Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCraftsman

Is the server dying?

Hiya >Smile ,

For the past 3 days, the server has been up and running again. Since I have bought beta, I connected 6x just to talk to you guys. But.... only 3x there was one player online. I infoed some of you experts and admins and saw you didnt connect for up to 5 days ago.

What is happening? Is the server dying? 'Cause I'm a good person, I'd really hate not seeing you people anymore.

Signed,

The Craftsman, proud Adept of All in the Mined.

(I'll give you HIV if you ppls dont connect soon)
(How many quotes did I type in this post? :O)

Guest Guest
No, its not dying. I've been on numerous times today and yesterday....and the day before.

Guest Guest
What? No way, we're not dying.

theres a MAX of like 50 people who CAN know the new url
and there are next to no grie.....novices coming in
:/

I don't think the URL change has anything to do with it. I mean, the server still shows up on the master server list regardless.

Guest Snowy
Maybe it feels like its dying 'cause you guys are losing lots of important people like Finnen and so on

On mah dad's computer tehehehe

finn will come back....eventually, tho we lost todd, I think jorge, you, sloth is online much less, anyone seen herz lately? many expert+ are online SOOOOOO much less now.. yeh

I think many people can't come up with something to build anymore, since all your builds are so awesome! ;P Maybe it's time for those worlds I suggested so people know what to build? approve

Guest Guest
Finn was on earlier today for alittle while, Todd was also on a couple days ago and when I connected yesterday Jorge disconnected, I guess he left because no one else was on.

I agree that the server has slowed WAY down.

I feel we need to put in a better effort to attract new people by
- bringing back the quality of the older maps
These maps were awesome! they showed players we were a fun and challenging place to build!
- actually promote people
I'm not saying our promotion requirements are hard, i'm just saying we should promote novices who have met the requirements but have not asked for the promotion. I just promoted a novice with 8 hours! Isn't it the rule not to ask anyways? If so, we need to be more diligent.
- Slow down on the cheeky remarks
Because we are doing it more
- Slow down on banning people
Why not just freeze them? We have 8000 people banned! Soon well have the whole mine craft community banned and our server will die for sure. Griefers Don't stick around, they either start playing properly or they don't come back to the game ever again.
- Give novices fly and speed hack (at least fly)
To grief a building you have to be within the vicinity of said building. I'm sure we can easily catch griefers using wom without the restrictions. It also discourages experienced builders because they cant use the tools to build something good.

In short, the server i joined back in October isn't the server i'm in now. Lets try to bring back the qualities that attracted us to it.

Thanks!
From
11014GRF, JZ28, Zfletch1, XXXGRIEFERXXX
Razz

11014GRF wrote:

These maps were awesome! they showed players we were a fun and challenging place to build!
I'm not saying our promotion requirements are hard, i'm just saying we should promote novices who have met the requirements but have not asked for the promotion. I just promoted a novice with 8 hours! Isn't it the rule not to ask anyways? If so, we need to be more diligent.
Why not just freeze them? We have 8000 people banned! Soon well have the whole mine craft community banned and our server will die for sure. Griefers Don't stick around, they either start playing properly or they don't come back to the game ever again.
To grief a building you have to be within the vicinity of said building. I'm sure we can easily catch griefers using wom without the restrictions. It also discourages experienced builders because they cant use the tools to build something good.

In short, the server i joined back in October isn't the server i'm in now. Lets try to bring back the qualities that attracted us to it.

Thanks!
From
Razz

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I completely agree on what 11 has said. Let's DOEET! approve

Guest Snowy
Guys for you information my dad is gone during the week days so I will be on as mcuh as i can, and that i am on the forums on forum time I am on the forums and aitm (remember this is the forum time) seven to eight-thirty ish so of ya wanna see me get on the forums or server around these time Razz

11014GRF wrote:

Thanks!
From
Razz

you mean the maps with caves? onion needs to make those

for your idea, IF a novice meets the reqs, we all promo him, if we see it

I give them a second chance, for griefing I kick, they come back and do it again, IPban

novices CAN fly, just no speed

edit: the /rules say we have to BAN for grief

Basti wrote:
I think many people can't come up with something to build anymore, since all your builds are so awesome! ;P Maybe it's time for those worlds I suggested so people know what to build? approve

Yeah I'll just stop building now then :<

Moufisto wrote:
Basti wrote:

werent you already stopped? xD

kevinsweijen wrote:
Moufisto wrote:
Basti wrote:

werent you already stopped? xD

Was I Kev? Wink

Well, we can revive the server, but I can't do it alone.

We need a dedicated Onion. Minecraft.net is being a bitch by going up and down all the time. Each time it goes down and then back up, Onion has to restart the server/reopen it and at some rare occasion, change the link.

Also, I was thinking to allow novices to grief. What I mean is ; If we see a novice griefing, take his name and let him grief. I know it's harsh but there's a lot of griefers and if we keep them, the server might go up in the minecraft.net list. If my idea is approved, I'll make a list on the forum, editable by adept+, to insert the names so we won't promote them.

The worlds... I think we should just wipe all the public worlds. Self world should be hidden.

Ericrb wrote:
Well, we can revive the server, but I can't do it alone.

We need a dedicated Onion. Minecraft.net is being a bitch by going up and down all the time. Each time it goes down and then back up, Onion has to restart the server/reopen it and at some rare occasion, change the link.

Also, I was thinking to allow novices to grief. What I mean is ; If we see a novice griefing, take his name and let him grief. I know it's harsh but there's a lot of griefers and if we keep them, the server might go up in the minecraft.net list. If my idea is approved, I'll make a list on the forum, editable by adept+, to insert the names so we won't promote them.

The worlds... I think we should just wipe all the public worlds. Self world should be hidden.

I didn't say this point before cause i wasn't really fussed,
but
we have how many million people playing the game?
8000, over a period of 2-3 months.

I really don't think our banning is making the difference between us being populated and us not being populated.. Our promoting system on the other hand.. Nah that's good. there's nothing wrong with it. Razz

Anyway, on the other hand I still approve of this idea. I dunno, it's cool. It's a change.
Every detail counts to the experience, and why not a bit of pain to the pleasure? Wink

lso, I was thinking to allow novices to grief. What I mean is ; If we see a novice griefing, take his name and let him grief. I know it's harsh but there's a lot of griefers and if we keep them, the server might go up in the minecraft.net list. If my idea is approved, I'll make a list on the forum, editable by adept+, to insert the names so we won't promote them.

I WAS going to suggest this but thought is best not.

Perhaps us experts who have tons of things built could donate copies of things we have built to be griefed. This would keep griefers busy as they choose out big targets and keep other novices happy because they are not being griefed. It would also continue to attract novices because it serves as a big peice of eye candy.

FURTHERMORE

I understand what it takes to make the higher quality maps too. If its needed i can generate a number of maps and send them to onion. we could have them ready to load, then load up copies for the novice maps. This would give onion a break.

I think all good novices leave when they see we are on but arent doing anything against griefing

Moufisto wrote:
We should totally make a map...

just for griefing? didnt we try that?

Yes we did, it was moufs idea Razz

But another thingy: I don't really think the ranking system is a huge problem. The real problem is this:

Members connected during last 24 hours : 11014GRF, A_I_D_A_N, Dr_TreeMan, Ericrb, Frogger409, kevinsweijen, Moufisto, oherokon, Sharok, Snowy, T513, TheCraftsman, Zhuge

This is how few experienced members still visit the forums. Back when these forums started there were 3 full rows from time to time...

[NOTE: In the real size these names take not much more than 1 row]

kevinsweijen wrote:
it failed too hard, noone stayed
I think the server is succeeded... I mean, not everyone can play minecraft for 5-6 months straight.

Statistics wrote:
Our users have posted a total of 1388 messages
We have 57 registered users

That's a lot for a minecraft forum.

Ericrb wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:
it failed too hard, noone stayed
I think the server is succeeded... I mean, not everyone can play minecraft for 5-6 months straight.

wasnt talking bout the server, bout a map where you are allowed to grief I mean

slow down there btw....I just took a look at /sinfo, we only banned like 650 players -_-

kevinsweijen wrote:
Moufisto wrote:

DID I SAY JUST FOR GRIEFING?
No. I didn't. Evil or Very Mad

11014GRF wrote:
lso, I was thinking to allow novices to grief. What I mean is ; If we see a novice griefing, take his name and let him grief. I know it's harsh but there's a lot of griefers and if we keep them, the server might go up in the minecraft.net list. If my idea is approved, I'll make a list on the forum, editable by adept+, to insert the names so we won't promote them.

I WAS going to suggest this but thought is best not.

Perhaps us experts who have tons of things built could donate copies of things we have built to be griefed. This would keep griefers busy as they choose out big targets and keep other novices happy because they are not being griefed. It would also continue to attract novices because it serves as a big peice of eye candy.

FURTHERMORE

I understand what it takes to make the higher quality maps too. If its needed i can generate a number of maps and send them to onion. we could have them ready to load, then load up copies for the novice maps. This would give onion a break.

You're awesome! Like a Star @ heaven

Oh, and Craftie, you forgot me! I check the forum every day my computer is on! Very Happy

Moufisto wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:
Moufisto wrote:

IM SOWWY

kevinsweijen wrote:
Moufisto wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:
Moufisto wrote:

IM SOWWY

Sorry did you say something?
I has Butterfly
Yum. ಠ⌣ಠ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

hey guys long time no c, oops i fell in love with beta.... DAMN'T RAGEQUIT
o well but if u wanna play with me on a beta server here is the ip *
i use hamachi to get into because i still havent got game :\ im not sure if u need it to get in if u have bought game already. the server is dedicated but is up alot. i will probably get killed 4 doing this considering this is getting away from the server even more but im trying to get into the server again. but atm ive got way to many assignments to sit around playing minecraft all the time sorry

from the kewlest adept ever like totes, Sloth

Ericrb : Best time to do advertising Sherlock

This server IS dying Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I think it need's a update, i dont know how but just a update!

P.S. i havent seen u guys on like a year Sad

The MCForge revolution has taken over... there's nothing to do

to they who not understand that i mean every1 plays on mcforge servers, no more FCraft : /

Idk how old this topic is, but there is no such thing as a dying All in the mined server. AITM has a dedicated ranked staff and a awesome experience. Hell proof of such is that I in general sort of quit minecraft but came back on just to check on all you guys. As long as those people keep getting on, the server is fine. If you are measuring it by how many active players are on it, well that is easily changed by advertising.

Advertising is key to everything, even in clans. Everybody who's smart advertises and there are many communities for that game that are perfect for this. All you gotta do is come up with a smart and detailed advertisement post. Sign up on all major minecraft community sites, get active on them and advertise the AITM server. Post the posts url on the forums and get all the members here to bump the topic every now and again so it's always on the top.

Make some videos of the best designs in AITM, as well as the best designed worlds. Upload it to youtube and perhaps you'll get some hits there (optional but effective). Even some screenshots and posting them in your advertisement topic would help. Without this, players joining the server is by complete randomness and chance.

DemonicD3 wrote:
Idk how old this topic is, but there is no such thing as a dying All in the mined server. AITM has a dedicated ranked staff and a awesome experience. Hell proof of such is that I in general sort of quit minecraft but came back on just to check on all you guys. As long as those people keep getting on, the server is fine. If you are measuring it by how many active players are on it, well that is easily changed by advertising.

Advertising is key to everything, even in clans. Everybody who's smart advertises and there are many communities for that game that are perfect for this. All you gotta do is come up with a smart and detailed advertisement post. Sign up on all major minecraft community sites, get active on them and advertise the AITM server. Post the posts url on the forums and get all the members here to bump the topic every now and again so it's always on the top.

Make some videos of the best designs in AITM, as well as the best designed worlds. Upload it to youtube and perhaps you'll get some hits there (optional but effective). Even some screenshots and posting them in your advertisement topic would help. Without this, players joining the server is by complete randomness and chance.

you are our saving grace Very Happy

DemonicD3 wrote:

I meant that many members of this very dedicated staff (currently including myself too) were coming on the server way less times than usual. For example, good ol' Mouf used to visit AITM every day, but when I checked, he didn't connect for 4 days.

But maybe this is just a small period where the staff isn't very active, and eventually people like you (WB btw Very Happy) will make it super-awesome again, like the way it was. Let's hope so in any case Smile.

TheCraftsman wrote:
DemonicD3 wrote:

I meant that many members of this very dedicated staff (currently including myself too) were coming on the server way less times than usual. For example, good ol' Mouf used to visit AITM every day, but when I checked, he didn't connect for 4 days.

But maybe this is just a small period where the staff isn't very active, and eventually people like you (WB btw Very Happy) will make it super-awesome again, like the way it was. Let's hope so in any case Smile.

I think with the next vacation we are back on track

Well atm it's not showing up in the master server list. I looked last night and just now and it's not there. Back to beta I guess.

Well that sucks, I've been trying to find a multiplayer server for beta for a while. The devs are killing it by not allowing people to search through servers. Any idea when the beta will be well and truly finished.

Charlievil wrote:
Well that sucks, I've been trying to find a multiplayer server for beta for a while. The devs are killing it by not allowing people to search through servers. Any idea when the beta will be well and truly finished.

Google is your friend, just search MineCraft beta servers on google and there are sites that show a complete list of all servers, including top 10, etc with all details such as if they have a whitelist or not.

Guest Snowy
OMG Hiya Demonic wowz haven't seen you in a while

Guys sry I havent been on for a long time its getting harder to sneak on the computer without getting caught. Wish meh luck because I is going to get caught soon i know it and then i is going to die so....

Yeahz miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowy wrote:

Guys sry I havent been on for a long time its getting harder to sneak on the computer without getting caught. Wish meh luck because I is going to get caught soon i know it and then i is going to die so....

Can't recall your name but you need to march up to your parents and tell them face to face. "Look foo, I'm going on the computer and there ain't nuttin you can do bout it. If you feelin froggy, than leap. If not, gets outta my way".

DemonicD3 wrote:
Snowy wrote:

Can't recall your name but you need to march up to your parents and tell them face to face. "Look foo, I'm going on the computer and there ain't nuttin you can do bout it. If you feelin froggy, than leap. If not, gets outta my way".

It's Zelda btw Wink

Guest Snowy
YEAH DEMONIC DONT U RMBR ME

ITS ZELDA10001

XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!