Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pugeyed

kwak engine rebuild it looks like

so i bought this project for summat to rebuild a kawasaki kz750 h3 1982
engine unknown history but doesnt look like its done many miles but couple of exhaust studs snapped in head, and saw this "rebuilt" one on evil bay.
Great i thought save me the bother of rebuilding the one that came in the bike.
had a more closer look at the one from ebay 2nite and no 1 bore is seized solid. and would need a rebore/ new sleeve and the cam cap on the exhaust cam has been threaded and scored the cam at the same time.
so head and barrel are now scrap
back to square one.
gonna use the best bits of the engine i bought ie crankcases, but just means more work and more money, might as well put bearings in it if ive gotta swap the crankcases over.
ho hum
Rant over SadSadSad

thats a pisser mate,but im sure youll fettle it,chin up and look forward to summer on the bandit thumbs

Give yourself a break Mark, get out and enjoy your beaut youve just built Laughingmbikembikembike

i know i should, ive got no patience really, looking back at the bandit build i enjoyed doing it but sometimes at the time it just drags you down lol. Laughing

@pugeyed wrote:
i know i should, ive got no patience really, looking back at the bandit build i enjoyed doing it but sometimes at the time it just drags you down lol. Laughing
the joys of tarting ya bike up,think it can get to much at times mark

keeping telling meself thats it know more mods but cant help meself