Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E.goldstein

Tile drilling ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Right then I am very censoredcensoredcensored off, I need to drill 8 more holes into the tiled wall in my newly tiled downstairs bathroom walls.

Just to give you some idea I have just spent 4 hours drilling 12 holes and done 3 drill bits! head banghead bang

So what I’m after is some sort of way to drill a 5.5mm hole into ceramic tiles but each of the so called ceramic drill bits cut about 3 holes then they are blunt, this despite spraying water on the drill bit.

I have a set of core drill bits which are diamond/ Zirconium tipped they wiz though the tiles but all the hardened tipped bits are just 5h!t “with a capital S”

So HELP! scratch

Any of you out there a tiler or know how the hell I get on. Huh

PS been on Google but not much help.

Sorry rant over sorry

E.Goldsiten “They are watching you” Suspect

Guest Guest

masonry bits work for me thumbs

they cant be normal tiles m8 ? normally once your through the glaze its piss easy,and getting through the glaze is not a problem and an drill bit will do, confused I will nip round and have a look if you want thumbs

I've just fitted a mirror in the bathroom , only used a bog standard masonry bit to get through the tiles.

@Davehutch wrote:
they cant be normal tiles m8 ? normally once your through the glaze its piss easy,and getting through the glaze is not a problem and a normal drill bit will do, confused I will nip round and have a look if you want thumbs

First of all thanks all, I was a bit stressed yesterday so sorry for the rant!

Thanks for the offer Dave, the tiles are big tiles 600mm by 300mm and about 7mm thick, funnily enough cutting them was a pain as well I ended up using my 9” diamond tipped angle grinder to cut them to size.

The box says that they are ceramic wall tiles! Still they are from Italy so how knows.

Thanks to XS1100, I’ll be off up to Topps tiles later to get two of the drill bits, I have tried normal masonry bits but they are just not up to the job.

I’ll let you all know how I get on.

E.Goldsiten “They are watching you” Suspect