Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Micke1990

Unfriendly, econnomical war suggestion.

Suggestion to add more pvp instead of random killing here it goes

When two factions are at war, pvp are force turned on and only turned off after either one of the factions yields. (partly what mikewater suggested)

Rules

A war request cannot be turned down, only 1 faction/nation is required to wage the war on someone. the factions involved need to choose if they want to fight or yield.
Will explain the cost system further down.

Rules and cost of breaking
1.No griefing whatsoever. : Breaks server rules.
2.No pillaring(random pillars) if you build to get over a wall, you remove it after you are done. 100-250$ penalty
3.No spawnkilling (standing at the location where the person respawns and kill him) killing to a tp location or set home is allowed. Breaks server rules.
4.No foul language. 100-500$ penalty Depending on the level of foul language.
4.b. Personal insults,irl threats and so on is not tollerated at all. 500-2500$
5.Looting is allowed.
6.Harvesting farms is allowed(if can replant them) Server rule.
7.Teaming up is allowed.2-3 factions vs 1.(but only if its not to unfair.)
8.House / base camping, is not allowed(if your in a war you fight it) 250-400$ penalty.
9.You cannot decline a war request, only yield.
10.The team that yields first looses, not amount of deaths.
11.You may not wage war on a faction already in a war unless you forge an alliance with either one of the factions.
[i]This only applies if the faction you wage against heavily outnumbers the other, or if its stronger.

12.Setting homes at or near the enemies base is allowed.
13.A war will last untill either one yields.

14.When a war is declared, both town mayors are forced to turn on pvp in the town untill the war is over.300$(1 warning before pentalty cost applies)
[/i]
if you are neutral you may not wear armor whilst close to the fighting ppl. (might be confusing)100$

The rules will be enforced by the 2 waring factions and others, to make sure that these wars goes on smooth without breaking any of the rules, breaking of the server rules however may be dealt with by one of the moderators.

The rules are there to make sure we can have fun doing it, without destroying someones entire gaming experience.

Cost of WAR

Declare War :250$

Killing a neutral member : 500$ + all hes items returned.

Attacking whilst neutral :300$ per member attacked, not per hit. + returning all items.

Yield Before it started : 800$(if you dont have that sum, money + diamonds is fine)/within 1 hours from when someone declared

Loose a war(yield after a while minimum 2 hours from when it started : 500$.

Member neutral (applies per member that wishes to be neutral) :250$ per member.if the faction consists out of 2 members, and both wish to be neutral, it counts as early yield.(entire faction may not be neutral, thus early yield)

After you declared a war on a faction and won, you are not allowed to declare another war against the same faction or town,for a minimum of 1 day after the war has ended.
if you loose a war you declared, you can declare a new at any point.
if you declare a war and change your mind, the early yield cost applies in addition to the cost of declaring a war.

Example
A declares war on B, B wins.
Then B cannot declare another war on A for 2-3 days(we would have to agree on a reasonable time) whilst A can declare war on B again for payback at anytime.
so the winning faction may not wage another war on the loosing faction to farm cash, thus preventing smaller towns being subject to constant wars.

Handleing of the money.

Upon breaking any of the rules you will pay the money for the rule broken to the opposting faction.
The cost of being neutral will be paid to the opposing faction, if your faction wins whilst you are neutral, you get a 25% refund.

If you cannot pay the cost of your loss or for breaking the rules, diamonds are accepted.(ammount will have to be calculated)
If you have the money, you cannot choose diamonds.
If you do not have diamonds or money, other metals may be subject to payment or agreed by the two factions.
If you dont have either one, an agreement between the two factions on the payment will be made.

I reserve the right to bad grammar and spelling mistakes and hope that you understand what it says thou.

If you have nothing but hate to contribute, better not reply at all. if you have feedback or suggestions you are welcome to leave it below.
I might add and remove certain things as the time passes.

- Micke

Eh, just a quick question, will have more, but what if you cannot pay? 12k is a bit steep. And, conviently, more than RezLorden can afford. And, are diamonds based on spawn price?

CryHavoc21 wrote:
Eh, just a quick question, will have more, but what if you cannot pay? 12k is a bit steep. And, conviently, more than RezLorden can afford. And, are diamonds based on spawn price?

Thats the problem, probably not spawn prices but more like the normal price player to player. spawn prices are low for a reason.

Prices could always be changed, just set them rather high at the moment but suggestions is welcome

I got a problem with somebody like Johnsontea being a judge, hes the leader of his own town. What if lets say I declared war on his town, I don't see how he can call the shots of that said war without any bias what so ever. As for prices, those prices seem high. Remember these wars are suppose to happen on a regular basis or atleast that would be great.

If you add up those high prices you get some people cannot afford and thus get people not interested in this war system or war in general. This has to be something that is managable by all parties but also enjoyable by all parties. If you decrease the prices for all said things to something more lower cost but add up a war per day. That cost can add up to a nice sum for victory towns or nations as a reward but still become manageable for losing parties of these wars.

i only took johnsontea as an example since hes neutral and everyone seem to trust him, obviously it would have to be someone else if/when we wage war upon hes town, also the prices were to high indeed after discussing and checking baltop i realized that the prices were alot over the top. and i wouldnt mind someone else submitting their thoughts on the prices as im not very informed about how much money ppl have and how much is considered alot and to little, im still thinking of the old money system Very Happy

but i agree on that everyone should be able to afford loosing a few wars without making their town bankrupt so decreasing prices is obviously needed, this was only ment as a start and i expected ppl to discuss it and add their ideas to it, everyone has to be able to enjoy it

Declare war cost $500
Yield cost $2000 (unless this is daily event and not a weekly then I say $500 and move declare war cost to 150-250)
As for penalties, that should range from $250 - $500 depending on how severe the penalty.
Becoming neutral (individual players) in said war to cost $250

I also have a problem with any neutral party becoming the only ruling party involved in ALL these wars, everybody has alliances with people or towns already on this server regardless of any affiliation with any of them. Infact there are very little people who are actually nomads now, almost everybody has a town affiliation. It's hard putting somebody in charge of all these wars without zero bias towards any one party. As such it's not really great to put any one person in charge of all wars. I think these wars should be managed and rules be enforced by all towns/nations in the AITM server. That all towns/nation should read/agree to these rules and regulations of war and if one town/nation break these rules that all towns/nations should punish and enforce these rules upon that town/nation that breaks these rules.

That all profits from said war should go to the winning town/nation and no cut of that profit should be given to any third party, as that would be just making some individual rich from doing dick all. I also think there should be penalties or some system that prevents overuse from declaring wars all the time to prevent overpowered PVP towns/nations from basicly constantly messing over smaller/weaker towns/nations. Giving them a break every now and again to get there stuff together. I am not only refering to SSGC (mainly though), there are other towns out there have major PVP advantages over other towns.

This system must be perfectly balanced for all towns/nations and individuals that no overpowered town/nation can overly kill everybody all the time and constantly collect all this reward money. I think wars should have a cooldown period of once every week for a town, twice every week for a nation. Should give any struggling towns time to collect any withdraw money they would need and farm any income they should need for there own uses to advance. This does not include if any town/nation is being attacked.

I think that should be good to start but like all things its always corrected through trial and error and can be tweaked more down the road.

My initial idea was to let the towns agree upon the rules, i just suggested the neutral part to try to reduce the foul language thats been surfacing every other time we attack a town, also the costs would have to be dragged down like you suggested and a cooldown of 3 days before you declare war on the same faction (if you win) was discussed with me and cryhavoc. but if you loose the war you declare i think its only fair that you can declare another one for revenge,

so that A declares on B
B wins
A can declare another war on B the same day, but B cannot declare another war on A the same day. thus preventing stronger towns to farm weaker.

Ill edit the initial post to fit with the prices you suggested.

Cost reduced.
Rules added
Rules removed.
Fine on not turning on pvp added.
Payment methods added.

Open for more suggestions

I think this is a bad idea.

In fact, I think this is a down right terrible idea.

LordAidan wrote:
I think this is a bad idea.

In fact, I think this is a down right terrible idea.

So instead of giving lets say SSGC rules to abide by and limitations on when they can attack you. You'd rather us just openly and freely attack you whenever? I understand if thats how you want it.

I see no point in holding people to limitations, especially when there's no way to actually enforce it.

Well it would be set as rules of war, wouldnt it ? if it gets approved.

I wouldnt say im suggesting it as server rules, more like a form of having wars, rather then full on random ganking. but hey i dont mind random ganking so if thats what you want ?

Without it being actual server enforced rules I see no way you could enforce this.

LordAidan wrote:
Without it being actual server enforced rules I see no way you could enforce this.

It's enforced by everybody, should people not obey these rules they are no longer obiding by these rules and therefor free to be random killed and have there town wared against by everybody without these rules. (If you don't want to live by the rules, then they get a taste of what living without them is like).

To put in short, the rules are strictly enforced or should be by every town/nation that agrees to them. So that everybody has a say in how these are enforced and when they are enforced which is not left up to a single person.

LordAidan wrote:

Just saying, you have been a huge jerk in this post as you didn't even attempt to give ideas/options to how this should be enforced. You just bitch and complained. If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all

Well, to be honest I've pretty much given up on wars. I started SSGC with Treeman to oppose what was the overpowered group at the time, me and tree were outnumbered and out resourced. Tree had been away for awhile so he had not collected much in resources and I just got back from a break so I had nothing as well. Despite this we opposed them because we craved PVP and thought wars would be fun but we never got it. We spent our time preparing ourselves for a war that never happened. Coming realize this, we just focused on building up our town. We expanded and we got new members, we looked for ways to become more effective for wars we thought would happen but they never did.

We only ended up gearing ourselves up to the teeth for nothing, ironic that what was a group created to oppose the overpowered group at the time has now become the overpowered group. We realize this and perhaps thats why nobody opposes us, not a smart bet to oppose something you don't have the capability to fight. Which is why I don't see anybody going along with this plan, addition to that the only people who actually want to PVP on a constant basis or have the capability to do so are already in SSGC. As such despite giving up on wars, I decided to let the doors open on our member cap and get what PVP players are left on the server. We will be creating two new arenas from scratch. One larger one and one smaller one. Each will present two different PVP contests and two different prizes for fun. The smaller one will consist of 1 vs 1 PVP bracket matches.

2 players PVP it out, the loser gets his items back and the winner moves on to the next round and faces the winner of another round. The winners keep moving up the brackets unti'll all players are defeated, the person wins a gold ingot for that day aka the gold chip which is placed in a chest marked with the players name. Each day will hold another event untill the end of the week. The player with the most gold chips wins the overall event and the prize. The larger arena will hold different kinds of team PVP games and matches. Either to simulate a war with random teams each time (to prevent team stacking) or such games like capture the flag (again, random teams each time). All these events are PVP based, anybody is capable of entering them even if you are not in SSGC. All events will have a requirement of iron gear only to ensure fair gameplay. Every player must bring there own iron gear, should a player want to enter the event but have no gear we do sell the gear they will require or they can buy it from other players. As we share everything in SSGC, the end prize will have no effect if any of us win. For us its entirely about the fun of PVPing and the events. For outsiders should you love the PVP, thats a bonus but I imagine the end prize will have a bigger effect on you. The prize will be fairly good I promise.

I agree with Aidan. If there is no way to enforce this, it can't be done. If it's an impromptu thing, that's fine. Or, this could only be done on the forums, on the honor system. ONLY if war is declared on the forums can this be done.

Sloth5950 wrote:
LordAidan wrote:

Just saying, you have been a huge jerk in this post as you didn't even attempt to give ideas/options to how this should be enforced. You just bitch and complained. If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all

If I don't think it can be enforced, then there's no way for me to suggest ways for it to be enforced, is there?

LordAidan wrote:
Sloth5950 wrote:
LordAidan wrote:

If I don't think it can be enforced, then there's no way for me to suggest ways for it to be enforced, is there?

Except you don't know it cannot be enforced. You are only assuming it can't.