Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonicD3

World Issue

Yeah we got that whole world issue again where the worlds get reduced to tight spaces and all the work is gone. I am not sure what worlds are effected this time except for Tristram. I guess I'll /winfo other worlds and update the topic? Couldn't find the old topic so I made a new one. Btw what exactly is the cause of this? As far as I know this has never happened before except that one time.

Worlds effected:
Tristram
Moufworld
Expert
Yggdrasil
Adept
Adept2
Lakeland
Shroomland
Novice2
Crash

The cause? i think we knew what it was before..
can't recall off hand..

Re: 512+ worlds turned into 64x64x64
masteronion on Thu May 05, 2011 7:23 am

Okay, I managed to get a backup for every world, but some worlds, actually these in particular

SharokCorp
MountKevirest
Moufworld
Warzone
Sylvania
Expert
Adept
I could not find backups for in the backup folder. It just means nobody has been active on these maps since the new VPS went up (one week ago?). Fortunately I have some local backups from April 13, which is sort of old... but not too old. I'm also enabling backups at server startup, and since all worlds are working at the moment, we'll have current backups for situations like this in the future.

Last edited by masteronion on Thu May 05, 2011 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

masteronion
Admin

Thanks kev,
i believe i said this before also, but i can supply the backup for my world.

God damn it. Seems this happens when the server gets overloaded. I checked /sinfo and the RAM usage was way over 2GB. A quick restart solves the problem, but /restart does the same thing as /shutdown. The program never calls itself again, so I have to login and start it up myself. Neutral

give the admins or someone who you trust access to the console with teamviewer? xd

Don't know about how we're gonna keep this from happening again,
however one of us should keep the maps as secondary backups in future if we wish to avoid this. though, this seems to be a rare issue among servers, certainly the first i've witnessed it.

so, for now i'm seconding kev, unless you want us to just email you the maps we have.
though, maybe we should make this public for the server, so that we can haul in more maps we're missing.

It happened again! and it happened on a 256X256X256 map. LostDiego Sad as well as hyrule :/ 1400MB of memory used.

I've got Lostdiego on disc XDDDDD
Swear my intentions were innocent. tongue

Moufisto wrote:
Don't know about how we're gonna keep this from happening again,
however one of us should keep the maps as secondary backups in future if we wish to avoid this. though, this seems to be a rare issue among servers, certainly the first i've witnessed it.

so, for now i'm seconding kev, unless you want us to just email you the maps we have.
though, maybe we should make this public for the server, so that we can haul in more maps we're missing.
Cuboid commands. They use a lot of GB.

「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:
Cuboid commands. They use a lot of GB.

*CoughcoughZhugecoughcough*
Wink