Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
11014GRF

Spawn City Services, Changes, Suggestions

I thought i'd write a quick post about the changes and improvements i made to the spawn city in SMP

- Market is now open

- Bank is now open
The bank is now open for business. Gold nuggets, ingots, and blocks are an excellent way to convert your virtual money to solid currency. the bank also provides services such as storing your most precious items in a secure vault fir a weekly fee.

- New city gates
I've only made one, but all four exits will soon have one. There have been some reports of lag caused by the gates when standing by them.

- New apartment building doors
To keep the riff raff out

- New apartment rules
For the time being you will no longer be allowed to place any block that aids in crafting, or storing, another block. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Chest
Workbench
Dispenser
Furnace
Enchantment Table
Brewing Stand
If you had items stored in your apartment they have been moved into a temporary bank account. Talk to me about either maintaining a bank account of claiming your items.
There will be more rules added shortly.

Got a suggestion for the city? let me know!
-11014GRF

Good job GRF, ugh as far as city goes I cannot think of anything. If the market is up I think it's pretty solid. Though I think maybe AITM can get into some organized events somewhere in or around the city. One suggested was Capture the Flag. Have some sort of Arena or something below the city or near it connected by railway.
Where each side has a min-castle/house type thing. Possibly include defensive traps and such if people feel like building them (would be cool) but general idea would be to hold the flag for better defense. The flag consists of 3 blocks of coloured wool laying out in the open in some secure area in the castle. Addition to a public chest. Idea would be that the team has to find a way to breach the castle, fight there way inside and take one block of wool back to there chest at there castle at a time (can't take the whole thing). If the person carrying the wool is killed before storing it in the chest, the enemy team can reclaim the wool and place it back on there flag.

First team to capture all three wool wins. Have rules like griefing the castle only is allowed in certon areas to create alternate breaching points. Everybody must wear the same type of gear, such as iron armor and weapons only or diamond armor and weapons only and no enchants to enable fair combat. Have obsticlicles outside along with mini-tunnels and alternate routes that a team can possibly take to get back to home base. Along with borders so a team cannot simply go out of bounds with the enemies flag out of viewpoint so they cannot be caught. Also enable bows and arrows so people can bring down the flag barrier before he reaches home base. I think that would be cool, anything to keep it from being just a SMP server.

Great job...
Leather armor <3

I really like the idea of CTF. I played CTF on another server one day for a little bit, and it was very fun. And the arena wasn't all that big. It was a bit longer than the length of the apartment complex (i think) and about 2x wide. There was a small keep on either side of the map, with two towers on either side of the keeps. On the top of the keeps were tallish towers where the flag was kept. If you got on top of one of the towers, there was a little cloud-path overhead that you could jump from cloud to cloud to get to the tower diagonal from that tower. It was a bit harder to cross that one, since the clouds were a bit far apart and there was always the danger of falling, but it was almost always empty. Then, on ground-level, there were very little trees, a structure in the middle (I think it was a well) and barricades along the field. Then, on the other tower that didn't have the cloud path, there was a ladder to the underground. It was a winding cave thing with barely any light and uneven terrain. This one was a bit more traveled than the cloud one, but not as traveled as the field one.

This is just a recollection of an arena from another server to serve as an idea. While I'm not too good a builder, I could help out with the building process. I doubt I'd be able to do it by myself, seeing as how I always lose my initial inspiration halfway through a project.

Also, good job with the market Wink I hope those gates get completed soon, too. They are great and I will have to study them in detail >:3

good suggestion

-started secret project that involves my knowledge of working FPS multi-player levels Surprised

- All 4 gates are complete

- Majority of in city rail track is done. they still do not lead anywhere tho :/ recommend not using them yet.