Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

o dear

Guest Guest

just got back from a quick blast into town and found this, good thing i ordered a new one before i left.

Guest Guest
not entirly sure how ive done it either, not had to many rear end moments, a few spin ups and locked it up once or twice but theres less then 3k on it and the dam thing is stripped!

that's the m5 interact isn't it? they tend to just go without warning

Guest Guest

m5 sportec with the elephants on the side, i swear this isn't the only reason i got em Smile never had a tyre go off like this before its eaten all the way. kinda annoying cos theres a few hundred miles left in the rest of the tyre.

wots wrong with them ?? couple of thousand miles to go yet lol
good job u spotted it mate

jeez that looks serious Shocked i thought tyre technology had moved on a bit ive never seen anything like it.

Guest Guest
the strange thing is the other side of the tyre is fine, no cracks or anything.

wrong pressures maybe? if theres plenty of tread, contact metzeler, they will be willing to find a cause and if its a defect in the tyre, i would of thought they would replace it...

Guest Guest
@fr499y wrote:
wrong pressures maybe? if theres plenty of tread, contact metzeler, they will be willing to find a cause and if its a defect in the tyre, i would of thought they would replace it...

might just do this, i do run a few psi under the recommended but wouldn't have thought it would cause just one part of the tyre to fall apart.

They are metzlers....they dont use as much silica in there making of casings, it looks like to me the cetre tread as just peeled open to expose the cords...its either caused from doing harsh breaking, burnouts or in my opinion they are just cheaply made thumbs

Guest Guest
Considering the milage I'm Gunna send a complaint to the company and see what they say.

@airlock wrote:
Considering the milage I'm Gunna send a complaint to the company and see what they say.
Its worth a try mate thumbs

Guest Guest
on this subject does any body around the banbury area have a stand i could borrow so i can remove the rear wheel? i dont fancy riding on that rubber.

Guest Guest
haha yeh, still got a set of progressive springs to put in there and getting a new shock in too so hopefully itll be all sorted.

Guest Guest
im not happy that i cant ride it to the shop, getting a wheel of a single sided is a right sod!

i was gonna say ive got a paddock stand you can borrow matey and im only 30 miles away but didnt know your on single sided swingarm.... Sad

Guest Guest
these single sides jobies are hard to get hold of short notice. dam!

WOW that is scary affraidaffraid Definitely some defect there unless you did a prolonged burn.