Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ericrb

Factions

I need help trying to understand the point of this :

Only faction members can build and destroy in their own territory. Interaction with the following items is also restricted by default: Wooden Door, Trapdoor, Chest, Furnace, Dispenser, and Diode. Make sure to put pressure plates in front of doors for your guest visitors. Otherwise they can’t get through. You can also use this to create member only areas. As dispensers are protected you can create traps without worrying about those arrows getting stolen.

If I understand, the only way to get a "land" is by killing the players who are in the faction that owns the land. If you can't build or destroy, how can you get to their "town" or "land" and kill them (if they camp) ?

You don't, faction zones are limited. So if people build big structures, majority of there structures won't be protected. The zone is meant to be a safe place so faction members can have a safe zone to rest and not being spawn killed or griefed by enemy factions. It also serves as a place to store valuable stuff that cannot be stolen.

Outside the faction zone are considered PVP areas.

:/
So invasions won't be happening? No attacking and claiming the stuff? Maybe we could use the CTF mechanic where if we steal the flag, which should be heavily guarded but accessible, and bring it back to our base we then claim that territory. I think it would be good for constant action.

Might get double post since i lagged out..

but (how to get land if someone is camping)

Faction holds around 10/10 power(might be able to change this) and everytime one of the facion members dies within the base(of their faction) they loose a power(might not be everytime tho) and once the faction power becomes low enough or 0/10 the invading faction is able to claim the loosing factions land as their own,(found this out whilst sandboxing with mods)

Also to get land, your able to claim land with your facion thats neutral ie setup a base and within that area (ppl outside of the facion cant open doors etc.) default is 16x16 i think. so to answer ur question in a plain sentence

:kill ur opponents in their base untill they loose enough power then claim their base as ur own.

Edit: invading factions have a 30% reduced dmg to the invaded facion whilst inside their base.(might be able to config this away as it limits somewhat)

Nah I like the reduced damage bit, can't have it easy to take over faction land.

Micke1990 wrote:
Might get double post since i lagged out..

but (how to get land if someone is camping)

Faction holds around 10/10 power(might be able to change this) and everytime one of the facion members dies within the base(of their faction) they loose a power(might not be everytime tho) and once the faction power becomes low enough or 0/10 the invading faction is able to claim the loosing factions land as their own,(found this out whilst sandboxing with mods)

Also to get land, your able to claim land with your facion thats neutral ie setup a base and within that area (ppl outside of the facion cant open doors etc.) default is 16x16 i think. so to answer ur question in a plain sentence

:kill ur opponents in their base untill they loose enough power then claim their base as ur own.

Edit: invading factions have a 30% reduced dmg to the invaded facion whilst inside their base.(might be able to config this away as it limits somewhat)

If they camp, how can you kill them? :3

Ericrb wrote:
If they camp, how can you kill them? :3

Well we kinda camped whilst aitm was down yet they could get into our base from areas that wasnt protected (you had to pay for each lot of land and we simply didnt have enough money to cover it all) so to solve that would be to increase the price of lots to a rather high amount so that one player wouldnt be able to claim a 100x100 area for example,

but yet your point is valid if they have a high wall the way would be to pillar 1 block outside their wall then jump in, but yea theres flaws to it obviously if they camp inside a house killing them is hard or near impossible

I have a proposal to this. You know how the thing said "By default 'so and so' blocks are protected"? Well, we could disable protection on some of them for small grief capabilities. For example, we could disable protection on glass, fences, wood doors, torches, farms, etc. More could be added later.

That server connected there factions mod with the economy, to the point where you can buy the land you require. I believe the traditional factions mod is or atleast the standard version is that you get a default ammount of sized land which is pretty small but enough to cover a certon area. The only way to increase it is to have more members, more members = more power and more power = the more land you claim. The land increase size isn't by very much and as you pointed out with the land claiming thing. So more power = harder to claim.

The mod has settings I believe you can tweak which most servers do that make them work with economy mods the way micke put it. Which if we do that, as micke said gotta have them at a very high price. If we do the standard version, you don't have to worry about people have big protection zones as its impossible. You get a good ammount as you start a faction and each couple members only adds a small % of additional zone space. For example, if you start a faction you start with 10 power. That 10 power gives you a small part of zoning space. Each new member addition adds 1 additional power, that 1 additional member gives you only 1/10 fraction additional zoning space. So it's not very big. To double the size of the space you are given when you create the faction. You need a total of 10 additional members, other then yourself. To create a huge zone, you'll need A LOT of members which isn't possible anyways.

I have to set permissions to give permissions so the player can have permissions to the other permissions.

I'm gonna have fun!

I have a friend who has multiple experiences setting up the factions mod to work with his server, worked flawlessly. If you want I can get him on the forums to explain how he worked out the kinks and conflicts?

We'll it's kinda hard testing stuff when the hoster turned his TeamViewer off..... I can't access to the server

Thats about where you can put a price for the buying and starting a faction atleast
Spoiler:

"econEnabled": false,
"econUniverseAccount": "",
"econCostClaimWilderness": 30.0,
"econCostClaimFromFactionBonus": 30.0,
"econClaimAdditionalMultiplier": 0.5,
"econClaimRefundMultiplier": 0.7,
"econClaimUnconnectedFee": 0.0,
"econCostCreate": 100.0,
"econCostOwner": 15.0,
"econCostSethome": 30.0,
"econCostJoin": 0.0,
"econCostLeave": 0.0,
"econCostKick": 0.0,
"econCostInvite": 0.0,
"econCostHome": 0.0,
"econCostTag": 0.0,
"econCostDesc": 0.0,
"econCostTitle": 0.0,
"econCostList": 0.0,
"econCostMap": 0.0,
"econCostPower": 0.0,
"econCostShow": 0.0,
"econCostOpen": 0.0,
"econCostAlly": 0.0,
"econCostEnemy": 0.0,
"econCostNeutral": 0.0,
"econCostNoBoom": 0.0,

Im not sure if normal blocks are protected tho, atleast not by default the config gets me another impression

Spoiler:
"territoryProtectedMaterials": [
"DISPENSER",
"CHEST",
"SOIL",
"FURNACE",
"BURNING_FURNACE",
"WOODEN_DOOR",
"JUKEBOX",
"DIODE_BLOCK_OFF",
"DIODE_BLOCK_ON",
"TRAP_DOOR",
"FENCE_GATE",
"ENCHANTMENT_TABLE",
"BREWING_STAND",
"CAULDRON"

"claimsRequireMinFactionMembers": 1,
"claimedLandsMax": 0,

But yeah looking at the config i agree with ur statement, Alot of settings to be set :/

I need 1 or 2 beautiful tester to join :

Ericrb wrote:
I need 1 or 2 beautiful tester to join :

Don't work.