Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorrr

Cut'n Candy Twin Mill 3

Cut'n Candy Twin Mill 3

Since the Twin Mill 3 has sort of become my signature cast by default, I use it to experiment with paint techniques, and this is the result of one of those experiments, a apint technique I call "Cut'n Candy".

First it was put through the usual prep - paint strip, remove casting flash and general soothing and cleanup and a nice rubdown with a scotchbrite pad.
At this stage, it would normally be onto primer, but not this time, instead the headlights were masked and a small diamond bit in the rotary tool used to grind lines into the surface of the casting, and then several coats of clear, rubbing down between coats to get the surface smooth again, and then yellow and red candy, the masking was then removed and the final 2 pack aturmotive clear applied.

Because this was only an experiment, I did not apply all the required coats of clear before the candy, so the surface is not as smooth as it should have been.
(Getting the clearcoat smooth before applying the candy gives a better finish because the candy will not run into the low spots, making it darker in the gringing spots)

Pics of Cut'n Candy with a non-custom TM3

Thanks for looking.

wow love the effect... the color suits the car very well... Smile

great job!!! new skills learned today, gotta try this later.. thanks mr Thorr!!