Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MalLuvsDC150

Dave's new twitter background/avi DAMN he looks good!!

Guest Guest
yeah for anyone who hasnt seen his new twitter background...
 david_10.jpg

Wow-I love it-hopefully the album cover will be as great!

His new twitter BG was almost the death of me..god that is so effing hot! His present to his Dad was very sweet!

ShookByCook wrote:
 david_10.jpg

Whoa! That pic knocked my socks off, and I don't even wear socks. LOL Face

david_10.jpg

Very artistic --Have a feeling his new album cover will resemble this -- a non-smiling image against a black-spattered background -- very David indeed! DC Cheerleader

The pic comes across to me as a depiction of dual moods -- one of aggression and the other of self-assurance/self-confidence -- a theme that may be reflective of the second album's theme...? Dunno - just speculating. Whoa!!!

@Analytics wrote:
The pic comes across to me as a depiction of dual moods -- one of aggression and the other of self-assurance/self-confidence -- a theme that may be reflective of the second album's theme...? Dunno - just speculating. Whoa!!!

Yeah, I like that it's two sides of David he's showing. And the calm, cool, collected, sensual one is about to get punched in the head by angry Dave, lol. But it doesn't faze him.

ETA: Wonder if Angry Dave is the inner (emotional) Dave and Cool Dave is his public persona.

ETA2: Wonder if he'll get a kick out of our interpretations and how wrong we probably all are, lol.

ETA3: I hope the album cover is something like this. I LOVE this.

ETA4: I'm just going to keep editing to add stuff until someone else posts because I'm feeling chatty and don't want to double-post. RazzLOL Face

If this pic is from the photoshoot he tweeted about with the Les Paul, maybe there will be more coming out.

ETA:

The picture is now David's profile pic too.

Guest Guest

Wow... LOVE the new picture, and I really hope the new album cover is along these lines.

I agree, that was his gift to his dad. Very, very sweet. Awww Love

@sirena wrote:
If this pic is from the photoshoot he tweeted about with the Les Paul, maybe there will be more coming out.

ETA:

The picture is now David's profile pic too.

I believe so, too.

It also appears that David and his PR people want to project David as the epitome of a rock musician. Not the unkempt type with wild unruly hair - but one who is clean shaven but has just enough "edginess" to him as exemplified by the brass knuckles, the nasty shirt logo, the boots and the overall black-themed attire.

(Obviously, there appears to be no intent to depict him as a heavy metal rock artist with the avoidance of wearing black leather pants, jacket and inordinately huge blings! LOL flag )

Guest Guest

I have died and gone to David heaven...that new Twitter background pic is freaking amazing!! ShockedShockedThud_old ____flatlines____

Guest Guest
I may be slightly obsessed with that new photo. A dozen different concepts are floating through my head right now. I wonder why they always do that pointy hair thing in official photo shoots. Damn he looks good. I want to buy Marco a beer. Is angry Dave mad at calm, cool and collected David? Does he have to bottle up his anger and always present a nice public image?

Guest Guest

Oh hell I'm going to double(and probably triple post). Did I say DAMN he looks good yet? LOL flag Why is sneering angry Dave so sexy?

Guest Guest
To me this photo is saying what David probably *wishes* he could do, but being in the public eye..... he can't.

Guest Guest
Barb, I'm glad I'm not the only one "slightly" obsessed with that photo, on a number of levels.
Thud_old

It's just so thought provoking. I wonder if he come up with the concept.

eta: The photo shop work adding those pics/poses to that background is a little choppy. I don't think that part was done with pro equipment or by a photography expert. Hmmm that makes me wonder if those were two random shots from a photo shoot that Dave decided to throw together himself to create a new twitter background. The background color and style is very Dave.

justforme wrote:
.. I wonder why they always do that pointy hair thing in official photo shoots. ...

Justforme.. for as long as David lives in Los Angeles, I think we'll probably be seeing him sporting "pointy hair". It appears to be currently one of the more popular Hollywood male hair styles, as evidenced by it being sported by high profile celebs. So hair stylists (such as ones working in photo shoots) would most likely do it on their clients.

pointy11.jpg

Guest Guest

I am trying to figure out what that ring looks like on his left hand. Funny that he has the right fist drawn back, maybe ready to punch and he is a lefty!

Oh Stacy-ITA - this picture has attacked many different levels of my thinking tonight! Shocked

Guest Guest
LOL flag Thanks Analytics for the photo evidence.

justforme wrote:
Barb, I'm glad I'm not the only one "slightly" obsessed with that photo, on a number of levels.
Thud_old

It's just so thought provoking. I wonder if he come up with the concept.

eta: The photo shop work adding those pics/poses to that background is a little choppy. I don't think that part was done with pro equipment or by a photography expert. Hmmm that makes me wonder if those were two random shots from a photo shoot that Dave decided to throw together himself to create a new twitter background. The background color and style is very Dave.

I absolutely think this is the case. I think David, using his graphic design tools (he IS a graphics design graduate - lol), created the black-spattered background (which appears to be his "signature" background) and then edited in his two favorite poses from the photo shoot. cheers

I was just thinking a couple days ago that he should get a new twitter pic and he looks really fine in this one. Angry dave almost looks like he's looking at laidback dave like " What's wrong with you"? Idk that's just what came to mind first Smile .

I assume he went to indy to visit his dad. I haven't been to the new indy airport yet haven't had any reason to go i guess Smile.

ShookByCook wrote:
 david_10.jpg

Ummmmm, guys? Is it possible he is getting BETTER looking. Look at his face. DAAAAMMMNNNN, he is gorgeous.

Ok, I have said that before, but DAAAMMMNNNN.....

Guest Guest
As of right now... and apparently it has been since at least noon... David's new background picture has been trending on twitpic.

If you go here you will see the currently trending pictures. I just checked and it was there.

I honestly think that is my new favorite David Cook picture.

Why do I think that the new picture is every Word Nerd's wallpaper now? lol

i know it is mine.

Guest Guest
As soon as I saw it, I made it my background.

Stacy, entranced is a good word. I find myself just looking, thinking about possible meanings (while enjoying the total "hotness" of it as well, of course.)

I freaking LOVE that picture, and can't stop looking at it.

Guest Guest
LOL Face Love that his pic is trending and sure puts a smile in my face!

Guest Guest
They have put this picture on DCO's homepage here. I would suggest that everyone take a minute to stop over there, rate the picture (just click on the fifth star to rate it 5 stars - the highest rating,) and leave a comment if you are inclined.

I just did. Let's let TPTB know how much we like this look.

Guest Guest
LOL Face Dorothy. I won't say how long it took me to write a few lines that didn't make me sound like a raving lunatic.

Guest Guest

Don't throw figs at me but as much as I love the pic, I would have liked that the David who's looking into the camera was giving us that half, crooked smile he does, kinda like this:

OK, I made myself swoon Thud_old

Guest Guest
Oh, that picture will make us all swoon. But I'd imagine they are going to go more "artsy" for the album cover... and while I don't think the new twitter look is the album cover, I really want something like that over the "dead eye stare" of the first album cover.

Made wrote:
Don't throw figs at me but as much as I love the pic, I would have liked that the David who's looking into the camera was giving us that half, crooked smile he does, kinda like this:

OK, I made myself swoon Thud_old

You made me swoon too! Melt Just imagine him standing 2 feet away and looking at you like that...

Guest Guest
I thought I'd split the pic and conversation out of the twitter thread. This photo deserves a place all it's own!

Guest Guest
I've been thinking about this pic a lot today. Probably waaaaaaay over thinking it lol. For all I know it could be nothing more than those were his two favorite pics from a shoot and he stuck them together for no special reason.

Even with my rational mind telling me not to read too much into it, my irrational mind won't stop coming up with new theories. My latest(and yes I it's okay to think I'm crazy)...

I keep wondering if him being stuck in a corner is symbolic of how fame and working with a major label makes him feel. I wonder if he remains calm on the outside about it all and just accepts things he doesn't like. I wonder if his inner self wants to punch the crap out of his outer self for not fighting his way out of that corner.

Guest Guest

Anything's possible, Barb.

I've seen so much speculation (and come up with my own) on the meaning of the picture that I've come up with a new theory...

He really liked the punching picture and wanted to use it. He was trying to figure out what he should be punching - because it would look dumb for him to be punching at nothing, and got the idea to stick another picture of himself in there. He did that because he knows how much we obsess over every little detail, and he figured it would (a) keep us busy for awhile, and (b) give him a good laugh reading all the theories of what the picture means. Just like I think he did with the "14" tattoo. LOL Face

david_10.jpg

I am lovin' the new background/AVI on Twitter!! YEAH ! David Cook is VERY DAMN HOT !!!

Guest Guest
Welcome! Brian's Girl! That new twitter pic is a killer for sure.

Jeannie, I love that. I had a similar "it means nothing" reaction to something that puzzled me, namely, why his right arm? Some significance to it being his non-dominant arm ready to punch? Then I thought, he bought that cool rings/brass knuckleish/whatever-it-is and wanted to wear it for his photo shoot. He naturally put it on his non-dominant hand, like most people put their watches on their non-dominant wrist. And when he posed for the pre-punch shot, he did so with the cool-looking fingers in the fist highlighted by the photo. Heck, the jewlery probably inspired him to make that pose. But putting the two together I think is more meaningful, even if they were first thrown together by happenstance and the thoughts subconscious.

And Welcome! Brian's Girl! Smile

Guest Guest

With David, you may never know what the real inspiration was... but it works. Basically he makes us over-speculate about every single detail, lol. After looking at that pic for a longer time than I care to admit, I noticed he's kinda tanned Shocked A new for David LOL Face

Has he worn that necklace before? If so, anyone have a clear picture of it?

The dead Beatles are creepy. Maybe he identifies with them though and wants to be let be? lol, i HIGHLY doubt he put that kind of thought into that.