Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

well if BG was flying into Los Angeles she just may very well have experienced her first earthquake. They had a 5.something last night

really?
When I'm over there next year - Mindy said I should go and visit her in LA.

I saw that... too bad you don't drive. you're going to be all over the US Is it that you never learned? or just don't have a car?

I have a license but I have not driven for about 14 years so I dare not to.

also I only drove for few months after passing my test before moving to Uk and not driving since.

hmmm maybe I'll let you drive part of the trip Columbus to Chicago.. though it's such an easy drive that you wouldn't even know you were driving

are European licenses forever... or do they expire?

I don't even know Frannie - it's been such a long time.
I don't really have the confidence to get behind the wheel after such a long time - I'm not even sure I remember how to start that thing Laughing

well I can understand that, if you have no car and good transportation. Out here in Ohio, you're lost if you don't drive

In Chicago, the city proper, I suppose one can survive without a car, because of the transit system

See Frannie - UK is much smaller country and I live in London so I can happily rely on public transport but living somewhere like where Zoonie lives - I would be lost without car there.

I do actually own a car - it's old fiesta that has not been driven for about 3 years. Mr B used to drive it as it was good little run around (1.1 engine )

nods, in the city, more of a burden than a help to have a car, I imagine

having to store it and keep up vehicle tags, etc

parking can be quite a nightmare and the price of petrol these days - I dread to think how much it costs to run a car nowadays.

well Bee.. I am going to go start this mountain of laundry. I don;t know why I let it pile up like I do.. but I do it every time.. be back in a bit

Ok Frannie
catch you later

I'm back, got slightly sidetracked and went and did baby pigeon watch too.
My new router has arrived, but I'm not in the mood to set it up yet - when I do, I hope it makes a difference!

Good news about your new router - let's hope it will solve your connection problems (once it's up and running).

No I have never even seen the place but it looks really nice. The only place I regularly (used to) go is

(www).osatsuma.com - japanese restaurant with noodles to die for (big plate of noodles for about £7). Also made to order sushi.

Last time I went there I had pecking duck hand roll - bit sushi in size and shape of ice cream cone with pecking duck in hoisin sauce. It was really nice.

I just saw someone recommend the restaurant and Ed Baines is one of the owners - I've seen him on Saturday Kitchen.

Good Morning Bee, Gill & is that Frannie behind that moutain of laundry!!!!

they also do take-away.
I just looked at the menu and it's not too terribly priced for their location - averaging £14 a meal.

Hiya Marie, I wish I'd spotted that Frannie was doing laundry - there's plenty here that's piled up due to my neglect!

How are you these days?

I'm jubilant at the football final - hooray!!!

I'm really good thanks Gill, no children today, so all the housework done, washing on the line so will have ironing to do later. OH has parent day at school so he wont be home till 7pm so plenty of time to do it.

Fantastic footie final to come, it was the results I wanted to happen. Cant wait for Sunday. Have got a 5 mile sponsered walk to do Sunday morning then its just kick back & enjoy footie.

Hello Marie

how are things with your little ones?

@Zoonie - I don't really follow it so I have to ask - who's in final?

I was so pleased when our (czech) tennis player got in finals of Wimbledon. In all fairness I was not very hopeful that he would win but it was great achievement non the less.

I thought of you Bee when I watched the men's final!

Spain -v- Holland is the final - two European teams after all those entries. Not only a great achievement but also a good end game for Liverpool fans

Yeah I knew about Spain winning against Germany but I didn't realised that it was semi-final game.

There was a story about that octopus that predicts the results and then someone posted on FB that the octopus was right Laughing

Hi Bee, the little ones are all doing well, and growing up fast
Eldest son has Elizabeth 17 months & Victoria 4 weeks old . Their mum is still on maternity leave, so dont have them on a daily basis (at the moment).
Youngest son has Emma 5 and at school, & Jamie he is 14 months, I have him usually 8am - 2pm Mon-Fri but his dad id off this week so I am enjoying an easy week

cogsy wrote:
Hi Bee, the little ones are all doing well, and growing up fast
Eldest son has Elizabeth 17 months & Victoria 4 weeks old . Their mum is still on maternity leave, so dont have them on a daily basis (at the moment).
Youngest son has Emma 5 and at school, & Jamie he is 14 months, I have him usually 8am - 2pm Mon-Fri but his dad id off this week so I am enjoying an easy week

wow - that must be real handful if you get them all together.
So you enjoying bit of peace and quite and catching up with housework?
I like this weather as I can do all my laundry at the weekend and it's dry within few hours if I hang it outside (the house has a small garden with washing line).

Bee wrote:
Yeah I knew about Spain winning against Germany but I didn't realised that it was semi-final game.

There was a story about that octopus that predicts the results and then someone posted on FB that the octopus was right Laughing

It could have been me, or maybe I was on Twitter at the time.
Paul the octopus has been correct in his 'predictions' for all of Germany's matches.

I think they put mussels as food in two tanks, each opposing team's flag in one tank, and the one he chooses to eat from has always been the winning team ... not sure if they've tried teams other than Germany and their opponents though?

Nice to hear of you getting a bit of time to yourself now Marie
Have you heard anything at all of Chris? it's been ages for me.

I try not to use the tumble dryer too much at this time of year.

Trying to decide what to cook for dinner tonight.

Gill not heard from Chris for ages, sent her an e-mail last week but not heard back yet

How is it going with SW Marie?
I finally got in healty BMI range but still got bit to go. It's been going very slowly for me recently - usually just 0.5 pounds loss or maintain.

Bee SW has been a nightmare for me lately, in fairness I havent been following the plan properly and have put half a stone back on, so having to pay again just cant seem to get back into it. Too many syns, cakes & bread being a big downfall at the moment. You are doing really well, it always slows when you have been on the plan for a while. How much have you lost?

Marie check my webpage - I got few SW recipes there - the stuffed chicken is to die for (Mr B used to love it)

http://petra.jirusova.tripod.com

I have to say that I've been slacking with the plan too but all the walking around London for elephants saved me - lots and lots of body magic.

Zoonie maybe you could try it too - if you serve it with potatoes instead of veg that will make it "non-diet" meal.

OK my lovelies - my boss just arrived.
It was his b-day last week when he was off (60) and he cooked lunch for the office today so we'll be celebrating today (syns overload as I will have to drink some wine too).

I will love you and leave you for now. Not sure if I'll be back on-line today.

If I don't talk to you today - have a lovely day and wonderful weekend

Bee the chicken sounds delicious,I will print it later, and I can adapt it for OH with quorn fillets, he is a veggie, and doesn't eat meat or fish.I can wrap the fillets with Veggie bacon!! it is horrible to eat on its own to to flavour dishes its fine. Thats why we mainly have green days. We seem to have the same meals all the time and think thats why the weight isnt coming off.

Bye Bee I will definitely do the chicken and some of the other recipes too

Will look later on Bee, thank you.

Gosh it's hot here today!

Zoonie wrote:
Will look later on Bee, thank you.

Gosh it's hot here today!

Its not to bad here, the sun has just come out so maybe it will warm up a bit.

Will try and ring Chris, I only have the number for her old house, but as far as I know her brother is still living there and may have kept the same number. Will let you know how I get on.

Gill how are your daughters doing?

anyone still around? stopping to eat breakfast with you

Frannie wrote:
anyone still around? stopping to eat breakfast with you

Hi Frannie, breakfast sounds good, what are we having (actually lunch time here)

really poor toaster waffles with sugar free syrup. Doesn't taste great, but it quiets the roaring in my tummy LOL

just have a lot to do today and don't want to make a mess in the kitchen. Have the house fairly cleaned up for hubby when I'm gone. Laundry today and packing, then mani/pedi nothin to do tomorrow

I am a bit hungry now had some taost at 7am, feels like a long time ago. trying really hard to stick to the diet this week.

Are you excited about the weekend?

yes, very excited! Always great to meet new folk and I've never been to Jacksonville area. have been further South in Florida. Unfortunately, the weather has been predicted to be thunderstormy, but nothing I can do about that. Going to be hot, but we've been roasting here all week so won't be much different

It is always great meeting new people and visiting new places. Do you feel you already know them with chatting to them on here?

The weather forecast is not good for us here this weekend. We were going to take our eldest grandaughter camping but the wind is going to be too strong for a tent

Frannie still here, was on the phone

ahh ok.. Yes feel like I know them after spending all these hours together. I've done this before, from back when online chat was a new thing. Made some wonderful friends. Some people don;t understand how you cans come to know people online, but I've not been burned yet

This is the very first forum/chat room I have been on, bit of a technophobe. I arrived here through Chris (Big B) we were frinds at school when she was still in the UK. We still keep in touch although not as much as we used to.

What is your shedule? Who do you meet up with first?