Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Need to find some leads for my mk1 B6

Hello everyone, can someone find me a link to buy some leads for my 95 mk1 b6, ive looked on ebay and all i can find are second hand. thumbs thanks thumbs

The early bandit leads are meant to be replaced with the coils, they are sealed in the coil.
Saying that you can replace the leads alone by digging them out of the coil and fitting a set of Taylor leads http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/taylor-gsxr-bandit-yellow-ignition-leads-caps-set-4-/230519799030?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item35ac0cfcf6#ht_500wt_689

Or similar, you will have to seal the lead in the coil when fitted with some stuff like mastic sealant.

I have done this on my bandit and the Taylor leads are excellent and this fix works a treat. thumbs

The early bandit leads are meant to be replaced with the coils, they are sealed in the coil.
Saying that you can replace the leads alone by digging them out of the coil and fitting a set of Taylor leads http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/taylor-gsxr-bandit-yellow-ignition-leads-caps-set-4-/230519799030?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item35ac0cfcf6#ht_500wt_689

Or similar, you will have to seal the lead in the coil when fitted with some stuff like mastic sealant.

I have done this on my bandit and the Taylor leads are excellent and this fix works a treat. thumbs
Thanks Rob much appreciated, but could i be a pain in the arse and ask for a link for the complete set including the coil packs thumbs id rather just replace the lot rather than me trying to get them to fit, thanks thumbs

its gonna be pricy to replace the lot Stu
heres a link and the price is for 1 coil and no cap http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Suzuki/GSF_600_ST_SV_SW_Bandit_-_GN77A/95-98/picture/Ignition_Coil/

ebay sell pattern coils here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Ignition-HT-Coil-Suzuki-GSF-600-Bandit-95-04-/190403515855?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c54ef15cf#ht_1538wt_908

the above fix i mentioned is an easy job to do and perminant and will fix a tracking spark problem, here is a pic of the fix i did, could have done it neater, got carried away with the mastic, Laughing

whats your problem with your existing leads stu, tracking?

its gonna be pricy to replace the lot Stu
heres a link and the price is for 1 coil and no cap http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Suzuki/GSF_600_ST_SV_SW_Bandit_-_GN77A/95-98/picture/Ignition_Coil/

ebay sell pattern coils here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Ignition-HT-Coil-Suzuki-GSF-600-Bandit-95-04-/190403515855?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c54ef15cf#ht_1538wt_908

the above fix i mentioned is an easy job to do and perminant and will fix a tracking spark problem, here is a pic of the fix i did, could have done it neater, got carried away with the mastic, Laughing

whats your problem with your existing leads stu, tracking?
Cheers again lol, this morning i had her running and she kept cutting out, so i put me hand on the pipes and the outside pipe on me right side was stonecold, the other 3 were hot, so i took the plugs out 3 and 4 and num 4 wasnt sparking so i thought i'd just change the leads and plugs in the next couple of months as im not using her just yet thumbs hope ive explained it ok, sorry to bother ya and thanks again your a star thumbs

Will post up tomoz to help u out stu, just off down the pub for a pint or ten, Twisted Evil
Excellent cheers Rob Very HappyVery Happythumbs have one on me thumbs

try another plug from another cylinder in number 4, put it in the plug cap and rest it on the cylinder head, making sure its earthing properly and see if you get a spark or not, my guess is you probably will so replace the plug with a new one, in fact if its been a while get a new set.

if no spark then the lead/ coil is suspect, just swap the two coils round, and see if the offending cylinder now sparks a plug, if it does then either replace the wire or the coil and wire unit.

vids blured but gives you a gud idea how the spark should look

worth noting that the 1200 and 600 coil pack/leads are the same so if a second hand coil comes cheap on a 1200 then bag it and fit it to your 6. thumbs

try another plug from another cylinder in number 4, put it in the plug cap and rest it on the cylinder head, making sure its earthing properly and see if you get a spark or not, my guess is you probably will so replace the plug with a new one, in fact if its been a while get a new set.

if no spark then the lead/ coil is suspect, just swap the two coils round, and see if the offending cylinder now sparks a plug, if it does then either replace the wire or the coil and wire unit.

vids blured but gives you a gud idea how the spark should look

worth noting that the 1200 and 600 coil pack/leads are the same so if a second hand coil comes cheap on a 1200 then bag it and fit it to your 6. thumbs
Thanks for taking the time to explain, i will try this on monday and let you know how i get on Very Happythumbsthumbs

stue i had the same issue as jezza with plugs , my engine dont like iridium plugs they dont last long at all in it, have to put standard ones in and she runs like a dream. thumbs

@pugeyed wrote:
stue i had the same issue as jezza with plugs , my engine dont like iridium plugs they dont last long at all in it, have to put standard ones in and she runs like a dream. thumbs
thumbsVery Happythumbs ile get some monday thumbs

Please feel free to slap me hard Embarassed ive taken everyones advice on here and went to the dpt this morning to have another look at the leads... there was a spark once i earthed it properly Embarassed so i put the plugs back in and thought well what could it be scratch so i walked around the nearside of the bike and realised i hadnt primed me carbs Embarassed so i did, started her up it never cut out and Apresto all four exhaust red hot again and running lovelly Embarassed sorry for wasting everyones time but still really appreciated, i will stick to what i know best....Rubber, and ask people like yourselfs on here for mechanical problems before i suggest whats wrong Embarassedmopedmopedmopedhide

@Stue11 wrote:
Please feel free to slap me hard Embarassed ive taken everyones advice on here and went to the dpt this morning to have another look at the leads... there was a spark once i earthed it properly Embarassed so i put the plugs back in and thought well what could it be scratch so i walked around the nearside of the bike and realised i hadnt primed me carbs Embarassed so i did, started her up it never cut out and Apresto all four exhaust red hot again and running lovelly Embarassed sorry for wasting everyones time but still really appreciated, i will stick to what i know best....Rubber, and ask people like yourselfs on here for mechanical problems before i suggest whats wrong Embarassedmopedmopedmopedhide

haha glad you sorted it stue thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

haha glad you sorted it stue thumbs
God i feel a censored head Laughing

we all make mistakes stue,least ya know for next time thumbs