Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

David singing the NA at Watkins Glen Saturday August 11th

Guest Guest
Still don't know which day, but THIS ARTICLE confirms he will be there.

Quote :
Some of those bookings include David Cook, former boxing champion Michael Moore and L.A. Kings Captain Dustin Brown to drop the green flag.

There are two races that weekend, August 11th and 12th. As soon as we know which day he's performing, we will update the title of the thread.

eta:

Quote :
David Cook ‏@thedavidcook

Excited to be performing the National Anthem this Saturday at Watkins Glen! Gonna be fun!

Thread title has been updated to reflect the date.

I am planning to go to Waktins Glen.. fingers crossed that I will see him sing the NA.

I believe he is singing NA on Saturday. The first Nationwide race is the first one of 2 races that day. The race is a 2pm..

JumpVery Happy

Guest Guest
@Rabrina wrote:
I am planning to go to Waktins Glen.. fingers crossed that I will see him sing the NA.

I believe he is singing NA on Saturday. The first Nationwide race is the first one of 2 races that day. The race is a 2pm..

Very Happy

Have fun!! I hope you get to see him sing.

So is he performing? Or just singing the NA? anyone know?

Peg, aren't you close to the Glen? Are you gonna go?

Do I dare post anything else in this thread?? WTF???? scratch

edited to correct Freudian typo...

@pn112 wrote:
Do I dare post anything else in this threat?? WTF???? scratch

I have no idea what your post means. lol

Peggy, what is the meaning behind your post??? I hope everything is ok.. scratch

I believe he is only singing the NA.. I am going to try and get video of him singing the NA?
I will post my video if it turns out ok. My camera likes to give me issues sometimes..

Guest Guest
Peg, I'm not sure what you meant, but maybe it's because you knew had talked about it being close to you before, and you don't see that post. That's because I stated a new thread for this... the other discussion was in an interview thread where he mentioned it. That thread is HERE.

I hope that's all that was confusing you, and that everything's okay!

Jeannie wrote:
Peg, I'm not sure what you meant, but maybe it's because you knew had talked about it being close to you before, and you don't see that post. That's because I stated a new thread for this... the other discussion was in an interview thread where he mentioned it. That thread is HERE.

I hope that's all that was confusing you, and that everything's okay!

Laughing hystericall Yup -- that was exactly it. STOP MESSING WITH OLD PEOPLE'S MINDS!!! LMAO We get corn-fused without any help! Razz

Duh

Guest Guest

Hey... I'm old too. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! ROFLOL

(And I have no clue what I'm talking about now, but that's okay because I'm old.) Wink

Guest Guest

I figured that my overworked old brain just missed something

Guest Guest

This is awesome! Hope you get to see him sing, Rabrina Very Happy

Guest Guest
Quote :

Excited to be performing the National Anthem this Saturday at Watkins Glen! Gonna be fun!

Guest Guest

WOOT!!! Jump

Guest Guest
Not only is Dave singing the National Anthem, but he is serving as Grand Marshal and gets to tell the racers, "Gentlemen, start your engines!"

Or maybe not... with women racing now, perhaps it's "Drivers start your engines!" Either way, he gets to start the race!

Quote :

WATKINS GLEN, NY – Platinum selling recording artist and American Idol winner David Cook will perform the National Anthem and give the command to start engines for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International, Saturday, August 11.

Cook rose to fame after winning the seventh season of American Idol in 2008. Since then, Cook has sold over one million records, tallied two platinum singles and produced two top-20 hits. Cook’s first single, “Light On,” sold over one hundred thousand digital downloads in its first week, topping out at 17th on the Billboard Top 100 chart.

As Grand Marshal for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200, Cook will deliver the most famous words in motorsports – the traditional call for drivers to start their engines. Additionally, Cook will perform the American National Anthem during the pre-race ceremony.

Full Article HERE.

Jeannie wrote:
Not only is Dave singing the National Anthem, but he is serving as Grand Marshal and gets to tell the racers, "Gentlemen, start your engines!"

Or maybe not... with women racing now, perhaps it's "Drivers start your engines!" Either way, he gets to start the race!

Quote :

WATKINS GLEN, NY – Platinum selling recording artist and American Idol winner David Cook will perform the National Anthem and give the command to start engines for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International, Saturday, August 11.

Cook rose to fame after winning the seventh season of American Idol in 2008. Since then, Cook has sold over one million records, tallied two platinum singles and produced two top-20 hits. Cook’s first single, “Light On,” sold over one hundred thousand digital downloads in its first week, topping out at 17th on the Billboard Top 100 chart.

As Grand Marshal for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Zippo 200, Cook will deliver the most famous words in motorsports – the traditional call for drivers to start their engines. Additionally, Cook will perform the American National Anthem during the pre-race ceremony.

Full Article HERE.

Dancin SmileyDC CheerleaderDancin Smiley

Oh that's very cooool! My dad watches Nascar so i didn't mention that david is going to be on it saturday.. I'm going to see if he would say something lol.. he usually does Smile

I am sooo excited to be going.... That is a great article... Heart
Fingers crossed that I get a chance to say hi to him... Fingers Crossed!!!

@Rabrina wrote:
I am sooo excited to be going.... That is a great article... Heart
Fingers crossed that I get a chance to say hi to him... Fingers Crossed!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Very Happy

Guest Guest
By the way, ABC will be showing this race live Saturday at 2:00 pm eastern, so tune in and/or set your dvrs. Hope they air the National Anthem!

(I think there's a good chance they might - they are doing a half hour NASCAR series countdown at 2:00, followed by the race starting at 2:30, so cross your fingers that their pre-race show ends - or race show starts - with the NA.)

My dad watches all the NASCAR race and they always show the NA Smile So it's on ABC? I never know what channel haha sometimes it's on TNT and other times it's on FOX but i'll keep a look out for it Smile

Guest Guest
It's listed on ABC.

And thanks for the heads up on the fact that they usually show the NA.

Guest Guest
If anyone wants to follow them on twitter they are @WGI

Guest Guest
Quote :

Flight cancelled. Drove from Detroit. Lost baggage. BUT I'm here and ready! #WatkinsGlen #NASCARNationwide #Zippo200

Guest Guest

At first I read "fight cancelled" and I was thinking what the hell is he talking about? LOL flag

That suck that he lost his baggage! At what time is he singing?

Guest Guest
The pre-show is starting now, Made. He should be singing within the next half hour.

Guest Guest
He sounded great! Beautiful and respectful as always... despite driving all night to get there.

Guest Guest

Singing the National Anthem:

Ready to give the command, "Drivers, Start your engines!"

Guest Guest
Damn, he looks good for a man who drove for hours and had no luggage.

Guest Guest

Grand Marshal David gives the starting command. Video thanks to Cookie Nookie.

Guest Guest

Had to leave and look all the goodies we have already!!!

David looks DAMN well Cool

Guest Guest

Here is just the National Anthem-posted by Kathy (CougarsLoveCook) Thanks!

Hmmm, David really looks like a man now - quite handsome and assured-looking. And of course, his NA rendition is nothing but most respectful and the best.

Excellent job, David! Great

Hi guys.. I am so happy I went.. Hearing the NA live was amazing.. It gave me goosebumps.. It was so worth it. (my sunburn and all) However my day got better.. If any of you follow me on twitter you know what the better part is.. Wink

Here is my brief recap..
After the race started I walk around it see if I could see David either signing somewhere or just walking around.. However after about 45 mins with no luck, I decided to go meet Sharon @1step at Dunkin Donuts for coffee then head home.. (here comes the "better" part of the day) So as I was walking back to my car it happened. I saw David. He was driving a golf cart going in the opposite direction. I stopped turned and started following him. My luck he stopped. As I was walking toward him he then saw me, I waved hi to him and he said hi with a big smile on his face (I believe he might have recognized me by his reaction, at least I want to believe that Wink ) I was quite loud there, so out convo was short. I said "you did an amazing job", he said "thank you" and I asked for a hug, which he said sure. Uber hug The hug was great as always.. Then I walked away. I stopped and said to myself go ask for a picture. So I got my camera out, turned and walked back. At this time he was ordering some food. I waited until he was done ordering. He looked in my direction. I ask if I could get a picture along with gesturing the clicking sign with my finger and he monthed back "yes, sure". He walked over to me took off is baseball cap fixed his hair. Here is the outcome... HeartExcited

p8110911.jpg

Guest Guest
Rabrina, So happy for you that you got a chance to see David and get a pic with him!!

I love that David is respectful when singing the anthem. It's a difficult song to sing, and shows the beauty and power of his voice.

Ana, I was just thinking that there is no "boy" left in David. He has definitely grown into his looks and seems to get more handsome as time passes.

Awww, Rachael!! How awesome!!!

Did he do any radio interviews that anyone knows about? I hope he's going wine touring today. Seriously, he should!!

He looks so mature now, or is it the hair? Smile, love to see it btw.

And Rabrina so happy for you meeting David there *cheers*

Guest Guest
Rabrina, that's awesome! I'm so glad that you went, and that you got a chance to talk to him. That's a great picture!

Rabrina, that is one beautiful picture of you and David! And is it crazy that I can picture everything that's happened to you that day, now that I've met David? Wink

You have good luck after all Smile

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.