Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightning_po

Tired of this

I honestly think we need to change the /rules to reflect that artisan+ ranks are not just timed and the second they get 60h or 100h they get promoted, because this doesn't happen. Not mentioning specific names, but there are some masons just hanging out on the server to get hours up because they think that 60h mark = instant promotion. Other masons are constantly asking because they have 60+ hours.

It's super annoying and I'm pretty sure most of the Expert+ would agree. I'm not saying we ourselves can't use the 60h and 100h marks for consideration points, just that we should publicly show otherwise.

I think it should be changed in the rules to something closer to :

For artisan+ ranks, We'll Come to you, Asking/Begging lowers the chances.

Hour is a secondary requirement and is only considered when someone made a good build. I didn't think some people didn't know. I've made a post about it.

I forgot not everyone is on the Forum...

/t452-promotions

Thats great eric, but i'm not talking about the moderator side, We already know. I mean actual /rules about not asking for rank and not to expect rank @ hours for the non-moderating side.

Guest Eeyle
lightning_po wrote:
For artisan+ ranks, We'll Come to you, Asking/Begging lowers the chances.

Having something like that in the rules would be great. People constantly asking is annoying as hell.

But when someone asks "WHENN DO U PORMOTES MEH?", what exactly do you say in response? "When you earn it"? "When we come to you"? "Once you meet the secret reqs"?

I've been saying "when you earn it". then they ask "when will that be?" "whenever you meet the requirements" "what are the requirements?" "Just behave long enough, and we'll come to you"

I just say "yeahahh i'll toss it around with the others and see what we'll come to" if it's artisan -> adept or adept-> expert
and then sex. I mean, post it up.

As for lower ranks, they USSEDD to have to show us their builds and if we thought they'd done a pretty good job they'd go up..
this system slowly dropped off due to slackness.. so builds haven't been as good after that XD