Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
billbo baggings

We Need Your Help & Playfish...Listen Up!

We Need Your Help & Playfish...Listen Up!

Here at PSFC, we activly support Playfish in it's fight against people cheating at playing Pet Society with the so called "Coin Hacks" or "Cloning Cheats" as they are commonly known, however a few points that Playfish should take into account if they are going to:

1. Make it almost impossible for average people to play the game (buying new items etc) without putting real cash into the game.
2. Make it hard for users to trade safely and fairly (Removal of reputation and the crash of pricing and trading recently)
3. Ban users for cheating at the game.
4. Ban users for telling players about other sites that offer safe, fair and fun trading enviroments (where they do their upmost to keep scammers out like here at PSFC)
5. Increase the cost of items in the shops (This has been noticed on Pet Society and Restaurant City latley)

Then surley Playfish should take some responibility in not encouraging people to cheat, after speaking to users of Pet Society today and them all telling me one common thing i ventured to PetSociety.com and viewed the Fan Videos, all looks innocent until this:

It's knowledge that these videos are out there, however its also knowledge that 1. You can ask YouTube to remove such videos, 2. You can create your own playlist and player at YouTube which then would not show these videos ONLY the videos you choose to show will be shown. It don't look great when you say your getting rid of scammers yet you allow videos of how to scam and cheat at Pet Society to be shown on the official Pet Society site.

Maybe now Playfish should look into this, how can they dare ask people to pay money into a game, raise prices, ban users for telling other users about safe trading sites that dont advertise hacking etc when this is happening?

With the coins, the most common lottery win is 50 coins, 7 times a week thats 350 coins (I know you can get coins from stadium, friends etc...) however lets just say for this week you earned 1000 coins for the week, thats 2 GMB's (not much searching for the 3 new mystery items then!), theres also the shop items, well you can guarantee you won't beable to buy 1 item from the luxury store with that sort of cash, and what you do buy means you start back from 0 coins and have to start earning for the next week.

I think it's time Playfish made it that you can earn a few extra coins, maybe a couple of jobs, maybe you could get coins out of mystery boxes (make it rare but possible) or even just reduce the price of items, 10,000 for a hot-tub, newbies have no chance, and even the faithful followers of the game find it hard sometimes to get that ammount of coins, some people wouldnt even mind paying some cash into the game (i mean every company in the world has to make money or it dont survive) but make the pricing a bit more realistic, 1. It's a game, people won't pay that sort of money. 2. Its a credit crunch people just don't have that sort of money.

Why not even add some advertising into the game, you got the town, maybe 2 billboards in the town that randomly change with an advert, there is revenue for the company and the faithful players can enjoy the game for free maybe.

I suppose many members have their own thoughts about this, and thats why i've started this thread, I want members to tell me what they think about the current state of Pet Society, what playfish has done right, what it has done wrong, what it can do to improve the game, your ideas about all the things ive mentioned already and im going to pass these onto Playfish and hopefully get some answers. So please [b]Tell everyone you know to come here and tell us what they think, i mean everyone who plays Pet Society from whatever site they visit, wether be PSFC, Playfish or any other site tell them to come here and tell us!

Maybe if enough people join this thread we could get Playfish to listen to the little guy, a great game...but soon who knows...trading has already taken a dive and users at all sites including Playfish have dropped, has Playfish gone to far?

Thanks everyone.

Steve

It IS kind of ironic that PF are so public about being anti-hacker, yet their own site has the video tutorials on it!

I think giving some coins for 2nd and 3rd place in races may not be a bad idea, something like 10 coins for 2nd place and 5 for 3rd. Currently the maximum you can earn on races per week is 2100 and thats only if you WIN every single race every single day!! That's not even 50% of a special in the Luxury shop!

Adding more and more strangers to your friends list seems to be the only way to generate enough coins to even have a shot at the items in the shops. Some people don't like to add strangers to their friends list though and the game is also way too laggy if you have a long friends list.

So yeah I would agree that jobs or an additional way to earn coins is well overdue!

x

I completely agree. Playfish has taken the joy out of playing. Like Kedra I had suggested earlier that the 2nd and 3rd places in races should win coins too. Bill boards in the town is a great idea.

The new eco items section has further cut down trading cos people would rather recycle their items than trade them. Like other Playfish games (Geo challenge for e.g) which has a sponsor advert after every game you play, maybe there could be a sponsor advert when PS is loading.

The shops could also be great places for sponsor adverts...so Playfish can generate money and let players enjoy the game.

Jobs ....yes!!! Would be absolutely fantastic. More games in the stadium where one could earn coins. Maybe add a slot machine in one of the shops.

Hacker video tutorials on Playfish site is shocking. I think while Playfish is introducing some great new features....it is high time they did something about earning coins if they don't want to lose users. It is obvious not many people are spending real money on the game, which is why PF is taking all these steps to force people into spending real money. But ths may just backfire on them. I for one and I know none of my friends will spend real money for virtual items!!

its so tru, i feel that thay think forcing us to pay is their right, as deziners...
if thats the case then i will just by ANIMAL CROSSING for the wii..
i beleved that this app was free to use. if we wished to by extra coins then we could.. i DO NOT choose to i have better thinks to spend my hard earned real cash on.

i have family that play, thay only have 10 friends to vist..do not trade on any forams just with their friends. thay feel let down by the play fish team now. and are dropping like flys...

so come on play fish give the players some way to gain more coins. be loving to you decated players.....or watch you app fail

I have never been much of an online game player until I discovered Pet Society... and became totally hooked on it. The things I enjoy most about this game, are buying new items, adding things to my rooms and rearranging things. I enjoy visiting pets, leaving messages sometimes, and giving gifts just for the fun of making someone's day.

What makes this game work for me, is adding strangers to my friends list so I have more pets to visit and thus can earn coins. If I relied only on people I actually knew... I would have ten pets at the most, and only one of those who plays on a regular basis. The rest are newbies, and not likely I could trade anything with them.

In the forums... honestly I've not been much of a trader—mainly because I came into the game when everything was about the inflated jukes and lips and no one could afford anything. I did however do well in contests for awhile, particularly ones for newbies. For awhile I could win a contest almost every day. But the contests have dwindled. I'm a little braver about trading now, but still reluctant to get items that way. I'd really prefer to be able to earn enough coins to buy what I like. It would be nice if:

- the more time you put into the game, the more coins you can earn (whether by races, jobs, visiting pets, whatever)

- there were additional ways to earn coins (how about if other pets visit us we get coins? jobs? more races/games? more coins for washing pets, more coins for roaming through the trees...

- if some of the items weren't ridiculously over-priced

I feel frustrated that after visiting 50 to 75 or even 100+ pets in a day, I only have enough coins to buy a couple average priced items. Luxury items can take a week or more to save up for... 'this week only' items become top priority before they disappear.

I'd like to be able to earn enough coins, not just to buy stuff for me—but to buy extra items that I can give away... I like being checking out someone's house and seeing - gosh, they don't have toilet paper yet! and then run to the store, buy some and give it to them... it's fun for me... but now coins are so tight, I'm only buying for me, and am mostly disappointed that I still haven't been able to get some of the in store items that came out a couple months ago.

Just my thoughts for the day.

I think playfish are too much!!
They are always forcing us to spend money and can they imagine there are alot of poor ppl like us who play the game for joy and no money to spend on it! =( if this continues, this game is juz not worth playing anymore..! or mebe juz live poorly inside...!

I hope there are more ways to earn money...Although I dun do the races due to comp lag and kinda bored with it already...Besides sometimes I feel it kinda unfair and always lose in it..So I stopped..

They shud make some jobs for us to earn some money..! And maybe more varieties / diff types of games for our pets to play..! With more money earning ways, we can purchase the new stuff...!

I really kinda hate it when the new stuff are like SO EXPENSIVE..! Like now..I visit friends...usually will get mebe 1000 per day i think thru visiting..! and hmmm 1 week? 7000? and hmm if the stuff in shop so expensive..cant really afford! Now what I do is selling away my rares cheaply and collecting 999 items!! Everyweek I also need to sell away my 999 items in order to buy new items..now..I dun even have any more 999 items to sell...So broke...!!

Kinda worried the new items are expensive..! =( anyways...! if playfish really continues like tat, most prob ppl will stop playing tis game!! =(

Please keep leaving your comments etc. As i said all of this post will be passed onto Playfish, I will post it to each of their head offices around the world, email it to every mod on the forums (and try and get some emails for other staff and email it to them also).

I will do my best to get every members word accross to playfish and hopefully they will listen! So tell all your friends to come here and post in this topic!