Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

11/06/11 - Cleveland, OH - Palace Theater Concert

Guest Guest
Great pics! But I think that if he wears that shirt one more time, it's going to disintegrate right before our very eyes.

Not that that would be a bad thing.....

lol, dp!

I wouldn't mind thought What a Face

Found out they added the M&G too late, we're gonna try for it tonight in cincy. The show was amazing and Dave kept his promise he made me in Columbus!!! I got Life on the Moon!! Excited2

And that Zepplin cover was Sooo Hot!!!

Did any one see Kyle, skib and Monty throwing pics at Gavin's band during the end if Gavin's set? So funny I got a few good shots.

I got lots of good shots from the show last night i will hopefully have them up soon Smile

I think I will write a brief recap since I have no energy in which to clean out my fridge.

I took a friend along who had never heard of DC or GD. I had never heard of Canaan Smith so we were even on that. We met a friend of mine from the proverbial box forum and grabbed a bite to eat before the show. Good thing since my PB friend had the tickets.

We got to the theater with plenty of time to spare so I was able to go down and chat with Jeannie, Rachel and Eve for a little bit. It was so good to see them again. Then the concert started. I was actually hoping for no opening act but we got Canaan Smith. I didn't realize they were supposed to be country. It didn't sound very country to me. The Eagles sound more country than they did. They were good. I enjoyed their set although I was still wanting to end sooner so we could get to Dave. Then we finally got to Dave's set. I did a lot of singing, screaming, clapping and dancing. It had been waaaay too long since I saw them in May of '09. I loved all of the songs but was a bit disappointed that we didn't get GTTG and I wish they would play more of TLM and less of DCTR. One highlight of the evening was when plaid shirt guy picked Led Zeppelin over Muse (I'm pretty sure he had no idea what he was picking). The other highlight was acoustic FIM. It melted me into a puddle of goo.

After all of that singing and screaming I went to get a beverage. $3.50 for a 20 oz. bottle of diet Coke. Really? I pay less than that sometimes for a 12-pack. I definitely pay less than that for a 2-liter. I know they all screw you but this was Cleveland and not a big stadium or arena.

Then Gavin's set started. At first you couldn't understand a word that he sang. Thankfully they fixed his sound after the first few songs. He got better as the set progressed. I am so glad I waited it out. I really like him. I plan to get his CD soon.

I could tell my friend really liked Gavin and she even liked Canaan Smith. I'm pretty sure she isn't a fan of Dave but she would never tell me. I think she just doesn't like rock that much.

I got home close to midnight. I was exhausted but of course couldn't sleep. I am so glad I got to one concert for this tour because it is likely going to be the only one.

Guest Guest
Will recap later... leaving for Gavin's and David's VIPs in a minute, but thought I'd check in from the hotel. Wonderful evening... fantastic set - very rock and roll. Dave looked great (our seats were awesome) and sounded wonderful. Gavin's set was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed him! Canaan Smith is very cute. Not my style of music, but I enjoyed him.

Off to do it all again!

Guest Guest

"Plaid Shirt" hehe

by dee79

kcbban wrote:
"Plaid Shirt" hehe

by dee79

OMG! This is the first time I've seen this. He was such a smart ass! I fucking love smart ass Dave! Very Happy

What does it say about me that whenever I come to any of these threads, there could be fifty videos to choose from, most of which undoubtedly contain astounding vocal performances, but I always gravitate first to the ones with banter?

I don't care what it says about me....it's always so worth it! The plaid shirt banter was spontaneous and hilarious!

i'm with you DP - I always look for the banter first! LOL In fact, I try to video ALL of david's banter at the shows I go to, more so than the songs.

I LOVE David's banter, he's so damned funny! I look forward to it after every show! Very Happy

Guest Guest
That was so fucking funny... I'm glad someone immortalized "plaid shirt!"

Plaid shirt guy was awesome. I will have to watch the video when I am at the library so I can relive it properly.

Thanks to Kathy for posting a few of my pics here. I just got home from Cincinnati. I took 1034 photos at Cleveland and 899 at York. I shoot raw so all have to be edited before posting. I will start posting this evening or tomorrow. I am very pleased with my shots and hope you will like thm too. I was unable to snap anything in Cincinnati becuse the venue would not let me inside with my camera. Sucks! I had to take my camera to the car.

It is going to take a long time for met to plow through my files. I will edit and post pics in batches. The rent-a-cop sitting next to me almost prevented me from using my camera. He would not let me use my pro 200mm lens, so I used my all purpose 300mm lens. In addition, he said I could not extend the zoom on the lens. When he was sticking his face in someone else's camera, i extended the zoom. I was so close to David (first row) that I was unable to capture much dynamism and I would have been able to do this had the rent-a-cop allowed me to use my other lens. Nevertheless, I am pleased to have been able to use my camera - unlike the situation in Cincinnati.

busch_11.jpg

busch_12.jpg

busch_13.jpg

busch_14.jpg

busch_16.jpg

busch_17.jpg

busch_18.jpg

busch_19.jpg

busch_20.jpg

busch_21.jpg

busch_24.jpg

busch_23.jpg

busch_25.jpg

busch_27.jpg

busch_29.jpg

busch_30.jpg

busch_31.jpg

Guest Guest

Cindy those are gorgeous... you were sitting right in front of us! I saw him give you a hard time, and loved how you kept sneaking when he wasn't looking. LOL Face Wish I had known that was you, I would have tapped you on the shoulder and said hi!

Jeannie wrote:
Cindy those are gorgeous... you were sitting right in front of us! I saw him give you a hard time, and loved how you kept sneaking when he wasn't looking. LOL Face Wish I had known that was you, I would have tapped you on the shoulder and said hi!

Too bad we did not connect Jeannie! Yes, that rent-a-cop was a PIA. He kept looking at my camera monitor to make sure I wasn't taking vids. I talked my way into using my camera though. He said Professionals are not allowed to take pics. I reminded him that I was not a professional --- even though I was also holding a pro lens on my lap. I had to put that away. He was not employed by the venue which made the entire experience more exasperating. The venue never announced a camera restriction. I wish David's team would send a message to the venues about camera use. Obviously, David does not care about camera use and besides, he understands the concept of free marketing. Gavin didn't care either. At one point in his song, Gavin walked right into my lens - within inches of it. Cincy, however, was the most exasperating experience. I would have gotten the best pics given the low rise of the stage and the monitors positioned on the venue floor. No obstructions. I did not know what to do with my hands at this concert because I was not holding a camera.

Guest Guest

That's frustrating. Cincy was okay with cameras - not with your lenses though apparently. But the security guy by us was a major video Nazi. Eve was trying to video GTTG and he stopped her as soon as he saw. When Dave started doing the unplugged FIM, Eve started recording and I was ready to kill the guy if he came near her. Fortunately he didn't. LOL Face

Jeannie wrote:
That's frustrating. Cincy was okay with cameras - not with your lenses though apparently. But the security guy by us was a major video Nazi. Eve was trying to video GTTG and he stopped her as soon as he saw. When Dave started doing the unplugged FIM, Eve started recording and I was ready to kill the guy if he came near her. Fortunately he didn't. LOL Face

In Cincy, I was told that cameras had to be able to fit into a shirt pocket to be allowed into the venue. None of my cameras fit into a pocket. They barely fit into my giant bag and they are 16 pounds with a lens. Cincy would not even let me in the lobby with these cameras and I can't hide these on my body. I should have tried to hide my Canon point and shoot with the 36 X zoom - it would have been better than nothing. Next time, I will be better prepared. The policy of late has been relaxed so I did not think of contingency plans.

Guest Guest
Eve's camera is way too big to put in a pocket. They made her open her camera bag and looked at it, but let it through. It doesn't have a detachable lens though. Maybe that was the difference?

Jeannie wrote:
Eve's camera is way too big to put in a pocket. They made her open her camera bag and looked at it, but let it through. It doesn't have a detachable lens though. Maybe that was the difference?

They would not let me take in my point and shoot (no detachable lens) - like Eve's camera. They said it would not fit in a pocket, therefore it is not allowed in. I guess I got a pissy door monitor - she actually took my bag from my arm and looked inside. I drag three cameras with me and sometimes five lenses so it is a load. Even though I prefer my DSLR in every instance, I always have my fail safe point and shoot (camera without a detachable lens) with me though ...the fail safe plan did not work for me this time. My friend had her point and shoot Nikon P90 and she was not allowed inside with it either. I am still crushed that I missed such a great photo opp.

@vsteph1 wrote:
kcbban wrote:
"Plaid Shirt" hehe

by dee79

OMG! This is the first time I've seen this. He was such a smart ass! I fucking love smart ass Dave! Very Happy

AWESOME banter lmao. LOVE smart-ass Dave. The "Excuse me!" was my favorite part. ROFLOL

Guest Guest
Cindy, Thanks for the gorgeous photos!

DP, I love the banter videos too. His sense of humor and snark are a huge part of why I keep coming back for more.

Cindy, your pictures never cease top amaze me!! Thanks for sharing them and so sorry they gave you such a hard time!

THank you Serenity! Much appreciated!

Here is batch # 2. I am going to have to be more selective with subsequent batch postings. About 85% of my Cleveland file is high quality so I better look for unusual images and expressions or else I will never get done posting.

busch_32.jpg

busch_33.jpg

busch_34.jpg

busch_35.jpg

busch_36.jpg

busch_37.jpg

busch_38.jpg

busch_39.jpg

busch_40.jpg

busch_41.jpg

busch_42.jpg

busch_43.jpg

busch_45.jpg

busch_46.jpg

busch_47.jpg

busch_48.jpg

busch_49.jpg

busch_50.jpg

busch_51.jpg

busch_44.jpg

@dudwalt wrote:
 busch_33.jpg

km;owrgiowinasytdf

DroolDroolDrool

ETA: PLEASE for the love of God David, please just give me one song sans guitar at Irving Plaza. Any song. It could be the fucking Magic Rainbows and I'd be happy. Please!

Cindy, your pics are.....amazingly beautiful. Of course so is the subject. Very Happy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks for banter vids first. I saw people on twitter talking about plaid shirt guy, but I couldn't find the video. The grunt he gave in exasperation was hilarious. And the "Excuuuuse me.... Cleeeeveland" had me lmao.

omg those are FABulous!! Really great shot of the band too!

But THIS one.....I can't stop staring at his lips!! LOL Cupid must be pissed!! LOL flag

@dudwalt wrote:
 busch_33.jpg

Guest Guest
JFC....he is fucking beautiful!!!! that.is.all

Cindy, your pics are STUNNING!!! Thank you for sharing!

Guest Guest

My turn ... Smile

Guest Guest
EveAngelical wrote:

HOLY SHIT!!!! Eve!! That smile of his...... it's gonna kill us all!!!

Tricia wrote:
EveAngelical wrote:

HOLY SHIT!!!! Eve!! That smile of his...... it's gonna kill us all!!!

Holy smokes!! That's the one that got me too!! LOL Awww Love

EveAngelical wrote:

Holy Shit. Look at the second one in this group. Gorgeous. Eve, just wow!

Cindy - your pics are beautiful!! You got some amazing shots!! Oh, and if you never stop posting pictures, we would all be good with that! LOL flag Thank you so much for sharing them with us!!

Eve - Thank you again for more beautiful pics!

Devin is very animated and really seems to enjoy performing with David and the boys. It's nice to see.

I feel the same. If possible, he smiles even more than David does. They all seem to be having a blast up there on the stage each night.

What song did Devin go on his knees on? I want to see the video. Hopefully someone captured that moment on video. I know most video's focus on Dave, and that's cool. But when something like that happens, or Devin has a solo, I like to see that. Any idea if someone captured that on video?

I used to love when Neal used to do that kind of thing too. Smile

Guest Guest
Devin is awesome. He's not Neal, and I'm okay with that. I think it would be much harder to accept someone new if they were too much like the "old" guy, KWIM?

But I think having Devin there has freshened up some of the older songs, and the smiles and energy he brings to the stage are great... not to mention his obvious talent.

Don't get me wrong, I love Neal, and always will... but I don't really miss him onstage. Devin has stepped in smoothly and the band is functioning as a very cohesive unit, just like they did when Neal was there. It's different, but not in a bad way. *ducks tomatoes*

The song he was on his knees for was "Rock and Roll" I think. I could be wrong though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.