Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*PLANNING THREAD* 11/18/11 Falls Church, VA - State Theater

Guest Guest
Welcome to the planning thread for the November 18, 2011 Falls Church, VA, State Theater concert. This is the place to share your excitement, find out who is going, make any plans to meet up with other friends at the show, look for someone to share transportation, hotel rooms, etc.

Please be aware that all information in this thread is, to the best of our knowledge, current at this time; but is subject to change at the discretion of the venue or tour management. We recommend that you use the links we will provide below to watch the websites for any changes in ticket sales or other information.

TICKET INFO

Tickets onsale now and can be purchased HERE.

TIckets cost $25.

VENUE INFO

Doors open at 7:00, Concert at 8:00.

USTREAMING

We are hoping to Ustream as many of the shows as possible, and for this we need your help. If you are going to the show and have an iPhone, Windows phone, or other Android phone, and would be willing to help bring the show to all of us who cannot be there, please send a PM to Stacy (realiTVlover) and she will give you further information. Ideally, we would love to have two streamers per show - one as a primary, and one as a backup if needed. Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to help out this way. We really appreciate it!
Hug

Have fun planning your show, and if you find any further helpful information about the venue or show, please post it here so we can add it to the original post.

Guest Guest

New show! Yahoo!

This is not a show with Gavin DeGraw, but a solo David Cook show.

Guest Guest

Come on Dave, just a bit further North please LOL flag

Waaah! I am going to this show! I just have to buy tickets and when I press the "buy tickets" tab I get directed to the Reckless Kelly show on 11/17. I can't access David! Mad

Also, minor detail- the city is Falls Church (not Church Falls) VA. Laughing

Guest Guest
LOL flag I fixed it!

No problem, Barb!

Does anyone think tickets could be sold out already??? I'm thinking it is so freshly announced that they cannot be purchased yet despite the website leading you to believe you can. I hope.

Guest Guest
From what I have read on twitter it may have been an error to have tix available now. I think there will be a for sale date announced soon.

Guest Guest
They were available for a short time this evening when you got yours Cindy-then the link to buy became inactive. I imagine they of course will be honored and a date for the sale of tickets will be announced soon.

Thanks for the update Barb. Apparently, the ticket drama prevails.

Guest Guest
LOL flag Cindy-it does as usual when it comes to David & tour. I am so glad he is going to stay on the road.

I am hoping for Florida dates but I will see him the last 3 DC/GD shows then fly home the morning of the Chris Evert tennis thing. Looking forward to it again since I live 15 minutes from there!

I was in the hair salon when I got a text about the Falls Church show. I didn't even think about it, I just proceeded to purchase the Tix via my iPhone. The State Theatre is only a few miles from my office so I had to make the concert work - somehow. I am seeing David four times in November, plus, I am seeing Daughtry too. I will be deaf by Thanksgiving.

Barb, you are fortunate to be able to attend the tennis event. I am sure David will snake his way South. He might have a need to escape cold November weather.

Guest Guest

One of my friends at the Denver show heard him say there would be Florida date/dates announced as someone at the M&G was from FL and asked him so *fingers crossed* that happens & I can get off work!

The tennis event is so much fun-I pre-ordered our tickets in July as we were going no matter if David was coming back or not. We will miss the Friday night cocktail party as he will too since we will be seeing him in Boone,NC that night. The cocktail party is not a big deal-they just introduce most of the participants and wisk them off so no fan interaction.

Ie it November yet? Excited2

Guest Guest
@redsoxmom wrote:
Waaah! I am going to this show! I just have to buy tickets and when I press the "buy tickets" tab I get directed to the Reckless Kelly show on 11/17. I can't access David! Mad

Also, minor detail- the city is Falls Church (not Church Falls) VA. Laughing

Embarassed Sorry about that. Thanks Chrissie for pointing it out, and Barb for fixing it.

Chrissie, I am so happy for you! I'm guessing this is one of those cases where they weren't supposed to have the tickets on sale yet, but screwed up momentarily. Keep watching, and I'm sure the link will go live again.

Thanks for the reassurance, Jeannie. I'll be watching the State Theater site, mark my words! Cindy, glad you nailed those tickets when you could!

Guest Guest
StateTheatreDC The State Theatre
Quote :
We're experiencing technical issues w/ purchasing David Cook tix online. Please bear with us. However, tix are avail by phone/in person.

Here is the website with box office phone number & hours~

http://www.thestatetheatre.com/tickets.xml

ETA~
Quote :
StateTheatreDC: We are back in business! Purchase your David Cook tickets here: bit.ly qY7Lr8 @thedavidcook

Yay, Chrissie! Have a great time, you, and everyone going to this one. As if it's possible to not have a great time at a David Cook concert. LOL flag

Guest Guest
Although David Cook Tix still shows VIPs available for purchase, this is in red on the State Theater website:

All Ages. 21 and up to drink. Valid ID required. Please note that there is NO VIP sound check party/early access at this show. If you have purchased a VIP ticket through the David Cook website, please contact them directly for information and refunds.

SOURCE

Guest Guest
It's show day... locking this thread down now. Please continue your discussions HERE.