Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
firehawk

One for Stan and Caroline

Good evening. After a quick bit of advice if possible.

I've just been offered a self employed job as a Coach driver but when I'm not on the coaches, they'll put me on the Taxi's. I'll be paid an hourly wage.

I've got the paperwork for the Hackney licence and CRB etc. As far as I can tell, I just need to send off the CRB and the licence application for now. Do I have to do anything at all about the medical yet or is that all done after the knowledge test? Also, is the knowledge test usually a multiple choice type thing or do you usually have to know the exact answer off the top of your head? The reason I ask is because they have given me 3 A4 pages of places to remember. It looks a bit daunting and I doubt I could memorise exactly where everywhere is. Multiple choice would be easier. lol. It would just make me worry less.

Is there anything else I need to know about the job. I know it's not that well paid if it's quiet but it's a job at the end of the day. It's certainly a good stop gap until I find something else.

Cheers guys. thumbs

hi mate the CRB usually takes about 8 weeks to sort,knowledge tests are gonna be diff everywhere but they are not multiple choice,u need to explain urself clearly in them n also there will be car maintenance,customer service,common sense type questions! get studying lol!
medical is pretty straight forward tbh,wait till u have ur knowledge test results to book it.

oh random question i remembered from test was if a customer asked u to turn down/off radio shud u!? .........answers yes btw ..........thats the music radio btw not taxi!

good luck
thumbs

cheers BB. thats made me even more worried. lol. I had a CRB check under 2 years ago. Would that one still be useable or does it need to be brand new? they say it needs to be renewed every 3 years which is why I ask. It would save time if I could use it. cheers again

I thought the Isle of Wight was pretty small, shouldnt take too long to remember where everything is Laughing