• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/23/11 - Phoenix AZ, Arizona State Fair Concert

Guest Guest
Update, Kristen says

Kristen8108 Kristen
Sorry guys. This isn't going to work. I have almost no connection.
2 minutes ago

Guest Guest
RHWY

Wow nice big crowd!

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You
8.The Last Goodbye

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You
8.The Last Goodbye
9.The Hand That Feeds

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You
8.The Last Goodbye
9.The Hand That Feeds
10.Bar-ba-sol

Guest Guest
Just got a text from Paula that security made her stop taking video.

1.Circadian

2.Heroes

3.Mr Sensitive

4.Paper Heart

5.CBTM

6.Right Here With You

7.Let Me Fall For You

8.The Last Goodbye

9.The Hand That Feeds
10.Bar-ba-sol
11.Light On

Guest Guest
Kristen8108 Kristen
@
@wehomusic lots of guys in the crowd around is enjoying the show. It was 2 guys singing TLg to each other!

Guest Guest

Aww Monty on the jumbotron

AK_Sales Alexandra Sales
Gavin DeGraw / David Cook concert at the state fair. Sunday funday! pic.twitter.com/KkJLf8AF

1.Circadian
2.Heroes
3.Mr Sensitive
4.Paper Heart
5.CBTM
6.Right Here With You
7.Let Me Fall For You
8.The Last Goodbye
9.The Hand That Feeds
10.Bar-ba-sol
11.Light On
12.FIM
13.REM

Guest Guest
Viv tweeted that security caught her and wouldn't let her stream. Apparently they were pretty strict at this show.

Guest Guest
cool_shades coolshades
Venue rules are what made the show so short. Hardly any banter. He was trying to do as many songs as possible in only an hour.

Viv texted she is sorry she couldn't u-stream - she was busted! Maybe that's why when Kristen's was working she was holding it down low. Anyway, hope they all had fun and can't wait for the recaps!

Guest Guest
True, Kristen said she had to place her phone on her chair to try the stream for us.

Poor Viv she was worried too that something would happen. Not her fault damn Camera Police. Don't understand what the big deal is with that.

Guest Guest
Jan, I hope she doesn't feel badly about it. We had warning earlier in this thread that a previous show at this fair had very strict rules about video/audio recording.

I do feel bad. i know you guys understand, but i so wanted to do this for you. When I first tried it wouldn't connect. The signal was terrible. Then it looked like it was connected so i just held it up and let it go. Then after a couple of songs the guy came over to me and said no video and made me put it away. I supidly thought it was still connected so i held it low hoping you guys were at least getting audio. it was weird because on the screen I could see the show. So not sure what happened. I guess next time we need to teach me how to tell if it is actually working.

Security was horrible. They paced and watched everyone. They kept telling people to stop videoing. At one point there was like 6 of them all pacing together, like they were looking for someone. It was weird. You would have thought they were the secret service or something.

Anyways, thanks for understanding. Recap soon.

BTW the show was awesome. The set list was incredible. I got to see Hand that feeds live. no words.

BTW, someone at soundcheck reported that the "mystery cover" that he did at soundcheck in Santa Rose and Phoenix was...
Spoiler:

Ok. So recap. We got there around 3 and lined up. my God it was Hot. People kept trying to find shade, but not an easy task in this city. I'm not sure how long we waited in that sun, but it felt like an hour and a half.

I loved meeting everyone. That was fun. We took a group picture, which I hope will be posted soon.

Finally got inside and Kath (my sister) and I sat toward the back. David immediately started singing We Believe. That song is friggin awesome live. He started asking for requests and someone asked for the song he did on idol by that Christian band. Sorry, can't remember the name. Someone? Anyway, he said it took a week to learn it, and 10 minutes to forget it. Then he fumbled with Billie jean for a bit. he didn't sing it. Then someone asked for This is not the last Time, and he said We don't know it. lol Then he explained some chord progression thing in the song and moved on. Someone said Creep and damn if he didn't start to sing it. I figured he would do a couple of lines just to tease us. he struggled to remember the words, but he kept going. i love him for this, cause he sounded amazing. Even if at the end he started singing random words. it was adorable. The kermit thing at the end was priceless. he said he always thought the last line should be sung by kermit and then he did it. lmao

Gotta be honest, Creep lingered for me. I couldn't believe he did that. I was stuck. I have no idea what he sang after that. i know he sang something, but I was still stuck on Creep. I've always wanted to hear him sing that. Can you imagine how I would be if he sang Let Go? lol

Anyway, time for the M&G. Oh wait, one more thing. I believe I got a smile from him when he was singing We Believe. I was bobbin my head and singling along, and i swear he gave me a big old smile. He looked directly at me, and there was no one behind me. So that's my story and I'm stickin to it. Smile

So, M&G. Kath and i were second in line. So we went up together. This was a mistake. My Sister dominated the entire conversation. She wouldn't shut up. lmao. She was hilarious. She walked up to David and said: David. Guess what is hotter than the Arizona heat? he said what? She said you and that one, pointing to Andy. He laughed. Then she said to Andy, how much she loves the song Story of your Life. She said how much she remembers all the words to that. Then, Stacy,, you will appreciate this one, she said i don't remeber anything of what you sing (to David). She was teasing him, and I think he took it as such. Then she continuted to say what she wanted to David. I finally interupted her and said, um Kath, we need to do the picture first. All these people are waiting for their turn. So we got a nice picture with them. And for the second picture I told the guys i wanted a silly one. I have no idea what they did.

I brought my Declaration Tour Book for the guys to sign and started to have Devin and kyle sign it, while Kath rambled. Then I got a moment with David, and i have no idea what i said at first. He looked amazing. But I finally told him how much i loved TLM and that it was more than I ever hoped for. And he said Thank you for being patient and letting me make the record i wanted to make. i told him that I heard him say how patient his fans were, and all I could think was; We were? He laughed and said well, reletively patient. HA! He was adorable.

i also said I have a request. I was going to say something about how I'd given up hope about ever hearing Let Go and then move on to the request for him to at least sing The Hand that Feeds. But Dave trance took over. I asked if The Hand that Feeds was on the set list in a hopeful tone, and he smiled and said MMMMMaybeeee. I love him.

The set list was perfect. God the energy on that stage is electric. i swear. It's even more than last tour, I think. maybe it's the new songs. It just was awesome.

I was almost in tears when he sang Fade into Me. Right before the guys were supposed to join in he told them no. He was going to continue solo, and he did. It was absolutely beautiful.

I am seriously hoping that the camera natzi's didn't get to everyone and that we get some video from this show. Becase it was amazing.

I can't wait to read everyone elses recaps. Paula, Chris, Jen and everyone else who's name escapes me at the moment, it was wonderful to meet you all. I hope you all had an amazing time.

Kath and I didn't stay for GDG. We were going to, but she wanted to see our nephew at his birthday party. So we left. My feet were hurting and so I said OK. I'm sure Gavin's set was amazing, but to be honest, I was still feeling all the energy from David's show, and i just don't think anyone could compare to that for me.

Once again, I'm sorry about the stream. I would like to try again, but next time I'm working with you mods, so I know what the hell I'm doing. Apparently seeing the show on your phone screen isn't enough.

Now, I am going to pull a David Cook, and put it behind me. it didn't work, so I'm moving on. I will just say one more I'm sorry for letting you guys down. There. I'm done. Smile

Guest Guest

Viv-thanks for the great recap! Amazing you got to hear Creep live-he is one "fucking special" guy! I hope he continues to do these VIP things & he can do "The Truth" in Greenville,SC *justsaying* Is it November 9th yet?

As far as the Ustream-thanks for trying Hug but from what I read on twitter it must have been the building structure that was making it impossible to get a signal. I know Kristen could not get one either-so no worries-so sweet of you to try for all of us.

Thanks Barb and everyone for understanding. i tried to place a call to Stacy at the end of the show in that building and that didn't work either. So, yeah.

Guys, i can't stress enough how beautiful FIM was tonight with just Dave and the guitar. it had that Lie'esc feel to it. I love FIM. His voice on that song is just GAH!

Oh, one more thing, the $75 for the M&G is TOTALLY worth it. Totally. Just sayin...

Guest Guest
Great recap, Viv! That almost covers it LOL. I had so much fun meeting you and everyone else too. I am SO glad that I went to the soundcheck! That was awesome, because as you heard, there was hardly any banter during the show. It was great to see the guys all relaxed. They discussed changing the end of one of the songs, so that was interesting to see. Monty and Andy were being smart asses (Dave said Andy was making smart ass comments to him in the secret mike.) I was so glad that we got to hear Creep! I was nervous about it at first, because there was an adorable young girl in front of me (age 3? 4?), and I was concerned about the language, but she didn't seem to notice at all. Dave was trying so hard to remember the chords and the lyrics...his face was all scrunched up in concentration. It was pretty funny. He also did Hard to Believe, Time Marches On, and Life On the Moon. More later...

Guest Guest

Another thing about soundcheck...Dave pretty much said that he was going to do Mr. Sensitive and Lie as part of the regular show, so he wouldn't do them at soundcheck. I never did get Lie at the show, though. Crying I was hoping.

When we got in line for the M&G, I met a new friend named Judy, and we agreed to help each other by taking pictures. (I was there alone since hubby was not interested in VIP...can you imagine?) She was super excited and nervous. When we started getting up there, though, they said that we could have pictures and have the guys sign things, but there was no time to chat so we would get wristbands for a M&G after the show. I was a little bummed because I couldn't stick around afterwards, but oh well.

Judy got up there and she had brought those fake glasses/big nose/mustache things for all of the guys to wear, only Dave put his on, got some of the hair in his mouth, and seriously gagged. He bolted over to a garbage can and was trying to spit it out. He was super apologetic and so was she. It was pretty hilarious. They were all good sports about it. Judy was so flustered she started making a quick exit afterwards without her camera or anything. I had to call her back. When I was up Dave was just laughing and apologizing all over the place. I hope my pic turned out.

Guest Guest
Anyway, then I went and met my husband for a bite to eat. He figured we didn't have to be there right at 6 but I'm kind of a stickler for punctuality and didn't want to risk missing anything, so thank God we showed up on time! We were shocked at how soon after 6 they started. Dave looked great as you'll see in the pictures, and I was in the third row so I think I got some decent videos before they busted me. I am uploading them now but I will probably go to bed soon, so if anyone on the east coast gets up hours before me and wants to take a peek, you can look under paulafeely on youtube. Hopefully they worked out.

One thing I am wondering about. After the amazingly gorgeous acoustic FIM, the guitar tech came out with another guitar for the next song and Dave waved him off like that was it. The lights went up and the techs started working onstage, so we left and went home...we had to get home to our kiddos. So was there really another song after that, or was FIM the final song? Did I seriously miss something there? I wonder why Dave didn't choose to do another song, and I wonder if he had been planning to do "Lie", since he had mentioned that possibility during the soundcheck. When he talked about it, he had concerns about being able to quiet down the crowd for the a capella part, but I don't think he would have had any problem...I was surprised at how empty the arena was. I'd love to hear what others thought about the lack of an encore.

Anyway, I am heading to bed, and I'm sure that other tidbits will occur to me as I'm drifting off, so I'll probably check in again in the morning.

paula, i wondered about the encore thing too. Because when he left the stage the lights didn't come on and it seemed like that for a while. Then all of a sudden they came on. he did not do another song. I wonder if he intended too and then changed his mind or couldn't? The entire day seemed to be running a bit late. The Vip thing was late, which is why they couldn't get all 80 of us through. i wonder how long after the show did it take to get everyone through. i am looking forward to more recaps. I hope Chris got her time with David. She came an awfully long way. kwim?

I'm seriously hoping someone got that FIM performance on video. i'm on a quest to find one. There has to be one. i hope.

Guest Guest

Fade Into Me

by cjom88

Awww Love

FIM Loving this song more each time I hear it but this accoustic version is just the most beautiful of all. Thanks so much for sharing.

Awww LoveAwww LoveAwww LoveAwww LoveAwww Love

DEBRA Music Makes me HAPPY

Guest Guest
Viv, thanks for trying. We totally understand that the reception was terrible and the camera nazis sucked.

Sound like you and Paula both had an amazing time!

Guest Guest

Oh my lord! Acoustic FIM was unbelievable!!! Awww Love Thanks all for posting the vids so quickly!

Also, thanks Viv and Paula for your recaps. So happy that you had such a wonderful time Very Happy

Guest Guest

I did think of a couple more things to mention:
- When David changed the words to "Creep", much of it was because he was singing that Monty was a creep, so he was changing the pronouns appropriately. It was funny.
- During the show, I was wishing that I could hear Andy's vocals better because I LOVE his voice, but I could really barely hear him. On my videos, I could hear him much better.
- My husband is awed by Kyle, and thinks that he's the best one in the band. He really enjoyed him. He was also impressed by how well Dave did, and he loves Dave's voice...but not quite as much as I do. Very Happy
- I was thinking afterwards that I should have had my husband do the filming, since he is taller and because he's not as into it as I am. Why didn't I think of that sooner? It was kind of nice, though, because he kept an eye out for security, and I did cut off a couple of my vids because they were making the rounds.
- Dave is skinny!

He is skinny. I noticed that too. He has these tiny little hips. lol

Anyone see a video for The Hand that Feeds yet?

Hi everyone :
I'll make a quick recap and as soon as I get home I'll come back to make a full one.
We are at the end of the line and we ended waiting for having the regular M&G after show.
And it was AWESOME !!! So f***ing special !!!!! Heart
Only 20 ppl or so - we have as much time as we want to talk to him and the band.
David was so relaxed and happy ! He hugged me 3 times and was so sweet and nice - unforgettable.
Then the post-show M&G started and we got it too for free as a "treat" - and got in first than the people who bought the merchandise package.
And it's even better than the official one, David and Gavin made a lot of goofy stuff and were having lots of fun with each other.
I got 3 photos with them - doing funny faces.
I had a blast.
I loved Gavin - his show was awesome and he is a cutie, nice, funny and very handsome guy. I'm now a fan !!

It's awesome to meet Viv, Paula and Jennifer - and a lot of other friends from facebook and twitter !!!

@vsteph1 wrote:
He is skinny. I noticed that too. He has these tiny little hips. lol

Anyone see a video for The Hand that Feeds yet?

Very skinny !!!
Viv I think Paula has this video.

Chris, thanks for posting. i was getting ready to send out the Cavalry. Actually I was going to PM you to see if you were OK. lol

I can't wait for your full recap. I'm curious. Did he look the way you expected him to look?

I finally have a minute to come on and say how amazing the night was.

Just real quick before I go crazy I want to thank everyone who asked about my daughter last night. She is doing better and may possibly be going home today or tomorrow. She will have to be on a breathing machine for the time being to help her finishing to recover.

Chris - I now wish I would have stayed to see him after the show. But I really needed to see my daughter in the hospital and see my other three little ones that were waiting up for me. Maybe next time Smile Did everyone who didn't get into the M&G before get their chance? You said there was only 20 or so people. I hope everyone who paid for the first M&G got their chance.

The sound check was AWESOME!!! I was trying my hardest to get his attention. So I waved my hands and jumped up and down....he finally picked me. I asked for TMO, someone then yelled out for "Creep" which was awesome. The Kermit ending was the best. I thought for sure my request wasn't going to happen but then he did sing TMO to finish the sound check. Onto the M&G....Although the M&G was rushed and we didn't get much time, I still LOVED meeting him for the first time. I had a tote that I had ironed on one of the pictures from the Columbus show. I wanted him and all the guys to sign it. Dave remembered what show it was taken at. It was so cool. He asked me how I was doing, I didn't by all means want to give him a sob story, but I was honest. I told him things could be better. I shortly explained about my daughter and that I was thankful for the opportunity to finally meet him. He thanked me and my hubby for coming and told us "God bless you for being here." He kept thanking us for coming. I kept telling him thanking him for the chance to meet him.

The show was great. He sang my favorite song from David Cook....Bar-Ba-Sol!!! There was a ton of Gavin fans around me. I was the only one standing in my aisle for the first couple songs. That was fine with me! Very Happy I really would have liked more banter but darn venue rules kept that from happening. At the end when he threw out the guitar picks, I was hoping to get one. My hubby noticed that one flew the the right of us. He had planned to find one. Well the Gavin fans behind us found it first. We were sitting there looking around and the woman taps me on the shoulder and gives me the pick!!! I was so excited!!!

All and all it was a great night. I am thankful to be able to share all of the this with you wonderful women! It was a nice break that I greatly needed. I do have some pics but I won't be able to share then until we get back home. My netbook isn't to good at uploading. My hubby was shocked when he sang "Hand That Feeds". He attempted to record but got caught. I will post what he got also when I get home.

It was nice to meet all of you wonderful ladies. I hope the next time he makes it this way I will be able to go and see him again!

Jen, I loved your recap. I'm so glad I got a chance to meet you. I can't wait to see everyone's pics if they ever post them.

More importantly: YAY for your daughter getting to come home!!!!

it was nice meeting your husband. I know he loved The Hand that Feeds (like me Smile ) But did he enjoy the rest of the show?

Ugh. Sooooo not into skinny guys. I like a guy who looks like he can overpower me. Not one that I can beat at arm wrestling without breaking a sweat. (And I'm little so this really isn't asking too much, LOL).

Sounds like a great show, though! I too am puzzled by venues being so strict with videos. WTH?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.