Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/23/11 - Phoenix AZ, Arizona State Fair Concert

Thanks so much for the pictures and recaps. It's great to be able to live vicariously through all of you!

Chris, I totally understand why you didn't shoot more videos. I'd be the same way....just wanting to stand there and enjoy the show. (Of course, in my case, there's also the fact that my camera is terrible, so you guys wouldn't be missing anything anyway, LOL).

@vsteph1 wrote:
@Piper wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:
Lol. I just got a look at my avi, and I guess I forgot which pic it was, and i kinda gasped.

Viv this photo was took by Sheri (the lady than went with me at the show) at Sacramento.

Just out of curiousity, Chriis, how many Sheri's do you know? lol Is the picture taker for my avi one of the Sheri's I met this weekend? or is it another Sheri? Either way, tell her her picture rocks!

It's the one you met last weekend. Smile))

[img] pa230311.jpg[/img]

[img] pa230312.jpg[/img]

Going through the pictures I found a couple more I wanted to share. David and Devin. Then David singing FIM at the end of the show.

Guest Guest

The lighting in your pics is amazing, Jeniffer! Thanks for posting them Very Happy

Jen, I so love the one with David and Devin.

I sure hope he stays with the group. I really like him.

Chris, did I miss your recap?

Sorry for the delay...

I tried not to be repetitive in my recap since Viv and Jennifer had already done great recaps on the show, but don't know if I was successful.

Sorry for the long recap but it's not only the recap of a show – but more than anything, a recap of a great dream that came true so suddenly and amazingly!

1. It was hot as hell outside – the sun was really burning – when we arrived at the fair about 1:30 pm.
We went to the will-call booth and there's a small line and no info about when they will start to give the VIP laminates. So we decided - to kill time - to go inside the Venue (Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum) which is nicely refrigerated. They had there some expositions and also a bar.
While we were at the bar drinking a cold beer we could listen Gavin's Sound Check almost perfectly – and he sounded great.

2. They started to give the laminates almost at 3 pm and we needed to wait till almost 4 pm to be admitted to the Sound Check. There're 80 people with VIP. (So much people for a few time IMO).
While we are waiting – trying to get a shadow to escape from being "COOK"ing at the sun… LOL flag … I me Vivian, Jennifer and Paula and we took the group photo – it's awesome to meet them!! Group Hug1Awww Love
I also met some Facebook and Twitter friends who recognized me cause I told them I'd be with the Brazilian flag hung at my bag. It's awesome to put a face at so many friends I got because of David!
#1 great moment of the day!

3. When we were admitted at the Sound Check (about 4 pm) the guys were already at the stage and my heart was pounding – after more than 2 years I was able to see Dave and the guys on the stage again.
They started with Hard to Believe (it sounded amazing live).
Then Dave - who was at a great mood, smiley, talkative, dorky – asked us what we wanna have at the sound check…. The people started to ask (I asked for TMAIA) for songs… someone asked for Dare You to Move; David laughed and said it took him one week to learn this song and one hour to forget… LMAO…. One of my friends and other ones asked for TINTLT and he told they're still trying to set an arrangement for this song that could be used live, since it has some sound effects made in the studio that they still could not reproduce.
Someone asked for LOTM and they sang.
He also made some chords of Billie Jean introduction but soon stopped.
Some people asked for Creep(me included) – but I would never imagine he could ever consider to play it.
He said, smiling, so you know this song has some bad words? And he laughed.
And then he started to play the first chords of Creep and I thought he'd make the same as BJ – stop after a few seconds… But he didn't – for our surprise and total amazement! He changed the lyrics to play with Monty (telling he was the Creep) and Monty grabbed a water bottle and almost spilled at Dave's head! LOL flag
We were all in total awe! Thud
#2 great moment of the day!
Then he sang TMO – which someone else had asked – and it's awesome – made have chills!

4. Then they finished and David told he'd going to meet us soon at the M&G place.
We left the area near the stage and went in line to the M&G – which started about 4:30 pm.
Me and my friends decided to stay at the end because one of them who has already made one M&G at Tulsa said it'd better be one of the last ones, cause we could have a better chance to spend more time with them if there's some time left.
I was in line when Jennifer left the M&G and I came to her to ask about it – she was so happy (in cloud #9) and astonished she'd finally meet him – and she gave me a big hug !!! She's adorable!!! Hug
About 5:30 there were still about 30 people to do the M&G, we included. Wade the guy who organizes the M&G (a nice, polite guy…) told us the band needed to get ready to the show and there will be no time to do all the M&G before, so the ones who could wait till Gavin's show end – would do the official M&G after the show and will also get the after show M&G (David&Gavin) for free as a compensation for the mishap. Some people could not wait and did it before but it's really on a hurry.
We decided to wait guessing it'll be better – and it's THE BEST DECISION EVER!
#3 great moment of the day!

5. My original seat was at Section A, row #4, center… very nice seat. But all the stars are conspiring to make my experience even better. I knew one of my friends got a front row seat, also at the center, but I thought she's going alone, but she had bought 2 seats and was not able to sell the extra one – so she gave me it as a VERY SPECIAL GIFT. So I got the F***ing #1 row center seat, something I'd never dream to get one day. Yahoo!
#4 great moment of the day!

6. When the lights went out I thought my heart will stop beating. I knew he's starting always with Circadian (which was one of my favorite TLM songs together with TMAIA – but after watching him singing it live I have no doubt it's my real #1 fav).
I prepared myself to shoot the video and started to record. The vision of David silhouette with the smoke around him, the sweet sound of the lullaby, gave me chills! After more than two long years of waiting I would finally see him on stage and singing my favorite song, it was hard to contain my excitement! I was in awe and totally forgot about the camera Nazis. Excited2DC Cheerleader
But at the middle of the first verses someone poked me at my shoulder. I thought it's the Nazis asking me to stop recording so I stopped my video Very Sad . But it's someone asking if the bag which was at someone else's seat was mine (it was) so he asked me to move it because the seat owner had arrived. I moved the bag and returned to my video shooting (I missed a couple of verses but the video still turned a nice one). Smile
I took more than 150 photos and shot the whole Paper Heart performance (I must confess it's not one of my fav songs when he first sang it. But with time it conquered my heart and live it's a blast – I loved the video I shot, and got some nice comments at YouTube).
I also shot a small video of BBS end.
My show highlights:
Circadian - Chills ...Goosebumps...pure awesomeness !!
Let me Fall for You – awesome in all aspects!
Paper Heart – this song live is something special!
The Hand that feeds – it's always amazing to see Dave rockin' hard!
Mr. Sensitive – this song will always have a very special meaning to me cause it's the very first song I saw him performing at my #1 show in Sacramento.
Fade into Me (acoustic) – no words could be able to describe how beautiful it is… his tender beautiful voice sounding so clear without any other sound besides the acoustic guitar. It's the perfect ending for a perfect night.
But it turned even better, when he throws his picks one of them fell at my feet – so I got it (something I always dreamed to have).

#5 great moment of the day!

7. I went out of the venue during the intermission before Gavin's show to buy something to drink and visit the merchandise booth. I bought a "4 letter word" baseball t-shirt of David and Gavin's new CD (since I was going to meet him after show).
When I came back to the venue Gavin was already on the stage. I seated and started to watch the show without so much involvement – but the guy quickly got me… OMG he is awesome – he owns the stage – his songs are so catchy! When I realized I was stand up enjoying his show as if I was a real fan (and I turned into his fan, indeed) and was so happy to be able to see him performing and that I'd meet him too at the end of the show. He was a very nice treat at a DAVEnight which was already amazing.
#6 great moment of the day!

8. Gavin's show ended and Wade (the VIP guy – he is a cute !) came and organized us at a line, separated from the after-show M&G (the one the people who bough the merchandise pack got). We are going to have our official M&G with David and the band before them.
We entered the backstage area – there're already some staff guys loading the instruments and all the stage stuff at some truck.
He forwarded us to a tent and we stood there in line waiting for them.
There're only 20 people or so at the line.
About a couple of minutes later they came – David ahead of all, sipping something at a paper cup, wearing his well-know skeleton hoodie.
He was so relaxed and smiley – irradiating happiness at his face. He talked to us thanking for being patience and understanding the situation.
And the M&G started.
It's the coolest stuff ever… not like a formal event but quite as a great meeting among friends.
That made everyone so relaxed that all the nervous about meeting him - if there was any - was gone.
Each one had a lot of time to talk to him and the guys, gave them more than one thing to sign (usually at the M&G they limited at 1 thing to ask him to sign).

9. My turn came.
I first talked to Kyle and gave him congrats for his baby girl, told him she was precious, he smiled and I gave him a hug.
The next in line was Andy – he looked at me seeming to recognize me. (Now I think it's could be because I was at the first row and singing along all the songs at full throttle, and I caught him staring at me a couple of times during the show and smiling).
Anyway I asked him if he remembered to had met me at the THH show last June. He smiled and I gave him a hug.
I gave him 2 Album covers to sign (THH and Luna Despierta).
Dave was the next. I don't know if I'd be able to describe with mere words what happened inside me – even reproduce the precise words we talked to each other, but I'd try to give you the closest version.
He has that gorgeous sweet smile at his face.
I told him that I live in Brazil and went there only to meet him.
He looked deep into my eyes, his eyes shining even more than usual and his face had an expression both of amazement and disbelief – he was really caught by surprise.
He told something like: WOW, you're awesome for doing this …this is so sweet…
And pulled me and hugged me – a very warm hug. Melt
#7 great moment of the day!

I told him he needs to come to Brazil, that he has a lot of Brazilian fans who loves him but are not able to do like me and fly to US to see him.
He told me he knows about this and he wants to come here and there's some people trying to manage some tour dates abroad.
I gave him TLM and TQN covers to sign and while he was doing it I went to talk to Devin and Monty.
I told Devin – nice to meet you Devin, welcome to the band and hugged him.
Next was Monty, I said Hi Monty and asked if he remembered to meet me at Andy's show last June, and hugged him also.
Then I came back to Dave.
I told him his music is a blessing at my life.
David became amazed, astonished, his eyes sparkling of emotion, it took some seconds till he could be able to say something.
He said: You made me blush… what you'd said…this is awesome..I'm lack of words….
At a burst of emotion, I held his both hands and told him looking straight at his eyes…. you are the one who is awesome…
He gave me the most beautiful and moved smile and gave me another hug full of affection.

Then Wade asked us to pose to the official photo. He put his arm around my shoulder and I put mine around his wrist and we got to be very close to each other.
After the photo was taken I told him he had promised to come to Brazil and I'd charge the promise. He laughed and pointed one of his staff guys and told me – he's in charge of this.
I asked him if I could hug him again on behalf of all my friends that could not be there to meet him. He smiled and said… of course dear… and we hugged again. Melt
#8 great moment of the day!

One of my friends who had already done 2 M&Gs used her photo of this one to take a group photo of all of us with the guys! And it turned a very cool photo.

10. We left the M&G place and stood outside waiting for David&Gavin M&G.
When all the people had already done the official M&G, they let us in again to do the after show M&G, before the people who bought the merchandise.
This time was only Dave and Gavin at the same tent… and they were behaving so dorky, having fun with each other, David mimicking the way Gavin dancing on stage.
If the first M&G was great this second one was even more cool.
The girl before me in line was talking with Dave and I'm waiting for my turn… Gavin called me to talk with him (he is a cute guy… awww) and I told him I had come from Brazil to the show, and he told WOW… and I told him that I asked Dave to come to Brazil and I wish he could come too…that he has fans here… he asked me how many are them and I told him I didn't know it, but there're a lot of them. I give him a hug and his album cover to sing.
It's Dave's turn again.
He looked at me with a funny smile at his face and said: Think I know you from somewhere and gave the cutest laugh and gave me another hug (the fourth of the night… Very Happy ).
I gave him my VIP laminate to sign and my Iphone cover.
My camera was with one of Gavin's staff guys who was in charge to take photos.
A girl was talking with Gavin, so the guy took a photo only of me with David.
Then I asked him to take another one with both Gavin and David.
And this turned into the coolest photos ever… the two guys making funny dorky faces… so adorable. (one of them is my current avi... Heart )
Before I left, David smiled to me and asked me with the funniest face ever:
One more hug?
Of course dear
I said.
And this last hug turned at the most affectionate and long lasting of all hugs we gave.
It's like a hug between two friends that say goodbye and will miss each other.
#THE BEST MOMENT OF THE DAY ! MeltAwww Love

Everything that happened in the two M&Gs surpassed all my dreams, not only by the time I spent by his side, but mainly by the intensity and emotion of these moments we shared.
I really felt special to him, not just another fan who had purchased a VIP package and was in line to talk to him.
An experience that I will hold on and treasure forever.

That is a great recap Chris. I am so happy for you. I am so glad it was better then you expected. I would have loved to stay for the after M&G but it was nice for all of my girls to see their Daddy before he went home. I hope the next time David is out this way he has another M&G.

That is a great recap Chris. I am so happy for you. I am so glad it was better then you expected. I would have loved to stay for the after M&G but it was nice for all of my girls to see their Daddy before he went home. I hope the next time David is out this way he has another M&G.

I hope you could some day get a meeting like this I had Jen .... Hug
How is your girl doing now ? I hope she's doing OK now...

Meet David was a cherished dream since he turned into my first and so far greatest idol three years ago. And this dream came true in the most beautiful and intense that I could ever imagine!

Chris, I loved reading your recap. I got teary over it. it was perfect. You're trip was soooooo worth it. You said all the things to him about how much his music meant to you, that I wanted to say, but didn't because I felt rushed and had a brain freeze. dammit. And you got hugs galore. good for you.

I wonder if David realizes how much these things mean to us. I'm not sure what he gets out of it, but to us it means the world. I hope he knows that. Some of us (not me) have been better at verbalizing it than others. I sure hope he keeps this up for the second (or 3rd?) leg of the tour. We have had so much to say to him over the last 3 years, and not much of a chance to do it.

I think one of the things that might have made the difference is the one on one contact with him. I will do another VIP should i get the chance and I will talk to him alone. I will do better. I am determined! lol

I loved sound check and I also like the idea of a more relaxed but yet orderly M&G. So it's not just a hundred people screaming at him like at the buses last tour. kwim.

Anyway, I'm so glad you had that day with David, and with us. It was lovely to meet you and now to put a face to all the online sharing that we all do. This truly has been a shared experience, from day 1.

@vsteph1 wrote:
Chris, I loved reading your recap. I got teary over it. it was perfect. You're trip was soooooo worth it. You said all the things to him about how much his music meant to you, that I wanted to say, but didn't because I felt rushed and had a brain freeze. dammit. And you got hugs galore. good for you.

I wonder if David realizes how much these things mean to us. I'm not sure what he gets out of it, but to us it means the world. I hope he knows that. Some of us (not me) have been better at verbalizing it than others. I sure hope he keeps this up for the second (or 3rd?) leg of the tour. We have had so much to say to him over the last 3 years, and not much of a chance to do it.

I think one of the things that might have made the difference is the one on one contact with him. I will do another VIP should i get the chance and I will talk to him alone. I will do better. I am determined! lol

I loved sound check and I also like the idea of a more relaxed but yet orderly M&G. So it's not just a hundred people screaming at him like at the buses last tour. kwim.

Anyway, I'm so glad you had that day with David, and with us. It was lovely to meet you and now to put a face to all the online sharing that we all do. This truly has been a shared experience, from day 1.

Thank You!Blow KissesHug

oh my god chris!!! That's really really awesome Clapping and insane!!
Your trip was soooo worthy! Great
Hhahaha a few weeks ago we were in the international fans thread saying how much it sucks to be an international fan and now look at you! Very Happy You have hugged him not 2 but 5 times!!! Very Happy Lucky you! You deserved it yeah I'm sure of that (:
Great Recap! I felt really like I was there too High Five!

@dinamata wrote:
oh my god chris!!! That's really really awesome Clapping and insane!!
Your trip was soooo worthy! Great
Hhahaha a few weeks ago we were in the international fans thread saying how much it sucks to be an international fan and now look at you! Very Happy You have hugged him not 2 but 5 times!!! Very Happy Lucky you! You deserved it yeah I'm sure of that (:
Great Recap! I felt really like I was there too High Five!

Thanks Dina !! You're a sweetie !! Flower BouquetHug
! I pray you could have something like this or even better, by his side... soon !! ♥

Guest Guest
Chris, Thanks for the recap! I'm glad your day was everything you hoped it would be.

justforme wrote:
Chris, Thanks for the recap! I'm glad your day was everything you hoped it would be.

Hug Thanks Barb !!! Blow Kisses

Guest Guest

Chris- Excited I loved your recap! I am so thrilled your trip was everything plus more than you hoped for! Awww Love

Guest Guest
Chris!!! I am sooooo happy that you had such a wonderful time! That is awesome!!

Chris, your recap is great! I'm happy for you and a little bit ( a lot ) jealous!
Btw, your recap is full of emotions. I smiled and also had tears in my eyes. love David. love you.

Thanks Barb, Tricia and Marina !! Group Hug1
See that you're happy for me makes the whole DAVExperience even more special !!

Guest Guest

I loved your wonderful recap, Chris but most of all I'm soooo very happy for you that your dream came true and even exceeded your expectations Heart

Next stop... a David Cook show in Brazil *crossing fingers*

Made wrote:
I loved your wonderful recap, Chris but most of all I'm soooo very happy for you that your dream came true and even exceeded your expectations Heart

Next stop... a David Cook show in Brazil *crossing fingers*

Hug Thanks Made !!! Blow Kisses
Next stop... a David Cook SOUTH AMERICA TOUR Fingers Crossed!!!Fingers Crossed!!!

Chris, I just read your recap and just so happy for you. Excited It does mean so much for the individual fan when they can meet and express how they feel to their "HERO". I'm glad that you finally got your dream and I hope that Dave does an international tour soon so others can have such an experience.

Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2

DEBRA

@dsil wrote:
Chris, I just read your recap and just so happy for you. Excited It does mean so much for the individual fan when they can meet and express how they feel to their "HERO". I'm glad that you finally got your dream and I hope that Dave does an international tour soon so others can have such an experience.

Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2

DEBRA

Thanks Debra !!! HugBlow Kisses

@vsteph1 wrote:
Can we go back and relive last Sunday? PLEEEASE!!

Yeahhhhhh Vivian.... High Five!
It ran soooo damn fast didn't it ?
I cannot wait to get another awesome DAVErdose again and again !!! Please!Fingers Crossed!!!
Group Hug1 And met my dear friends again !!! Group Hug1

Aww Chris!! I cannot every put into words how happy I am for you!! What an amazing experience!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with us!!! And you got some really cool pictures and video. So, I'm thinking that your Dave High may just last an entire month! LOL

This is one of the things I missed so much - the recaps - and the really amazing, touching recaps like Chris's, and the funny, dave-tranced ones that have been shared by so many. It's kind of like we were all there with you, and we all share and revel in the experiences. I'm so glad tour is back!!! Group Hug1

@pn112 wrote:
Aww Chris!! I cannot every put into words how happy I am for you!! What an amazing experience!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with us!!! And you got some really cool pictures and video. So, I'm thinking that your Dave High may just last an entire month! LOL

This is one of the things I missed so much - the recaps - and the really amazing, touching recaps like Chris's, and the funny, dave-tranced ones that have been shared by so many. It's kind of like we were all there with you, and we all share and revel in the experiences. I'm so glad tour is back!!! Group Hug1

HugBlow Kisses Thanks Peggy !!
I know how happy you are for me... and my amazing DAVExperience....
If you want to see all my photos... I have them all at this facebook album: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2580961609199.2149394.1409204139&type=1

Chris I don't know what to say except that im so so happy that your Dreams Finally came true for you . I loved your recap and as Viv I Cried such an Amazing experiance for you and to get all those hugs Man oh man i would of Passed out on the spot. Can't wait for my M&G im sure it won't be as good as yours but i have met David on The Idol Tour so i know all too well about the trances and Dave Highs and that day will always be in my Heart and Mind till im no longer here. I Know this will stay with you for ever too. Your Pictures are Great too. You look so happy and pretty in them and the joy of it all is written all over your happy face Very HappyVery HappyHugHugHugBlow KissesBlow KissesBlow Kisses

@jmbdog5 wrote:
Chris I don't know what to say except that im so so happy that your Dreams Finally came true for you . I loved your recap and as Viv I Cried such an Amazing experiance for you and to get all those hugs Man oh man i would of Passed out on the spot. Can't wait for my M&G im sure it won't be as good as yours but i have met David on The Idol Tour so i know all too well about the trances and Dave Highs and that day will always be in my Heart and Mind till im no longer here. I Know this will stay with you for ever too. Your Pictures are Great too. You look so happy and pretty in them and the joy of it all is written all over your happy face Very HappyVery HappyHugHugHugBlow KissesBlow KissesBlow Kisses

Thanks Jan !! You're a sweet nice friend... and your comments made me so moved.... Crying ... HugBlow Kisses
It's unbelievable.... surprisingly... awesome... sweet... funny... all the best !

And I'm sure your M&G will be as awesome as mine !!
Cannot wait to read you recap !!
Uber hugBlow KissesHug

Guest Guest
The all videos thread has been updated for this show. You can find it HERE.

Guest Guest
Awesome photos by livehead 16 can be found HERE.

I think we don't have this Circadian from my friend hunters627- it's awesome !

Guest Guest
I already had that one in the videos thread, Chris. A few of her videos, actually. She got some good vids!

More photos I took - during his FIM awesome performance

dsc03822.jpg
 dsc03823.jpg
 dsc03824.jpg

Love the lighting in those FIM pics! Lighting like that always makes him look angelic. Even when he's singing about sex, LOL.

I removed the camera noise at this photo, which I think is one of my best from the show:

dsc03712.jpg

Wow Chris, I just read your recap! Your experience truly sounds like a dream come true. I'm happy for you my friend! Awww Love

All those hugs.... Thud!

Chris, love the newest pics! I call David my ANGEL Angel Love and the pics show why. The lighting catches him so beautifully.

DEBRA

I'm a silly old lady.... I've just read all this thread and got emotional again... Crying
Oh God how I miss Dave ! Melt
How I need to relive this amazing experience !! Please!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.