Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Movie nights.

My husband and I started playing movies. We got some great recommendations from Kokonee while she was here.

So, this is a thread to post the movies that you have watched recently. What did you think of them? Were they anything you expected? I'll start with the two movies that I watched yesterday and today.

Yesterday's movie was 'Alice in Wonderland', which was a huge surprise to me. I loved it. I am shocked by that because, as most of you know, I am not a fan of Johnny Depp, and was never into the Pirates of the Carribean films. I wasn't thrilled with that stuff on PS, so I didn't anticipate liking this film either, but I did. Alan Rickman did one of the voices and I can't resist him. If velvet could talk it would sound like him. swooon! The Cheshire cat was cute and cuddly and I wanted to hug him even if he wasn't the huggable type.

So, that was a very nice surprise. Even Johnny Depp's portrayal of the Mad Hatter was rather good (a thousand times better than his Willy Wonka, which totally creeped me out ---particularly in the German version ugh). I was really impressed with this portrayal of the character. Maybe because I have always considered Johnny Depp to be a bit crackers, so the role was perfect. Hehehe. Of course, I loved the overall premise of that story, to be true to yourself and not be afraid to be who you are. I liked that a lot. So, two very enthusiastic thumbs up for that film. My favorite bit was when he walked across the table to greet her. Classic Mad Hattery at its best. I actually bought the film because Anne Hathaway was in it and I loved her in The Princess Diaries.

~~~~
The movie I watched today was 'Groundhog Day' with Bill Murry. I had never seen that movie before today, and I thought it was so funny to watch how his character changed throughout the film. I especially cracked up when he kidnapped the groundhog. That bit was so funny. Not much else to say about that, but loved it and thought I would share with you all what movies we have been watching.

Tomorrow I am going to watch 'Leap of Faith'.