Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

TLG Video - Vote NOW on VH-1!!! Keep voting!

Guest Guest

Apparently Ryan Seacrest played it on his show and characterized it as a "breakout song" that is "picking up steam." Great

eta: It premiered on his HAC countdown show at number 33. This and the Rick Dees show are awesome, because so many radio stations air those shows. That means a bunch of spins on stations that have not been playing it, and a bunch of new ears therefore hearing it.

To see all the stations that air Ryan's countdown, and find one in your area, go here!

Guest Guest

^^^ Great news!! cheers

Guest Guest
Quote :
thedavidcook David Cook
Thanks, everyone, for voting "The Last Goodbye" all the way to number 1 on #VH1Top20! Celebratory rock kicks all around!

Guest Guest

Doing all we can for you, David Very Happy

Go WordNerds!DC CheerleaderGo WordNerds!

Guest Guest

We're tweeting about it everyday from the WNH account as well Wink

Guest Guest
TLG slipped down to number two this week... keep voting!

David was knocked out by Lady GaGa! No-no! We all have to get voting and get him back to #1. Get to voting! Please!

DEBRA

Guest Guest
BUMP! I hope everyone is still voting as much as they can. Smile

I put this in another thread, but will add it here as well.

RCA Ed today:

Quote :

Let me assure you guys that RCA won't hesitate to move onto a second single if "TLG" truly proves to have run its course at radio. But, with all due respect, we'll know precisely when that time comes, not you guys. SmileIn the meantime, your efforts to request the song from your local stations and vote for the video across the web (not to mention your votes for sexiest man alive or whatever - LOL) are anything but wasted efforts - all of them add up to greater exposure for David. You guys may be tired of pushing "TLG" out there so enthusiastically for all these months (heck, I'm tired of it too!), but don't forget that new consumers are hearing the song for the first time with every radio or video spin - that's how mass-level music consumption works.
Back when I was working Nickelback's 'All the Right Reasons' record and watching between 40,000 and 20,000 albums being sold every week for 2 straight years, I was constantly reminded that thousands of people were discovering Nickelback for the first time ever that week! Or, at the very least, new consumers were being prompted to act on a purchase of a CD after hearing a single for the first, third, or fifth time at radio and realizing they wanted to hear more. In sum, music promotion is a process of long-term strategic attrition (oooh, I'll have to save that phrase to use again later), and that means those of you who partake with us in that long-term process are bound to feel more impatient than 99% of the less invested fans and potential consumers out there. In short: I don't blame you guys for feeling that way, but it's not you I'm trying to convince to buy TLM. Smile

Guest Guest

Thanks for bringing Ed's post over here, Jeannie! It's very informative.

For the record, 40,000 and 20,000 albums a week for two years was back in 2005. Today's music scene is totally different unless your name in Lady Gaga or Adele. BUT people are discovering David week after week and we can help spread the word!

It seems HDD has predicted something around 5k sales last week, so TLM has been selling around the 5/8k per week. IMO, not shabby at all Wink

Let's keep up the good work cheers

Guest Guest
Exactly, Made. And I think Ed's point was that that particular album built it's sales slowly over time... because in 2005 those sales were probably equivalent to what David is doing now in this musical climate. Some albums fly to the top of the charts... some take their time. And that fact hasn't changed from 2005 to now.

if I right understood, this result is about last week's votes ( we also voted on sexyman poll)?

Guest Guest

We've said it before. If your time for voting is limited, please use it to vote on polls/surveys that count towards putting David's music front and center.

We couldn't keep him at #2 or #1? Bad luck, let's keep on trying Wink

My limited time is only for David's music Wink
.....................Run to vote on VH1 for The Last Goodbye

Guest Guest
TLG has dropped to number 12 this week, it's 9th week on the list. Keep voting!

Guest Guest
Thanks for the info, Jeannie. We'll keep voting!

Voting everyday! Smile Got to keep BF in the Top Twenty! DC Cheerleader

DEBRA

I am sure you all have seen this on DCO or elsewhere but jic-it is being suggested that it is also important to register and post on David's pages on the VH1 website. Apparently (and I am just passing this on knowing nothing about it) mentions on the site also counts for placement on the countdown. Mention 'David Cook' and/or 'The Last Goodbye" in your posts so that your mentions will be counted by the website. I am having a fun time working out how to put David's whole name and the song title in my posts.

http://community.vh1.com/groups/David_Cook

Guest Guest

Thanks for the info, Meg. Everything helps Wink

Guest Guest

I saw that... Very Sad

Though thinking about it, I had heard some time ago that most videos only stay on the countdown for ten weeks now - it used to be they removed someone at twenty weeks, not it seems like it's ten. And voting from last week (for tomorrow's countdown) would be for the tenth week he'd be on. So maybe that's why.

Guest Guest
It's sad to see it drop off the countdown but all of us have made a great effort to keep it there for 10 weeks. Maybe it's a new rule as Jeannie pointed out.

Guest Guest
And it did indeed make the top 20 for the full ten weeks, closing out it's run at number 18. Thanks to everyone for all the voting... and keep your voting fingers warmed up for the next video!