Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moufisto

Zelda/Promotions

Zelda might be our safest option right now. She can't bring up problems nor can solve them without demoting herself. She always need someone else to do something which is what you need to do when you up there.

The only thing I don't want to see is Zelda and Kev admin. Zelda relies on Kev and it can turn really bad.

It's Zelda or Kev, not both.

Lock out that selfdemote argh. And yea either way its a safe idea for
Now

o// Ericacti \\o wrote:
Zelda might be our safest option right now. She can't bring up problems nor can solve them without demoting herself. She always need someone else to do something which is what you need to do when you up there.

The only thing I don't want to see is Zelda and Kev admin. Zelda relies on Kev and it can turn really bad.

It's Zelda or Kev, not both.

This is an odd issue.
Of course, kevin will have influence on the situation, and he may influence zelda.
but, i don't see why this is such a bad thing.

Even if kevin gets admin, he's not a bad admin. It's unnecessary for kevin to be admin since he hasn't been in much until now, and it seems some people have issues with him.

As for them both being admin, i agree. one or the other. Kevin, if he's in more. Zelda, if kevin isn't. I have no issues with kevin helping or influencing zelda, again. he's a good influence as far as i'm aware.

Again. It's an odd one.

On that note, g'night. geek

Moufisto wrote:
@Frogger
You're making shit up. Don't make shit up. If you've got a problem, you say so, don't whine about shit behind my back.

Look, i know you're a veteran and have been here longer than most, if not all of us.
But from how things are looking here, none of us among the mods are in as much as she is.
She may be 13 but i haven't had a reason not to trust her up until now.
and i know admin is supposed to be that 'unreachable' rank, but 2 of our admins seem to be out of AITM now. (Sharoks case i'm not sure about.) So it was just me, and i'm not around enough to be satisfactory as an 'active' moderator.

Frankly, i don't know anyone else more fit for it right now. Neutral

-------------------

Hold on. That's the point of the post. T_T
It's an apology, I'm not making stuff up. It's an apology for saying stuff behind your guys' back. Therefore I am not making it up. PLEASE know all the details before attacking me. Afterwards, I changed my mind and saw that it was the best thing to do. ALSO, if I was able to be in contact with you I would've talked to you about it. I know that her promotion was a good decision though, and am happy it happened. I knew it wouldn't happen to me for various reasons and so I accepted it. The fact that I disapproved of it was impulse reaction, it was not thought through. Thus is why I posted an apology.

Guest Snowy
stop using the self demote against me, and for the record. For anyone that is worried about my computer being taken away again. I don't know if you remember this, but me still being on the server. Why or how? I snuck on, I was willing to risk up everything still so I can still be on the server. I wasn't on a lot sure. But I was still on the server, period.

Guest Snowy
DemonicD3 wrote:
Kev, lol. He posted complaints to her becoming a admin and he suggested his reasons for it. If that hurts Zelda than that's tough but if we all held our tongue at everybody that was suggested for promotion... well do I really need to say more or do you get that point? I get why you're so defensive for her but if she wants to be a admin than this is the sort of thing she needs to get use to.

Being a admin is not going to be all rainbows and sunshine. Shes got a lot of responsability on her shoulders. Zhuge was merely stating that it may be to much responsability for a 13 year old girl. Let alone giving one that much power. I have trust in Zelda as I am sure Zhuge does to but if experience counts for anything, age does not mix well with positions and responsability. Expecially that of a admin.

If Mouf seriously had nobody else to consider for the position than by all means, Zelda should get the job but the fact and arguement here is that logically she shouldn't get the position, atleast if shes going to be soloing the thing for awhile. As per another thing zhuge mentioned, zelda's past of having her PC getting taken away by her parents. What exactly happens when mouf is not around as much and puts all faith in zelda and one day zelda gets her PC taken away? Will be leaving AITM and any remaining active experts in the wind.

Also you guys mention the same old thing of her being active, having a active admin is great but have you guys even considered if she can actually do the job? Let alone actually wants it? I am not entirely sure what the full responsability of a admin is but one thing I know is it involved maintaining the server to make sure its always working and that all worlds are working good. Does she know how to do that? I am not sure because I said before, shes a active MODERATOR a REALLY active one but shes never been the one to take the initative to pickup the slack of any admins. Something I've seen zhuge do practicly every week (why I mentioned him). Again, as I said. I have no issue with her being admin, I just think you're promoting her for the wrong reasons and passing up people who you know can do that job (if they are still active). They don't have to be on everyday, just know how to take care of the responsabilities that are entitled to the job and the maturity the be basicly the supreme authority in the server.

Okay for one kevin and Demonic I was not hurt my zhuge's comments/reasons. I respect you decisions on what happens to me in this server

you werent?

<.<

tough girl.

now feed tzeentch

btw thank you for making me build something new <.<

What a thread...

Okay, everyone should calm down first of all. If this admin issue is troublesome to so many people, then what do you all say about removing the rank itself?

To be fair, I don't see why zelda needed to be promoted to begin with. Mouf, you say she is a great moderator and is incredibly active on the server, but does she really need access to commands like restart/shutdown, etc? What about the times she's been banned from using the computer? There's always a possibility of these things happening again. Keep in mind zelda also seems hesitant about the rank responsibilities (and the situation as a whole). pale

Let's remove the rank. The "admins" will just be moved to GM.
Experts practically have full control. I mean, they did before we had an admin rank and it worked quite well, did it not?
Zhuge wrote:
i dont care bout admin but i prefer there be none but a console of eldars instead ie experts

I've been toying around with the idea of new ranks.
Let me know what you guys think.

grandmaster <-- The real admin rank, all cmds
    expert <-- All cmds except editplayerdb, bringall, import, reload, shutdown/restart
  • veteran <-- Rank for retired experts, same cmds except say, bring, mute, setspawn, lock, manage worlds
    adept
  • artisan <-- Mason w/ kick & patrol, for the trustworthy
    mason
    pupil
  • rookie <--Novice w/ tp, placewater & placegrass, for those novices you can trust and haven't reached 6 hours
    novice
  • outcast <-- For the banned/annoyances, strips them of all powers except chat

drunken

Guest Snowy
I think that sounds cool Razz

as you wish.

in meanwhile i guess i play
Some people play chess with reality and manipulate events and people like chess pieces, others play pool/billiards with it, moving things along like a cue ball and cue stick, others play poker with the universe, bluffing and cajoleing things to receive favorable outcomes, other play roulette with the cosmos, making all the little movements needed for that lucky roll. But Tzeentch, Tzeentch does it all at once in the nightmarish game of Paradox Poker-Pool-Roulette-Chess or PPPRC, a game that only a true master of dickery and the ability to perceive the past, future, and present can really play without looking like a massive tool.

Outcast and rookie are kindof too much. The other ranks are all good except for colors ;

grandmaster
    expert
  • veteran <--- Lime color maybe? Eww, maybe not. Well, not green Razz
    adept
  • artisan
    mason
    pupil
    novice

agreed outcast automatically goes out the chute.

quesition though for those people who made admin zones/worlds etc what will happen when rank gets kaput?
also..

hmm make vet above expert or make them equal so we wont have promote/demote issues for activity

These rank ideas are cool IMO.
Outcast I think is something we don't need. We have a nuisance, we ban. No need to keep them on the server.
As for rookie, I like that. It gives new players who actually want to build a bit more tools at their disposal.
My approval goes for the rest of the ranks. Good ideas ^^

o// Ericacti \\o wrote:
Outcast and rookie are kindof too much. The other ranks are all good except for colors ;

grandmaster
    expert
  • veteran <--- Lime color maybe? Eww, maybe not. Well, not green Razz
    adept
  • artisan
    mason
    pupil
    novice
Lime green was what I initially went with, but I didn't see it in the drop down menu. Then I realized you can set the color using color codes. Also the colors don't look as bad as they did before because you can change the color scheme to beta in the WoM client, anyway.
Zhuge wrote:
quesition though for those people who made admin zones/worlds etc what will happen when rank gets kaput?
also..

hmm make vet above expert or make them equal so we wont have promote/demote issues for activity
Admin zones and worlds will get pushed down to expert. I can't make the ranks equal, but the order shouldn't really matter.

Okay, so outcast is useless. tongue

Guest Snowy
cool idea onion ;D

masteronion wrote:
What a thread...

Okay, everyone should calm down first of all. If this admin issue is troublesome to so many people, then what do you all say about removing the rank itself?

To be fair, I don't see why zelda needed to be promoted to begin with. Mouf, you say she is a great moderator and is incredibly active on the server, but does she really need access to commands like restart/shutdown, etc? What about the times she's been banned from using the computer? There's always a possibility of these things happening again. Keep in mind zelda also seems hesitant about the rank responsibilities (and the situation as a whole). pale

Let's remove the rank. The "admins" will just be moved to GM.
Experts practically have full control. I mean, they did before we had an admin rank and it worked quite well, did it not?
Zhuge wrote:
i dont care bout admin but i prefer there be none but a console of eldars instead ie experts

I've been toying around with the idea of new ranks.
Let me know what you guys think.

grandmaster <-- The real admin rank, all cmds
    expert <-- All cmds except editplayerdb, bringall, import, reload, shutdown/restart
  • veteran <-- Rank for retired experts, same cmds except say, bring, mute, setspawn, lock, manage worlds
    adept
  • artisan <-- Mason w/ kick & patrol, for the trustworthy
    mason
    pupil
  • rookie <--Novice w/ tp, placewater & placegrass, for those novices you can trust and haven't reached 6 hours
    novice
  • outcast <-- For the banned/annoyances, strips them of all powers except chat

drunken

Alright. Lets see how it goes. geek

as long as we can fix this whole no-promotions crap that's been flying around.
i hate it when i see masons with 100+ hours. -.-

EDIT: also we'll need to make new rank requirements.

I like the idea but I also liked the idea of admin. It was a rank that could actively keep experts in check. A rank for the complete trustworthy. Why not keep the rank except not promote into it. Whenever the admins get on which seems to be mouf and by some miracle if sharok ever comes back or eric. They can keep the experts in check, make sure they are doing there jobs and without abuse. Whenever they are inactive it would be like your idea which is putting complete faith in experts.

I think it's more safer because in the past there has been mix up's with experts, even some that have been abusive. It was always dealt with by a admin. Idk things just seemed to be a good balance with both experts and admins. Experts do a lot of the moderating, adepts do there whole moderating in training thing where they can follow people and check for griefing. Kick them and report them and admins just made sure the mod ranks did there job and wasn't abusing there powers. It was a good balance, it's expecially great for new experts to see how they handle there new powers.

Whichever is good, atleast this topics making progress now. *bows to onion*.

DemonicD3 wrote:
I like the idea but I also liked the idea of admin. It was a rank that could actively keep experts in check. A rank for the complete trustworthy. Why not keep the rank except not promote into it. Whenever the admins get on which seems to be mouf and by some miracle if sharok ever comes back or eric. They can keep the experts in check, make sure they are doing there jobs and without abuse. Whenever they are inactive it would be like your idea which is putting complete faith in experts.

I think it's more safer because in the past there has been mix up's with experts, even some that have been abusive. It was always dealt with by a admin. Idk things just seemed to be a good balance with both experts and admins. Experts do a lot of the moderating, adepts do there whole moderating in training thing where they can follow people and check for griefing. Kick them and report them and admins just made sure the mod ranks did there job and wasn't abusing there powers. It was a good balance, it's expecially great for new experts to see how they handle there new powers.

demon, onion said the admins promoted by him will be promoted to grandmaster Razz

also, I like the new rank ideas, outcast isn't needed
I like rookie, artisan and veteran
thanks for solving this onion

kevinsweijen wrote:
DemonicD3 wrote:

demon, onion said the admins promoted by him will be promoted to grandmaster Razz

also, I like the new rank ideas, outcast isn't needed
I like rookie, artisan and veteran
thanks for solving this onion

Must have missed it.