Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cook Crush

Daytime Emmy Awards use CBTM

I was just watching the Daytime Emmy Awards. They're doing a series of clips on each of the soaps nominated for best soap opera. When they showed the series of clips for Days of Our Lives they played CBTM as the background music.

I KNOW RIGHT!? I WAS JUST LIKE ' no way!!!" and then it was!!! I started singing along and everything!! that is so cool! I wasn't expecting it at ALL!!

Maybe it was All My Children. I wasn't really paying attention, and the only soap I really know is GH.

I know....I was mad cause General Hospital wasnt nominted...but now I want All My Children to win cause they used David. It was All My children right? I was goingto post it but you beat me haha. I was flipping. They also played Ryan Star on a preview for General Hospital.

Very Happy

Holy crap! I really couldn't believe they used CBTM for the montage of clips! I literally screamed when I realized it. lol

Maybe it was All My Children. I wasn't really paying attention, and the only soap I really know is GH.

I'm pretty sure it was. I would've freaked out with happiness even more if it were DOOL, I love that show.

Am I the only one who really would love to see Dave on a soap opera? Damn it I just want to see him do some kind of acting!

Yes, they used CBTM during AMC's Best show nominee montage!!!!! I'm a soap aficionado RazzVery Happy

Am I the only one who really would love to see Dave on a soap opera? Damn it I just want to see him do some kind of acting!

Yes please! I would actually love to see that happen! He could just be a musical guest too, since they do have them sometimes on soaps. He could even have a few lines to say. lol

@DCFAN89 wrote:

Yes please! I would actually love to see that happen! He could just be a musical guest too, since they do have them sometimes on soaps. He could even have a few lines to say. lol

If he ever does acting, I want him to do something dramatic along with something funny. I really want to see him play a deep role. I know Soaps arent really great acting but David could totally change that.

@DCFAN89 wrote:

If he ever does acting, I want him to do something dramatic along with something funny. I really want to see him play a deep role. I know Soaps arent really great acting but David could totally change that.

Yeah, I am all for seeing him do any kind of acting like that! He would do an awesome job I''m sure and make it the right role for himself.

@DCFAN89 wrote:
@DCFAN89 wrote:

Yeah, I am all for seeing him do any kind of acting like that! He would do an awesome job I''m sure and make it the right role for himself.

Every soap opera has that one hearthrob that everyone loves. Just sayin...that could be perfect.

I watched some of this earlier but missed this and i love that amc used it. I've been watching that soap since i was about 12. On a little side note i seen that thorsten kaye (zach)was nominated for best actor he's one of my fav's on there.

@garfield1 wrote:
I watched some of this earlier but missed this and i love that amc used it. I've been watching that soap since i was about 12. On a little side note i seen that thorsten kaye (zach)was nominated for best actor he's one of my fav's on there.

I watch all the ABC shows, Days and YR. Thorsten is awesome has Zack. AMC couldn't have chosen a better song to go along with their clips...granted I don't know if they did or the Emmy people.

Actually, just to clarify -- Cherry Lane has nothing to do with this. It's a publishing company, and as such their purpose is to sell David as a songwriter -- to write original songs, for instance, for other singers or purposes (like a movie or TV show); or to sell the printed sheet music/tabs/lyrics of the existing songs he's written that we do have, to the public, which they've started to do online recently.

This is just David's regular promotion department at work -- my guess is 19M, although I may be wrong.

Just wanted to make that clear. Smile

Actually sometimes artists don't even know that they are using the song. They just have to get rights to the song from RCA. I know because my ex boyfriend works for ESPN and I asked about when they used Heroes. He said all they have to do was get the rights to use it. The artist doesn't even have to know.

Alright! So it may either be the work of 19E or they just took the song that fits the video.

@cheng0613 wrote:
Alright! So it may either be the work of 19E or they just took the song that fits the video.

No there is no work involved the Emmy awards decided on their own. There is none at all it just says that they want to use his music because it is fitting and it's wonderful that they think of him to use it. At least he's a thought in the mind of the mass media! Smile

I wish it would have been use for a better written show like Y&R but at least it wasn't for GH a show I hate with a passion. The writers have ruin it and Brian Frons has neither destroy all of the ABC shows. I don't want his couples. I want new fresh Idea not the same old crap.

Did anyone send the clip to David? That would be cool if he got to see it for himself.

Yes it was definitely clips of AMC! Woo Hoo I remember seeing it and tweeting about it because i was so excited lol The soaps sure like Ryan Star and David Cook. One Life To Live had the kids on the show singing Time Of MY Life and GH is now using Ryan Star over clips of the fall promo! I follow the soap stars on twitter and sarah Brown (claudia) is a fan of idol.

LOL Sarah loves her Cookie!!!!! I wondered how many of the soap stars had a Twitter. I follow Chrishell from AMC and Kirsten from GH.

LOL Sarah loves her Cookie!!!!! I wondered how many of the soap stars had a Twitter. I follow Chrishell from AMC and Kirsten from GH.

Yes i follow them as well. You can check my twitter and see who i'm following cause i'm also following a few others like Greg Vaughn, Kristen Alderson, Stteve Burton, Bradford Anderson, and some others lol Wow i just realized i follow alot of the soap stars

Forgot to add...the reason why the artist sometimes does not even know is the majority of the time the label owns the rights to the songs

CBTM is not one of my favorite songs at all but I still stop whatever I am doing whenever I hear it being used on tv or spinning on a radio station.

I just LOVE DWEEB...ahhhh Anthemic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.