Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightning_po

Question about the rules

There are the rules in /rules , and there are also the rules in spawn. I'm not asking for any kind of change to the rules, I simply want them more defined so that there is less grey area.

From Spawn :

The /rules however, say nothing about having to declare war on the forums. My question is, Do we have to declare war on the forums, or do we not have to? Further, Can we get the /rules to match spawn rules or are spawn rules false or what?

TL;DR PLEASE DEFINE THE RULES MORE CLEARLY

Thats since the initial rules where to either post on the forums or notify one of the mods regarding a war, but after time that rule grew away as more and more ppl started to engage in pvp.

It's hard to define rules when I can only type 10 words per sign. I could define them in /rules but who wants to read rules on a chatbox spammed by everyone on the server. The player will need to type /rules everytime 4-5 people send something. I could link them to this forum and post a better version here, but who wants to do that. It's a game after all, not a prison.

I will recreate the signs so it matches /rules order.

So do we have to declare war on forums or do we continue murderous rampages in cold blood? I'm cool for both I just think we should know what we're in for.

lightning_po wrote:
So do we have to declare war on forums or do we continue murderous rampages in cold blood? I'm cool for both I just think we should know what we're in for.
Yes don't worry. I'll fix it soon enough. I just have that weird addiction to Diablo. Declare war on forums like the rule state. When someone login for the first time, they have to go through these signs.

I think I'll just remove that rule completely. It is a PvP server, people can go on a rampage and kill anyone. The idea of "war" is ruined by towny. Organised War was going to be a way to kill people in group and get rewarded for it. You can still do it manually... town war against the other town, if you don't want to war you can pay them 50k and they'll stop or something. Even after the war they can still kill you, that's why I'll just go ahead and remove that.

Thing is, people are gonna pay the 50k or whatever and still get attacked. There is no regulations to war or attacking, at all. War can be fun, but it should also have SOME limits.

We just want a firm, clear rule list that can't get bent and is enforced with some kind of disciplinary action. Specifically, We would also like rule #3 (no griefing) to be CLEARLY defined. i.e. "Griefing up to 5 blocks of only : Wood , Dirt and cobble." < not necessarily what it should be, but example as to how defined.

Sorry to be a pain, but I believe everyone would be a bit calmer on the server if this was looked into.

P.S. Also, as for rule #6 (don't /cprivate outside your area) What qualifies as "your area"? What if you don't belong to a town, is the whole map your "area" ?

What's with everybody and there sudden interest in the rules being defined by the letter. A is for Apple, B is for Breakfast. It's quite simple, if you are being blocked from killing somebody or doing something then you are allowed to make a 'small' breach into the area allowing you entry. By small breach I mean a 2x1 area allowing a person to pass through, only in the ammount that allows the individuals to pass through and nothing more. A door shaped removal or removing a single fence. It would be nice if those individuals replaced what they broke after but really, that's the point of towny so nobody can do that to you giving you a option to protect your structures or break ins.

For rule 6, that is simple. If you see a chest, door or anything else that is NOT yours. Do not cprivate it, to put simply. If the shit aint yours, don't cprivate it. If the chest on the other hand is not locked, feel free to look around in it and take whatever you can get. There fault for not protecting it. As for war regulations and limits, I have not heard anybody complain about that. When I wanted to war people, people complained like that on how they are neutral or don't PVP. I see those same individuals now creating towns and PVPing people all the time, waring people without a care and even threatening to destroy a group of people if they diddn't get rid of there town. Seems the server is quite happy to be free about PVP and wars now, only time somebody complains is if there victims of the act. When there the ones committing it, funny thing they don't complain about it.

If you want regulations though, can require people to post up a war topic detailing who's going to war with who where other nations or towns can post up there listed support of any given side along with the reason why they are waring them. Any town can only war once per week, any nation can war twice per week. If they have met there limit, they can no longer war untill the week has passed. This does not include if somebody has declared war on them, they would be required to defend themselves. Originally I wanted factions mod because it gave more options for this kinda thing in regards to wars and rewards but being that don't work and people can't invade peoples towns. You can set that for one side to surrender they must give a surrender prize to the winner faction so they get something for winning the war. This can be pre-definied for every victory as something of money value or resources or can let the two sides debate that prize themselves.

DemonicD3 wrote:
When I wanted to war people, people complained like that on how they are neutral or don't PVP. I see those same individuals now creating towns and PVPing people all the time, waring people without a care and even threatening to destroy a group of people.

I admit that I do complain, however I do try to refrain from PVPing unless someone randomly attacks me.

DemonicD3 wrote:
What's with everybody and there sudden interest in the rules being defined by the letter. A is for Apple

Why yes A is for apple ._. Very Happy