Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dandan

HGV test

Hi everyone, not been on much lately as i have been busy trying to find a new job as my current boss is a complete looser.

Anyway I’m a heavy vehicle mechanic and have got myself a new job working for a cheese manufacturer looking after their fleet of lorries.

Part of the agreement is that i have to pass my HGV class 1 within 12 months, which is great but just wondering how hard it is now as they have changed it all now since I did my PSV 4 years ago.

I know you have to do driver CPC training first then do class 2 then onto class 1.

Has anyone on here done it recently?

Thanks Dan

I may not be right but I'm pretty sure that the CPC wont apply because you wont be driving vocationally, unless they class mechanics in the same group.

I'm looking to do my class 2 as soon as I have enough dosh. It shouldn't be too hard. I have my PCV and I've driven a few lorries off road too. It's just the gears that I will need to get used to. I can do it for £475 inc test but not inc the theory and medical. I want to do it more to upgrade my PCV from auto to manual. I may aswell do it in a lorry for almost the same cost and get the extra entitlement thrown in to the bargain.

I will have to find out more about the CPC because i would rather do it just incase i end up driving if im ever out of work, i know i have to do some training to keep my PSV.

35 hours over 5 years. The CPC is a piece of pish though so if it's being paid for, I wouldn't complain. The theory (mod2) side of it is all obvious and the practical (mod4) isn't exactly rocket science. If I can pass it all first time then I'm sure anyone else can

Good luck Dan with your new job keep us posted thumbs

@dandan wrote:
Thanks Stue really looking foward to it
Happy for ya mate goodluck thumbs

Just remember to stay off the bacon butties otherwise you will become a lump of lard LaughingLaughingLaughing

Cheese manufacturer eh, well just remember to drive Caerphilli fofl