Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdavi71

Designing New Site

Hi, I'm Mitchell Davies.

I'm from Gold Coast/QLD/AUS, and i am a Professional Website Designer/Audio-Video Technition.
I'm currently working on a new Design, which i will propose to the Headmasters upon completion.

I am absolutely in LOVE <3 with the server.

There are some amazing people Moderating, and other individuals who are contributing greatly to the community, hopefully with a new website we can obtain a greater first impression upon our soon to be players, which will help the ALL IN THE MINED community grow.

I will be posting all the latest updates on the design on this page.

I might also be purchasing the www.allinthemined.com domain if it is available - EDIT: DOMAIN IS AVAILABLE WILL PURCHASE IT SHORTLY.

NO DESIGNS CREATED FOR ALL IN THE MINED WILL BE DISTRIBUTED, THEY WILL BE PROTECTED WITH ANTI COPYRIGHT SCRIPTS IF USED COMMERCIALLY.
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL FOR THE MOMENT. BUT I HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR THIS PROJECT, AND I HOPE YOU WILL ALL SUPPORT ME. approve

ehemm...
The Frog... APPROVES

approve

*gives mdavi71 a cookie, THE SIZE OF A FOOTBALL STADIUM, chocochips included =D*

Frogger409 wrote:
ehemm...
The Frog... APPROVES

approve

*gives mdavi71 a cookie, THE SIZE OF A FOOTBALL STADIUM, chocochips included =D*

=D Thank You Smile

My Favourite! Very Happy

I'm the guy who modified this page (and failed IMO). Hum, your idea is interesting, you plan to host it on a dedicated server with apache or on an online service? Right now, the server isn't commercial at all, we run it to have fun.

Can we see a preview of some work you made? Razz

I'm not voting.

It's an odd issue for me;
I like your proposal. It's got dedication written all over it.
Except, we're going into something I don't entirely understand.
Making it commercial, buying the domain n all..
This wasn't something I studied.

Anyway. I'll leave it to those whom know better,
but I'm not voting.
Thanks Mitch.

There are some amazing people Moderating, and other individuals who are contributing greatly to the community, hopefully with a new website we can obtain a greater first impression upon our soon to be players,

You just said Moderators are amazing, why would we need a new website? No need to be amazing-er.

which will help the ALL IN THE MINED community grow.

This is stupid. We get our community randomly. The website will have no effects on how we will GAIN players.

I might also be purchasing the www.allinthemined.com

Fuck you little boy.
NO DESIGNS CREATED FOR ALL IN THE MINED WILL BE DISTRIBUTED, THEY WILL BE PROTECTED WITH ANTI COPYRIGHT SCRIPTS IF USED COMMERCIALLY.

I'm totally aware that Onion did this server to get NO income. I didn't join this server to pay NOR to make money.

BUT I HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR THIS PROJECT, AND I HOPE YOU WILL ALL SUPPORT ME.

You have 0 hope with me.

With that said, there's still Onion who didn't say a word. But for me, it's not a yes, not a no but gtfo of our stuff. Do I need to say "money whore"? This server is completly free. If you try to find a buisness in this stuff, you're totally out.

With that said, there's still Onion who didn't say a word. But for me, it's not a yes, not a no but gtfo of our stuff. Do I need to say "money whore"? This server is completly free. If you try to find a buisness in this stuff, you're totally out.[/quote]

I have never, and never will plan on making money, i already make enough. EDIT: Why is there advertising then, if you are not for profit.
Your reply about the website not attracting extra people is absolute rubbish, If the website is extremely appealing they will keep browsing through your site, and join the server. it will also make the browing experience much easier. If you have a website which is hard on the eyes, they will not find pleasure in just "browsing".

Excuse me? The domain is available to be registered, you obviously dont know your way around domains/servers as such, because if i purchased this domain, it would mean absolutely nothing to your website, unless put in place.

I Was incorrect in posting this, i meant to say, "In Public".

Trust me, there is no luck in making a "business" out of this, Im just a website Dev. I get it, you dont trust me. Your Dont Know Me?. Why Should You Trust Me? The fact is, you dont have to. I was going to do something, to help the community. if you do not want this project to move ahead, thats fine with me. I was just trying to help. Once we recieve a reply from Onion, i will take the appropraite action, Whether is be Delete this topic/Move Forward.

Sorry if i have offended anyone, in any way, or upset anyone. Ive been working since 5am.

All the best,
Mitch

mdavi71 wrote:
If the website is extremely appealing they will keep browsing through your site, and join the server.

We don't get new players because we have an online message board.
Eric already said it. Our community is made up of random players who stumbled upon the server. There's no point in making this commercial.

mdavi71 wrote:
Your Dont Know Me?

Nope.
mdavi71 wrote:
Why Should You Trust Me?

I don't.
mdavi71 wrote:
The fact is, you dont have to.

You're absolutely right.

mdavi71 wrote:
if you do not want this project to move ahead, thats fine with me

Bai bai.

How harsh am I on a scale from 1 to 10?

I can't respond you with an answer.

Right now, this forum has passwords stored in an encrypted database that no one has access to. Forum Motion is a free service provider that gives us the possibility to get a forum at the price of advertisments on it, which don't cause a problem to us. We do not have acces to the files of the forum.

The point is: it is possible that you modify the forum system to avoid password encryption, and steal our passwords. From a security point of view, we can't trust you.

Also, we had a great community even before the forum was made.

BTW: your server is located in the US, it uses CentOS linux (redhat derivative, which is good for hosting Razz)
11.70 GiB of ram can be used on it, you got 6gb of swap space on sda6, 1.32tb of hdd storage.
Your kernel is: Linux 2.6.18-294.17.1.el5.lve0.7.40 (SMP) x86_64
It has joomla installed and it runs with apache, for unix based systems.

Your site's template can be found here:
http://www.rockettheme.com/joomla-templates/panacea
A simple source code reading gave me this info.

I doubt that you can make good quality images.

I know how to setup a Joomla website and an apache server.

Also, why the hell ur going to a school that far from you? o.O 925km... 11 hours...

I'm a little lost, but i did notice the site sharok has linked is using a texture protected by copyright. I hope the owner has the permission of the owner of that image to use it.
(i see this texture regularly when i'm looking at noob game enthusiasts art. I don't want to call them developers because all they develop is crappy screenshots and incomplete stories.)

http://www.flickriver.com/terms/

Calm your farm, people.

I may not be a technical guy or have internet skills, but I'll tell you what I do know. You can definitely trust Mitch. Believe it or not, I actually know this guy IRL (gasp!) and I promise you that he's not out to steal your stuff. No, he's actually who he says he is.

Second, for everyone who says Mitch wants to make money, I can confirm his statement that he doesn't need it. He's absolutely rolling in it. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can tell, he wants to run all this out of his own pocket. Generous much? I think so.

tl;dr Mitch can be trusted and he's a rich bastard. Questions?

yes, why a admin didnt lock this yet, we dont need it
we spoke bout it and its a no thank you
even the owner said no, so its a EPIC no thank you

Kwiksilver wrote:
Calm your farm, people.

I may not be a technical guy or have internet skills, but I'll tell you what I do know. You can definitely trust Mitch. Believe it or not, I actually know this guy IRL (gasp!) and I promise you that he's not out to steal your stuff. No, he's actually who he says he is.

Second, for everyone who says Mitch wants to make money, I can confirm his statement that he doesn't need it. He's absolutely rolling in it. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can tell, he wants to run all this out of his own pocket. Generous much? I think so.

tl;dr Mitch can be trusted and he's a rich bastard. Questions?

That's not how you do it. You guys are some simple novices and you'll stay there. I won't argue, no, I'll leave you guys with full of fails. You offer something and in return, we laugh. That's why I keep this open... you offer us, not with a website, but with a good morning laugh (for me here). You guys started my day and it was FREE?! Atleast you're good at something! It's a start!

Edit : No... Birthday: 1996-08-10... I hope that's not true.

Why are we being so harsh on this feller? Looking up his life story and stuffs...
He offered us a free website design, we don't need it, leave it at that. No need to start offending 14-year olds... No

TheCraftsman wrote:
Why are we being so harsh on this feller? Looking up his life story and stuffs...
He offered us a free website design, we don't need it, leave it at that. No need to start offending 14-year olds... No

Oh really? I'm sorry, I didn't know what we were talking about. Thanks for telling me Craft. I was having fun cause they looked less professional after each posts, but yeah. Way to ruin it.

Locked.