Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

10/11/11 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant Concert

Jeannie wrote:
It bugs me too, Dorothy. He asked people to be quiet in the Ohio State Fair Columbus show on the Declaration Tour. Made quite a banter out of it, and it worked. I was there for that one, and it was awesome how quiet the room was. I wish it would be that way all the time. I guess some people don't feel that way though.

yeah I was at that show too, and I actually have video of him telling us that during the song to be quiet and not yell or scream when he sings the acapella porting of Lie and it worked

kcbban wrote:
hehe... I just saw the next tweet you posted so figured that's it. Cute. Smile

The pic isn't working for me Very Sad

Hello all! I just wanted to add my recap of the St. Louis show was awesome and beyond awesome. The VIP meet and greet is really an excellent addition and I hope that it continues. I talked to so many who for them this was their first opportunity to meet David in the flesh. The whole concert was epic with all 3 bands really rocking it out. I also stayed for the after concert meet and greet with Gavin and David. This is were if you bought a bundle for $45.00 of a cd/poster/tee shirt with Gavin or David you got a m and g and a pic with both guys and they signed something. I decided to do this because I'd never done anything like this before and this concert is my only one to attend this time so why not go for it. I'm posting my 2 pics with Dave and gang. Please excuse the one with Dave and Gavin but it was about 1 a.m. and I'd been up almost 24 hours. I'm back home now! Tired but or so on "cloud nine". I'm not coming down for a long time after this one.

My meet and greet pic with Dave and band. I love love love this one.

Gavin, tired Me, Dave

Guest Guest
Debra, I'm so happy for you! Great pics and it doesn't matter about "tired you". The moment must have been fantastic!

Guest Guest

Paper Heart by bowlinbabe:

Guest Guest
Awww too cute.

This is the best recording of 'The Hand that Feeds' I've seen to date. Not sure it could get much better than this. It is Kristen's recording.

Fixed it. Smile

Guest Guest
Aww, Dave and his nephew... *melts*

Guest Guest

Thanks for posting Kristen's "The Hand that Feeds", Viv. Though "Bite the Hand" sounds better LOL Face

Made wrote:
Thanks for posting Kristen's "The Hand that Feeds", Viv. Though "Bite the Hand" sounds better LOL Face

That's what I meant. It was 3am. That's my excuse. lol

Guest Guest

^^^ Forgiven! LOL flag

Guest Guest
REM - via ovethemusicdc

Kathy - thanks for posting the pics of David's nephew! Too freakin adorable for words!!

After watching that REM video I actually said out loud "Damn! He's gotten so fucking good on stage!" I'll bet his throat was killing him after that show, though. He sounded pretty gravelly, and someone said that they heard he was kinda hoarse at the M&G. Ugh, tour voice! Poor David! Someone needs to take him an herbal tea with slippery elm. I think the brand Traditional Medicinals has a throat tea that works really well. Just an FYI for anyone going to any future M&G's.

I'm a little concerned that he's got "tour voice" already, after...what? Three shows? But maybe his voice just needs to get used to the workout it's getting.

Guest Guest
He had what he called a raspy voice even at sound check on Monday. LOL, one of his comments was that when he laughs when his voice is raspy, it sounds like he's stoned, and when he hears himself laughing like that, it makes him laugh harder.

I think his voice isn't used to the workout it's getting right now. I'm sure as he gets back into the "habit" of singing every night it will be fine.

I think you're right that he's breaking them in to the duty they'll be on. After a day off they should be nearly in top form tonight I would think!

Aren't there vocal exercises that they can do to prepare for things like touring? I love that we are all concerned over his voice. Maybe we should get him some of that tea that Peggy mentioned above. lol

It was nice putting names to faces with some of the people I met whether it was at the sound check/ m&g, the concert itself, or the post show m&g.

I found this at tumblr and need to share.... MeltAwww Love

David with nephew Marshall

BEYOND ADORABLE !!!

Guest Guest

You look awesome! And look at Kyle's face! LOL flag

Made wrote:
You look awesome! And look at Kyle's face! LOL flag

Thanks!!! Kyle's so funny!!

I'm enjoying seeing all the M&G photos. ...and David with Marshall is just too cute! Love the pic of Andy doing the fistbump with the little guy. Awww Love

So, I said upthread that it would be so cool if we got a surprise song...I guess we did! The NIN cover is....

love plode HOt HOT HOT!!!!

hope it appears on a setlist again

I have a few minutes so I will tell you about my M&G experience real quick. We were to arrive no later than 2:45 pm at the box office to check-in and receive our VIP passes. I had a 2 hour drive and left around 12 pm (plenty of time right? WRONG!!!!) I was cruising along making good time when all of a sudden BAMB!!!! Traffic on the higway is at a dead stand still. At this point I have about 30 more miles until I get to the venue and it is getting close to 2 pm. I put my make up on in the car while waiting, check my phone for alternate routes, look up news stations for what the problem is up ahead, scan the AM stations for a traffice report. Hmmmm, 30 mintues later I still know NOTHING and I'm still not moving!!!! Finally we start a creepy crawl down the highway. Slowly, slowly, but finally we get past a terribel accident and on the road again (in panic mode I might add). I have 30 minutes at this point and I am positive I am going to be late and they won't let me in. Pull in the parking lot and park at 2:46 pm. Hop out of my car huffing it to the Box Office. Walk between the venue and the hotel and I hear Time Marches On being sound checked.....shit I'm too late. Come around the corner to find a huge line of people at the box office. Thinking I already missed my group I figured this was Gavin's VIP people. Confire with people in line and find out that no this is in fact David Cook's VIP people....oh, really? Well, he is sound checking right now!!! So I guess we get the sound check after the "official" sound check. So back of the line I go and wait for my VIP Pass. I started visting with a couple of really nice ladies that I stayed with during most of the afternoon/evening, Kasy & Sandy!!!! At some point after 2 pm we were allowed into the venue and right up to the stage where David & band were waiting on us. He sang Lie (his choice), then asked what songs we wanted to here. He checked the set-list against our requests and if it was being played that night he didn't play it. He played...GBTTG & LMFFY. Talked about the "pants incident", his capri pajama pants & his raspy voice/trying to rest is voice for the show. Humbly apologized for being so late on the draw with these M&G things but he just had a hard time asking/believing that people would pay money to talk to him. Onto the M&G part.....The venue told my group there was approximately 130 VIP's (not sure if that is for Davi's group only OR both David & Gavin) but there were alot of David VIP's and we were told that Gavin limits his to 30 VIP's per show. So, we wait in line, and we wait in line some more waiting our turn. We were at the end of the line (just 1 group of girls behind us). First up: Kyle. I asked to see more pics of Kyle's baby and he showed me some on his phone. I commented about how big she looked & he said she weighed 8 lbs 8 oz when she was born (isn't that sweet? He remebers her exact weight!!! My husband is totally & completely clueless on the weight of any of his 3 children!!!) So, while Kyle & I are looking at pics & chatting David & Monty starting talking to each other. Me & Kyle are done and there I stand in the middle of David & Monty's conversation for what seemed like FOREVER just standing there in front of them looking stupid holding my VIP Pass for them to sign. Then David looked and me & said "Oh, Hi Darling" And I Melt I introduced myself to Monty as I had never meet him or had my pic taken with him....he shook my hand. Now Dave: don't remember a thing but we apparently talked about something (I think LOL). He signed my VIP Pass and passed it down the row to Andy & Devin. Picture taking time....picture done. Dave checked over my VIP Pass to be sure there were 5 signatures and then reached out & give me a hug without me initiating it and thanked me for coming. I wanted to talk to Andy & Devin as well but since they had already signed my VIP Pass I didn't really know what to say and walked past them and just said hi. I didn't want to take up much of their time because they had been standing there for hours talking to people & I knew his family was there and he wanted to spend time with them. He mom arrived during the M&G and went to the front of the line real quick & saw him, then went back stage to wait for the M&G to be over. I hope he was able to spend some quality time with her that night too!!! At this point it is past 5 and we still want to grab a bite to eat & need to be back at the venue in 1 hour for entry. YIKES!!!!

Guest Guest

Thanks for the M&G recap! Glad you got there on time and got your pic and VIP pass signed Great

It seems lots of us get into a catatonic state when standing in front of David LOL Face

Christine, i love your pic and your recap. I loved the part where you said that David said he couldn't believe that people would pay money to talk to him. I am still amazed after the last 3 years, and all that we do to travel great distances to see him, wait in lines, sometimes all day or overnight, vote, vote, vote, defend him, etc., that he still is surprised that we would pay money just to talk to him.

Anyway, great picture and great recap. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Guest Guest
Thanks for sharing your photo and experience with us!

I'm looking for two videos from this show. Not sure they exist, but if they do could someone point me in the right direction.

First, Is there a video of when David called his nephew to him,, and the little boy ran across the stage and ran to his arms?

2nd, I'm looking for a video of when David gave us a shout out when he said to all of those listening on the web.

I haven't been able to find these.

Thanks.

Viv

Guest Guest

I was looking for Marshall's video and just found it!!! Thanks to mskristen8108.

Melt

Guest Guest
Melting now.

Guest Guest
Seriously... that's just too much.

Guest Guest
@vsteph1 wrote:
I'm looking for two videos from this show. Not sure they exist, but if they do could someone point me in the right direction.

First, Is there a video of when David called his nephew to him,, and the little boy ran across the stage and ran to his arms?

2nd, I'm looking for a video of when David gave us a shout out when he said to all of those listening on the web.

I haven't been able to find these.

Thanks.

Viv

I found the first one Very Happy We might ask someone who was there if they remember next to what song he gave the web listeners shout out.

Guest Guest
I think it was during the encore, but not positive.

Guest Guest
Then maybe is before or after FIM.

BTW, I've updated the videos post in the first page of this thread.

Christine, thanks for that recap and your picture is adorable!!

But one thing...................Capri pajamas's?? Really? Laughing hystericall

omg I love him.
Awww Love

Made wrote:
I was looking for Marshall's video and just found it!!! Thanks to mskristen8108.

Melt

Made wrote:

Melt

How friggin adorable was this when he ran into Uncle David's arms/

I loved when he said at the end: Back to the action. I'm not playin Free Bird. lmao

Thanks for finding the video for me.

0Okay, that is the cutest video ever!! I don't know who was cuter, David or Marshall!!

@Serenity wrote:

omg I love him.
Awww Love

I think he technically called them "lounge pants" but according to Andy they are "pajama pants" and they are capris
LOL

@dc122082 wrote:
@Serenity wrote:

omg I love him.
Awww Love

I think he technically called them "lounge pants" but according to Andy they are "pajama pants" and they are capris
LOL

TOOO funny! Thanks for sharing your story with us, Christine.

You know, when you pop in, I am ALWAYS reminded of the pom-poms you donated to one of the best Mavid dances in KC. Good times. Smile

Loving all the M&G photos!

I read a lot of threads but don’t post much. I was wondering if one of you could tell me (that went to the VIP/soundcheck/meet and greet thingy, what time it starts. The VIP ticket order site says 7:00 for a 7:30 concert, which can’t be right. If I go to the Cincy show, I would have a 2 hour drive so couldn’t make it very early. Do you guys know what time you get there for the soundcheck, etc?

Guest Guest
You'll get an email before the show (and I mean right before - I got mine at 6:00 Saturday night for a Monday show) telling you what time to be there. It varies, depending on who is closing the show - the last person soundchecks first - and in Cincy I believe Gavin is closing. So Gavin's will be before David's.

The time on the site is "doors open" and "concert starts."

In Columbus, Gavin's soundcheck started around 3:30 I think, but they were running late because of a radio show they did, and they let us in for David's soundcheck somewhere around 4:45. (We were originally told 4:00 for soundcheck.) Doors were set to open at 6:30 for a 7:00 show. We were done with the M&G about 15 minutes before they opened the doors - we were at the end of the line and were almost the last ones.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.