Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/23/11 - Phoenix AZ, Arizona State Fair Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the October 23, 2011, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona State Fair concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks a million to vsteph1 for agreeing to u-stream tonight's show![center]

SET LIST

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You
8.The Last Goodbye
9.The Hand That Feeds
10.Bar-ba-sol
11.Light On
12.FIM
13.REM

Guest Guest
List of photobucket/flickr/twitpic/etc. collections of photos.

dsc03811.jpg
via Piper

pa230212.jpg
via AZDAVIDFAN hubby, lol

Photos start HERE.

Guest Guest
Best Videos

All videos from this concert can be found HERE.

Circadian by paulafeely

Guest Guest
Links to recap posts/press related posts.

Recaps start HERE

Review by emuisemo.com

Review by soundspike.com

Guest Guest
Have a wonderful time today, everyone who is going! We can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm so excited for all the people I know who are going to this show! Viv and her sister! And Chris!! They all have VIPs, so cannot wait for the pics and recaps!!!

Excited2Yahoo!Excited2

Guest Guest
I can't wait to read Viv and Paula's recaps!

Guest Guest

Viv, Paula, Chris... it's always so nice to have regular posters here at a show, because you know we are going to get wonderful recaps from them! Excited

Well, crap!!! I totally forgot to add Paula!!! GAH!!! Duh Sorry Paula!!! It wasn't intentional!!! Just over excited!! Embarassed

Thanks Barb, Jeannie and Peggy !! Blow Kisses
I'm ExcitedDC CheerleaderYahoo! !!!!!
Cannot wait to meet HIM and my WNs friends there.
Yesterday I meet Viv !
I'll make a detailed recap !!!
And will try to take great pics.
Not sure about vids cause of the camera nazis !!!
See you there ladies !!!!! Group Hug1

Guest Guest
Fairs generally are not "Nazi like" about cameras at all, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Odds are they won't say anything.

Jeannie wrote:
Fairs generally are not "Nazi like" about cameras at all, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Odds are they won't say anything.

My friend who lives here told me at Declaration Tour concert at the fair the "nazis" didn't let the people shoot videos only photos. But I'll do my best !!! Hi!Laughing

@Piper wrote:
Jeannie wrote:

My friend who lives here told me at Declaration Tour concert at the fair the "nazis" didn't let the people shoot videos only photos. But I'll do my best !!! Hi!Laughing

Yeah, I heard the same thing from a girl here. She said they were horrible about it. In fact she said that they would make you delete whatever you were filming right then and there in front of them. So, i a also a bit nervous. But will do my best.

Guest Guest

Well, I just checked our video thread from the fair on the Declaration Tour and we have at least one video of every song, anywhere from 3 to 5 for most of them. So obviously people were able to get some. Smile

You can always try John's trick from the other night, and have someone "block" security's view of you. Even if you have to shoot "blind" and don't get the best video, the audio still comes through fine.

Jeannie wrote:
Well, I just checked our video thread from the fair on the Declaration Tour and we have at least one video of every song, anywhere from 3 to 5 for most of them. So obviously people were able to get some. Smile

You can always try John's trick from the other night, and have someone "block" security's view of you. Even if you have to shoot "blind" and don't get the best video, the audio still comes through fine.

Great idea about blocking security. Do you know how he did that?

I'm ustr the show, so I would feel bad if you guys couldn't see anything. kwim. Although, i do agree, the audio is the most important thing. God, I'm so excited.

Jan woke me up this morning and got me all pumped up! Thanks Jan!

Guest Guest

Just had someone make sure they were between him and the nearest security guard so the guard couldn't directly see what he was doing, I think.

Thanks for agreeing to stream, and hopefully you aren't near any security guards so it won't be a problem. Very Happy

I'm just so happy for all of you who are going today. Hi!

Really can't wait for Chris's moment with David. It's been so long coming. It will truly be an EPIC MOMENT. Excited

DEBRA

Thanks in advance for u-streaming for us, Viv! You and Chris and Paula and everyone have a tremendous good time and please tell us all about it! Blow Kisses

You are welcome guys. I've enjoyed my fare share of them, so I wanted to give back a bit, like I did during cell cast days. Do you guys have a back up just in case there is a problem?

No, we don't, Viv. But no pressure - there have been u-streamless shows on this tour because I think people don't realize how easy it is to volunteer to stream. So if it doesn't work for some reason, we'll all live. Smile

BTW - any idea what time Dave is expected to hit the stage?

No, we don't, Viv. But no pressure - there have been u-streamless shows on this tour because I think people don't realize how easy it is to volunteer to stream. So if it doesn't work for some reason, we'll all live. Smile

DCO says 7pm Arizona time. I believe that is 10pm EST. But someone just posted that last time Dave played the AZ Fair he actually went on a little earlier than planned.

WOOOOT!!!! Show day!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Think FoolsApril said David should be on around 7p.m. MT/9p.m. ET

@cjester27 wrote:

Think FoolsApril said David should be on around 7p.m. MT/9p.m. ET

Arizona is a state that doesn't participate in Daylight Savings. So they have their own MT. lol

Timing for this show is very confusing. In Phoenix 7PM MT is 10PM ET. But, many sites say this show starts at 6PM. So, I'm not sure if David's set will start at 9PM ET or 10PM ET. I guess I'll tune in at 9 and see what happens.

Guest Guest
I'm off! Thanks for the kind wishes! Gotta run!!!

@Piper wrote:
Thanks Barb, Jeannie and Peggy !! Blow Kisses
I'm ExcitedDC CheerleaderYahoo! !!!!!
Cannot wait to meet HIM and my WNs friends there.
Yesterday I meet Viv !
I'll make a detailed recap !!!
And will try to take great pics.
Not sure about vids cause of the camera nazis !!!
See you there ladies !!!!! Group Hug1

So excited for you!! I can't wait to hear about it! Cheers

Guest Guest
I got a few texts from Paula. She said they had to wait outside in 94 degree heat. Shortly after that she told me the line was moving. She met Chris, Viv and Jennifer. They have to put their phones away for sound check.

Quote :
@carolionroars
David Cook is soundcheckin'! Heard him do Circadian, something that sounded like muse, and Here I Go Again.

Guest Guest
carolionroars Carolyn
@thedavidcook soundchecked Life on the Moon and Hard to Believe as well...
3 minutes ago

Chris Glad you got to met Viv Sorry a little late here . I hope you have a Fantastic Dave Time. I know you will . So excited for you and every one who is there. DC CheerleaderDC CheerleaderYahoo!

Guest Guest
Quote :
vsteph1
We vot creeeep!

Holy fucking shit! Viv, are you serious???

Have a Great time Ladies. Please do you r best and i know you will bring us pics and vids. Nail biting!Nail biting! i think the security thingy is a good idea. LaughingLaughing

Guest Guest
Holy fucking shit!!! C..R..E..E..P!!!!! *officially jealous*

Guest Guest
Holy Sheep! Lucky Phoenix fans!

HOLY SHIT CREEP The whole song besides . Yea Lucky and So So happy for Viv and the rest of the Girls.

Guest Guest
livehead16 Lara
some peeps in the front talked him into giving it a go. holy hell. complete w alternate lyrics & a kermit the frog ending. i am *ded*.
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by LetMeFallForYou

Guest Guest
Kristen8108 Kristen
I liked the frog ending of Creep. That was a special touch. Still floored they played the whole song.

Kristen8108 Kristen
I also loved how he said no to the request & the language in that song is too offensive then continued to play it. Lol

Kristen8108 Kristen
"there's some words here and after that there's some more words" to the tune of Creep

Kristen8108 Kristen
He also did a little instrumental Billie Jean with mumbly lyrics

Guest Guest
Grace just tweeted that David goes on soon. I don't think Carolina Liar is with them tonight. DCO has the line up listed as just David and Gavin. The concert start time is 6 pm(9 eastern).

Guest Guest
Quote :
Lainey02 Lainey
Wow. VIP ran out of time and they have to wait until after the show, according to @cool_shades

Guest Guest
USTREAM Thanks Viv!

David will take the stage in about 30 minutes. They do seem to be running a bit late though. I saw some tweets that they had to cut meet and greet short and will finish after the show.

Jeannie wrote:
Kristen8108 Kristen
I liked the frog ending of Creep. That was a special touch. Still floored they played the whole song.

Kristen8108 Kristen
I also loved how he said no to the request & the language in that song is too offensive then continued to play it. Lol

Kristen8108 Kristen
"there's some words here and after that there's some more words" to the tune of Creep

Kristen8108 Kristen
He also did a little instrumental Billie Jean with mumbly lyrics

The highlighted tweet totally cracked me up!!! ROFLOL I'm like - so Creep isn't on the teleprompter yet, eh? David Cook, songwriter extraordinaire! Ahahahahahahah Sorry Dave, I had to do that!

Guest Guest
Paper Heart!

I am not getting audio.... is anyone else

Guest Guest
Kristen said reception is bad in there so it keeps cutting out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.