Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moufisto

Zelda/Promotions

Zelda, if you're still on;
I want you to recommend people to be promoted.
You can suggest anyone you think be fit for adept and expert, as from what i know you have been in most.

If you have an idea on whom should be, because we really need to promote some as it's clear our staff aren't active on the whole.
^that, being a generalization. no finger pointing.

Also, Doomwatcher is promoted to Adept.

If there's an issue with this you can do as you please with him.

Guest Snowy
lol kevy, and i want to promote imphoebe to adept, permission to do so? I believe she is ready, and she has spirit. Someone give me permission XD

Guest Snowy
yes a she kevy XD and I want to promote her, NO ONE ELSE DO IT! I have to go with my mom to pick up something, I will be back!!!!

Guest Snowy
neil for a promo to adept? Him, Doom, and imp are always working together on their project on Cityville. Also Oherokon is the most active adept on aitm. Imp told me that he is leaving for July however for three weeks

Guest Snowy
kevinsweijen wrote:
also, zelda for admin?

hmmm? zhuge was talking to me about that today. Saying how the heck you have 500 something hours. He says its awkward how you got froggered and might bleed. Interesting way to put it

I told you Zelda, you have permission to assign any adepts or experts.

Oherokun to expert?

Snowy wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:
also, zelda for admin?

hmmm? zhuge was talking to me about that today. Saying how the heck you have 500 something hours. He says its awkward how you got froggered and might bleed. Interesting way to put it

We can't control this.

this is up to master onion.
I asked him about kevin and he never responded -.-

Correction:

I just promoted zelda to admin.
I can do that >__>

Guest Snowy
XD noticed

Guest Snowy
Moufisto wrote:

Oherokun to expert?

since when was i given this power

Snowy wrote:
Moufisto wrote:

Oherokun to expert?

since when was i given this power

"Zelda, if you're still on;
I want you to recommend people to be promoted.
You can suggest anyone you think be fit for adept and expert, as from what i know you have been in most."

Guest Snowy
you said suggest then you said assign O_o

Snowy wrote:
you said suggest then you said assign O_o

Petty details.

But you're right.

Well, assign it is then.

this imo is the worst fucking idea ever

ie screw the admin thing and revert it to a expert only clause.

theres no point for a solo admin.

and theres a risk if zel gets kicked off her comp.

this brings on the bigger point i talked to frogger bout this and he agrees zelda should not get admin and put it slightly should have never gone above expert

no one should that rank is useless in its current position and are you crazy?

shes 13.

ffs.

its like having a monkey manage a server.

more proof this is a bad idea

6/28/2011 11:31:12 PM Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine Eric Ma Do you know how irritating that is?
6/28/2011 11:31:18 PM Eric Ma Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine wat?
6/28/2011 11:31:21 PM Eric Ma Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine her being admin?
6/28/2011 11:31:24 PM Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine Eric Ma yes.
6/28/2011 11:31:26 PM Eric Ma Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine yes
6/28/2011 11:31:29 PM Eric Ma Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine worst idea ever
6/28/2011 11:31:33 PM Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine Eric Ma Agreed.
6/28/2011 11:32:03 PM Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine Eric Ma Adept Very Happy Expert Neutral Admin *|

Guest Snowy
Zhuge wrote:

this brings on the bigger point i talked to frogger bout this and he agrees zelda should not get admin and put it slightly should have never gone above expert

shes 13.

ffs.

6/28/2011 11:31:12 PM Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine Eric Ma Do you know how irritating that is?
6/28/2011 11:32:03 PM Frogger Four-Hundred-Nine Eric Ma Adept Very Happy Expert Neutral Admin *|

lol ok for one I don't care WHATSOEVER my rank, just if I am on the server. And what does age have anything to do with this, guys. And I am not 13 O_O If you guys didn't aprove of me being an expert then why promote me. I don't care about my rank like I said, so if I haven't been demoted yet, then I am demoting myself to expert. And if you guys HONESTLY have a problem about me a 12 year old girl being an expert, just tell me so I can go back to adept. I don't want this drama. I just want to have fun on the server.

Zelda

Guest Snowy
thanks for the confidence and support for whoever in that message (Don't rly understand who is saying what)
that didn't want me expert. REALLY helpful

Guest Snowy
real nice froggy, might as well go back to adept <.< I dont care

Zhuge wrote:

shes 13.

ffs.

Ignored Very Happy

You're arguement is purely on her age, She isn't a solo admin as i check up on the server occasionally, and i don't EVER see you guys moderating, so you and frogger, can all fuck off until i see you guys back in the server as much as she is, or until she does something that would make me think twice about this.

You've got nothing, Frogger and Z. Nothing.

Get back to me when you have some concrete reasons why i shouldn't let her be admin.

You're just both mad because you didn't get admin before she did. -.-

Snowy wrote:

*Facepalm + massive sigh*

Thanks zelda, that's real encouraging.

Wanna be an adept again?

Evil or Very Mad

mouf we dont give a shit about being admin its just shes solo with you quiting

this further proves my point that admin is a tricky issue and thus should be locked for everyone ACCORDING TO ONION

the key note is onion told me about not getting anymore admins.

you crossed the line mouf.

and thus so did we.

Guest Snowy
So much drama.... I feel like the cause of this

Hey, Yes I still check the forums every now and again to check up on you all. Not often but enough to read this topic. If my opinion means anything anyways, there is no issue with Zelda being Admin. It is my understanding that Eric is quitting or atleast going inactive and Frogger and zhuge aren't on as much as Zelda. There really is no choice.

Though you have to admit that zhuge brings up some good points, I've been a gamer for a long time. Since I was a kid. Giving kids or teens complete authority always leads to drama. I've always thought Zelda acted well for her age, infact better than some adults in that power position. I think shes perhaps capable of doing the job correctly but still, age is always a issue. TBH I always thought zhuge would be the first admin, not because of all his hours and bans/kicks but because of his knowledge of how to run the server and the willingness to actually do it (like a admin should).

Of my time being back, I've seen zelda take little server responsibility. It was always zhuge or eric fixing up the server. Zelda is a good moderator but the admin position I think should go towards somebody who takes more initiative in regards to the maintenance of the server. Zhuge would be at the top of the list but not sure if he wants it or has time for it. There was somebody else taking initiative for the server I forget who. Point being, zelda is a good person and moderator. If you truely have nobody else than go for it but I think you have far stronger selections to choose from... again if my opinion does mean anything.

*EDIT* Also zelda don't hate me for this, as stated above. I think you're a great moderator, I have no issues with you or if you do become a admin. I think you would do alright or atleast I hope. My whole thing was just to say that you are more of a moderator than anything else, that there are people who fit more in the rank (people who actively take the initiative to maintain the server)

Guest Snowy
Moufisto wrote:
Snowy wrote:

*Facepalm + massive sigh*

Thanks zelda, that's real encouraging.

Wanna be an adept again?

Evil or Very Mad

Sorry.... I didn't mean to get you mad..... I just... *sigh* This is so confusing

*sigh*
This wasn't supposed to get like this.
I wish to make amends for the hurt my words obviously caused.
I know what I said about not wanting you to be admin offended you Zellie, and I apologize for that. I was jealous and so I spoke without thinking. I'm sorry. I will admit I did not expect that decision, but anyway, I have decided to just wait and see how it goes. I think that would be better than the arguing that's been going on. Again, I apologize for my rudeness and hope I am forgiven.

-Frogger409-

@Frogger
You're making shit up. Don't make shit up. If you've got a problem, you say so, don't whine about shit behind my back.

Look, i know you're a veteran and have been here longer than most, if not all of us.
But from how things are looking here, none of us among the mods are in as much as she is.
She may be 13 but i haven't had a reason not to trust her up until now.
and i know admin is supposed to be that 'unreachable' rank, but 2 of our admins seem to be out of AITM now. (Sharoks case i'm not sure about.) So it was just me, and i'm not around enough to be satisfactory as an 'active' moderator.

Frankly, i don't know anyone else more fit for it right now. Neutral

-------------------
@Demonic

Noted.
Who would you advise among those who are active.. seeing as "If you truely have nobody else than go for it but I think you have far stronger selections to choose from..."

And your opinion means a lot. Don't put yourself down, you're generally the 'voice of reason'.

Apart from Z. he's in beta nowadays =.=
if he were to come in more i'd put him up though. i can't see him wanting it, with everything else that's going on though.

--------------------
@Zelda

Stop worrying, it's not you.
If anyone is gonna get into shit for this it's me.

---------------------
@Zhuge

Point taken, but again, Eric left, and sharok i haven't seen in aitm for a while.
Unless you want a solo admin, or no admin at all,
either way i could agree to which ever way it goes, but it brings us back to our old issue of whether we need an admin or not.
Yay, more arguements.

Still want kev to be Admin? Neutral

look, THIS is why I never wanted Zhuge455 to get admin, look what he did, he posted shit that can hurt a 12 year old girl, she thinks before she does something

also, Im gonna be checking on everyone once every day or every 2 days

also mouf, what you said, is precisely what I told them yesterday, they are jealous, no offense

there is nobody better than her actively online, if you guys read this thread, she is the one who received the responsibility of creating a new moderating team of experts and adepts.

Be happy for her,
I know I am

~Kevin

Kev, lol. He posted complaints to her becoming a admin and he suggested his reasons for it. If that hurts Zelda than that's tough but if we all held our tongue at everybody that was suggested for promotion... well do I really need to say more or do you get that point? I get why you're so defensive for her but if she wants to be a admin than this is the sort of thing she needs to get use to.

Being a admin is not going to be all rainbows and sunshine. Shes got a lot of responsability on her shoulders. Zhuge was merely stating that it may be to much responsability for a 13 year old girl. Let alone giving one that much power. I have trust in Zelda as I am sure Zhuge does to but if experience counts for anything, age does not mix well with positions and responsability. Expecially that of a admin.

If Mouf seriously had nobody else to consider for the position than by all means, Zelda should get the job but the fact and arguement here is that logically she shouldn't get the position, atleast if shes going to be soloing the thing for awhile. As per another thing zhuge mentioned, zelda's past of having her PC getting taken away by her parents. What exactly happens when mouf is not around as much and puts all faith in zelda and one day zelda gets her PC taken away? Will be leaving AITM and any remaining active experts in the wind.

Also you guys mention the same old thing of her being active, having a active admin is great but have you guys even considered if she can actually do the job? Let alone actually wants it? I am not entirely sure what the full responsability of a admin is but one thing I know is it involved maintaining the server to make sure its always working and that all worlds are working good. Does she know how to do that? I am not sure because I said before, shes a active MODERATOR a REALLY active one but shes never been the one to take the initative to pickup the slack of any admins. Something I've seen zhuge do practicly every week (why I mentioned him). Again, as I said. I have no issue with her being admin, I just think you're promoting her for the wrong reasons and passing up people who you know can do that job (if they are still active). They don't have to be on everyday, just know how to take care of the responsabilities that are entitled to the job and the maturity the be basicly the supreme authority in the server.

I'll make a santa list.

• You're promoting someone who doesn't want to be promoted but demoted to adept.
  • She can't handle any problems at all. (come on... if there's a problem she needs to shoot herself back to adept. This is not problem solving)
  • She's not even realiable.
  • Age do matter, trust me.
  • She has favorites.

This problem pulled me back from a 7 weeks inactivity. Must be big.

Meh. First off beta is a bit peaky atm second off talked to onion of all people he wants to add more ranks ie lower ones. Hes been messing with the equilibrium ever since there was an admin position i dont care bout admin but i prefer there be none but a console of eldars instead ie experts. Finally i dont have shit aginst you mouf but more against the admin slot that is causing this bullshit i guess i deploy the inquisition then

alright.

first things first,
Welcome back Eric.

Secondly,
Demon, suggest some people, as i asked before. You only mentioned Z. Z Z Z Z. I see... Z!! trolol-*Serious face*

Thirdly,
yeah okay. Age matters, you're right. I don't like it being a basis of the argument though.

Fourth,
Our main argument isn't only that she's more active, it's that she's one of the few people i can TRUST with such a rank. Whilst there is no true justification for this; i don't trust Z. No, i don't trust frogger to while have good intentions; to fuck things up. No, i don't trust all those active adepts and masons who most of them have 100+ hours and are denied a promotion simply because we haven't got our act together.

I have faith in zelda, whatever age she may be. Me and kevin are having thoughts on training her, so that she is able to run it.

fifth,
yeah, her being unsure is not a good sign Neutral but it's a better sign than most. I'm not going to hold it against her.. though i should.

Also, why are you all in this discussion? Eric?
Do you guys hang out in AITM much nowadays?
I must have missed you all every time i went in.
Either way, times are changing, and soon i won't be around to maintain the server.
I'm working and soon it will get full on, every day taken up.
until i manage myself anyway, i plan to be back when i get organized when that time comes.

So, i want to have someone come up to admin to take control for when i'm not around.

Now, a lot of you are denying zelda as admin. I wouldn't be having such a problem with this if you'd give me something else to go by, other decisions on how we can resolve this. right now, the only helpful one was demonic...

Infact, Demonic, you should be a candidate for this too, whether you want it or not being another issue.

----------------
Eric. Does this mean you're back, or are you just merely speculating on the situation?

Zhuge wrote:
Meh. First off beta is a bit peaky atm second off talked to onion of all people he wants to add more ranks ie lower ones. Hes been messing with the equilibrium ever since there was an admin position i dont care bout admin but i prefer there be none but a console of eldars instead ie experts. Finally i dont have shit aginst you mouf but more against the admin slot that is causing this bullshit i guess i deploy the inquisition then

Alright, you're taking it back to our previous arguement; whether we should have admincy or not.
We don't need more ranks, we just need to get our act together. We're been slacking off as mods.

o// Ericacti \\o wrote:
I'll make a santa list.

• You're promoting someone who doesn't want to be promoted but demoted to adept.
  • She can't handle any problems at all. (come on... if there's a problem she needs to shoot herself back to adept. This is not problem solving)
  • She's not even realiable.
  • Age do matter, trust me.
  • She has favorites.

This problem pulled me back from a 7 weeks inactivity. Must be big.

That's some serious bias you've got there.
Ever thought of giving her a chance? or trying to help her understand? why is she expert if she knows nothing? was that a prerequisite of admincy when i or we got it? -.-''

DemonicD3 wrote:
Kev, lol. He posted complaints to her becoming a admin and he suggested his reasons for it. If that hurts Zelda than that's tough but if we all held our tongue at everybody that was suggested for promotion... well do I really need to say more or do you get that point? I get why you're so defensive for her but if she wants to be a admin than this is the sort of thing she needs to get use to.

Being a admin is not going to be all rainbows and sunshine. Shes got a lot of responsability on her shoulders. Zhuge was merely stating that it may be to much responsability for a 13 year old girl. Let alone giving one that much power. I have trust in Zelda as I am sure Zhuge does to but if experience counts for anything, age does not mix well with positions and responsability. Expecially that of a admin.

If Mouf seriously had nobody else to consider for the position than by all means, Zelda should get the job but the fact and arguement here is that logically she shouldn't get the position, atleast if shes going to be soloing the thing for awhile. As per another thing zhuge mentioned, zelda's past of having her PC getting taken away by her parents. What exactly happens when mouf is not around as much and puts all faith in zelda and one day zelda gets her PC taken away? Will be leaving AITM and any remaining active experts in the wind.

Also you guys mention the same old thing of her being active, having a active admin is great but have you guys even considered if she can actually do the job? Let alone actually wants it? I am not entirely sure what the full responsability of a admin is but one thing I know is it involved maintaining the server to make sure its always working and that all worlds are working good. Does she know how to do that? I am not sure because I said before, shes a active MODERATOR a REALLY active one but shes never been the one to take the initative to pickup the slack of any admins. Something I've seen zhuge do practicly every week (why I mentioned him). Again, as I said. I have no issue with her being admin, I just think you're promoting her for the wrong reasons and passing up people who you know can do that job (if they are still active). They don't have to be on everyday, just know how to take care of the responsabilities that are entitled to the job and the maturity the be basicly the supreme authority in the server.

Demonic. How would you feel, to be Admin. I'm just wondering, as i said before, i'd consider you a good candidate for it too out of the lot, but i frankly have no idea how much you've been in AITM lately. Thoughts?

Also, we express the 'active' point excessively because she would know the people who are currently in AITM better than all of us right now, and that's one thing we've been lacking. we've been indecisive about who to put up and that comes down to being active ourselves, and to know these people.

Coup? Hmm most likely cause both of you went against onion this is radical guysmie what you 2 have done and shame on us for not stopping it

Last time I chEckednyou arent gm noone is therefOre Zeldas adminship is invalid or anyones for that reason infact this reason alone for prior ok from onion is enough. Mouf we need to steam latrr

Zhuge wrote:
Last time I chEckednyou arent gm noone is therefOre Zeldas adminship is invalid or anyones for that reason

Fuck off Z.

Or whoever is on his account.

Z, like seriously, you spoke to onion last night, Im sure you discussed this and zel is still admin, I think thats an approval

Alright. So after much discussion, there has been no evidence or proof to show that kevin has been 'threatening' Eric to promote zelda, so it is false.
He couldn't find the records stating anything along the lines.
Whether or not they did happen, they are to be dismissed for this.

So i don't want to hear another word of it.

Fine no keys for anyone till this is resolved since those = bribes

Zhuge wrote:
Fine no keys for anyone till this is resolved since those = bribes

Z, stop asking for a demote. Either help us with this problem, or shut up.

Alright so. Zelda, are you willing to partake as admin?
IF not, would you please suggest anyone who you trust to do a good job as moderator?
IF so, we will test this person and see if he/she is fit ourselves. we're just looking for people.

Please, don't freak out. No pressure. We've got time.

Eh? I talkrd to onion while noone else did regardless i got q for u why did you leave? And thus why a admin when aitm isnt as active as before we need to get this resolved and heres my proposal as before kill the admin rank since it is the source of many issues regardless of whoever gets admin next it still will be a power struggle