Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smorkle

Twilight FanFiction Reviews!

Are you a fan of the Twilight Saga?!
If you are like us, we've got a great site for you!
The BEST of the BEST Twilight Fanfiction can be found right
here!

Bee & Smorkle have been reading up on some great fanfiction and will post our reviews.
If you read any Twilight fanfic, please feel free to post here as well!! And if anyone has read the
same stories as we have, we'd love to get your feedback

(please do not post any external sites here without admin approval first please - thanks!)

Waning Moon by YborJen

wm_tif10.jpg

The evolution of Carlisle Cullen and his search for spiritual redemption and familial love. Learn how Carlisle was transformed into a vampire and his days with the Volturi. His story begins before his transformation and will take you through the Twilight Saga. Then fast forward into the future for an ending that will grip you and bring you to tears.

Smorkle's Review:
This is a MUST READ for any Twilight fan! I absolutely loved this story. It makes you love Carlisle even more!! It really shows his true gentle character. Yes, there is Edward in it too, but its focus is Carlisle therefore it is from his perspective (of course).

Dark Side of the Moon by Blondie

dsom_t10.jpg

Have you ever wondered what happened to Edward after he left Bella? Dark Side of the Moon is New Moon from Edward's perspective! Relive the heart-wrenching torture that Edward endured during his months after he left his one true love. This book will take you through the entire New Moon novel from Edward's perspective...Need I say more?

Smorkle's Review:
My poor poor Edward! We all hated him for leaving, but you won't after you read this. Another MUST READ for any Twilight fan!!

Fractured Hearts by cfmom

We've all turned the pages on the four blank months in New Moon. Edward left Bella in the woods and told her didn't want her anymore; his arrogance expected that she would just move on with her life. What he never expected was that she wouldn't be able to move on any more than he would. Bella believes that true love is worth fighting for, and she's going to fight to keep Edward and her family. The Cullen abandonment hurt her deeply, but she's turned that pain into rage. What will happen when Bella decides to let them know she's not willing to let them walk away and leave her behind? How will they handle one mere human girl that's extremely annoyed off, and willing to do whatever takes to bring them back? The saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" has never rang more true. Bella's on the warpath, and even a clan of vampires won't be able to stop her.

Bee's review:
At first I was bit skeptic when I read the summary but decided to read it and I couldn't put it down!
I rate it MUST READ and applaud cfmom's imagination and creativity. What a different side of Bella.

Moonless Night by sunray16

This is sunray16's version of New Moon as told from Edward's point of view. The dialogue is borrowed from New Moon when Edward and Bella are together , but the rest is her interpretation of what the story would have been like if Edward had told it.

Bee's review:
Short story - 4 chapters. WORTH A READ as it gives you different perspective on what hapend during first few chapters of SM - New Moon. It does not cover whole book - just from party to Cullen's family leaving.

Best of Times by twilight gypsy

As twilight gypsy read the Twilight series, she always wondered where that line was that defined ‘control’ vs. ‘loss of control’ for Edward.

It's a couple of weeks until the wedding, and as Edward runs through the woods on his way to Bella's house he comes across a tragic scene - a biker has lost control of his motorcycle and has hit a tree. There's blood everywhere and Edward loses control, feeding on the dying man.

This human blood awakens the vampire in Edward, and all the steps he's taken to keep Bella safe no longer apply. Edward realizes he has compromised her safety, but his vampire nature is sometimes stronger than he is...

Bee's review:
longer story - 18 chapters (unfinished story)
I have now finished all availeble chapters and my rating is WORTH A READ but I'm getting more and more gripped by the story so I might change it once I finish.
Each chapter contains several people's POV - mostly Edwards and Bella's but sometimes also Alice and Emmet.

reading fractured hearts right now!!! it's really good so far. thank you so much for telling me about it. i'm not as fast of a reader as you though. i'll leave my 2 cents on the book when i'm done!!

smorkle wrote:
Waning Moon by YborJen

Smorkle's Review:
This is a MUST READ for any Twilight fan! I absolutely loved this story. It makes you love Carlisle even more!! It really shows his true gentle character. Yes, there is Edward in it too, but its focus is Carlisle therefore it is from his perspective (of course).

[/color]

what a story to read - I nearly cried towards the end (I swear I would have cried if I was not reading it at work).

definitely must read - love the story.

smorkle wrote:
reading fractured hearts right now!!! it's really good so far. thank you so much for telling me about it. i'm not as fast of a reader as you though. i'll leave my 2 cents on the book when i'm done!!

Ashamed yeah I did have lots of free time but that's going to change now but I will still be reading and posting here.

January by owenic

This story picks up a few hours after Breaking Dawn finishes. It is Canon, true to the books, true to the characters. The Cullen’s are all back together and have a new appreciation for life, family and love.

In the month of January, we will see:
· A celebratory party
· Something has everyone concerned about Nessie
· A well earned vacation for Edward, Bella, Jacob and Nessie
· Something bad happens to Jacob (don’t worry, someone saves him)
· A surprise visitor calls in
· The Cullen’s have a nice surprise for Jacob
· Someone says goodbye
· A happier, care-free Cullen home with love, lemons, humour and a little action/drama thrown in for the fun of it.

January is going to be one busy month...

post- Breaking Dawn story
chapeters : 9 (unfinished story)

Story mostly written from Edwards POV (I love it when Edward gives his side on things). Another one that I couldn't stop reading till there was no more to read - I'm rating it MUST READ and I can't wait for more chapters to be made availeble. You will see new side of Edward -so in love with his wife and his daughter (awwww).

Between Heaven and Hell by owenic

From Renesmee's birth to when Bella opens her eyes, there are missing parts in Breaking Dawn. What did Edward experience while these events were happening? What goes through his mind when he thinks all is lost? What is Bella's awakening like through his eyes?

Owenic always wondered how Edward got through those two days, so she put pen to paper.... This story is true to the books, all canon.

Beaking Dawn story
Chapters: 9 (completed story)

While I'm waiting for Owenic to write more chapters in January (see previous post) I am going to read another of her stories.

Bee wrote:

From Renesmee's birth to when Bella opens her eyes, there are missing parts in Breaking Dawn. What did Edward experience while these events were happening? What goes through his mind when he thinks all is lost? What is Bella's awakening like through his eyes?

Owenic always wondered how Edward got through those two days, so she put pen to paper.... This story is true to the books, all canon.

Beaking Dawn story
Chapters: 9 (completed story)

While I'm waiting for Owenic to write more chapters in January (see previous post) I am going to read another of her stories.

stop everything!! really? *running to read this story*

Singularity by Openhome

singul10.jpg

Alice's transformation has always been a mystery. We get a glimpse of it in Stephenie Myer's original story, Twilight, but it remains an enigma. Journey through Alice's life from human to immortal up to the point where she meets her soul mate Jasper. Discover her love for fashion and meet those who have influenced and have molded her into the quirky, spunky girl we love!

Smorkle's Review:
Although this story is not yet complete, it is a MUST READ! I love reading and learning about Alice. Because Openhome has written Singularity in canon, it makes the Saga even better (as always). It completes the story of the Cullens even more. Get to know who she is. She is worth it!!

edit:
This story is now complete. What a fantastic story. You will love it!!

The Vampire in the Basement by Michellephants

ban5is10.jpg

This is an Alternate Universe version of how Bella and Edward become the greatest of soul mates we all love. It begins with a hunt and the discovery of a strange vampire deserted in the woods. He is as Michellephants calls it, "severely broken". Who is this dark stranger? Who has tortured him to the point where he looks like a dying corpse? Who kept him captive all these years then let him free in the woods?

Smorkle's Review:
This story is not yet complete. However, so far I rate it WORTH A READ only because in the beginning there is a dark period that I found difficult and painful to read. NOT because it is poorly written, but just the opposite. Michellephants does an excellent job of making sure the reader feels just as tortured as her characters!! If you are able to get through the dark period of the story, you will be delighted by the relationship that forms between two loves.

Once this story is complete, I will re-rate it. I have a good feeling about this one!!

edit March 28th:
I'm changing my review to MUST READ because it really is. I'm past the dark period and it's really good. Totally captivating!

Twilight Fanfic Reviews wants to welcome YborJen, author of our beloved Waning Moon, to PSFC!!

Hi ladies -- This is a crazy cool site, and a great thread. Thank you so much for the recommendation. The story posted on Twilighted and FFN, or readers can find me on FB "Ybor Jen" to get the link to the free PDF.

Peace :victory:

Ybor Jen

Yborjen wrote:
Hi ladies -- This is a crazy cool site, and a great thread. Thank you so much for the recommendation. The story posted on Twilighted and FFN, or readers can find me on FB "Ybor Jen" to get the link to the free PDF.

Ybor Jen

Thank you so much for your visit!!! I'm really sad to have missed you Sad

Yborjen wrote:

Ybor Jen

Loved the story! I wish I could write like you can. I'm so glad you came to join us here.

I will look forward to reading more of your stories in future.

Smorkle you've been busy!

My life is quite mad right now but I will check those stories sometime next week (yes I have internet back now) and will let you know.

There is now chapter 19 available for Best of Times by twilight gypsy so that is next thing on my reading list.

LOL...actually, i read those 2 awhile back and just realized i didn't review them here Smile.

started fractured hearts!!! eeeeekkk!

smorkle wrote:

ban5is10.jpg

I'm going to start reading this one :happy2: - will let you know what I think about it after few chapters - currently there are 23 chapters available.

Bee wrote:
smorkle wrote:

ban5is10.jpg

I'm going to start reading this one :happy2: - will let you know what I think about it after few chapters - currently there are 23 chapters available.

I have not finished the availabe chapters and will be waiting for some more - what a griping strory.
Yes the first few chapters are dark but you can see Bella's love for Edward getting stronger and stronger. It doesn't follow SM books but you recognise some dialogues... definitely WORTH READ

Bee wrote:
Bee wrote:
smorkle wrote:

ban5is10.jpg

I have not finished the availabe chapters and will be waiting for some more - what a griping strory.
Yes the first few chapters are dark but you can see Bella's love for Edward getting stronger and stronger. It doesn't follow SM books but you recognise some dialogues... definitely WORTH READ

yes! i can't wait till she finishes it!!!

smorkle wrote:

me too! It was really hard to put it down.
I wouldn't have normally read AU story but this one .........

thanks for letting me know about it!

Bee wrote:

just finished this one this afternoon.
really really liked it a lot.
i would rate it A MUST READ! fills in the gaps of what edward was feeling/thinking very well. i really like owenic also. i've started January today.

Bee wrote:
smorkle wrote:

me too! It was really hard to put it down.
I wouldn't have normally read AU story but this one .........

thanks for letting me know about it!

completely agree!

Bee wrote:
January by owenic

OMG! Hottness ALERT! talk about hubba hubba burning love... and i've only read the preface!

LOL

smorkle wrote:

OMG! Hottness ALERT! talk about hubba hubba burning love... and i've only read the preface!

LOL

you are going to love it - PM me after Edwards gets the award about (something) on a motorbike

eeek! i've been reading it every chance i get. will let you know when i get to that part. you've peaked my interest even more!!

gosh I love it - it so well written - totally new side of Edward that you won't expect.

I am just coming to the end of breaking dawn , and though I cant put the book down and I cannot wait to see what happens next there is also a part of me that does not want it to ever fisnish (yeah sad I know lol)...so a huge thanks Smorkle and Bee for letting us know that there are more Cullen books out there!

Which one would you recommend starting with??

lea75 wrote:
I am just coming to the end of breaking dawn , and though I cant put the book down and I cannot wait to see what happens next there is also a part of me that does not want it to ever fisnish (yeah sad I know lol)...so a huge thanks Smorkle and Bee for letting us know that there are more Cullen books out there!

I would start with Wanning Moon - the one Smorkle reviewed as first one here.
It's introduction to saga - it's all about Carlise and his journey in both of his lifes

Bee wrote:
lea75 wrote:

I would start with Wanning Moon - the one Smorkle reviewed as first one here.
It's introduction to saga - it's all about Carlise and his journey in both of his lifes

yeah, that is my favorite one so far. it totally made me cry!! it's a good cry though.

i know what you mean...i didn't want it to end either. but then you have to read it like you've never read before!! you get so hungry for more, but don't worry, these other stories will provide the "fix" that you crave! LOL!! it's funny but very true, for me at least. i can't wait for you to finish the saga and read more!!

I'm reading waning moon now...I'm loving it, its just not the same having to read it online Sad I love being able to hold a book, and snuggle up in bed with it lol

Especially when its Edward lol

lea75 wrote:
I'm reading waning moon now...I'm loving it, its just not the same having to read it online Sad I love being able to hold a book, and snuggle up in bed with it lol

Especially when its Edward lol

lea check this:

Yborjen wrote:

Ybor Jen

if you look her up on facebook you get a link to free PDF of the story so you could print it out and it will be "kind of a book"

thanks Bee I did think of doing that ...but I'm too impatient to wait until I can get it printed Laughing

I'm up to the 'twilight' stage now..and really enjoying it

lea75 wrote:
thanks Bee I did think of doing that ...but I'm too impatient to wait until I can get it printed Laughing

I'm up to the 'twilight' stage now..and really enjoying it

i have a copy. i'm sending you a pm Smile

honestly, i cannot believe i forgot about this!!
this story is the very first twilight fanfic i read online and is what started me on my OCD online Twi-reading!!

It's a site called Twilight and Literacy (click here to go to site --> Twilight and Literacy))
(link approved by lea75)
 tl_tif10.jpg

This story is 11 chapters long and complete with music and pics! When Edward or Bella is listening to a tune, you too can listen at the same time (very cool).
(It's been awhile since I've read this but I believe it is the story of Bella/Edward & Nessie/Jacob mostly.)

Smorkle's Review:
Everyone is back in high school (including Nessie!!!). Edward is in love with Bella more than ever and a jerk at school tries to steal Bella away from Edward. Nessie is grown up and hot and Jacob wants to admit his undying love to her. The Cullen family encounters magical and mystical characters (I'm not going to say what cuz I don't want to ruin it for you). There is fighting, killing, loving and kissing!!

I rate this story a Must Read! It's really fun and easy to read. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it leaves you hanging... in a good way.. I tried contacting the author a long time ago when I finished the book for more info but she never responded. As with the other site, you have to register for this one too. I believe this is the only Twilight related story on that site.

another one that sounds great ..... It is next on my list

smorkle wrote:
honestly, i cannot believe i forgot about this!!
this story is the very first twilight fanfic i read online and is what started me on my OCD online Twi-reading!!

It's a site called Twilight and Literacy (click here to go to site --> Twilight and Literacy))
(link approved by lea75)
 tl_tif10.jpg

OMG - yes I've forgotten about it too! This was the first one you told me about - before twilighted.net

MUST READ

I've been bit busy lately but I will start searching for new story to read today or tomorrow so will let you girls know

I have finally learned how to bookmark unfinished/favorite stories on twilighted so I can come back to them more easier now Ashamed

today is not starting well for me - forgot about this story I've read recently (I don't think I mentioned it here yet)

MEET THE FOSTERS by YAYAGODDES

Having stayed in Forks much longer than was wise or safe, the Cullens begin a new life in northern Vermont. Of course, wherever the Cullens go, so does Jacob and his pack. Life is peaceful in the wild, remote wilderness of the Green Mountains until a new family moves into a nearby abandoned estate, causing Alice to have visions of a new vampire coming to the area. This vampire has secrets of his own. And the new neighbors are much more than what they seem.

Bee's review:
unfinished story - 32 chapters
this is post Breaking Dawn story with lots of unexpected twists and new characters introduced. Remesmee is now fully grown up.
Even thought is not finished I rate itMUST READ - you will not be bored and there is lots of happiness and love (even for pack members).

Bee wrote:

today is not starting well for me - forgot about this story I've read recently (I don't think I mentioned it here yet)

MEET THE FOSTERS by YAYAGODDES

Having stayed in Forks much longer than was wise or safe, the Cullens begin a new life in northern Vermont. Of course, wherever the Cullens go, so does Jacob and his pack. Life is peaceful in the wild, remote wilderness of the Green Mountains until a new family moves into a nearby abandoned estate, causing Alice to have visions of a new vampire coming to the area. This vampire has secrets of his own. And the new neighbors are much more than what they seem.

Bee's review:
unfinished story - 32 chapters
this is post Breaking Dawn story with lots of unexpected twists and new characters introduced. Remesmee is now fully grown up.
Even thought is not finished I rate itMUST READ - you will not be bored and there is lots of happiness and love (even for pack members).

ohhh, this one sounds really interesting! thanks for sharing.

also, how do you bookmark? i'm getting dizzy from reading too many stories at once! LOL!

when you read a story at the end of each page you have little drop down menu - select save story to favourites and then on next page click submit (there will be comment box but you can ignore that).

You can see you favourites in: account info, manage favourites

Bee wrote:
when you read a story at the end of each page you have little drop down menu - select save story to favourites and then on next page click submit (there will be comment box but you can ignore that).

You can see you favourites in: account info, manage favourites

oh, i see! i already did that to save the series but i will do that when i'm done with a chapter so i don't have to go hunting again! thanks hun!!

just a heads up that i've updated my review on Singularity by Openhome. It is now COMPLETE!! Alice and Jasper finally meet to start their lives together. It was so sweet. It made my eyes well up! (I'm a total softy!!!)

If you get a chance to read it, you won't regret it. There's also a sequel coming out soon called Coalescence. I'll review it as soon as it's up!!

Ok it's been a while since I posted here but I just finished reading something that I want to share with you.

It's a series called The American Vampire Series by Just4ALE.
There are 4 stories and we meet lots of our loved and well known vampires and mortals... there is love, romance, break-up, sweet make-up, family, fights, wolfs...

I rate this story WORTH READ/MUST READ as it's AU (alternate universe) story and not everyone's cup of tea -think about it as Twilight meets True Blood

Part I
Bella is a business school student when she meets Edward, a PhD student. Is this handsome stranger too good to be true?

Part II
Read as Bella's & Edward's relationship develops. Family and friends make an appearance, causing more than a few bumps.

Part III
Read as Bella & Edward's relationship progresses. Now engaged, will they make it to the altar?

Part IV
Awesome Bella & Horny Edward are married now.
Smooth sailing, right? Maybe... maybe not.

warning - stories contains lemons Laughing

twilight vs true blood? oh, i gotta read this one!

edit:
a blue ribbon winner too!

Love is Always in Option by Serendipitous

Bella Swan, a young registered pharmacist from New Jersey, takes a job in the Forks, WA Regional Hospital, determined to start her life over. She meets the handsome, brooding Edward Cullen, who also works in the hospital's pharmacy...but on the night shift, of course.

Will Edward be able to control his agonizing thirst for Bella's blood? How will the emotionally wounded Bella react to her increasing attraction to him? Can Jacob be effective as a minor, if consequential, character?

this is AU (alternate universe story) and it's described by author as:
Canon pairings; the Cullens are still vampires. Edward's and Bella's ages are advanced to their early-mid 20s, to give them more adult sensibilities. Other than that, the story parallels "Twilight," with some new adventures in line with the characters' ages and situations. The chapters alternate between Edward's and Bella's POV. While it's not a *funny* version of "Twilight," there are definite sparks of humor in it.

My review: unfinished story (24 chapters so far).
Author alternates chapters between Edward's and Bella's POV.
I would rate it MAYBE READ (if that makes sense) as it's basically Twilight re-written with older Edward & Bella. For AU story author follows SM's book too much (yes James kidnaps Bella and tires to kill her etc.). I will see how will the rest unveils but I'm not too impressed.

By all means - give it a go, you might like it.

I want to reply to the previous message!!!!

what about it????
is this another book of Stephanie or is this another author using the general story of twilight saga. to write another one almost the same??
i was a little bit confused.... I would really appreciate it if someone could answer me congratulations

I am a huge fan of Twilight and anything that has to do with vampires generally.. congratulations

thank you all :DD

fanfat are stories written by fans about the characters in the books.

They are simply stories that other fans have written, stories of what they would like to see happen to their favourite characters, normally before Twilight or what they think should happen after breaking dawn congratulations

I've read some Twilight fanfit and some of it is very, very good.

If you have never read any before I would strongly recommend you read Waning moon which is written by Ybor Jen

http://www.twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=7289

Have a read and let us know what you think

I will definitely going to do it!!!!
Amazing i didnt even know the excistance of this site!!!!
Thanks a lot i ll start reading right away!!

Thanks again and if I read a story I ll keep you posted congratulations