*Tickets here*

CONCERT TICKETS

Public Onsale 10/16 at 10:00 a.m. EDT

David Cook with special guests The Script and Green River Ordinance Tickets

All Ages
Tuesday 12/01/09 at 7:30 PM
The Fillmore Charlotte
Charlotte, NC

Dang I wish this could have been a few days earlier - my in-laws live in Charlotte, could have combined Thanksgiving visit with this. Still might be able to work it out. Can anyone figure out when tickets go on sale?

ugh! why?!?! i wanna be there, i really do... but i don't know if i have the willpower to pass this up... i hate when tewer screws with me Razz

Ok I will - FoolsApril posted that the details are TBD so I don't think managment knows yet.

Heh.

I'm so there. I'm actually seeing All Time Low at this venue next Wednesday so it'll be cool to scope it out. Loving David showing NC some love.

Very Happy

My aunt, uncle & two cousins moved down to Charlotte from Jersey 8 years ago and are still living there. If only I was able to visit them...

Oh man, I wanna go to this, but it's on a Tuesday. Very Sad

Dawn wrote:
so is this the last show or what?

No, supposedly the last show is December 2 in Miami. In theory.

Well shit on a shingle! Miami is for sure out of the question too far for me. But this one is doable and like a five hour drive I think.
Edit: nevermind. this is still eight hours away from me according to mapquest Crying non-stop

OMG!!!!!! I'm so excited David is finally coming to Charlotte!!!!! The Filmore just opened up this summer and it's an awesome venue to. This is gonna be an awesome show.

I guess since it's GA there's no real hurry to buy tickets. I recommend buying them on a Wednesday 'cause Live Nation runs some really good specials like buy 2 tickets for the price of one and sometimes they do half off tickets too.

I wanna go. I wonder if I should ditch class for this. Very tempting.

UGH, why does this have to be on a fucking Tuesday?! Very Sad
My mom said she wouldn't take me to another one during the week.

Anyone interested in letting a noobie tag along? Razz

I'm still considering going to this. Hubby wants to visit his family for TG who live in Charlotte - it would just mean staying a couple extra days. For some reason, he doesn't want to fly all the way back to CA with the kids without me though (Can't imagine why, can you?) so he says if I stayed he'd want to stay with the kids too to hang out longer with his family since we don't see them much. So it'd mean the kids missing like 3 days of school. Which I had them do when David did his concert in Wilmington last April too. Would that make me a bad Mom?

@Jane62 wrote:
I'm still considering going to this. Hubby wants to visit his family for TG who live in Charlotte - it would just mean staying a couple extra days. For some reason, he doesn't want to fly all the way back to CA with the kids without me though (Can't imagine why, can you?) so he says if I stayed he'd want to stay with the kids too to hang out longer with his family since we don't see them much. So it'd mean the kids missing like 3 days of school. Which I had them do when David did his concert in Wilmington last April too. Would that make me a bad Mom?

Technical when they missed school in April it was a different school year. Since it would be in December it's a brand new school year. I would justify your actions that way so, no that wouldn't make you a bad Mom.

*Been too lazy to post in here until just now*

YAAAAAY! FINALLY DAVID'S COMING WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE OF ME! 30 MINUTES! AAAAHHHHH!!!!

So my tickets came in the main today... NO CAMERAS?! I might cry.

I really hope this isn't the last show on the tour though. I don't want it to be extremely packed. Like Cat's Cradle, when it was just the end of that leg. It was insane! I want more David and the boys for myself... Is that selfish?

Hey guys!

I was at this venue yesterday for All Time Low and it was really awesome! Not a bad place to be in the whole venue!

The tickets say no cameras but the sign out front said no professional cameras/no recorders. There were plenty of cameras so I think we'll be ok.

And there's a pretty good place for meeting right outside the venue after the show. I got to meet Alex again, ::swoon:: even though it was after midnight (and, poor thing, he was sick! What a sweetie!)

I also hope this isn't the last show on the tour to avoid a repeat of Cat's Cradle. I know it was great having so many people there but it also sucked IMO. It could have been a cool, intimate show in a tiny town right where I live but it was very different.... *sigh*

Either way, I'll be at this show with my roommate and bf... can't wait!

Very Happy

Hey guys!

I was at this venue yesterday for All Time Low and it was really awesome! Not a bad place to be in the whole venue!

The tickets say no cameras but the sign out front said no professional cameras/no recorders. There were plenty of cameras so I think we'll be ok.

And there's a pretty good place for meeting right outside the venue after the show. I got to meet Alex again, ::swoon:: even though it was after midnight (and, poor thing, he was sick! What a sweetie!)

I also hope this isn't the last show on the tour to avoid a repeat of Cat's Cradle. I know it was great having so many people there but it also sucked IMO. It could have been a cool, intimate show in a tiny town right where I live but it was very different.... *sigh*

Either way, I'll be at this show with my roommate and bf... can't wait!

Very Happy

Yay! It seems like a really nice venue. And I totally know what you mean about Cat's Cradle. I saw GRO and NTB there in September, and it didn't even seem like the same venue that I'd seen David in just a few months earlier! You'd be a suprised at how big that place actually is. With so many people stuffed in there, it seemed a lot smaller. But this venue hopefully won't oversale tickets like Cat's Cradle did, and it won't be as crowded.

And YES! CAMERAS! I couldn't imagine going to see David without my camera! I love taking pictures.

I'm gonna have to go up to the Fillmore sometime and check it out, if I get a chance. Smile

@Olivia23 wrote:

Yay! It seems like a really nice venue. And I totally know what you mean about Cat's Cradle. I saw GRO and NTB there in September, and it didn't even seem like the same venue that I'd seen David in just a few months earlier! You'd be a suprised at how big that place actually is. With so many people stuffed in there, it seemed a lot smaller. But this venue hopefully won't oversale tickets like Cat's Cradle did, and it won't be as crowded.

And YES! CAMERAS! I couldn't imagine going to see David without my camera! I love taking pictures.

I'm gonna have to go up to the Fillmore sometime and check it out, if I get a chance. Smile

I was at the GRO and NTB show at Cat's Cradle too!! It was a big crowd that night but SO different!

I've been to quite a few shows there, some when almost no one is there. My bf has been to even more shows at CC and he said it was packed like the David show when he saw The Bravery there.

I think Fillmore is gonna be GREAT! Got my tickets in the mail yesterday!!

p.s. Your pics with the guys in your avi are TOO cute! I'm so glad I asked him for pics that night and he said yes (even though the tour manager said no initially, hehe). I hadn't gotten one with him yet so that was just AMAZING!

I'm going, I'm going. The tour is not over for me after all. Hell yeah North Carolina, I am coming!

Bwahaha!!! We're coming for you Cook... keep your pants on! OMG... a 10 hour drive worth of tweeting time. Poor Dave.

I was at the GRO and NTB show at Cat's Cradle too!! It was a big crowd that night but SO different!

I've been to quite a few shows there, some when almost no one is there. My bf has been to even more shows at CC and he said it was packed like the David show when he saw The Bravery there.

I think Fillmore is gonna be GREAT! Got my tickets in the mail yesterday!!

p.s. Your pics with the guys in your avi are TOO cute! I'm so glad I asked him for pics that night and he said yes (even though the tour manager said no initially, hehe). I hadn't gotten one with him yet so that was just AMAZING!

December's not going to get here fast enough! How was the crowd when you saw ATL? Not too crowded? Do you think David will have about the same amount of people, or no?

And thanks! Very Happy Me too! And his tour manager was RIGHT THERE when I got my picture with David telling everyone group pics. He's in the badground of the picture and looks way creepy lol, but I'm just glad he didn't say anything and make me do group pics. I'd be sad. xD

SO I'm getting close to making a decision on this show - DH still wants to go to his family in Charlotte for TG and we found very good fares to fly on TG day (but still arrive by 4 pm so in time for TG dinner!) and leave on Weds. after this show (of course) - he is just checking out something else as he was going to have elective surgery on a ligament & has to see can he fly that soon after it, or he may postpone the surgery.

Does anyone know are they doing the thing where it's less expensive to buy the tickets on a Weds? I've heard Live Nation has this no-fee Weds sometimes or 2 for 1 on Weds? I know they also have 4-packs sometimes but I went on their site and it doesn't seem to be available for this show, or is that one of those things that is only on certain days of the week?

I'm not sure Jane but if they do have no fees on Weds I'd go for it. I bought 3 tickets the fees added close to $40 to the total. It was insane. $110 total for 3 tickets that should have cost under $75.

Yeah on Wednesdays they run specials on tickets, but it varies from week to week. Sometimes they don't have fees or 2 for 1 tickets. You just have to check every Wednesday and hope you can catch the best deal.

Just got my tickets yeah! Yahoo! Decided to do this show since the next day we have Norfolk and it's on my way home!!

so i jumped the gun and bought a ticket for this and now i am not going....

if anybody needs a ticket or knows someone who does, i'll sell them mine for half of what i paid, which was around 40 bucks....so $20 and it's all yours. bargain! lemme know!!!!!

thanks! Awww Love

Dawn wrote:
anyone know how many people this place holds? is it close to selling out yet?

From what I'm finding online, the capacity is 2000. Having been there, that would have been my guess without looking it up.

I have no idea if it's anywhere near selling out. I doubt it since it's a Tuesday but you never know.

My friend saw Brand New there last night. She said something about an admission fee? Like an extra $10.25 she has to pay to get in... I asked her to talk to someone that works there and question them about that. What a pain it's gonna be to have to have your money out and all that. And what if someone doesn't have exact change? I think it's flat out dumb to make people pay more at the door... Why not just add an extra $10 to the ticket cost? But I'll see her today and talk to her about it.

Hey Olivia! When I saw ATL at the Fillmore, I didn't have to pay an extra $10.25. I think I already had paid it when I bought my ticket online. And I think the same goes for the 3 tickets I bought for this show. Each ticket was over $10 more than the advertised price, so I think it should be included already.

That is odd though.

So, I was in Charlotte on Sunday and saw a show at Amos' Southend and THAT would be another great place for David to come if he's ever back in Charlottle. You can stand right up next to the stage and there's a balcony all the way around.

Still can't wait for this show!!

Yeah, I went and pretended to buy some tickets online to see what they charge me and what for, and I think the admission $10.25 is included. My friend bought her tickets to the concert she went to at the door, so that's probably why she had to pay.

And yeah, I've been to Amos's, and it's a GREAT venue! Ooooh, I wish David would play there... We should suggest it to Andy and Neal, tell them to play an MWK show there! Very Happy That would be heaven.

And hey, less than three weeks! Very Happy Time's flying!

I've been so distracted lately that I didn't realize this was only a couple weeks away. Shocked And I have made NO plans. Where is everyone staying at?? Any recommendations?

I've been so distracted lately that I didn't realize this was only a couple weeks away. Shocked And I have made NO plans. Where is everyone staying at?? Any recommendations?

We are staying at the La Quinta. Cheap and looks nice and has pretty good reviews. But we are only staying Monday night then driving right to Norfolk. If you are coming on Monday and need a place to crash. Our casa is su casa as always.