Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

"The Last Goodbye" - Statistics

I wondered why the climb was kinda slow...

I didn't realize this either but thats good now i can call the stations here and make sure they play it. One of the stations here has Ryan Seacrests show so im looking forward to hearing him promote David. He didn't do enough of that with the first CD which really pissed me off.

I'm glad we finally have an official add date for the single. I want to hear it on the radio. I hope that NYC picks it up like they did for Light On.

Guest Guest

Yep, and everyone should do their best to "rock-the-request", lol, on their local radio stations. Great

Guest Guest

Just checked iTunes to see what happens after Ellen is aired throughout the US:

Overall #189
Pop #82

Fingers Crossed!!!

Also, we should get the first week's sales numbers today, right?

Guest Guest

Nada. Seems David on Ellen didn't do anything for the song. It dropped from the 200 chart in overall music and is hanging at #92 in the Pop chart. Very Sad

Hope that it'll pick up again after the CFH, RFH and the radio adds on May 2nd.

Guest Guest
Unless the artist is someone like Gaga, it's very typical for a single to take a while to move up the charts. I don't expect to see any big jumps now until after it starts getting regular spins on a bunch of radio stations. Then it should (fingers crossed) start moving up slowly but steadily. Which is what Light On did, if I recall correctly.

Guest Guest
Yep, LO took 17 months to be certified platinum. Hope TLG doesn't take that long. Haha, am I being overly optimistic? lol

17 months, really? I thought it was much quicker than that.

Anyway, I don't expect much to happen until it gets some serious radio play. It was great that the Idol performance did so much for it, but pretty much no one has heard it on the radio yet. And it usually takes them hearing it quite a few times to buy, I would think.

Guest Guest
Lisa has posted the first week numbers for TLG (via RCA Ed) over on DCO:

1st week sales (excludes free downloads with pre-orders): 21,562

Pre-orders of TLM - 5000 + (these would be DCO only, Amazon also has a pre-order available.)

All pre-orders (regardless of where purchased) will be added to sales from week 1 when TLG is released.

And a bonus number from Ed as well: DYFAM has sold 33,177 so far - again this does not include free downloads with pre-orders.

Guest Guest
Thanks for posting, Jeannie. Those numbers seems good to me, especially since TLG hasn't been released to the radio yet.

I said it in another thread, that IMO TLM won't get a sales boost until people can see the actual tracklist and hear some snippets. I imagine that so far only fans have pre-ordered it. So *crossing fingers, toes, eyelashes, etc.*

Guest Guest
I agree, Made. We devoted fans were willing to pay for an album that (at the time) had no title, no cover, no tracklist... but most people would not.

And with almost no radio play yet, I think those numbers are pretty good for first week sales of TLG.

Quote :
@idolsnow DAVID COOK's "The Last Goodbye" enters the Bubbling Under the Hot 100 chart at #5.

Not bad! Clapping

Guest Guest

Supposedly released on Tuesday, here's TLG appearance on the charts:

Quote :
@Wave_length The Last Goodbye has popped up on Mediabase AC rolling charts at #40 today.

Mediabase AC

Excited2

Guest Guest

Mediabase update - May 2-8
David Cook - TLG #38 - up 17%

As per - USA Today - Brian Mansfield
"Meanwhile, David Cook's The Last Goodbye edges ever closer to the AC top 40: It's No. 41 this week."

cheers

Another interesting fact.
From Idolator

Quote :
Nielsen SoundScan’s Best Selling Albums And Singles Of The Decade

If there’s one thing to assess from looking over the list of Neilsen SoundScan’s best-selling albums and singles of the ’00s [via About.com], perhaps it’s what a drastic shift from an albums market to a singles market the music biz became in the latter half of the decade—thanks in no small part to the advent of illegal downloading.

The tally of the Top 10 albums of the decade, sales-wise, doesn’t contain a single LP released after 2004. And if we’re to underscore the point even further, the Beatles compilation 1 was the best-seller of 2000, with over 11 million copies sold, while Taylor Swift currently stands at the top in 2009 with Fearless, which moved 2.53 million units this year. (continues)

So, each year the singles chosen from a record are getting more and more crucial to the artist's success. Hmmm, I'll have to post this at DCO Wink

Guest Guest

Among others, WPLJ in New York added TLG today. That' a HUGE add, as they are the number 1 HAC market in the country. They typically don't add an artist's new song until it's charting fairly high, even when they like the artist personally (as they do with David.) TLG has been moving along, but it definitely did not have the adds and spins one would expect to see for it to be added to PLJ. This is a full week earlier in the cycle than they added LO, and getting this add (and the resulting spins) is bound to help TLG a lot. Great

Does an 'add' mean that they put it in their rotation and actually play it? Or do fans still have to request it to get them to play it?

Guest Guest
Adds are when it enters the rotation - in other words is put on the playlist and spun regularly throughout the week.

Guest Guest

Thanks, Stacy. I don't know why I always want to say that backwards. LOL Face

I've fixed it in the post above.

Guest Guest

Great news then! Excited

Guest Guest

Bringing this list over here from the twitter talk thread where I had originally posted it in response to a question:

Stations that have added TLG as of 5/9/11:

KALZ-FM0 0 0 Hot AC Fresno 19 Ent./RCA/RCAMG Clear Channel Communications 66 5/9/2011
KCIX-FM 2 0 0 Hot AC Boise, ID 19 Peak Broadcasting 101 5/2/2011
KHKZ-FM 6 0 0 Hot AC McAllen 19 Clear Channel Communications 59 5/2/2011
KLLC-FM * 14 0 0 Hot AC San Francisco CBS Radio 4 5/2/2011
KLLY-FM 8 0 0 Hot AC Bakersfield Buckley Broadcasting Corporation 75 4/25/2011
KLTG-FM 14 0 0 Hot AC Corpus Christi, TX Tejas Broadcasting 137 5/2/2011
KMXB-FM * 13 0 0 Hot AC Las Vegas CBS Radio 33 5/2/2011
KMXV-FM 12 0 0 Top 40 Kansas City Wilks Broadcasting LLC 32 4/19/2011
KPEK-FM 0 0 0 Hot AC Albuquerque 1 Clear Channel Communications 68 5/2/2011
KPLZ-FM 18 0 0 Hot AC Seattle Fisher Broadcasting 13 4/25/2011
KUCD-FM 4 0 0 Hot AC Honolulu Clear Channel Communications 64 5/2/2011
KWYE-FM 13 0 0 Hot AC Fresno Peak Broadcasting 66 4/25/2011
WAJI-FM Pub 12 0 0 Hot AC Ft. Wayne, IN Sarkes Tarzian Inc 108 4/25/2011
WAYV-FM 2 0 0 Hot AC Atlantic City, NJ Equity Communications LP 142 5/2/2011
WCFS-FM * 9 0 0 AC Chicago CBS Radio 3 5/9/2011
WIAD-FM * 11 0 0 Hot AC Washington, DC CBS Radio 9 5/9/2011
WPLJ-FM 0 0 0 Hot AC New York Citadel Communications Corp. 1 5/9/2011
WSJO-FM 0 0 0 Hot AC Atlantic City, NJ Millennium Radio Group 142 5/9/2011
WWFS-FM * 15 0 0 AC New York CBS Radio 1 5/2/2011

Additionally, as of 6:00 am eastern today, TLG has already received 32 spins since midnight. Great

I'm not signed up to rate at yes.com (I don't have time to figure it all out) but you can go here and watch as David's songs are played... see what station is playing which of his songs in real time, and keep track of things like that 32 plays since midnight. It's kind of fun to watch even if you aren't signed up and rating.

You can also go to this page on Mediabase, which updates every 60 seconds and will show new adds as stations add the song.

Magic 89.9 (Philippine's Best FM Radio Station) added TLG a couple of weeks ago. It's the highest new entry last May 8. Yesterday (and today also) it's on the Top 5 at 5 countdown standing in #5. Great just sayin' Smile

Guest Guest

That's great new, Nicko!!! I wish they had brought the song here too! I think it isn't even in Brazil or Argentina yet Tantrum

Thanks Jeannie for that detailed info! It's good to learn more about how the industry works 'cause the more we know the better we can help promote David Great So anyone who sees a station in their area has added the song, please request it, post about it or whatever you can do, lol.

ETA: WPLJ has the video from David's performance in AI , on Ellen, acoustic at 94.7, etc. and links to buy it at iTunes and Amazon cheers

Guest Guest
TLG just hit 50 spins today... yesterday was 39 for the whole day. Things are looking good.

Guest Guest
Cheers

Jeannie wrote:
TLG just hit 50 spins today... yesterday was 39 for the whole day. Things are looking good.

Is this like 50 spins Nationwide?

@vsteph1 wrote:
Jeannie wrote:

Is this like 50 spins Nationwide?

I believe so. There is a list further up of the stations that have added the song. Hopefully both that list and the spins count will rise rapidly now that people are just starting to hear and will be able to recognize the song.
DC Cheerleader

Guest Guest
Yes, that is nationwide.

Unless you are Lady Gaga or someone like that, this is very typical of how a single starts slowly and works it's way up. Fifty spins at this point is very good.

Jeannie wrote:
Yes, that is nationwide.

Unless you are Lady Gaga or someone like that, this is very typical of how a single starts slowly and works it's way up. Fifty spins at this point is very good.

Cool, I guess. Smile

Guest Guest
It's up to 59 spins today now.

Guest Guest
There isn't one. Mediabase may do one, but they only keep track of monitored stations. And not all stations are monitored.

The numbers I'm posting are because some very helpful people sit in the David Cook chatroom at yes.com and keep track of his spins. When one person counting has to leave, someone else picks up for the first one and carries on the count.

Guest Guest

Stacy, here's a link to Mediabase weekly statistics http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/insideradio/charts.asp?format=4&showyear=y&dpt=n

If you look at TLG way down the page, it was ranked #46 for the week of April 26/May 2 with 13 spins and ranked #38 for the week of May 3/May9 with 27 spins. Very Happy

I'm guessing that when they close this week that will change a lot!!! And also, if you compare David with the well-known names in that list, 50 spins so soon sound pretty good Very Happy

Guest Guest
Just remember that Mediabase does not count all spins... only spins on monitored stations. And they don't monitor all stations. For example, like 15 spins from today were Radio Disney channels - and those don't count on Mediabase.

TLG also got an add at a Canadian station today... CKRV-FM, Hot AC, out of Kamloops.

Wow, Jeannie, I didn't realize there was such a dedicated group effort at yes.com. That's great of them! How do they keep such careful track, with what stations and everything? Do they have a google spreadsheet they all can access or something?

Thanks, Made, can't wait for this week's numbers!

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:
TLG also got an add at a Canadian station today... CKRV-FM, Hot AC, out of Kamloops.

Cookifying the world one station at a time, lol
DC Cheerleader

Guest Guest

I can't listen Tantrum But I'll make a screen cap DC Cheerleader

I tried to call the local top 40 station here today to see when they might be adding it or if they could play it but no one answered the phones!

if they played that song like they do that ke$ha crap he'd be number one in no time!!

I've got wplj on the computer live right now. I wanna hear David Cook.

Oh, my Top 40 station refuses to acknowledge him, even though the female DJ claims to be a fan. I've texted the station at least a dozen times since Dave performed TLG on Idol to see when/if they're going to add it- or hell, just give it a spin- and the only thing the DJ says in response is, "I'm not ignoring your texts, we just have a lot of traffic on the topic we're talking about right now. I'm not in charge of what songs we play."

WTF Totally didn't answer my question, bitch. See if I listen to your shit station anymore.

Yeah, or David's definition of soon. * turned down this current song. I can't stand it. Will turn it up in 2 mins.

Guest Guest
LOL flag soon, meaning today???

Wow, now I am remembering why I rarely listen to the radio.