idol. I am a huge Horror movie fan. I love Tweety Bird..something about that silly little yellow bird makes me smile like a fool!

I became a David fan thanks to a friend who was a huge Idol fan. I had actually never seen the show, she kept going on and on about this David Cook guy. On the last two shows of season 7(the finale) I decided to humor her and watch. My first thoughts were that he had one of the best voices I had ever heard and he was very easy on the eyes. I wasn't completely convinced yet that he was anything special though. At that time American Idol was nothing more then a glorified karaoke contest to me, I needed to know if he had genuine talent. I went on an internet hunt and found Analog Heart and well..he made me fall forever with no end in sight, the day was May 24, 2008 ( is it wrong that I remember that?). The rest is as they say, history. I am proudly hooked on Cook and don't want a cure. I love the way this man and his music makes me feel..he is my drug of choice!

Like I mentioned before, I live in a small town near zero concert venues but I have managed to see David once.A friend drove me 12 hours to Columbus Ohio to see him at the fair. I didn't get to meet him but the show was beyond amazing. He sounds and looks better in person, cd's, videos, pictures,etc. do not do him justice. Their is just something so magical and captivating about watching him live! I am saving my $$ now in hopes of being able to see him again. My dream is to be able to thank him in person for all the hard times his music has helped me get through.

My fears in life are, spiders, heights, needles and large crowds(it is a HUGE challenge for me to attend a show). If I had to describe myself in three words I would say, shy, emotional, sentimental..okay make that 4, and loyal.

Ok, I guess that is enough rambling from me! I really love this place, everyone is so nice and entertaining! This place makes a great distraction when I feel down. It took me awhile to post but once I started it was and is still so much fun..this place really is like a home and you all are my DC sista's!

hi my name is Mindy. i live in schenectady, NY i am 22 years old. to my friends i am know as a dc fanatic and well as idol queen my family& friends call me all the time and ask me questons about idol past and present and i know the answers, the call me for the unpdates on david. i fell in love with david at his american idol addition love him from the start <3. i love all his songs but i guess if i had to pick a favorite it would be "the truth". i've seen david once and it was mind blowing when he came to town wish i have seen him more but dont have money hoping he comes around here again. i can not wait to hear more music from david he voice gets me all the time

other random info:
im allergic to peppers
i have a loving boyfriend who isnt so into david lol but thats ok
i work in a supermarket for now while i go to school for business
my avi is from the david concert i went to
me and my family are really close (big italian family)
i also love lee dewyze (not as much as david) he has the great quality tone to his voice much like david

LOL Jamie with your journey through the rocker dude from Idol!

Here's my quick profile preview even it's not so interesting:
My name is Aida, I'm 23 years old living in Mexico and I NEVER SAW A SINGLE EPISODE FROM SEASON 7. I discovered David Cook by a Harry Potter fanmade video with the song "Permanent". HE GOT ME. YT it and that's how I find out this man won the season I decided to skip earlier. BIG, HUUGE MISTAKE.
Have the privilege of having SoCal as a neighbor that has let me go to two concerts of this man becoming Magic Rainbows moments of my life.

To be continued... [if I find something interesting to add on Razz]

Hi! My turn!

I'm Pam. I'm from a small town called King George, Virginia. Not a lot of people know were that is but hmm i'm not far from Richmond/Washington. I'm 32 years old. I don't look my age at all LOL Face i get those looks all the time "are you really" i look younger but i hear it's a good thing.

My favorite David Cook song? Lie,Makeover,I just died in your arms tonight(cover),The Truth, and much mooooorrrree

What other musicians do you like? Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Aerosmith, Daughtry, Garth Brooks, Lady antebellum, Keith Urban

I been watching American Idol since beginning (YAY! Kelly Clarkson) and so i didn't think anyone would get my attention like she did.. until season 7 rolled around Very Happy i thought everybody did amazing job! But when i first saw David i just couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He literally got me when he did "Hello". I've been hooked ever since Awww Love

What are your hobbies or interests? I love watching movies and listening to tons of music.. i seriously don't do much so i'm pretty much like david lol a homebody Razz

Have you ever seen David perform live and/or met him? I have see David live twice! VA Beach and Richmond (the national). I still haven't met him yet Very Sad i hope i do soon cause i seriously feel like i'm the only person in the world that hasn't met David. I'm going to the Race for hope Concert 4/29th maybe i get lucky and finally meet him. (hope to meet everyone aswell)

Do you have any weird likes or dislikes or phobias? Only weird thing i can think of at the moment is that i'm paranoid. I have no idea were it comes from. I worry a lot! Being up high freaks me out.

I love making new friends. I don't have that many.. my one friend lives in Florida so i don't get to see her often. So i enjoy meeting new people Very Happy

I forgot to add to the "interests" I love tattoos! I'm soooo very fascinated. I would like to have lots of tats on me but for right now i only have 3 Smile

Hope this is good! Very Happy

I’m Holly, I'm 28 years old, single and a workaholic.

I am currently working freelance as a technical designer in the fashion industry. I deal with the fit and construction of the garments from concept through production to ensure that each and every garment fits the way it was meant to me worn.

I’ve spent the past two years of my life traveling back and forth across the atlantic to Austria working for a company that specializes in organic products. My work is currently hanging in 14 boutiques across Austria, Germany and Switzerland.

My favorite David Cook song is Life On The Moon, this song really struck a cord with me during one of my 5 trips to Austria last year. It was as if he knew exactly how to describe my life right at that moment.
Other favs include: Searchlights, The Truth, Still, Lie, Avalanche and Paper Heart Smile

I listen to mostly country, pop, alternative and rock. Keith urban, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, Lady Antebellium, *NSYNC, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Onerepublic, Plain White T’s, P!nk, Good charlotte, Silverchair, Aerosmith and I just saw an up and coming band about 3 weeks ago open for Good Charlotte they are out of huntington beach, CA and they are called Runner Runner. I think they would be PERFECT to open on David's Tour.

One thing that is unusual about me is I almost died when I was 18 from a brain tumor. I had emergency surgery that saved my life and I’ve been all free and clear for 10 years this july.

My hobbies include: reading romance novels, writing short stories or poetry, shopping, watching OSU football, going to concerts, cooking, experiencing new cultures, and traveling the world.

I have a phobia of Birds.

David and I were both born the same year, in fact only one day apart I'm the 21st of December.

My first David Cook concert was this past summer at Busch Gardens, my best friend and I sat in the VIP Tent. I went to both Saturday and Sunday’s show. I’m looking forward to the show in DC and can’t wait til he comes to my hometown tho let’s be honest here, I’ll go wherever he plays in Ohio Wink

I have not met him yet, We tried at BG but in the end his manager said no more people since he kept inviting more and more people backstage then originally planned. I know my time will come and I look forward to that day.

I stumbled upon David the finale episode of Season 7, trust me I’m STILL kicking myself for that one. I usually only tuned in to the finale to see who had won that year, but with David I had heard of him thanks to my best friend. I just never tuned in or forgot it was on. Shame on me, I know.

Hello everyone Hi!

My name is Lauren. I'm 25 years old and I'm from Massachusetts. I've been, I guess, what you call a "lurker" on this site for the past year. It's great to see so many people, including myself, who are so supportive of Dave and his music. It makes me feel good to know that other people share the same thoughts as I do about Dave, even the dirty thoughts LOL flag

I was always hesitant to introduce myself on here because you all seem like such a tight group, but since this topic came up, i figured why the heck not...You all seem like a friendly bunch! Group Hug1

I guess some other things about me are that I'm obviously a huge Cook fan, but i'm a huge fan of American Idol in general, even though Idol has definitely not been the same without him. Very Sad I'm also a huge fan of Glee, i'm probably one of the biggest GLEEKS you'll ever meet. I have my bachelor's degree in psychology, and i currently work at a program which treats children with behavioral issues.

Probably one of the most embarassing things about me, Cook related, is that i cried like a baby during the David vs. David finale (performance night) because the judges were praising archuleta non-stop and i thought for sure he was gonna win. Not because i didn't have faith in our man, but i thought the teeny-boppers were gonna take over most of the votes...i was crying and cursing at the tv, and my family was looking at me like WTF Is this also a good time to mention that i also cried when Chris Daughtry got voted off?! LOL...Anyway, i have nothing but love for archuleta Awww Love , but our Dave deserved it!

Basically, Dave had me when he first auditioned. He was my favorite from the beginning! Even from then up until now, i believe he's such a beautiful man, inside and out...He has such a big heart, even though you guys all know that already Angel Love

I've seen him perform on the American Idol's tour, and I've also seen him perform at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods, in Connecticut. Unfortunately, I've never met him, but i hope to someday!

Anyway, thanks so much for bringing up this thread. Hope i didn't go overboard...LOL...talk to ya'll soon
Blow Kisses

Guest Guest
Welcome! out of Lurkdom, laurluvscook!!! Smile

Hi, all!! I'm Kathy. I live in Vietnam (for about 8 years now) cuz my husband came here for work. Hubby's Korean and I met him when I lived and taught English in Korea many years ago (he wasn't my student, tho Smile). We have a 9 1/2 year old son who is the joy of my life. Awww Love

Been a David fan since "All Right Now". Smile Never seen/met him or the guys but I know I will someday. *fingers crossed* Favorite song is Avalanche. Also huge MWK, Ryan Star, Lukas Rossi and Adam Lambert fan and I hope to see/meet them all someday. Smile

Something weird about me is that every night before I go to bed, I check the corners of my room for spiders What a Face and also check under my bed to make sure there's nothing/no one under there. EmbarassedLOL Face

Guest Guest
thanx for the welcome Thank You!

and by the way...i check under my bed too...that's freakin awesome! LOL flag

Haha.. I don't feel so bad now. Very Happy

"Hello" (<----still my fave Dave performance from AI), I'm Wendy. I am familiar with many of you from when we all participated on the AI forums during season 7, and I've been here on this forum since the beginning. However, yes Stacy, since so many of you seem to know each other so well, from traveling together to, and meeting at DC concerts, kinda like a sorority, I am one of those who felt a bit awkward "butting in" to on-going conversations in the Chit-Chat Thread. So, I think this thread is a great idea!

I have lived most of my life, and currently do in New Haven, Connecticut (home of Yale University). I did move to NYC with my best friend, for a year, right out of high school, and then moved to Washington, DC with my other best friend for a year. Both cities are amazing and living in them were wonderful experiences. In NYC I worked at Macy's and in DC I worked at George Washington University. I am now a hairstylist/cosmetologist....I enjoy interacting with people and making them look and feel their best.

I own my own home, it's almost 100 years old, with lots of character. I love to plant a big garden in my backyard, cook and bake, read, do crafts, walk with my beloved chow Katie, spend time with family/friends and I enjoy a wide variety of music/bands/singers. I love everything from Motown, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Police, Def Leppard to Pink, Hanson, BSB, MJ, Jason Castro, Brooke White and my very fave singer of all....David Cook of course. I noticed him right away as "different, talented and interesting" during his audition and Hollywood week.....but he sure had me at "Hello".....I've NEVER had quite that reaction to a singer/performance on TV before in my life....it changed my life! I feel so bad for those^^^^who didn't tune into AI from the very beginning during season 7, but so happy for you that you did discover DC somewhere along the line, and didn't miss out on knowing him and his music. I've watched AI since the first season, but Season 7 and DC broke AI for me, and now I watch mostly just out of habit....nothing can or will ever compare! Besides just about all of David's songs/performances on AI, my favorite DC song is "Permanent" (still makes me cry every time)!

So yeah, hope you all know me a little bit better, I'm enjoying getting to know more about all of you as well.

Nan, awesome to see more folks from the South Smile

I'm Jamie, just turned 30, born and raised in Alabama....Tuscaloosa and now reside in Huntsville. I've dabbled in many trades, but have a degree in Social Work. I recently got a job at one of our hospitals here in the scheduling dept. I start next week. I'm unfortunately going through some life changes. Throws of a divorce and facing living on my own for the first time in my life. David's music is helping me more than ever and this record will probably aide in my healing process. Will be good to have some new tunage for it.

I have pretty eclectic music tastes. I have a last.fm and at first glance, one would definintely see that. I like anything from country, to R&B, to rock/alternative, to singer-songwriters. I'd be here all day listing out bands and artists I like, so if you are interested in seeing my diversity here's my page over there http://www.last.fm/user/Jastol

I've seen David a total of 7 times. Once during Idol tour in Atlanta, then again in Atlanta for a Jingle Ball show, then 5 more times during the Declaration tour. I went to Biloxi, Knoxville twice, Perry, GA and Mobile. I've yet to properly meet the man and get a picture with him, but I've got the goals set very high for this next tour. I first noticed Dave from the very beginning, he grew on me week to week and it took Hello for me to have my tongue hanging out.

My interests mainly stem around music, going to shows, scrapbooking (beginner), networking, cooking/trying new recipes, and my local ladies group here in town. They have practically kept me sane during the trials in my life, gave me a reason to stay here than return home, and also kept my mind off the fact that we've had this void with no shows/tour or anything. The group keeps me pretty busy, but no complaints Smile I think everyone should have something like this where they live. It also gives you an outlet to meet more people, while doing fun things.

I am loving this thread. I've learned so much about you guys. Even the ones that I've talked to for the last 3 years.

My name is Vivian. I am originally from Upstate New York, and I am now living in Phoenix. Most of my life has been spent between these 2 cities, except for some detours where I lived in Spokane, WA, San Diego and a wonderful short stint in London, England.

I absolutely love to travel, and I have some serious wanderlust issues. This is why I move around so much. I can't help that. I love new places and new experiences and new people. It is my dream to live in NYC.

I am currently working as a Technical Support Rep for a DSL Internet provider. I can't say I love my job, cause I don't. But it isn't all that bad either. I recently have decided that I want to work as a Voice Over Actor. I went to San Francisco in August and recorded 2 demo's, one commercial and one narrative. I personally think I am better at the narrative, but I think both will be fun. I am a huge procrastinator, so this project is moving slowly. I think I am afraid of the rejection that will inevitably come from this line of work. But I am also determined to do this. It is fun and exciting, and I love working in a recording studio.

My favorite cartoon characters are Tigger, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. I love them all, but Tigger is my absolute favorite. He's bouncy and silly and just wants to play and have fun. I will never grow up!

I have 3 boys. They are 38, 36 and 29. Yes, I am that old. I love them more than words can say and I think they are amazing. Being a Mom is the most important thing I have ever done in my life. I don't think anything else can come close to that.

I am a very spiritual person, though I am not religious. I just love spiritual things. I enjoy learning about them, studying them and learning from them.

I became seriously interested in David when He sang All Right Now. But Hello totally floored me. I can't explain it. It just did. Once I stopped rewinding and watching it, and rewinding and watching it again, I dragged myself to my computer and googled his name to learn more about him. It was that night that I discovered the AI Forums and I found many of you. I found immense comfort in finding others that were as floored as I was.

My favorite David Cook songs are A Daily Anthem, Bar ba Sol, Let Go, Porcelain and the Truth.

I am basically extremely shy. When people first meet me I have heard them tell me later that they thought I was stuck up. But I am not. I am terrified! lol

I have a deep love of Animals, especially dogs, and I have a very compassionate heart. I cry easily, as I have reading this thread, and learning more about all of you.

I have no real hobbies. I used to enjoy reading. I wish I could just sit down and quietly enjoy a book again. I do love technology, so I am almost always on my computer. I work on one all day, and play on one all night.

I have seen David 11 times and met him twice. Well 3 times if you count the first time when I was standing 6 rows deep and yelled at him to sign my picture. Which he did. He looked up to see where the woman who was yelling over the throng was coming from and he looked me square in the eye. I felt like I had been hit in the gut. It was a beautiful and amazing experience. I will never forget it. I'm sure he doesn't even remember it. lol

I loved the AI forums, especially the PB thread, and I spent many hours there. I still wish some of those conversations had been saved for posterity sake.

WELCOME LURKERS. I hope and pray you Lurk no more. We are fairly harmless. lol

TTFN. Smile

Hello there,

I'm China, I'm 20 years of age, I live in Montana and want to goto school to be a Graphic Designer and Photographer. I'm currently working on my GED and will be finishing soon.

I've been homeschooled since I was 5 years old, and i've traveled to Mexico, California, Las Vegas, Nebraska, and some other places.

My hobbies are: Computer, Music, Singing, Working out, Working, Writing fics, Reading books, Watching tv, And wanting to travel the world.

I am very family oriented and they mean the world to me, and i would do anything for them. I remember when i was 15 i would listen to my Grandpa sing and play his guitar, and help him cook. It was a very good time in my young life.

I have a phobia of Spiders, Sharks, Bugs, Snakes, and heights.

My first DC concert was in 2009, I worked my ass off babysitting to save up enough money to buy a ticket and have gas money. But the lady I babysat for ripped me off so, I ended up having to ask my cousins for the money and even though, I got pushed around by the most rudest people on earth; there were some good souls that helped me out that night. I got one of Neal's guitar picks and I met him aswell, and the best thing was, having a conversion with him about the restroom. Oh, and the hug of course!

Okay, the sad part, David was 10 feet away from me but I missed him because I had my back turned to him. And even though I did not meet him I will some day, and i'll be ready when that time comes. Wink

Favorite songs are: EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. LOL flag

I first noticed David right at the end at the top 3, I was working at a restuarant and my friend that i worked with made me watch the show with her. I will admit i didn't like him at first but, he grew on me very quickly. (What a big surprise!) LOL. Then, my grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer around the time he was on AI, I then read the tv guide and learned about his brother Adam, it shocked me but also brought me much comfort to know that someone knew and understood how it was to have a family member with Cancer.

My grandpa died right around the time he won AI and when his album came out it helped me grieve and help me through a rugh time in my life. So I guess you can say i owe him alot for being there, without really being there.

Okay, i'll stop now because i don't want to sound weird and shalkish. LOL!

So, there you go. Very Happy

I LOVE this thread! Thanks for thinking about making (and really creating) this thread, Stacy!

Okay... here we go Wink

Hi, everyone
I'm Dinna, as you can see, I'm a 30 yo from Indonesia. I've been here since the beginning and I've loved David since audition but only began to really root for him after Hello. I lurked for quite some time on AI forum before I started posting because my English was really poor. It's still poor here and there, so I apologize if some things I say might sound offensive. Believe me, I don't mean to Smile

I'm probably the only Muslim around here, since the other two I know have bailed on me I'm not a really devout one, though.

Like laurluvsdc, I have a bachelor degree in Psychology, but sadly it kind of has gone to waste because my job is nowhere near the psychology field. I work at the university I went to college to as an assistant of project manager, in an engineering education project funded by the World Bank. I'm also a book editor in my spare time.

I've lived in Indonesia my whole life and have never traveled to another country. Not even another island [trivia: we have over 13.000 islands here, only half are inhabited]. I'm such a homebody (hey there, soulmate... *winks to David*). hey don't throw things at me!

I'm an only child but not exactly. I have two half-brothers and two half-sisters. My family knows my OCDCD and they've learned to not roll their eyes whenever I scream from hearing his song on the radio or seeing his face on TV Very Happy [I still do that to this day. I even silent-screamed this morning at the office when I heard about the new single, still can't stop smiling! Smile]

I'm afraid to touch animals, but I don't dislike them. I had a dog who was very loyal to my family and we currently have cats around the house (idk whose cats are those, lol) and hamsters. However, I'm not afraid to touch snakes, I don't despise cockroaches, and spiders are not a fear factor for me Very Happy One creature I hate the most: house gecko! Yikes.
I'm lactose-intolerant, but not allergic to it. I just don't eat anything milky: milk, cheese, cream, butter, ice cream, chocolate.... I know, right?? I miss out on the good things in life. Lol.

What else... oh yeah... maybe this is unpopular, but I love doing dishes, and most people here don't use dishwasher Smile
And I happen to think that Zachary Levi and Ian Somerhalder are genuinely great guys by heart

I admit that I don't love each of David songs equally, cause I have favorites, which are Makeover, Let Go, A Daily AntheM, and Kiss on The Neck. But I love them all regardless. One thing I know for sure, I'm here for the long run. I'm also a concert virgin Smile

I think that's it for now. I talk too much already Smile

P.S. I LOVE Neal Tiemann a lot. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. I have the utmost respect for his work. I think he's a musical genius.

Guest Guest

This thread is awesome... I love meeting those of you who are new, and finding out new things about those of you who've been around awhile.

Such a diverse bunch we are - all ages, spread out all over the world, very different backgrounds... and yet we all share this common love of David Cook and his music. I really hope that everyone here gets to see David in concert (if you haven't already) and gets to meet him. I forgot to mention last night that I've been lucky enough to talk to him 4 times. I hope everyone gets to experience that - and he's an amazing hugger!

For the new folks, I'll quickly share my first experience meeting him, because it was so special for all the Word Nerds. I remember how excited everyone was when I reported the story back here.

I flew out to Oregon to visit my friend the summer after David won Idol. She was a huge fan too, so we scheduled my visit so that we could go to the Portland AI Tour show the night before I was coming home to Ohio. After the show, we were walking back to our car and chanced upon a huge crowd of people who had gathered to meet the Idols. The first couple had just come out - I think it was Chikezie and Rami if I remember correctly.

We got at the very end of the group - figured we wouldn't get to meet them as there wouldn't be time, but maybe we could snap some pictures of them. Carly came out next and came down to our end of the line to start. Others came out and some were coming to us first, so I crossed my fingers we would get to meet David after all.

He was the last one to come out and he came to our end of the line... I couldn't believe our luck. He told people he was running late and had to hurry because he wanted to meet as many as he could. He was pretty much signing things and saying thank you and rushing along. When he got to us, a girl we had met while standing there pointed to me and said, "David, she flew all the way from Ohio to meet you!" (This was like the 3rd or 4th tour stop, and I guess that idea was fairly new to him.) He stopped, looked amazed, cocked his eyebrow, and said, "You do know we are doing shows in Ohio, don't you?" I laughed and told him yes, but I wanted to experience the tour with my friend. He made me promise that I would come see him again in Ohio. He signed my shirt and started to move on. Now comes the really cool part...

As he was signing for the next person, my friend said to him "We're just a couple of Word Nerds." He stopped signing, looked back at us both, and with the most sincere voice and look in his eyes, he said, "I LOVE the Word Nerds!" It was the first time he had mentioned the WNs without someone asking for a shout-out. Everyone was so excited when I reported back with the story. Our first unsolicited shout out from him.

Aww, memories... Awww Love

Guest Guest
Welcome to the new members and de-lurkers! Hello again to some familiar names. This thread shows that we still have a lot of learn about each other even if we've been here since the beginning.

Laur, I grew up in MA and hope to move back there some day. My family is still up there spread all over the Cape and the suburbs of Boston.

Welcome! Lauren!!! I graduated from Southwick High School (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth), so I'm definitely familiar with Massachussets!! I was also at the Foxwood show!!! Remember "... a waffel, a couple of eggs, some hash browns, 2 pieces of toast, 3 sodas, and a milk shake.." That was epic!!

Just wanted to say, I've heard before that new people are intimidated by us because we are such a close knit group. We are; but, we love new people in our group!! You don't need our permission, just jump in here with both feet. If you love David Cook, you're one of us. Period. We have lots of love to share!! You have to go on tour with us all. There's several other fans in Massachusetts - we all get together, travel together, get hotels together - share the expenses!! That way we can afford it much easier, and we all get to hang out and literally have a blast!!! Hanging out is just as good as actually seeing David!!

I was extremely leery of meeting people on-line - I've heard such horror stories!! But I've had complete strangers from here offer me their homes, transportation, food.... I have to say, this place has restored my faith in the human race. David Cook fans are the best people ever! Just know that whether you are new or old to the Home, you are one of us!! Welcome!!!

Guest Guest
I'm afraid to touch animals, but I don't dislike them. I had a dog who was very loyal to my family and we currently have cats around the house (idk whose cats are those, lol) and hamsters. However, I'm not afraid to touch snakes, I don't despise cockroaches, and spiders are not a fear factor for me One creature I hate the most: house gecko! Yikes.

ROFLOL OMG, Dinna!!! I hate those dang geckos!!! They jump out and scare me half to death all the time! LOL Face

Hi! I've been lurking for a while...only posted one other time.

I'm Jodi and I live in NJ with my hubby & two kids (13yr old daughter & 9yr old son).

Hmmm...how did I get here? It didn't start with AI but with another reality show called Rockstar Supernova. One of the contestants was Ryan Star. Another one was Toby Rand and I became a huge fan of his band called Juke Kartel. Following Toby & Juke Kartel led me to a site called RockBandLounge.com. There I met some wonderfully amazing people, one of whom insisted that I watch AI...a show that I had long written off as being too cheesy....to see this guy named David Cook. Well *bam* I was re-hooked on AI and pretty much in love with this David Cook fellow. Over at RockBand, we had a thread dedicated to David but sadly nobody really posts there anymore. I tried DCO ....no offense to anyone that posts there...but they just over-analyze and worry too much ...that's just not my style. I just want to have fun, enjoy the music and the man Very Happy

I've been to two shows-Starland Ballroom in NJ where he introduced us to "the shirt" and then to Kean College also in NJ. I love all of David's music, especially Analog Heart. I'm also a huge MWK fan...wishing they'd come East for some shows one day! Massively looking forward to David's new music and next tour!!!

I'm also new to Twitter as JerseyJodiF.

Looking forward to posting more in the future! Everybody seems so "real" here and that's really cool Smile

kcbban wrote:
I'm afraid to touch animals, but I don't dislike them. I had a dog who was very loyal to my family and we currently have cats around the house (idk whose cats are those, lol) and hamsters. However, I'm not afraid to touch snakes, I don't despise cockroaches, and spiders are not a fear factor for me One creature I hate the most: house gecko! Yikes.

ROFLOL OMG, Dinna!!! I hate those dang geckos!!! They jump out and scare me half to death all the time! LOL Face

They only invade Asian homes, huh?? I hate them SO much, with every blood in my veins. Lol.

Welcome! Jodi!!! I was at Kean, too!!! Do you remember "Monty just got a raise.."? Had a blast at that show!!! There's several WN's in NJ!! Us east-coasters usually travel together, stay together - you need to come with us! We have WAY too much fun not to share it with everyone! LOL

I HAVE to add, that the warmth and welcoming gestures of everybody here is the main reason for me to keep posting. This is my home and it (along with the people inside) holds equal values with my real life home Heart

I love to see lurkers start posting here, we love you just as much! Smile

P.S No offense for DCO posters too (posted there a few times myself), but the DCO atmosphere intimidates me. I feel like I have to always be intelligent there and that unwitty posts aren't welcomed. But it's my opinion Smile

@pn112 wrote:
Welcome! Jodi!!! I was at Kean, too!!! Do you remember "Monty just got a raise.."? Had a blast at that show!!! There's several WN's in NJ!! Us east-coasters usually travel together, stay together - you need to come with us! We have WAY too much fun not to share it with everyone! LOL

Thank you for the welcome! YES I remember Monty's raise LOL flag That show was great...more relaxing for me than my first show where I had to stand outside in the heat all day. It was worth it tho...I got my daughter in the front row & I was right behind her. Got the "best mommy EVER" award that day Great

I would love to meet any of you at a show one day!! Now all we need are SHOWS....

Jodi - I met David for the first time a couple of weeks after that show. My friend, Gail, had passed out at the show (while cellcasting!) and she and I met David together. After hearing she passed out, David ordered Gail to drink lots of water - hydrate! LOL I told him I'd take care of her. He said, Oh, so it's your job!! and I replied, giving the Montyesque extended hand, rubbing my fingers together, "Oh Dave". He completely cracked up - the big open-mouth, loud laugh with the bend over 2-handed thigh slap. That made my year!!

So glad your daughter got to share that experience with you!! Wish I had known you were there - where were you guys? I was right smack in front of Neal - my happy place! LOL

Hi! Hi!

My name is Gwen. I'm from South Texas - on the Gulf Coast - lots of pretty water.

My favorite David Cook song...at the moment...is "My Last Request." It changes almost daily. I've sort of been obsessed with him since "Hello." Just when I think I'm kicking the habit, he announces that his new single will be released in a few weeks, and I'm sucked back in!

I love to read...and I'm an avid crocheter...and I love to cook. I'm fairly boring.

I've never met David Cook, or been to one of his concerts, but somewhere, stuffed in a box in the back of his closet, he's got a "Pain Don't Hurt" T-shirt that I bought him...lol.

Anyway, hi everyone, and welcome to those I haven't met.

@pn112 wrote:
Jodi - I met David for the first time a couple of weeks after that show. My friend, Gail, had passed out at the show (while cellcasting!) and she and I met David together. After hearing she passed out, David ordered Gail to drink lots of water - hydrate! LOL I told him I'd take care of her. He said, Oh, so it's your job!! and I replied, giving the Montyesque extended hand, rubbing my fingers together, "Oh Dave". He completely cracked up - the big open-mouth, loud laugh with the bend over 2-handed thigh slap. That made my year!!

So glad your daughter got to share that experience with you!! Wish I had known you were there - where were you guys? I was right smack in front of Neal - my happy place! LOL

That is a great meeting David story! You'll certainly remember that one forever...and that laugh...oh I can only imagine! I've not had the chance to meet him yet. So afraid I'll turn into a blubbering fool...I get extra chatty when I'm nervous.

Yes, my daughter is a huge fan of David and of Ryan now too. She met Ryan and his band after the Kean show and they were so so sweet to her. At both of my shows we were on the Andy side.

And I'm sorry...I don't even know your name...I feel rude!

Guest Guest
@Gwen4791 wrote:
Hi! Hi!

My name is Gwen. I'm from South Texas - on the Gulf Coast - lots of pretty water.

My favorite David Cook song...at the moment...is "My Last Request." It changes almost daily. I've sort of been obsessed with him since "Hello." Just when I think I'm kicking the habit, he announces that his new single will be released in a few weeks, and I'm sucked back in!

I love to read...and I'm an avid crocheter...and I love to cook. I'm fairly boring.

I've never met David Cook, or been to one of his concerts, but somewhere, stuffed in a box in the back of his closet, he's got a "Pain Don't Hurt" T-shirt that I bought him...lol.

Anyway, hi everyone, and welcome to those I haven't met.

haha, Gwen, now you've got me wondering...... somewhere tucked away in a closet or maybe in the basement of his mother's home, David's got a bunch of postcards of Vietnam that Barb(justforme) gave to him for me.... wonder where those postcards are now.... Smile

Guest Guest

Oh my! Waking up to such a great thread, with old and new members sharing some of their stories is such a wonderful thing! Awww Love I LOVE that some of our lurkers "dared" to de-lurk Great

We are very sorry if we gave the impression of being such a tight group of people that some of you were hesitant to participate! There's no doubt we are close to each other and many have been here long enough to get to know each other online and/or in person. BUT, that doesn't mean in the least we don't welcome new friends, on the contrary! If you are new here or have been lurking for some time, be sure you're more than welcome to chime in, give your opinion, tell us about yourself, fangirl, be silly or contribute intelligent, witty thoughts... whatever you feel like doing.

The Rules of Conduct of the forum, coined by us, the founders, back in April 2008 is more than just a collection of rules. They represent the true spirit of this community. Please read them, specially items 1 and 2. You'll get the idea! Quoting a small portion of the introduction:

Quote :
We wish to make this a real HOME for the Word Nerds and all DC fans and preserve the creative work, camaraderie, humor, lots of good, silly and sometimes twisted fun we developed at our other favorite forums.

Therefore, we want to make this site a welcoming, safe online sanctuary to all DC fans who wish to frolic where freedom of expression is honored if you follow some simple rules.

*steps down from soapbox and gets ready to "meet" many, many more new and old friends*

GWEN!!!!! Hi! Good to see you!!! Where ya been hanging????

Jodi - I'm such a flake sometimes!!! LOL I assume every one knows my name!!! Duh!! I'm Peggy. I'm pretty much pn112 everywhere except for Twitter. There I'm TewerLightsFan.