Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sloth5950

update of adept & what i think needs to happen (hope you get what im trying to say)

Time of Post 7:23 pm 06/03/2012 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Point 1:
Adept:
Basti96- inactive 2w1d ( ban still applies from Eric?!)
CathCart- active
DallinMinecraft- active
Dr_treeman-active
DarthFart101-inactive 11w4d
HollowThanatos- active
Hankavelli-inactive 5w5d
Micke-active
MattiZWE-active
Ph03b3-inactive 2w1d
Peadle-inactive 2w3d
Sloth- active
Sheppard250-active
Smartnoodle-inactive 2w
TheLostDarkness-active
Taia39-inactive 11w3d
Viviana123-10d10h

not sure about viv, but i am working under the basis that 2w is inactive
but basically what i'm trying to say that anyone with over 2w should be temp demoted until coming back

Point 2:
personally, i think their needs to be another expert ( i am aware johnson just got promoted) because 10 is just an all round better number. the way this should be done is a vote by experts+ and possibly adepts if need be. reasoning: although there would only be 1 spot maybe the people that don't get nominated will see why they haven't got selected and make better of themselves e.g. helping new players to the game, or new pupil/masons etc etc. NOTE: i'm not saying it should be me as that there are many of better choices than me and i will explain later.

Point 3: ( Why not me?)
ok so recently gwenith said she was resigning ( not sure if this is from AITM itself or just adept) but i am aware that she is artisan i was going to ask to be artisan myself, but it seems that i don't really know what to do anymore. NOTE: i was thinking to ask this before mouf left, so don't think im a tag along.
Reasoning: i found that as soon as i got online i was being bombarded with questions and i pretty muchsaid i hade to go and went invisible, which isn't being a great adept ik ik.

so please consider my points and even if u dont decide to have a new expert, thats fine. i would like guidance to tell me whether or not i should resign, a poll could possible decide this as well. either or works for me.

just suggestions so thanks

Firstly, those who are not active on the AITM classic server may infact be active on the AITM SMP server. I think so long as somebody is active on atleast one of the servers they should not be considered inactive no matter what there classic info sais. Ph0b3 for instance I've seen on the SMP server, as well as Taia. Wouldn't be fair to demote them because they prefer the AITM SMP server over classic.

As per the changes that I've noticed since being back, adept is pretty much a expert in regards to the necessary moderating powers. Such as banning. We don't really need more experts. We need more adepts. As there has been quite a few promotions in regards to that rank. Expert is a rank of extreme trust, not to be promoted into because 10 is a more round number.

As for your demotion, if you have earned your rank then you will stay it unless somebody deems you unworthy of it. So I wouldn't worry about you not answering novices questions, not every mod does that or wants to do that and that is fine. So long as you patrol the server when you can and ban griefers you are earning your rank. If anything, adepts are more suited for moderation duties and it's the experts that has a more liability to assist novices. With greater rank comes greater responsabilities. However if you feel you no longer wish to do the duties of the rank then you don't need to put up a poll on the forums. That's your decision and yours alone.

Point 1 is good.

Personally, I haven't bothered with inactive people. I simply forgot. We made a topic a while ago asking how much time should we give to players who are inactive. The majority of people voted 4 weeks. Now that you bring up the list, I see 5 weeks and even 11. That's a kind of a bad considering we've made a poll to avoid that.

Point 2 is mediocre.

We promote adepts when the time comes. I thought of rank ratio but it didn't apply yet. So we are not playing with numbers. When an expert feel an adept is ready, they post. We all have different opinions, if you don't go up it doesn't mean you're someone with 0 potential or trust.

Point 3 is random.

You earned Adept. We know you do the job well. It is your own opinion if you think you should stay up there or not. I also get bombarded of questions, I also hide and I also ignore. It's not harsh, sometime you get too much and it's more respectful to hide than to say bullshit or other stuff. Don't feel bad if a novice say you're ignorant, you know you've done great things.

I'm not going to vote in your poll. I also might delete it. We never said anything against you. You'll have to decide if you had too much.

Take it easy, no one is perfect. As long as you do nothing bad (anything against the rule), look for a grief once in a while, we are happy.

so we got darth, hank, peadle and frogs 2 sis for potential demote due to inactivity/inabliity