Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

11/17/11 - Wilmington, NC - Brooklyn Arts Center Concert

Guest Guest

This is the place to post all tweets, recaps, pics and vids of the November 17, 2011, Wilmington, NC, Brooklyn Arts Center concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We will not tolerate any talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board.

2. When posting photos and videos, please give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap) whenever possible. If you see an uncredited photo/video in this thread and know who took it, we'd love for you to share her/his name so we can add the credit to the post it's in. And finally, out of respect for the fantastic photographers we have in the fandom, we ask that, if you'd like to use a photo you see here for an avatar, signature or other graphic, please contact the photographer first for permission if you are able, before altering any of their work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setlist

Circadian
Kiss On The Neck
The Last Goodbye
Hard To Believe
Heroes
Paper Heart
Come Back To Me
Let Me Fall For You
Declaration
Goodbye to the Girl
Rock and Roll
Barbasol
Light On
Fade Into Me
Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest
First solo show of the tour... Have a great time, everyone who is going!

Guest Guest
Enjoy the show!

YAY for the solo tour!! Everyone have a great day!! Say "Hi" to Andrew for me! LOL

Have a Great Time Everyone who is going First leg of the Solo Tour Yayyyyyyyyyy.

Guest Guest
Have fun everyone!

Guest Guest

Have a great time, everyone going! Smile

ItsMyT1me
The. Venue... Brooklyn Arts Center twitpic.com/7fi2kb

David Cook soundchecking Circadian NC

I thought they didn't allow pics or vids taken at soundcheck? scratch

Guest Guest
They don't... or at least they didn't on the co-tour. Well, they did allow pictures at the first couple, until people started videoing. Then they stopped pictures too.

No clue if they have loosened up the rules, or if that picture shouldn't have been taken.

SET LIST
Circ, KOTN, TLG, HTB, HEROES, PH, CBTM, LMFFY, DEC, GTTG, R&R, BBS, LO, FIM, REM. crazy awesome setlist Smile

Guest Guest
Great

Quote :
valermarie Valerie
Got vid of abt half the show including stripped FIM #WilmingtonFailStyle and REM w/ some focus fail. Oh well. Upload in a few hours Wink

I hope you get it also Stacy-I got it in Greenville & I'm uploading my guitarless R&R vid now!

Guest Guest
What an awesome setlist!!!

*crossing fingers for you Stacy*

Guest Guest

Hard to Believe w/ banter by YouveGotTweets:

Guest Guest
Reading back over tweets from some people who were there, it seems David did the unplugged and mic-less version of FIM again last night.

Valermarie was there, so there should be some fantastic photos from her boyfriend Nick (Diamond D Photography.) Seems he got a press pass, so they should be really good! And Val tweeted that she got some videos (including FIM) from her spot a few rows back.

Guest Guest

Valermarie's REM:

Guest Guest

And her unplugged FIM:

Guest Guest
Wow-looking forward to more from Nick~

@DiamondDPhoto Nick
Spent first 3 songs in the 2ft wide "pit" tonight to bring you images of @theDavidCook like this! #WilmingtonNC http://pic.twitter.com/XHPqTOQk

Guest Guest

Here is Valermarie's GTTG~thanks-so beautiful-no guitar.

ShookByCook wrote:

@DiamondDPhoto Nick
Spent first 3 songs in the 2ft wide "pit" tonight to bring you images of @theDavidCook like this! #WilmingtonNC http://pic.twitter.com/XHPqTOQk

Shocked

Holy crap! I think he's starting to think like a fan girl! LOL flag

Guest Guest
Nick takes amazing photos!

Thanks for posting the beautiful vids Barb. I just had a chance to take a look and they are lovely.

GTTG without the guitar. I am a teary wreck right now. Before the start of the tour I'd envisioned this song being played this way. I don't know what to say. It was gorgeous, I'm speechless. Thanks Dave Awww Love

I'm glad that he is slowly getting more comfortable performing without the guitar. Being able to perform with it, without it and (fingers crossed) at the piano will just make him a more formidable talent than he already is.

Guest Guest
I just got to watch that video... I am totally in love. I love that song, and that guitarless version was beautiful.

It is nice to see him stepping away from the guitar every now and then. I'm very glad to see it.

Guest Guest
I'm glad that he is slowly getting more comfortable performing without the guitar. Being able to perform with it, without it and (fingers crossed) at the piano will just make him a more formidable talent than he already is.

I asked for piano at the soundcheck I went to in Greenville since his voice was tired he said. So fast thinking David said to Andy-ok play some piano-which he started playing Dancing in the Dark LOL Face Then that led into GTTG which was the only time I heard that song- it made me cry-it is so beautiful live.

Jeannie wrote:
And her unplugged FIM:

I absolutely love this video. The crowd kept cracking him up. The comments he kept making throught the song just had me lmao.

ShookByCook wrote:

Holy Sheep! It's so beautiful !!! Awww LoveMelt

Somehow remembered me his performances of Anodyne !! Melt

UGH..I am on the whole absences makes the heart grow founder thing until my show on 12/3 so I am staying away from anything DC live..been a week w/o, need a fix bad,lol..need to get a life bad too..but I figured it will make more excited for my show..and it..and what a better way to get a fix then in person..but I really want to see that guitarless GTTG vid..ugh..I WILL NOT GIVE IN!

Guest Guest
@Serenity wrote:
ShookByCook wrote:

@DiamondDPhoto Nick

Shocked

Holy crap! I think he's starting to think like a fan girl! LOL flag

I think he IS a fan girl LOL flag

Goodbye to the Girl was just beautiful with the guitar . I got teary eyed with. I cannot believe 2 weeks from tonight i will get to hear that voice live its really happening. Crying non-stop

A side note that FIM video was a tad distracting im trying to watch him and my eyes kept looking at the shirt i think he lowered another button i noticed he got more hairy . LOL flag

Guest Guest
ShookByCook wrote:

SHIT!!! I am a blubbering mess after watching that! So beautiful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.